HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
doorman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Looking at the teams that would be in on Schneider, I have:

Toronto
Tampa
Edmonton
Chicago
New York Islanders * (If there is a buyout in the new CBA)
Columbus
Washington
Philadelphia (If there is a buyout in the new CBA)

For Luongo I have:
Toronto
Florida
Edmonton
Washington
Chicago

I had a thought....maybe we should not totally dismiss Tampa from consideration. Their new goalie is not setting the word on fire in Finland and that is a very veteran team that is built to win now. They may still be a player. I dismissed them as I thought they'd only be in for Schneider but did not have the right assets to carry the trade. But for Lou, they do have the assets....or in particular one asset that does fit very well. That's Connolly who we discussed at length in Schneider proposals.

With Poliout signed, Conacher and Kucherov developing nicely they are not as pinched on wing prospects as they used to be. Their goaltending still really stands out as a significant risk and coming back from the lockout I wonder how much they need to appeal to the goodwill of the fans.

I think there is a fit there.
If Stevie Y decides he needs Lou, he may have to call another team about him. there is noway after spending assets on Lindback he is not going to give him every chance to prove himself. I mean Rinne is not playing well, so by that mantra Nashville should be phoning too.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
When Brian Burke arrived in Toronto their Goalies was Vesa Toskala, Curtis Joseph and Just Pogge who were drafted/traded for by JFJ or Cliff Fletcher. Plus James Reimer was a draft pick of JFJ in 2006. Since then Burke signed Jonas Gustavsson, Ben Scrivens and traded for JS Giguere.

In the short term Giguere was good after Toskala was traded, however injuries to Giguere and Gustavsson's health made James Reimer their #1 Goalie for a good amount of the 2010-2011 season and his play was outstanding to keep that position.

Finally I said before if it wasn't for Reimer getting injured against Montreal during the 2011-2012 season he would still be their #1 Goalie and Toronto is not in the Luongo trade talks. After all Reimer was 4-0-1 with a respectable G.A.A. and save % until he got injured, however with time hopefully that's all behind him. So I don't think Burke has messed up the Goalie system in Toronto compared to what he did in Vancouver.

While I agree it's not as bad as what he did in VAN, he still has yet to secure a legit starter in TO. Which means it's still similar. I understand that Reimer had good stretches of play. He looked like he might run with it for a bit there, but it takes greater consistency to be recognized as a legit #1. That ends up being the difference.

Other goalies can play well, but they can't sustain it. Injury or no injury, it's like you said, the only reason he is in on Lu is because he can't trust Reimer. So my question becomes... why did Burke bank on a 24 yr old establishing himself as a starter without seeing it for a greater sample? It's another reach by Burke. Even if Reimer can eventually secure the spot, he should have never been relied upon to solely see TO through. A legit fix for that spot is still missing, even in his 4th year in TO.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:42 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I don't see the Canucks wanting Bozak and if there's a first involved no chance it's "protected" I keep hearing that from Leafs fans.
Yeah cause its not like Gillis tried to get him out of college, or put him in the first offer for Lui... oh wait he has and did.

Old
11-22-2012, 06:12 PM
marty111

Roberto Luongo
1st in 2014

Joffery Lupul [if he won't resign in TO but would in VAN]
1st in 2014
Stuart Percy
Matthew Lombardi

Old
11-22-2012, 06:18 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post

Roberto Luongo
1st in 2014

Joffery Lupul [if he won't resign in TO but would in VAN]
1st in 2014
Stuart Percy
Matthew Lombardi
Too many valuable pieces going to the Canucks for that to work.

Old
11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Too many valuable pieces going to the Canucks for that to work.

What's the valuable piece? Lupul isn't going to re-sign in this case, so he doesn't count.
2014 gives the Leafs roster some time to mature and develop, meaning the draft pick probably won't be a huge difference in placings (hell, it could even benefit the Leafs depending on how much they improve/if the Canucks regress).
Percy isn't that valuable, especially when you factor in the Lombardi dump.

You have a strange perception of value.

Old
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post

What's the valuable piece? Lupul isn't going to re-sign in this case, so he doesn't count.
2014 gives the Leafs roster some time to mature and develop, meaning the draft pick probably won't be a huge difference in placings (hell, it could even benefit the Leafs depending on how much they improve/if the Canucks regress).
Percy isn't that valuable, especially when you factor in the Lombardi dump.

You have a strange perception of value.
The deal is contingent on Lupul signing with the Nucks. It's written right on the deal.

And it would be great if in two years, perhaps the next season, the Leafs are right at the top with Canucks. I don't think any Canuck fans think their window of winning the cup is going to be gone by 2014 [that they regress], but I appreciate your Leaf enthusiasm.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
The deal is contingent on Lupul signing with the Nucks. It's written right on the deal.

And it would be great if in two years, perhaps the next season, the Leafs are right at the top with Canucks. I don't think any Canuck fans think their window of winning the cup is going to be gone by 2014 [that they regress], but I appreciate your Leaf enthusiasm.

Uh, what? The post clearly says if he does not want to re-sign with Toronto. Lowering his value to Toronto.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
marty111

Quote:
Uh, what? The post clearly says if he does not want to re-sign with Toronto. Lowering his value to Toronto.
[if he won't resign in TO but would in VAN]

If he would resign in Vancouver his value to the Nucks goes up. Simple.

Really I have to explain that?

