HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2012, 01:54 PM
  #76
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
Is Boston ever online I never get to play him??
He lives in England I think so it's usually midday that he's on. Although I've yet to have a game with him that wasn't a total lag fest.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 02:55 PM
  #77
camwise
Registered User
 
camwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
in order to do this successfull you need to send a goalie the other way

camwise is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 03:25 PM
  #78
bzur
Registered User
 
bzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I seconded this from the beginning. It's getting to the point that you can't pick up anybody because the other team wants to freely send people down. If you can't get on every couple days to check your **** out or you just plain ignore it then that's your lose.
I had said from the beginning that it was just after a sim, and I would mention the players in the feed. More than once it has happened with a player that is put on waivers post sim. That feels like abuse to me. The goalie thing may be different I agree.. Unless you can roll 3 goalies and you can just make sure you only have 22 players or something when the trade goes through.. Seems to only let you have 2 though.

bzur is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 03:38 PM
  #79
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!
 
Ronik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Port McNicoll, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Ps3

I feel pretty. "Oh so pretty. I feel pretty and witty and bright, And I pity Any girl who isn't me tonight". But in all serious now, there is a SIM tonight @ 9PM MTN.

Ronik

Ronik is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 03:45 PM
  #80
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I had said from the beginning that it was just after a sim, and I would mention the players in the feed. More than once it has happened with a player that is put on waivers post sim. That feels like abuse to me. The goalie thing may be different I agree.. Unless you can roll 3 goalies and you can just make sure you only have 22 players or something when the trade goes through.. Seems to only let you have 2 though.
Did I get Dubby ? I'll check. Also if its post sim on waivers I get it but if its after that or right before a sim then they should be fare game no?

czar99 is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 04:12 PM
  #81
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Did I get Dubby ? I'll check. Also if its post sim on waivers I get it but if its after that or right before a sim then they should be fare game no?
I think I saw Calgary got Dubnyk, not 100% sure though.

tv14 is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 04:54 PM
  #82
AlanHUK
Registered User
 
AlanHUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
Is Boston ever online I never get to play him??
I was on last night, will be on again tonight at some point, but 5pm for you guys is midnight for me, so timing gets a little awkward, i should be on from around 4pm EDM time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
He lives in England I think so it's usually midday that he's on. Although I've yet to have a game with him that wasn't a total lag fest.
not sure if who hosts the game makes a difference, but we can try switching who invites who into the games to solve that. Though my connection speed shouldn't be an issue, I'm running on a 60Mb connection.


Last edited by AlanHUK: 11-22-2012 at 05:03 PM.
AlanHUK is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 05:18 PM
  #83
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHUK View Post
I was on last night, will be on again tonight at some point, but 5pm for you guys is midnight for me, so timing gets a little awkward, i should be on from around 4pm EDM time.



not sure if who hosts the game makes a difference, but we can try switching who invites who into the games to solve that. Though my connection speed shouldn't be an issue, I'm running on a 60Mb connection.
Honestly it's probably my end that effects it more due to the distance. You euro's have way better internet infrastructure then we do. Canada's internet is one of the worst in the developed world. Not to mention Shaw likes to screw with me a lot, I've been complaining to them about my speeds lately, because I'm getting about half the bandwith I'm actually paying for.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 06:54 PM
  #84
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Chara, along with a 2nd rounder, is on his way to Los Angeles in exchange for Brown, Voynov, and a 1st.

4EDM14OIL93 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 07:18 PM
  #85
Game 8
Registered User
 
Game 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I think I saw Calgary got Dubnyk, not 100% sure though.
Yes Calgary grabbed Dubnyk I sent the player plus 7th trade to him. The worst part of it is the game picks which goalie that ends up on waivers. I dont see anyway around it? I would let Hiller go on waivers if thats the way we decide to go, but goalies flying out the back door could really hurt a team. Plus a goalie might be up due to injuries and during the sim phase the injured goalie comes back and the sim will throw one goalie on waivers.

Game 8 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:55 PM
  #86
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
san jose needing to clear some cap space. Glencross, moulson, possibly boyle or stuart on the block

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:23 AM
  #87
camwise
Registered User
 
camwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
san jose needing to clear some cap space. Glencross, moulson, possibly boyle or stuart on the block

whats the caphit on Stuart?

camwise is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 01:42 AM
  #88
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
san jose needing to clear some cap space. Glencross, moulson, possibly boyle or stuart on the block
habs interested in glencross, what are looking to get for him, PM or IM me

Vyse64 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
  #89
WhiteMandingo
Registered User
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
If you guys are looking for a GM I can take over a team.

WhiteMandingo is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 10:32 AM
  #90
camwise
Registered User
 
camwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
If you guys are looking for a GM I can take over a team.
Ill vouch for BlazinBruins im in a couple leagues with him, he's a pretty active GM

camwise is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
  #91
WhiteMandingo
Registered User
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
I sent a request for ottawa but if someone else wants them I could also take minnesota. Gamertag is Tuggernaut


Last edited by WhiteMandingo: 11-23-2012 at 11:37 AM.
WhiteMandingo is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
  #92
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
whats the caphit on Stuart?
3.6, pending FA

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 01:43 PM
  #93
camwise
Registered User
 
camwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
3.6, pending FA
What kind of return are you looking for?

NYI, have a peak, my top line is untouchable, my second line is basically untouchable

camwise is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 03:01 PM
  #94
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!
 
Ronik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Port McNicoll, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Ps3

Forgot to sim, am simming in 5 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ronik

Ronik is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  #95
WhiteMandingo
Registered User
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,944
vCash: 500
Why do the xbox people and ps3 people share a thread? That must get confusing and annoying.


Last edited by WhiteMandingo: 11-23-2012 at 03:18 PM.
WhiteMandingo is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
  #96
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!
 
Ronik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Port McNicoll, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Why do the xbox people and ps3 people share a thread? That must get confusing and annoying.
No, not really. No one ever replies for the ps3 side, and I've been told to give it up and let the Xbox side have this as their own, but I have refused in hope of surviving.

In other words, I am the only one from PS3 who posts now, lol.

Ronik

Ronik is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 03:46 PM
  #97
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,810
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronik View Post
No, not really. No one ever replies for the ps3 side, and I've been told to give it up and let the Xbox side have this as their own, but I have refused in hope of surviving.

In other words, I am the only one from PS3 who posts now, lol.

Ronik
You're not the ONLY one. We are extremely outnumbered though

The Nuge is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 07:11 PM
  #98
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 50
Sent out a few offers for L Schenn and looks like 2 got accepted... Anaheim and Winnipeg both accepted offers. I guess since Winnipeg accepted first thats the one that counts.

tv14 is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:09 PM
  #99
bzur
Registered User
 
bzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Sent out a few offers for L Schenn and looks like 2 got accepted... Anaheim and Winnipeg both accepted offers. I guess since Winnipeg accepted first thats the one that counts.
I do tend to approve deals based on the order they come in and if I see a duplicate with a player I don't approve it. That's fair right? I mean I always try and make proposals that include different players in each one..

bzur is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:37 PM
  #100
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I do tend to approve deals based on the order they come in and if I see a duplicate with a player I don't approve it. That's fair right? I mean I always try and make proposals that include different players in each one..
Ya that sounds fair.

tv14 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.