HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

NHL 13 GM Connected (PS3) 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Welcome2Hell

vCash: 500
BomaLightDevils Can you play tomorrow before 1?

Old
11-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Scott04

They're delaying their series thinking I'll be rusty having so much time off before the finals. Shenanigans I say!

Old
11-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
They're delaying their series thinking I'll be rusty having so much time off before the finals. Shenanigans I say!
lol im already rusty between the time not playing and all this school work

Old
11-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
lol im already rusty between the time not playing and all this school work
then take your time

If anything, I'm better off. When I play too much in too short of a time, my game breaks down in a bad way as I fall into the trap of specific things that may have worked against a previous opponent or in recent games. When I get a break from playing NHL altogether I usually come back and do much better. So please, take as much time as you two need to play your series.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
then take your time

If anything, I'm better off. When I play too much in too short of a time, my game breaks down in a bad way as I fall into the trap of specific things that may have worked against a previous opponent or in recent games. When I get a break from playing NHL altogether I usually come back and do much better. So please, take as much time as you two need to play your series.
Im the same way when i get into a slump i just take time off and it seems to work a lot

Old
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcome2Hell View Post
BomaLightDevils Can you play tomorrow before 1?
Yes I can.. We got a deal so.. All games?

Old
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
If you guys do finish your games, let me know, and I'll advance us to the finals. Then we can hold off until after the weekend before advancing again, once the finals are played.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Scott04

And uhh.... whoever loses, feel free to give me a scouting report on the other team. I don't mind

Old
11-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomaLightDevils View Post
Yes I can.. We got a deal so.. All games?
Yup ill go on around 10 AM just in case we go 7

Old
11-20-2012, 05:46 PM
BomaLightDevils

Sounds great, roll out the guns I been waiting for 4 days now Hope it isent like Toronto from real time because then B. Burke gonna smack something to pieces after the series.

Lets do all 4 when we are at it, sorry 4-7

Old
11-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:
Sounds great, roll out the guns I been waiting for 4 days now Hope it isent like Toronto from real time because then B. Burke gonna smack something to pieces after the series.

Lets do all 4 when we are at it, sorry 4-7
Haha I'll be ready may the best Canadian team win

Old
11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
BomaLightDevils

Stanley Cup

Eastern Conference Final:

Toronto vs Ottawa 1-4

After a hard hard fight over 5 games Ottawa is in the final. But but but, I think Toronto deserve it the most, he had me lock in my own zone most of the time and only a incredible performance of C. Anderson maid sure I came thrue.
I will say this "welcome2hell56" is probably one of the best players I played against. 4-1 in games is not fair at all, it should had gone in 7. I was lucky this time, incredible games Toronto.

Really like the FairPlay when the game started over and you got another power play, you hold back your players and lad the time run, good sportsmanship

Looking forward to LA, who got the home advantage. When can you play?

To commesioner: just advanced to the final.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Scott04

Quote:

Toronto vs Ottawa 1-4

After a hard hard fight over 5 games Ottawa is in the final. But but but, I think Toronto deserve it the most, he had me lock in my own zone most of the time and only a incredible performance of C. Anderson maid sure I came thrue.
I will say this "welcome2hell56" is probably one of the best players I played against. 4-1 in games is not fair at all, it should had gone in 7. I was lucky this time, incredible games Toronto.

Really like the FairPlay when the game started over and you got another power play, you hold back your players and lad the time run, good sportsmanship

Funny thing is a lot of your post describes how I feel about my series vs. Phoenix in some ways.

I honestly didn't keep track of the standings in the East, so I don't know what your team did or what seed you are, but I'm going to assume I might have home ice. I was the 4 seed but missed the 1 seed by 1 point. So unless you were a 1 or 2 seed, odds are it starts in LA. I'm pretty flexible for when we start. If we advance to the finals today, I could theoretically start playing a couple of the games tonight. Or if you would prefer Friday or Saturday or something, let me know.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Welcome2Hell

Quote:

Toronto vs Ottawa 1-4

Thanks man your obviously a great player yourself, good luck to both of you in the finals... They should add a view mode because I would definitely watch that series

Old
11-21-2012, 03:59 PM
BomaLightDevils

I was seeded 7 almost like Devils in real life and now it is just Ottawa against LA.