Old
11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
Looking at the teams that would be in on Schneider, I have:

Toronto
Tampa
Edmonton
Chicago
New York Islanders * (If there is a buyout in the new CBA)
Columbus
Washington
Philadelphia (If there is a buyout in the new CBA)

For Luongo I have:
Toronto
Florida
Edmonton
Washington
Chicago

Whether the new cba allows buyout or not, I doubt the isles will be shopping for a goalie. They are happy to have Nabakov hold the fort, until one of Poulin/Nilson/Koskinen take the #1 spot.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
[if he won't resign in TO but would in VAN]

If he would resign in Vancouver his value to the Nucks goes up. Simple.

Really I have to explain that?
It impacts his value more for Toronto. The Canucks don't have to give up assets for him, Toronto has to trade him or lose him over nothing. I was also responding to the context of the poster saying it was "too many valuable pieces to give up" - a piece isn't very valuable if they want to leave.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:16 PM
marty111

Quote:
It impacts his value more for Toronto. The Canucks don't have to give up assets for him, Toronto has to trade him or lose him over nothing.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Nice rebuttal

Old
11-22-2012, 08:25 PM
DougGilmour93

Lupul will be re-signing with the Leafs. With us, he is guarenteed 1st line icetime and he has developed great chemistry with Kessel. Plus he seems to like the spotlight.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:01 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Lupul will be re-signing with the Leafs. With us, he is guarenteed 1st line icetime and he has developed great chemistry with Kessel. Plus he seems to like the spotlight.
I agree.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:46 PM
DougGilmour93

We keep Blacker and I'd be good with it, only if we could than ship out Raymond and Schroeder for a center to replace Bozak.

If we could keep Bozak I'd give you MacArthur and Connolly. I know Connolly is more of a dump but he's still useful.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-23-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
11-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
If Burke is willing to open the vault, Lupul likely does stay.

If he has another season like the one he just had it's going to take a significant commitment by the Leafs to lock him up. Risky player to hitch your wagon to IMO.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:10 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
If Stevie Y decides he needs Lou, he may have to call another team about him. there is noway after spending assets on Lindback he is not going to give him every chance to prove himself. I mean Rinne is not playing well, so by that mantra Nashville should be phoning too.
I partly disagree with your point about Yzerman. He could have been seeking a young goalie to mentor and develop. Playing behind Luongo would be beneficial, I think. I agree with the other poster that TB should not be dismissed. Yzerman was a smart player, I cannot believe he intends to go with a guy that has 38 NHL games as his starter (I don't think Gillis will go with a guy that only has 60 NHL games, either).

I suggest that guesses are conservative on this topic, as well. Goalies like Luongo don't often change teams. There are a lot of teams that might have interest that have been unnamed. Boston and NJ are reckoned to be well set, but I do not agree. Others may emerge. People were surprised when Edmonton was suggested.

I'd imagine some teams have no chance. Toronto, Dallas, St.Louis, NYI and Columbus probably aren't under consideration. No other Canadian teams, either.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:23 PM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:
We keep Blacker and I'd be good with it, only if we could than ship out Raymond and Schroeder for a center to replace Bozak.

If we could keep Bozak I'd give you MacArthur and Connolly. I know Connolly is more of a dump but he's still useful.
With Macarthur i just dont see acquiring him as an upgrade to the team when we already have enough tweeners. Connolly could be servicable but only in a relief position till Kesler's healthy then drop into 3C role, but once again i realistically dont see him as an significant improvement to the team. With that said though if a dump had to come back in any deal for Lou i would prefer it be Connolly over any others.
For any trade for Lou i think the Canuck's need a player/s that will noticably improve a position or has the potential to improve on a postion (Solid prospects / 1st rd picks). Since Kessel,Gardiner,Lupul, Grabo,etc. are all considered non starters I believe the deal at the very least has to revolve around Bozak; he upgrades 3rdline C with potential to be a top 6 C, he's young, and he's consistently developed over the last 3 years.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-23-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: corrected [QUOTE]
Old
11-22-2012, 11:31 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutiers5hole View Post
With Macarthur i just dont see acquiring him as an upgrade to the team when we already have enough tweeners. Connolly could be servicable but only in a relief position till Kesler's healthy then drop into 3C role, but once again i realistically dont see him as an significant improvement to the team. With that said though if a dump had to come back in any deal for Lou i would prefer it be Connolly over any others.
For any trade for Lou i think the Canuck's need a player/s that will noticably improve a position or has the potential to improve on a postion (Solid prospects / 1st rd picks). Since Kessel,Gardiner,Lupul, Grabo,etc. are all considered non starters I believe the deal at the very least has to revolve around Bozak; he upgrades 3rdline C with potential to be a top 6 C, he's young, and he's consistently developed over the last 3 years.

I'm good with your 1st proposal.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-23-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: corrected [QUOTE]
Old
11-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCloutiers5hole View Post

VAN:
Bozak
Kadri
Blacker/Percy
1st 2013 (top 10 protected) -> 1st 2014

TO:
Luongo
Raymond
Schroeder

*Flame away*
Not going to flame you but this is horrible for the Canucks, add phil kessel to make it fair.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:11 AM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
Not going to flame you but this is horrible for the Canucks, add phil kessel to make it fair.
kessel + gardiner at least

Old
11-23-2012, 12:19 AM
Numbers

Quote:

Blacker would need to stay and this would be straight up for Luongo. Actually very similar to deals we have negotiated.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-23-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: corrected [QUOTE]
Old
11-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
kessel + gardiner at least
you know what, take out Kadri and 1st to make it Luongo, Schroeder, Raymond, 1st for Kessel, Percy and Gardiner instead. Drop Bozak, we have no need for such player

Old
11-23-2012, 12:45 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver_2010 View Post
you know what, take out Kadri and 1st to make it Luongo, Schroeder, Raymond, 1st for Kessel, Percy and Gardiner instead. Drop Bozak, we have no need for such player
I still dont find much value in that personally.

Closed Thread