HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 07:59 PM
hardfacts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
And there it is, the standard answer:
In Junior Hockey: It's a business.
In Minor Hockey: I'm just a volunteer.

Both simple excuses for treating kids the way they do.

And what's with you guys who keep telling everyone that the posts here are all garbage and that no one should listen to any of it....yet you keep on posting and expect us to listen to you.
You should probably pony up 250 grand...so you can have your own team and have all the players do as they please...then Junior hockey in the cchl would be complete....but until then....i guess you are just a volunteer.....

Last note....could somebody volunteer some information to this guy on how this league works......

Here is some for free.....

Minor Hockey-----you pay 10k to play...and you play
Junior Hockey-----you pay nothing....so earn your play...you dont like it...play Jr B or go and PAY to play Midget then Juvenille...

Advice....dont sign with a team if the team has such a bad reputation....

Old
11-22-2012, 08:19 PM
CJHL FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
You should probably pony up 250 grand...so you can have your own team and have all the players do as they please...then Junior hockey in the cchl would be complete....but until then....i guess you are just a volunteer.....

Last note....could somebody volunteer some information to this guy on how this league works......

Junior Hockey-----you pay nothing....so earn your play...you dont like it...play Jr B or go and PAY to play Midget then Juvenille...

Here is some more advice...

Mommy and or Daddy should not stand in the lobby and complain to who ever will listen to them about how bad the Coach or GM is.

Players should not do the same in the dressing room, about Coaches/GM/ Staff/Volunteers and Teammates. In the end you will only alienate yourself from any team in this league.

JR A is a Business, and like in any business, you talk bad about your employer you won't be an employee for very long.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:20 PM
CJHL FAN

It could be a LOOONG weekend for the 73's, losing 11 - 1 tonight in Cornwall followed by a home and home against CP this weekend. Lets hope the coach doesn't leave Billy Cooper in net again for all the goals. No wonder the kid has zero confidence. After watching them last weekend I was hoping things were improving in Kemptville.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:44 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL FAN View Post
It could be a LOOONG weekend for the 73's, losing 11 - 1 tonight in Cornwall followed by a home and home against CP this weekend. Lets hope the coach doesn't leave Billy Cooper in net again for all the goals. No wonder the kid has zero confidence. After watching them last weekend I was hoping things were improving in Kemptville.
Lots of people were saying they'd be better this year

Old
11-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL FAN View Post
IMO they should be looking for another goalie...cooper should be a back up and tugnutt should be in jr.b. but i do agree no goalie should ever be left in the net like that

Old
11-23-2012, 06:21 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:

Actually, CCHL kids pay 900-1000 in league fees, not all out of town kids have their billetts paid for, some do, that ranges 4-600 a month.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:25 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Actually, CCHL kids pay 900-1000 in league fees, not all out of town kids have their billetts paid for, some do, that ranges 4-600 a month.
Im sure some of them do....but $900 is a small price to pay to the league rather than 10K to play midget.....

Maybe the players should pay the 10k to play jr a...then they have a right to complain about ice.

Im sure owner operators like...kemptville...pembroke...brocville...cp...co rnwall....would gladly take 10k from any player to play jr a....

Old
11-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
There are very few players that have thier billet fees paid in the league, almost all pay thier own, the highest I have heard for billet fees is $400.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Im sure some of them do....but $900 is a small price to pay to the league rather than 10K to play midget.....

Maybe the players should pay the 10k to play jr a...then they have a right to complain about ice.

Im sure owner operators like...kemptville...pembroke...brocville...cp...co rnwall....would gladly take 10k from any player to play jr a....
Not a single owner would be losing money if that was the case

Old
11-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

Expect it to change moving forward, from what I hear the talk at owners meetings is that the fees charged players will increase to help offset costs to be more like most US leagues, leagues like EJHL charge around $5,000 per player, both the OJHL and CCHL are expected to follow similiar fees structures.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:03 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:

$10 k is a bit of a stretch. Last year, Midget cost $2500 with Titans. Even factoring in hotels and travel for tournaments, your a long way from 10 grand.

