HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 12:17 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
We sound like a bunch of kids on christmas morning. We finally have a legit top 6 prospect in this organization. No 3rd liners trying to be top liners.
The misc is strong with this one.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:00 AM
HatTricK09
(╯□)╯︵ uǝıɹɹǝɥʇ

vCash: 1801
Quote:
We sound like a bunch of kids on christmas morning. We finally have a legit top 6 prospect in this organization. No 3rd liners trying to be top liners.
We have all the right reasons to be

Old
11-23-2012, 01:06 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
except it doesn't take Galchenyuk much time and space to release it...
We saw Kovalev when he played in the NHL. Put an 18 or 19yrs old Kovalev in Galchenyuk's place (and I mean a 5 on 3 in the OHL) and he might look even more dominant.

Kovalev was really, really good at some point. I like Gally's potential and think he'll get many very productive seasons and that he will be much more consistant but I don't really think he'll have a 40+ goal or 90+ point season like Kovy did. Of course, I'll be extremely please if he proves me wrong

Old
11-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
The misc is strong with this one.
u wot m8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
We have all the right reasons to be
Of course, it's just funny to see everyone so hyped, but it's good, man.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
except it doesn't take Galchenyuk much time and space to release it...
Kovalev had so much skill and respect in consequence, he never needed the space.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Cor
I'm Not Drunk

vCash: 50
Leaf Fan Here (haha yeah)

Was so pissed you guys got Gally, he is going to be such a sick player.

How has he been doing this year without Yakupov? Asking here because I'm sure all of you have been following, and perhaps watching him.

Also, what do you guys expect him to turn into? 70 point guy? More? Less?

Old
11-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Bud2790

Quote:
Here are Alex's 2 points tonight:

There are a few a couple other Galchenyuk videos on my channel as well, but most of you have seen those already.

If you haven't already, I would really appreciate any followers on twitter: https://twitter.com/antontibaldi

My blog just got picked up by pretty popular site and I'm pretty excited about it. Would like to put together a decent following on twitter to coincide with that. Could use this massive fan base's help.

Cheers.
DAT RELEASE

I subscribed to you on twitter and youtube. Love the Gally videos but also like seeing some of the other top prospects. Keep it up man!

Oh and I rewatched the highlight reel vs Plymouth (game was early November), no need to fap after that

Old
11-23-2012, 01:55 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Leaf Fan Here (haha yeah)

Was so pissed you guys got Gally, he is going to be such a sick player.

How has he been doing this year without Yakupov? Asking here because I'm sure all of you have been following, and perhaps watching him.

Also, what do you guys expect him to turn into? 70 point guy? More? Less?
Reilly will be a hell of a player himself but there's no contest I'd pick Galchenyuk over Reilly.

He has 14g 23a in 23 games so he's putting up the points.

A poster on here called That is one of the more qualified to attach an estimated upside on Alex.

From what I've seen I think the sky's the limit for him to be honest. If you look at some of his videos his hands are ridiculous. His shot is lethal and his passing is fantastic. Combine that with his size, speed and work ethic I think he rarely goes under 70 pts an 82 game season.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:03 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

He does look more explosive in this game just from these highlights. It's what I felt was missing from earlier in the season. That goal looked like the ones he scored in his first year. Just vicious.

I think this might be the most impressive I've seen him

Old
11-23-2012, 05:50 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Dat shot.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Reilly will be a hell of a player himself but there's no contest I'd pick Galchenyuk over Reilly.

He has 14g 23a in 23 games so he's putting up the points.

A poster on here called That is one of the more qualified to attach an estimated upside on Alex.

From what I've seen I think the sky's the limit for him to be honest. If you look at some of his videos his hands are ridiculous. His shot is lethal and his passing is fantastic. Combine that with his size, speed and work ethic I think he rarely goes under 70 pts an 82 game season.
Quite honestly, at this point I would take him over Yakupov as well. He is a winner with a great attitude whereas Yakupov has a huge ego and seems a little more selfish. I think they will both be great players but I think Yakupov will be much more high maintenance. Combine this with the fact that Galchenyuk is bigger and is a center, I believe we may have snagged the best player in the draft.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:02 AM
JHabs61

Going to Sarnia vs Kitchener tonight, so pumped to go see Gally for the first time!

Old
11-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

The impressive thing about Galchenyuk is that he doesn't just beat guys with individual skill, he uses great vision and hockey sense to break up plays and set up plays. That is a skill that is very valuable at the NHL level.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:08 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Quite honestly, at this point I would take him over Yakupov as well. He is a winner with a great attitude whereas Yakupov has a huge ego and seems a little more selfish. I think they will both be great players but I think Yakupov will be much more high maintenance. Combine this with the fact that Galchenyuk is bigger and is a center, I believe we may have snagged the best player in the draft.
From the few times I've seen Yakupov play and only seeing Galchenyuk's highlights it's probably not the best way to judge but I'd take Galchenyuk too.

