HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 07:42 PM
That

vCash: 500
Great shift from Galchenyuk there.

Goldobin with a beautiful snipe to make it 5-3.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Sounded great.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:55 PM
overlords
Hfboards

I just started watching, so gally snipes one soon. Book it.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Paul Owen ‏@ObserverOwen
Galchenyuk getting fed with the Sting down 2 and 4:29 to go; looking dangerous and shooting the puck with gusto

Old
11-22-2012, 08:05 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Probably a 1st rounder+a solid young player who is 16 or 17 years old as the basis of the package.
OHL firsts can't be traded, you're probably looking at a couple seconds and a good 16 or 17 year old or multiple young players. I'm not convinced he gets traded.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
OHL firsts can't be traded
I did not know that. Thanks.

If Sarnia is battling with the likes of the Soo, Windsor and Saginaw for the 6th-8th spots and Plymouth runs away with the division as expected, they would be misguided if they do not trade him. The top of their conference is very strong this year, upsets seem unlikely.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Makander

I dont like De Angelo at all, seems he hold on the puck for way too long and doesnt create much, just pass it to Galchenyuk already

Old
11-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Damn, hell of a 3rd period for Galchenyuk.

6 shifts, 8:20 time on ice.
Totals for tonight; 19 shifts, 18:44 time on ice.

I also noticed he wasn't too happy with DeAngelo. Got him to switch, so Galchenyuk could work the point.

So 1 goal, 1 assist, -1, 4 shots on net and 1-for-1 in the face-off circle.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
11-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
His skating is much more fluid and powerful than the first 10 games. Making a huge difference in his game, especially since he is able to stickhandle at that high speed.

Old
11-22-2012, 08:37 PM
That

5-3 win for London. Galchenyuk picked up a goal and an assist. I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight.

Galchenyuk's first point came off a beautiful saucer pass to Boucher. Wicked pass and a wicked shot, just a great player all around. There was two times in the period where passes went right by him, if he had his stick on the ice he would have been able to intercept them. I've never seen that happen to him before. He also had a bad read that resulted in a London goal. He was already turning around and started moving his feet towards the other end of the ice instead of attacking the puck carrier. However, that was the extent of the negative play. On the PP he pulled the puck back and tried to put it in the net. On that same PP he used his great hands to get off an (almost) impossible pass to Boucher. In the second Galchenyuk had a nice end to end rush on the PP, but forced his pass. During the PK he had a turnover, but recovered nicely. Right after that PK, Galchenyuk had a flurry of chances, he got the puck shot, missed, picked it up and went around the net for the wrap around. He had a great play on the PP, where he walked into a group of 2 Knights, but somehow managed to come out with the puck, pretty awesome. His goal came off of that same PP, but with just a second left in the period. It was a beautiful wrister that went top shelf. In the third, Galchenyuk picked up his play even further. He had a great shift to start off the period. He went around the net and protected the puck well, had a beautiful toe drag along the boards, and then deked the defender and made a great pass to Sarault. He had another great rush on his next shift. He did a great job protecting the puck at one point, and skated all the way from the blue line, to behind the net and at the top of circle before passing it off. With time running out he switched to a different position off the FO and immediately he got a great chance but using his great hands and firing off a shot. Sarault sent him a pass and Galchenyuk while getting hit launched off a great shot. It really showed off how quick his release is.

Overall, I thought it was an outstanding game from Galchenyuk. He had quite a few phenomenal passes that his teammates could trap. During the first two periods, it seemed like he was the only forward who decided to play. He looked... explosive tonight, his skating was awesome. I thought he was the best player on the ice tonight.

