HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo GDT | Bingo vs Queer as Folk| Win 7 for the Deer (and 10 straight)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2012, 07:48 PM
  #51
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Yeah DD has not impressed me at all since the first game or so.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:09 PM
  #52
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
DD would make an excellent 4th liner right now imo. i've seen more than one game. he can do more than check and fight.
he didn't have a great game that is all.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:32 PM
  #53
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Dziurzynski loses 3/4 faceoffs in the last minute.

Didn't cost the team, but I have no idea why Richardson didn't put the best faceoff taker on the team (Zib) out on the ice for those faceoffs. Doesn't make any sense.
Funny, some guy said something along these lines on the game-chat. Such a casual tone too.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:04 PM
  #54
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Zibanejad needs to add more weight and muscle, he's losing some battles for the puck because of it. I think if and when he fills into his frame he'll have a better shot at reaching potential. He's fast and has solid hands, I think he's looked dangerous tonight at times.

Also this is my first time seeing Dziurzynski play, and although its my one and only time seeing him I must say he suffers from a lot of overhype in this forum.. Now like I said its one game, but he is a terrible passer. In order to be successful at the next level or at least a consistent NHLer, you need to be able to complete and accept simple passes.
For one, DD's hype in hear falls right in line with the media and orgs hype of him thus far this season. And you don't have to pass well at all in the league to be a 4th liner.

The orgs hot on him because hockey people know that finding a free player from the Alberta junior league and turning him into an NHLer is pretty much just as impressive as finding a stud in the late rounds.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:17 PM
  #55
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The orgs hot on him because hockey people know that finding a free player from the Alberta junior league and turning him into an NHLer is pretty much just as impressive as finding a stud in the late rounds.
I'm just quoting your post for emphasis. He's got a great chance to play in the league and that's impressive considering where he's come from.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:12 AM
  #56
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Zibanejad needs to add more weight and muscle, he's losing some battles for the puck because of it. I think if and when he fills into his frame he'll have a better shot at reaching potential. He's fast and has solid hands, I think he's looked dangerous tonight at times.

Also this is my first time seeing Dziurzynski play, and although its my one and only time seeing him I must say he suffers from a lot of overhype in this forum.. Now like I said its one game, but he is a terrible passer. In order to be successful at the next level or at least a consistent NHLer, you need to be able to complete and accept simple passes.
I didn't catch this game so I can't gauge how DD played, but your overall assessment of him is wrong. He might have had a bad game, but he has been solid tis season. He actually has a pretty good set of hands on him and actually excels t passing. I think Richardson has been using him a lot more than he is used to and that is leading to some volatility in his play. So far this season he has been the best player on the ice or at least one of the best players on the ice on number of occasions. Other games, he struggles a bit. He is still raw, but he has some solid potential. If you listened to what Tim Murray said about him, the organization felt he was very raw when they got him and maybe not ready for the AHL but they kept him there all season. Since then his play has progressed and he now has a real shot of cracking the sens roster as a bottom six guy. The more consistent his play gets, the better chance he will have of being a full time NHL player. He does have NHL potential, you will just have to see him play more to notice it.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:17 AM
  #57
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Nice to know that I'm not the only one that doesn't see him getting close to the NHL.

Just doesn't have the puck skills to do so.
Well it looks like the professionals disagree with you. Tim Murray, Luke Richardson and Paul MacLean all think he has NHL potential and is not that far off from making it. Tim Murray even stated that they expect him to play for the sens in the not too distant future. Maybe it is time that you reassess your perspective of him. He might still be a bit raw and there might be some volatility in his play, but there have definitely been glimpses of a solid bottom six NHL player in his play this season.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:18 AM
  #58
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I'm just quoting your post for emphasis. He's got a great chance to play in the league and that's impressive considering where he's come from.
It also is a good indication of how good the sens development program is. He was pretty raw when he got here and the sens helped refine him to the point that he actually has a decent shot to become an NHL player.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 05:39 AM
  #59
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
It also is a good indication of how good the sens development program is. He was pretty raw when he got here and the sens helped refine him to the point that he actually has a decent shot to become an NHL player.
yeah I don't doubt in some orgs the Greening's, Condra's, Daugavins, may not have even made it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:11 AM
  #60
StikTBo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
The night of second rounders

StikTBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
  #61
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I didn't catch this game so I can't gauge how DD played, but your overall assessment of him is wrong. He might have had a bad game, but he has been solid tis season. He actually has a pretty good set of hands on him and actually excels t passing. I think Richardson has been using him a lot more than he is used to and that is leading to some volatility in his play. So far this season he has been the best player on the ice or at least one of the best players on the ice on number of occasions. Other games, he struggles a bit. He is still raw, but he has some solid potential. If you listened to what Tim Murray said about him, the organization felt he was very raw when they got him and maybe not ready for the AHL but they kept him there all season. Since then his play has progressed and he now has a real shot of cracking the sens roster as a bottom six guy. The more consistent his play gets, the better chance he will have of being a full time NHL player. He does have NHL potential, you will just have to see him play more to notice it.
Except he will never have that luxury

Spezza, Turris, Michalek
Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Da Costa
Greening, Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien, Smith
Grant, Pageau, Culek, Dzingel, Maidens, Kramer, Cowick, Filatov...