Like you said, Galch's size & position really tips the scales in his favour. Alex's intangibles seem a little better too. Galch's toolbox just seems to be bigger. He can kill you in so many ways. If he's not better now I think he'll definitely have the upper hand in the long term.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:36 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The impressive thing about Galchenyuk is that he doesn't just beat guys with individual skill, he uses great vision and hockey sense to break up plays and set up plays. That is a skill that is very valuable at the NHL level.
I like the fact that he is playing a style that translates very well to the pro level. There are many junior players that rack up big points by using a bag of tricks that simply don't work in the NHL (Kadri). He was raised in a hockey family with friends such as Larionov around him. he seems to understand the game at a very advanced level for his age. At times he does tend to do too much but I think that can be partly attributed to the fact that he has such inferior linemates who don't draw any defenders away from him. The opposition's gameplan is to shut down Alex and thus far he has done a remarkable job in being productive while his linemates are riding on his shoulders. He is able to create openings for his linemates by drawing defenders to him and then breaking them down.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:48 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs61 View Post
Going to Sarnia vs Kitchener tonight, so pumped to go see Gally for the first time!
You lucky guy!

If you have the chance, please stop by to give us a quick report afterwards.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:58 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
You lucky guy!

If you have the chance, please stop by to give us a quick report afterwards.
I'll be there as well and will stop back in with a detailed report. I'm very interested in his all-around game. I also want to see what Kitchener does against him. Do they go power-on-power and put Faksa head-to-head? Because Faksa projects to be an elite two-way forward in the NHL, so this should be a good test.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:03 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I'll be there as well and will stop back in with a detailed report. I'm very interested in his all-around game. I also want to see what Kitchener does against him. Do they go power-on-power and put Faksa head-to-head? Because Faksa projects to be an elite two-way forward in the NHL, so this should be a good test.
Speaking of Faksa, I've been a little dissapointed with his point totals so far this year in Kitchener. Have you been following him at all? Is it more of a result of the whole team being dissapointing? Gibson is a beast in net, so Gally will have a very good test.

Last edited by FrankMTL: 11-23-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old
11-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Here are Alex's 2 points tonight:

There are a few a couple other Galchenyuk videos on my channel as well, but most of you have seen those already.

If you haven't already, I would really appreciate any followers on twitter: https://twitter.com/antontibaldi

My blog just got picked up by pretty popular site and I'm pretty excited about it. Would like to put together a decent following on twitter to coincide with that. Could use this massive fan base's help.

Cheers.
That goal was dirty. Sick snap shot.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:01 AM
hogtownhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
DAT RELEASE

I subscribed to you on twitter and youtube. Love the Gally videos but also like seeing some of the other top prospects. Keep it up man!

Oh and I rewatched the highlight reel vs Plymouth (game was early November), no need to fap after that
Bucs fan here. You birds are going down!!!!

But yea, Galchenyuk.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He scored on a 5-on-3 PP. He had plenty of space.
Yes...cause I was only referring to that particular shot...but for arguments sake, on this particular play, you can see how quicky he can get his shot off because he looses the puck momentarily, yet even when not in a great shooting position, he's able to laser it through the defender and past the goalie.

I can't even see the puck go in...that's an incredible show of hand speed/power.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Yes...cause I was only referring to that particular shot...but for arguments sake, on this particular play, you can see how quicky he can get his shot off because he looses the puck momentarily, yet even when not in a great shooting position, he's able to laser it through the defender and past the goalie.

I can't even see the puck go in...that's an incredible show of hand speed/power.
Yeah, my bad. Thought you were talking about the specific shot.

It was a wicked shot. I'm surprised he got it off and with such accuracy. It seemed like a desperation shot, as the puck went in with 0.5 seconds left in the period. That's a game changer, right there.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:13 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I like the fact that he is playing a style that translates very well to the pro level. There are many junior players that rack up big points by using a bag of tricks that simply don't work in the NHL (Kadri). He was raised in a hockey family with friends such as Larionov around him. he seems to understand the game at a very advanced level for his age. At times he does tend to do too much but I think that can be partly attributed to the fact that he has such inferior linemates who don't draw any defenders away from him. The opposition's gameplan is to shut down Alex and thus far he has done a remarkable job in being productive while his linemates are riding on his shoulders. He is able to create openings for his linemates by drawing defenders to him and then breaking them down.
very well said

Old
11-23-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
We saw Kovalev when he played in the NHL. Put an 18 or 19yrs old Kovalev in Galchenyuk's place (and I mean a 5 on 3 in the OHL) and he might look even more dominant.

Kovalev was really, really good at some point. I like Gally's potential and think he'll get many very productive seasons and that he will be much more consistant but I don't really think he'll have a 40+ goal or 90+ point season like Kovy did. Of course, I'll be extremely please if he proves me wrong
I don't know about future point totals for Galchenyuk...points are often circumstancial.

I was just referring to Galchenyuk's shot release...he's got a very, very heavy and accurate wrister and he doesn't need alot of time or space to get it off. As opposed to Kovalev, who at least in his later year...needed alot of time and space to use his shot, that's not a knock on Kovalev...

Old
11-23-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Kovalev had so much skill and respect in consequence, he never needed the space.
Early in his career, agreed...in the latter stages of his career, not so much.

Closed Thread