-Devil's prospect Reid Boucher picked up a goal off a beautiful one-time from a feed from Galchenyuk. It was a great shot. His shot, well more specially his release, has held him back in the past, but lately his shot is more effective. Hopefully he keeps it up.
-Joshua Chapman is slowly starting to become a player that could be a late round pick in my eyes. He's 6'4", he's very physical, he's great defensively, and he's got some good offensive instincts. Every game he gets better.
-2014 draft eligible Nikolay Goldobin was very quiet the first two periods, but really picked it up in the third. He picked up a goal from a great snipe.
-Jack Kuzmyk was solid tonight. He made some great reads. I thought he was Sarnia's best defenceman from start to finish.
-2014 draft eligible Anthony DeAngelo was horrible tonight. He was extremely selfish and turned the puck over far too much. He's incredibly talented, but he's got some terrible habits.
-Blue Jacket's prospect Josh Anderson had a great game. He picked up two goals and was great the first two periods. The third he didn't do much. He's really becoming a solid player for London. Very talented and a guy to keep an eye on in the future.
-2013 top prospect Max Domi didn't really do much at all tonight. Apart from a few chances, he was invisible.
-Another 2013 top prospect Bo Horvat also had a quiet game. I'm really becoming a fan of his, but tonight wasn't really his best game. He didn't engage at all during the play.
-Unlike his fellow 2013 top prospects, Nikita Zadorov had a great game. Looked very poised. He made some great decisions defensively, but also offensively. He jumped up in to the rush and made some good smart decisions. More specially, he did a great job keeping possession along the boards in the offensive zone, and then made a great pass. He didn't play with the normal physical edge, but he was still very good.
-Sharks prospect Chris Tierney picked up 3 assists tonight. I didn't really notice him much apart from those 3 assists though. Showed some solid vision on Anderson's first goal though.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:09 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Here are Alex's 2 points tonight:

There are a few a couple other Galchenyuk videos on my channel as well, but most of you have seen those already.

If you haven't already, I would really appreciate any followers on twitter: https://twitter.com/antontibaldi

My blog just got picked up by pretty popular site and I'm pretty excited about it. Would like to put together a decent following on twitter to coincide with that. Could use this massive fan base's help.

Cheers.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Dat shot.

Kovalev in 2007-08 comes to mind.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Dat shot.

Kovalev in 2007-08 comes to mind.
except it doesn't take Galchenyuk much time and space to release it...

Old
11-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He scored on a 5-on-3 PP. He had plenty of space.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

I really liked that pass on the first goal. Between the D's skate and stickblade, cross-ice, on the tape.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:17 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
See 1:45 of this video. Shot gets blocked but, my god, what a release!

Old
11-22-2012, 10:28 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Here are Alex's 2 points tonight:

There are a few a couple other Galchenyuk videos on my channel as well, but most of you have seen those already.

If you haven't already, I would really appreciate any followers on twitter: https://twitter.com/antontibaldi

My blog just got picked up by pretty popular site and I'm pretty excited about it. Would like to put together a decent following on twitter to coincide with that. Could use this massive fan base's help.

Cheers.
WHAT A BULLET!!

Beautiful pass as well to Boucher for the assist.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
See 1:45 of this video. Shot gets blocked but, my god, what a release!

at :40...wow

at 1:35...did he really pass that right to Boucher behind him while falling? Hard to tell but it sure looked like it.

Could have easily had 2 other assists based on that video.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:57 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
at :40...wow

at 1:35...did he really pass that right to Boucher behind him while falling? Hard to tell but it sure looked like it.

Could have easily had 2 other assists based on that video.
Omg you're right, I thought he just shoveled it towards the goaltender.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:59 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makander View Post
Cammalerri would have been the perfect winger for Galchenyuk, just imagine all those one timer...
Yep I can imagine it now...

Galchenyuk saucer pass to Cammalleri, and he SCORES!!

Old
11-22-2012, 11:00 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Omg you're right, I thought he just shoveled it towards the goaltender.
Unbelievable how he did that!!

Old
11-22-2012, 11:29 PM
NotProkofievian

That pass was simply incredible. It seems like every move a defender makes to take the puck off Galchenyuk, Alex sees before it happens, and stick handles accordingly. He doesn't move the puck to avoid what the defender is doing, he moves it to avoid what they're going to do. It's really incredible to watch.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
That pass was simply incredible. It seems like every move a defender makes to take the puck off Galchenyuk, Alex sees before it happens, and stick handles accordingly. He doesn't move the puck to avoid what the defender is doing, he moves it to avoid what they're going to do. It's really incredible to watch.
He's like the maestro, dictating opposing player's reactions with a wave of his stick. That's what he did at :40.

I thought he looked pretty boss in those highlights, and this was against London no less, I'm a pretty happy camper right now.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

We sound like a bunch of kids on christmas morning. We finally have a legit top 6 prospect in this organization. No 3rd liners trying to be top liners.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:07 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
We sound like a bunch of kids on christmas morning. We finally have a legit top 6 prospect in this organization. No 3rd liners trying to be top liners.
The way he's been playing, he's making himself into a Top 3 forward prospect.

Closed Thread