HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Biznasty Pranked at BioSteel camp (youtube)

Old
11-18-2012, 01:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceraider View Post
Bissonnette picked up 5 point (1+4) in tonights game and is currently a goal a game.
I take it that he's playing forward, then? Any PK time?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2012, 05:28 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I take it that he's playing forward, then? Any PK time?
He's played both, first couple of games he played D, then on the wing for a couple. Last nights game he started on the wing, but playing point on the powerplay, then played D in the third period when the Devils came from 3-0 down for a 4-3 OT win. They don't have icetime stats in the EIHL but he barely seemed to be off the ice in the third. Now has 13 points in 5 games.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Iceraider

He is getting PK time and PP time. As Habtacular said, he is playing wing and D but seems to be most effective on D.

While the EIHL is a beer league, he is still getting the chance to work on aspects of his game he doesn't get to in the NHL and should still be a benefit to you guys when he returns.

Iceraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:31 AM
AZPenguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
He doesn't have what it takes to play D at the NHL level which is why he decided to goon it up and play 4th line LW, but he's really much better suited to shut-down D.
The Penguins had him switch when we was playing Wilkes-Barre with the Baby Pens. From what he has said in the past it seems like he would rather play D.

AZPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:03 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPenguins View Post
From what he has said in the past it seems like he would rather play D.
That's great and all, but there are twice as many jobs in the NHL at forward as there are on D. It's a numbers game. And with the Coyotes depth at the position, he isn't going to be switched anytime soon. It would be nice if he played responsibly enough to see regular ice time, but I'm not counting on it. He's the team mascot and there purely for the room. Useless as a fighter.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
The Penguins had him switch when we was playing Wilkes-Barre with the Baby Pens. From what he has said in the past it seems like he would rather play D.
The change didn't really matter because he sucks at the NHL level anyway. The more I look at this, the more it seems he is using the NHL to become the next Hollywood Celeberty instead.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:56 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
It was actually Dan Bylsma that laid it out for him. Enjoy your career as a minor league defenseman or goon it up and get a shot at the show. Bissonnette made the commitment and led the American league in fighting majors.

He was a good stay at home defenseman until the last lock out brought changes to the game and his style of play was quickly marginalized. He wasn't the only one. Lots of rugged defensemen lost their jobs due to anti obstruction policies in the game. Guys like Hatcher, and Simpson. Nick Boynton was an All Star and quickly became a 7th D.

Bissonnette does not have a prayer as a D in the NHL. I personally think he has the ability to be an excellent 4th LW. I really do. I just don't think it will be for Dave Tippett on a team like Phoenix. We need too much out of our fourth line. In Edmonton he'd be great. In Philly he'd be great. Not here, though. Not now, anyway.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The change didn't really matter because he sucks at the NHL level anyway. The more I look at this, the more it seems he is using the NHL to become the next Hollywood Celeberty instead.
I don't know about that. I wouldnt confuse his sense of humor about his NHL status with nonchalance. I think he's extremely committed to his NHL dream, but he can only change what he can change. Joking about being a healthy scratch and a fourth line scrub doesn't make me think he doesn't care about his nhl career, it makes me think that he's self effacing, which is an endearing quality. He's not popular because he's cocky. It's quite the opposite, actually. He's popular because he takes flack as well as he dishes it out and has a sense of humor about the whole thing. Is he a meat head? Absolutely. Does he behave relatively immaturely? Sure. He's also young, rich, unattached and the proud owner of an over the top personality. I don't think that means he has ulterior motives. I think he's just having the fun he can have while it lasts, because he knows it won't last long.