HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 10:10 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I kind of like the move. I certainly didn't like what Rychel paid for Schoenmakers and Devlin but you need to move on. I think with Schoenmakers is that production doesn't always matter, as an OA and veteran on the team you need to make an example for the younger kids to follow and that didn't always happen, we have already asked where the leadership on this team was. Murphy should help and a change of scenery should help but it might take time for him to adjust. Lorentz adds depth up the middle which is nice and a possible OA year next year. Don't stop now Warren, there are many other passengers on this team.
Excellent points Rayzor,could not agree more
I think Murphy will make a fairly smooth transition,Windsor fans will take to him quickly

Old
11-22-2012, 10:12 PM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

Full media release here:
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/sports/WS0077.php

Old
11-22-2012, 10:28 PM
hockeyboy4

does murphy play the powerplay?

Old
11-22-2012, 10:29 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
I kind of like the move. I certainly didn't like what Rychel paid for Schoenmakers and Devlin but you need to move on. I think with Schoenmakers is that production doesn't always matter, as an OA and veteran on the team you need to make an example for the younger kids to follow and that didn't always happen, we have already asked where the leadership on this team was. Murphy should help and a change of scenery should help but it might take time for him to adjust. Lorentz adds depth up the middle which is nice and a possible OA year next year. Don't stop now Warren, there are many other passengers on this team.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:34 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
You got 1 wrong- not Rychel
I thought I recalled hearing Vail and Kerby were in post-secondary, but wasn't 100% sure. Given his age, took the lesser of two evils, haha.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:35 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajrh0_0bmko
look at that beauty goal, looks like he can score in the shootout.. something we needed

Yes, Lorentz was very good for us last year in the shootout. That highlight is only one of many. I don't have precise numbers, but he had a streak of maybe 4 or 5 straight goals before being stopped. He was money in the bank, pretty much every time out. If his prowess in the shootout is still as good as it was here last year, he should be good for 4 or 5 extra points over the course of the season.

He played on Faksa's wing last year. The line, Lorentz-Faksa-Ming, caught fire once they were put together a couple months into the season. They slumped down the stretch and Lorentz's production all but died once Faksa was concussed in the first round vs Owen Sound. This led many to be of the opinion that Faksa was the main reason for their offense. I think if you look it up, the vast majority of their production came solely while they were playing with Faksa - the rest of the time, their offense was non-existant. This is likely a reason why not many in Kitchener lost sleep at him, a hometown boy, being involved in the Puempel deal.

He was the least physical on that line and if he has a mean streak, he didn't show it here in Kitchener. I don't remember any fights in his two years here.

He would be a decent OA prospect next year if he has the right line mates. He'd be a good third guy on a line with a couple of good offensive players.

Last edited by EvenSteven: 11-22-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old
11-22-2012, 10:39 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
does murphy play the powerplay?
Yes he has powerplay abilities,real good shot and very good speed

Old
11-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Ottomatic

Could Lorentz be brought in for his shoot-out acumen? We've been brutal here for 2-3 seasons now.

I like this trade for us because I think we get the player with the most potential in Murphy. He's undersized, but plays with a bit of grit at least.

Opens up an OA spot as well - WR have something in mind, or just making the deal that presented itself now?

Last edited by Ottomatic: 11-22-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old
11-22-2012, 10:50 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Could Lorentz be brought in for his shoot-out acumen? We've been brutal here for 2-3 seasons now.

I like this trade for us because I think we get the player with the most potential in Murphy. He's undersized, but plays with a bit of grit at least.

Opens up an OA spot as well - WR have something in mind, or just making the deal that presented itself now?
Agree on all 3 pts,yes there is an O/A spot open,will be interesting to see if he can pick somebody up

Old
11-22-2012, 10:54 PM
punch1943

Quote:
I hate to see Schoenmakers leave, he put more effort into it than a number of others on the team. You can expect the Petes to move him to a contender sooner than later. As for Devlin he's had a rough week. Unless his stolen car has been recovered it'll be the bus to Peterborough for him.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:00 PM
Spitzman

His car was recovered the same night it was stolen.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:04 PM
hockeyboy4

poor kid, getting shipped to Peterborough...

Old
11-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Spitsfan67*

This trade dosen t help us this season maybe next year with Murphy but IMO at least Lorentz has proven pretty much nothing in his two and a half season in this league and by the way some people are talking about him he seems like a player that is very soft and wouldn't swat at at fly if it was on his nose, he's a down grade from shoenmakers...and this team really isent to tough outside of Sieloff, Bilcke,E Clarke. And as of RIGHT NOW Murphy is not a huge up grade on Devlin, Murphy will be better but as of now not to much...if Warren doesn't have a follow up trade coming up soon I would be very dissapointed we need a trade to help our offense and get bigger and tougher.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:26 PM
OHLTG

I know how Devlin feels (about car being stolen). I had my old van stolen back during the Knechtel days. Talk about stress. Glad he got it back.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Spitsfan67*