I can't see DD not getting beat by at least 12 of those guys

Highlighted are the guys that are already NHLers or will be very soon... Of course, the Sens could let go guys like Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien... but why would they do that? To leave a spot for DD? No, it would likely be because one/a few of Petersson, Da Costa, Prince, Hoffman, Puempel, Grant, Pageau, etc are too good to not be in the NHL.

DD could play a few games for the Sens but there's too much organizational depht for him here to be a mainstay

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:07 PM
  #62
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
yeah I don't doubt in some orgs the Greening's, Condra's, Daugavins, may not have even made it.
I also remember hearing that it was one of the bigger factors that lead DD to sign with the sens. His agent was raving about the development program here.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
  #63
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Except he will never have that luxury

Spezza, Turris, Michalek
Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Puempel, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Da Costa
Greening, Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien, Smith
Grant, Pageau, Culek, Dzingel, Maidens, Kramer, Cowick, Filatov...

I can't see DD not getting beat by at least 12 of those guys

Highlighted are the guys that are already NHLers or will be very soon... Of course, the Sens could let go guys like Regin, Latendresse, Condra, O'Brien... but why would they do that? To leave a spot for DD? No, it would likely be because one/a few of Petersson, Da Costa, Prince, Hoffman, Puempel, Grant, Pageau, etc are too good to not be in the NHL.

DD could play a few games for the Sens but there's too much organizational depht for him here to be a mainstay
Pageau, Petersson, Da Costa and Filatov aren't suited to play bottom six minutes so he isn't competing with them. The rest of the prospects you listed (aside from Hoffman and possibly Grant) are at least another two years off before they are even being considered for a spot. Now DD will have to earn that spot in order to maintain it, but he will definitely be given a shot.

I don't know, maybe it is just my opinion, but I see DD as basically an ideal bottom six forward. He skates very well for a guy who is 6'3 218 lbs; there are not many guys his size that can move as well as he does out there. He hits and he fights, and he is good at both; therefore he is a physical player. He is also a very good penalty killer. On top of that he actually has a decent set of hands and can contribute offensively.

So based on his skill set, he sounds at the very least like a decent 4th liner at the NHL level. He has size, skating, physicality, defensive awareness and some offensive skills. That's a pretty good set of skills for a bottom six forward.

Richardson also plays DD in every position. He plays 5 on 5, 2nd pp unit, 1st pk unit, 1st or 2nd 5 on 3 unit, 2nd or 3rd 4 on 4 unit. There are only a handful of players on the team that play in all those situations. Only players that a coach really trusts get to play in all those positions.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 05:47 PM
  #64
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
7:30 pm game time. See you soon.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 05:55 PM
  #65
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
7:30 pm game time. See you soon.
Syracuse is a great team, so expecting everyone to be a bust tonight by 10 EST.


Last edited by sg58: 11-23-2012 at 06:07 PM.
sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:05 PM
  #66
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Is the game already over??

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:06 PM
  #67
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Is the game already over??
Still in 25 minutes, bud.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
  #68
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Is the game already over??
Depends. Yesterday's game is over. Today's game starts soon.

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
  #69
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Still in 25 minutes, bud.

Oh, sorry, read the first page and it said that the game was 2-1 in the second period - guess it was another game

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:10 PM
  #70
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
this should be a good one. battle for division lead.

Zibby WILL score. you can bet your house on it. no house? opportunity lost.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:23 PM
  #71
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,843
vCash: 500
Looks like the game is cancelled.
Everyone is upset
Sucks for people wanting to watch the game.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Perhaps next time it will be on.
Everyone will be there to watch it.
Ottawa's farm team is doing well.
Perhaps Zibby will score a goal next time.
Lehner is by far the best player right now.
Even strength is okay, PP needs some work.

Binghamton is doing wonders for Silfverbergs game.
Each night he is getting better and better
Tomorrow will be a good game.
Too bad it was cancelled tonight.
Eckford is playing a solid round game.
Really Happy with Claesson.

Silfverberg is still my favorite prospect.
Tim Murray has no emotions.
Ray Emery's toughness in Lehner is apparent.
ECHL team must be doing well. Haven't followed them.
Andre Petersson needs to step up his game.
Mika will score two goals tomorrow and will be a hero.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:31 PM
  #72
HarveySpecter
Registered User
 
HarveySpecter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,988
vCash: 500
stream?

nvm http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bsenshockeylive

HarveySpecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:35 PM
  #73
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,872
vCash: 500
Good guys in white: 1
Team with the goalie that Pierre really likes: 0

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
  #74
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intangibles View Post
Yes.....

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:39 PM
  #75
sensfan25
Registered User
 
sensfan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
The game is being filmed with a potato.

sensfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.