Who was complaining about ice? The Seatter issue had nothing to do with ice. It was about treatment and respect.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:26 AM
valleydude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
$10 k is a bit of a stretch. Last year, Midget cost $2500 with Titans. Even factoring in hotels and travel for tournaments, your a long way from 10 grand.

Who was complaining about ice? The Seatter issue had nothing to do with ice. It was about treatment and respect.
Minor Midget is your most expensive year in AAA...but still not $10K...maybe $6. Major midget was cheaper. Less fees, less tourneys, less travel (less ice).

I don't expect owners to lose money, I know one and I know what they are in for. Its not easy financially and I respect they do it for the kids. But some owners don't seem to respect the kids, and to be fair they are only kids, at best some are young men.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Jeff077

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
I highly doubt its Kujava as he was brought in from Green Bay, Wisconsin and apparently a ton of money was paid to his former team in a pdf. They wouldnt give up on him that quickly. Laforest is only 17 and will be headed back to the jungle is my guess.
Kujava was dealt to Green Bay yesterday.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:04 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
Kujava was dealt to Green Bay yesterday.
And it's the USHL. Apparently the rink is only 10 minutes from home. Best of luck to Tony.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:23 AM
CJHL FAN

Quote:
And it's the USHL. Apparently the rink is only 10 minutes from home. Best of luck to Tony.
Are you sure about that??? Did he not come from Janesville Jets??? Also in Wisconsin. Close to home. NAHL is a far cry from the USHL.

But best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

I stand corrected he has been traded to Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL as per Canadians Tweet.

Last edited by CJHL FAN: 11-23-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: correction
Old
11-23-2012, 10:27 AM
BackBringCam

Quote:

I realize 900 is less than 10 000, merely pointing out it is not "you pay nothing" which is what was in your earlier post, and not some of them, all of them pay it.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Quo

To address an earlier remark here, Mitch Zion is not overrated. Since he's come to Cornwall he's been one of coach Mac's go to players in all phases of the game (ES, PP, PK) for every game he's been in. Dude is super quick and great at controlling the puck. Very focused, very mature, has been quietly leading by example. That's one thing that Cornwall has been lacking a bit from the kids wearing the letters this year. Mitch has been nothing but a plus for this program so far.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:47 AM
hardfacts

Quote:

Dont players have to earn respect?.....as for treatment you must have inside knowledge that nobody knows about....so can answer for that....but we all know JC runs a tight ship...

Old
11-23-2012, 11:54 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Minor Midget is your most expensive year in AAA...but still not $10K...maybe $6. Major midget was cheaper. Less fees, less tourneys, less travel (less ice).

I don't expect owners to lose money, I know one and I know what they are in for. Its not easy financially and I respect they do it for the kids. But some owners don't seem to respect the kids, and to be fair they are only kids, at best some are young men.
Just an FYI.....I had two kids play for titans....they are both much older know...i dont want to date my age...lol....but 20 yrs ago it cost me $5k for each of my boys to play....this included fees...gas...equipment...hotels....all the bells and whistles....so i highley doubt it cosy $6k to play this year...with sticks being $300 a piece....i paid $20 for a sherwood 5030 for my kids....

All in all...nobdoy knows how hard it is to run a team and be responsible for 25 kids for 8 months....unless your an owner....and with reading these posts...nobody here is an owner....so no comments about if its a buiness or not and poor kids....unless you have put up 250k of your own money to have kids move on and you lose money.....

Old
11-23-2012, 12:08 PM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Just an FYI.....I had two kids play for titans....they are both much older know...i dont want to date my age...lol....but 20 yrs ago it cost me $5k for each of my boys to play....this included fees...gas...equipment...hotels....all the bells and whistles....so i highley doubt it cosy $6k to play this year...with sticks being $300 a piece....i paid $20 for a sherwood 5030 for my kids....