I don't know what it was but I just scored on the few chances I had, I got outplayed, and out hit my players is still red and blue from all those hits. Don't know why but it seemed like he's players just hit a lot harder then mine, that was frustrating. And now on to the even bigger and even tougher LA, don't know if my team can play again after this season. Need some serious medical help to even reach 4 games. Got a couple of injuries that need time to heal.

We need to advance if we gonna play today..

Old
11-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I was seeded 7 almost like Devils in real life and now it is just Ottawa against LA.

I don't know what it was but I just scored on the few chances I had, I got outplayed, and out hit my players is still red and blue from all those hits. Don't know why but it seemed like he's players just hit a lot harder then mine, that was frustrating. And now on to the even bigger and even tougher LA, don't know if my team can play again after this season. Need some serious medical help to even reach 4 games. Got a couple of injuries that need time to heal.

We need to advance if we gonna play today..
I'm pretty patient. We don't have to play today or anything. I was just throwing it out there in case everything was advanced early enough to make it happen. I'll check back in here a few more times today (when/if I'm around) just in case it does get to that point. And if its any consolation, I'll try not to injure any of your players if you don't injure any more of mine

Old
11-22-2012, 08:41 PM
DevilzFan
PS3 GM Conn. Oilers

Send a message via AIM to DevilzFan
Sorry guys, I wasn't around at all last night.

I'm advancing it now, but we'll hold off any more advancement until you guys play the series.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzFan View Post
Sorry guys, I wasn't around at all last night.

I'm advancing it now, but we'll hold off any more advancement until you guys play the series.
Cool by me.

---

Let me know your availability over the next few days and we'll see when we can get these games in, be it all in one shot or over two different times.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:27 AM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
Cool by me.

---

Let me know your availability over the next few days and we'll see when we can get these games in, be it all in one shot or over two different times.
Don't what time I am home tonight, but lets see if we can get the games in by Saturday. You just have to remember I play from Europe so your time is 6 hours behind were I am. Like 7 pm est is 01 am in my country.
So as early as you can, or I will just have to do a late night game.
I added you on the ps3, what time can you.?

Old
11-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Don't what time I am home tonight, but lets see if we can get the games in by Saturday. You just have to remember I play from Europe so your time is 6 hours behind were I am. Like 7 pm est is 01 am in my country.
So as early as you can, or I will just have to do a late night game.
I added you on the ps3, what time can you.?
Was actually going to ask if we were working with a time zone difference. Good thing that's cleared up. I can do morning or possibly early afternoon (my time) Saturday. So if we're talking about Saturday, I could probably do something between 10 AM and 1 PM eastern time tomorrow. Possibly a little earlier as long as I know at some point today that that's the plan. Tonight (Friday) I probably won't be around and I definitely won't be around Saturday night, but that's probably not terrible for you as that would mean you would have to be up until an absurd hour anyway. Today and the early part of Saturday (again, going by my time) is when I'm likely to be around.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
BomaLightDevils

That 10 am est sounds good for me Saturday.

If something change about the time I will put up a message in here.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Scott04

Fine by me. I'll try to see if I can get on a little earlier just in case. But if not, lets go for that. I would say lets aim for 2-4 of the games at that time, but if things are going well/not taking TOO long, maybe we can finish off the entire series then. My last series had a few overtime games, so even though it was only 5 games, it felt like 7-8

Old
11-24-2012, 08:16 AM
BomaLightDevils

Hey can we do it a little later today LA..?

Old
11-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Hey can we do it a little later today LA..?
Was actually going to come on here and ask the same thing. How much later? Something came up so I need probably another 45 minutes at least. I'm probably around until 2 PM eastern time today, so if we start any time before then, I should be good. Just let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:28 AM
BomaLightDevils

Quote:
Was actually going to come on here and ask the same thing. How much later? Something came up so I need probably another 45 minutes at least. I'm probably around until 2 PM eastern time today, so if we start any time before then, I should be good. Just let me know and we'll see what we can work out.
2 options. Either we do it Sunday early 10 am or 12 pm today, that gives us room to play 3-5 games depending on how long they go.

Closed Thread