The Pete's play in London tomorrow so it's not to far of a drive for em.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
This trade dosen t help us this season maybe next year with Murphy but IMO at least Lorentz has proven pretty much nothing in his two and a half season in this league and by the way some people are talking about him he seems like a player that is very soft and wouldn't swat at at fly if it was on his nose, he's a down grade from shoenmakers...and this team really isent to tough outside of Sieloff, Bilcke,E Clarke. And as of RIGHT NOW Murphy is not a huge up grade on Devlin, Murphy will be better but as of now not to much...if Warren doesn't have a follow up trade coming up soon I would be very dissapointed we need a trade to help our offense and get bigger and tougher.
Very harsh on Lorentz,19 goals last yr,only 1 less then Schoenmakers 5 on 5,excellent shootout player,O/A possibility,whats not to like,Murphy higher ceiling for potential,younger,quicker,gritty despite his smaller stature,dont understand your thinking

Old
11-22-2012, 11:37 PM
RayzorIsDull

Patrick Murphy just tweeted Trevor-At least you will get more games in a Spits jersey than I did.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:45 PM
RayzorIsDull

67 I think you're being too harsh. There are numerous things this Spitfire team lacks it's not like you can get everything in one day. It's not like Rychel can get Monahan from Ottawa, Ekblad from Barrie and Hartman from Plymouth and you add a shutdown D, top flight forward and a terrific power forward. There aren't any deals like that and they did need to get another guy that can play down the middle and young D that will push Bateman either to play better or push him out of Windsor.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:50 PM
OHLTG

I think what I'm most curious about are the next couple of moves. This deal makes us younger, but better. Do we go out and grab an OA? Do we deal more veterans for youngsters, and still go for the Cup?

Old
11-23-2012, 07:13 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
67 I think you're being too harsh. There are numerous things this Spitfire team lacks it's not like you can get everything in one day. It's not like Rychel can get Monahan from Ottawa, Ekblad from Barrie and Hartman from Plymouth and you add a shutdown D, top flight forward and a terrific power forward. There aren't any deals like that and they did need to get another guy that can play down the middle and young D that will push Bateman either to play better or push him out of Windsor.
Rayzor

You are spot on,especially as it relates to Adam Bateman,as it stands now he is 6th and a precarious 6th D right now,with McNaughton,Bowen and Brown in the wings
He definitely needs to respond
There are 3 or 4 more others who should take this as a wakeup call
I wont name think they know who they are

Old
11-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Ottomatic

Bowen should be happy with this trade as he should be getting more ice time out of it both because it should put him ahead of McNaughton now given Posa and now Murphy are both smaller players as is Bateman if he's playing as #6. Also with Shoe traded we lose one of our guys willing and able when dropping the gloves - leaving us with Clark and Bilcke, along with Sieloff I guess, but he's more just protecting himself after a clean open ice hit the other side doesn't like.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:13 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Bowen should be happy with this trade as he should be getting more ice time out of it both because it should put him ahead of McNaughton now given Posa and now Murphy are both smaller players as is Bateman if he's playing as #6. Also with Shoe traded we lose one of our guys willing and able when dropping the gloves - leaving us with Clark and Bilcke, along with Sieloff I guess, but he's more just protecting himself after a clean open ice hit the other side doesn't like.
Yes I would agree Bowen may see more ice,as to the area of toughness or fighting,with the de-emphasis on fighting,and with Bilcke and Clark,along with Bowen,probably not an issue now a days,Seiloff as mentioned will go,others such as Maletta,Verbeek,Studnicka,
M.Clarke,Rychel are willing to those type of things as well
Murphy for a small guy can be a little ball of hate,think Macqueen with 3 inches of height
Trend seems to be team tough with a touch or more of being a pain in the arse,moreso then brawling

Old
11-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Spitsfan67*

I think some of the bad blood from last weeks affair will carry into todays game, i think it will be chippy and i think there will be some fights. Saginaw will come into this game looking to make up for the thumping they got from us last thursday and the spits coming off two shutouts and three bad games along with the trade hopefully will have some jump in them and have a fire under them to pick it up, i think it should be a fun game to watch....im going to say 5-4 Saginaw.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
spits2timechamps

I like the move although I hate to loose Schoenmakers. That means at least we are getting another OA, hopefully who puts the puck in the net. Also with this move does Lorentz move to wing or another center move to wing? Michael Clark was already getting minimal ice time. Maybe this confirms hes on the move.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:04 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
I like the move although I hate to loose Schoenmakers. That means at least we are getting another OA, hopefully who puts the puck in the net. Also with this move does Lorentz move to wing or another center move to wing? Michael Clark was already getting minimal ice time. Maybe this confirms hes on the move.
I dont see M.Clarke dealt yet maybe Emerson Clark,despite his toughness 1 goal and 6 total pts for a 3rd liner in 24 games is not enough

Closed Thread