All in all...nobdoy knows how hard it is to run a team and be responsible for 25 kids for 8 months....unless your an owner....and with reading these posts...nobody here is an owner....so no comments about if its a buiness or not and poor kids....unless you have put up 250k of your own money to have kids move on and you lose money.....
True, since EddyShack has been absent or banned, I am sure you are correct with this point

Old
11-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Off the Boards

Cornwall 11 Kemptville 1 , not a very good game.

Michael Pontarelli (1st *) and Jake Martin (2nd *) each had a hat trick. Marly Quince was named 3rd star. My unsung player of the game goes to Pierre Ouellete.

A couple of fights including one beween Colt's Kevin Sarazin (D - 6'1 175 '95) and Matt Shakell (F - 5'9 190 '95) an even up affair. The other tilt happened with 1 second left in the 3rd when Codey Hendsbee (6'1 189 '94) jumped the Colts Trent Durocher (6'5 210 '93) and got solidly pounded by the big Colt player.

I felt bad for Billy Cooper being left in for 11 goals against. Pat Malloy should have pulled him after the second period, he was very shaky in 1st & 2nd. The 73's did not look prepared for the game, there did not seem like there was a plan for the specialty teams (hence last in leaghue in both catagories) the only thing I saw was Blaine Byron (5'11 163 '95) skate with puck on the outside perimeter in the offensive zone. I do believe he (Blaine) will be dealt because he is going to play at UMaine next year. I would love to Jesse Lussier in a Colt's uniform (alot of teams would like to get him).

I am the one who thinks Mitch Zion is overated, he got 1 point last night playing on a top line. I will say that he skates fast but nothing as a result. He played the point on the powerplay but did not look good there. It was different IM had 4 forwards and a "d" on the #1 powerplay and 2 forwards and 3 defensemen on the 2nd unit.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Off the Boards

Around the corridor in the Ed Lumley arena the debate about Stephen Johnson (D - 5'11 202 '93) is he overated and why is he captain? The fan base has not been pleased by him recently. The talk is he is not a top 1-2 defenseman. I think he is a ok - good, yes he makes mistakes but seems to be on + side of the scoresheet more often than not. He carries the puck alot and makes things happen but he does get caught often with intercepts.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Dont players have to earn respect?.....as for treatment you must have inside knowledge that nobody knows about....so can answer for that....but we all know JC runs a tight ship...
Agreed, someone with lack of experience in the league like Seatter should not be complaining. There are tons of young kids that suffer through a year or two before they get there chance

Old
11-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
Cornwall 11 Kemptville 1 , not a very good game.

Michael Pontarelli (1st *) and Jake Martin (2nd *) each had a hat trick. Marly Quince was named 3rd star. My unsung player of the game goes to Pierre Ouellete.

A couple of fights including one beween Colt's Kevin Sarazin (D - 6'1 175 '95) and Matt Shakell (F - 5'9 190 '95) an even up affair. The other tilt happened with 1 second left in the 3rd when Codey Hendsbee (6'1 189 '94) jumped the Colts Trent Durocher (6'5 210 '93) and got solidly pounded by the big Colt player.

I felt bad for Billy Cooper being left in for 11 goals against. Pat Malloy should have pulled him after the second period, he was very shaky in 1st & 2nd. The 73's did not look prepared for the game, there did not seem like there was a plan for the specialty teams (hence last in leaghue in both catagories) the only thing I saw was Blaine Byron (5'11 163 '95) skate with puck on the outside perimeter in the offensive zone. I do believe he (Blaine) will be dealt because he is going to play at UMaine next year. I would love to Jesse Lussier in a Colt's uniform (alot of teams would like to get him).

I am the one who thinks Mitch Zion is overated, he got 1 point last night playing on a top line. I will say that he skates fast but nothing as a result. He played the point on the powerplay but did not look good there. It was different IM had 4 forwards and a "d" on the #1 powerplay and 2 forwards and 3 defensemen on the 2nd unit.

I completely agree with you on zion

Old
11-23-2012, 01:28 PM
CJHL FAN

JC keeps working to improve his team. Just traded for Garrett Moore RW from Bay Street of the EJHL.

Also announcing Kelly Summers 96 has committed to Clarkson.

Congratulations to Kelly and JC .

Closed Thread