HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NFL Thread VII: Cue the Mid-Season Slide

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 10:25 PM
30theking

vCash: 500
that turducken they showed looked good. i wonder what duck tastes like.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
RG III will be Vick'd in a few years. He takes way, way too many hits and already has had injury problems.
RGIII is far superior to Vick in just about every way imaginable. If they keep him in a West coast offense and run frequently, it will be better for him than Vick on a crappy team with a crappy O-line trying to run deep routes down the field every down.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:42 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
RGIII is far superior to Vick in just about every way imaginable. If they keep him in a West coast offense and run frequently, it will be better for him than Vick on a crappy team with a crappy O-line trying to run deep routes down the field every down.
RGIII already suffered a concussion this season, and he's been getting drilled in a lot of games; not sacked, ****ing buried!

That's the problem with mobile QBs: they just invite those big hits.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

David Carr got sacked too many times too. You need a good Offensive line to fix that.

I'm not saying the guy will have a 15 year career but he ain't Vick. He is more willing to learn and do things the way the coach wants.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:44 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

RG3 blows Vick out of the water when it comes to actually being a good NFL QB. His play this game where he had pressure, rolled out to the right, and found a guy on the sideline (who went out of bounds, but it was still a good read by RG3) was awesome.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:48 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
David Carr got sacked too many times too. You need a good Offensive line to fix that.

I'm not saying the guy will have a 15 year career but he ain't Vick. He is more willing to learn and do things the way the coach wants.
I'm not saying RGIII doesn't possess a wider array arsenal than Vick, but the fact is he's still a mobile QB; a good or bad OL won't change the fact that defenders are going to go for the hits up high.

Rodgers is another one who has had his bell rung more than once, and he's more of a pass-happy QB.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Why are some of you comparing Vick to RG III? That wasn't my point. My point is RG III is going to face similar injuries.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Week 12 and I still don't get the Tebow thing

Why did they trade for him to sit him behind an even worse QB? Give the kid a chance at least, he couldn't possibly be any worse than this joker they have in there now if he tried. I'm not even listening to the excuses anymore, Sanchez is just a new kind of awful and clearly not an NFL starter. Maybe Tebow isn't either but if you're not gonna make the switch it just baffles me as to why you even make the trade.

And the field goal down 35-0? Insulting.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Tebow had broken ribs. Most likely why he didn't play.

11-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

But he never plays

Old
11-23-2012, 05:53 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

RG3 is more like Steve Young or Randall Cunningham. Vick is arguably the dumbest QB to play in recent memory. RG3 is highly cerebral.

All QB's are threatened by head injuries. Aikman and Young had HOF careers with dozens of concussions.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:05 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Was forced by relatives to break my Jets moratorium. Watched just enough to see Sanchez run into Moore's ass and fumble. If that doesn't sum up how pathetic this franchise has become...

I'm done with them. I never thought I'd give up on one of my teams, but here I am. This is more embarrassing than Kotite.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:23 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Having Andre and Calvin Johnson on my fantasy team has been such a treat. Thank you, 10 team leagues

Old
11-23-2012, 10:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Why are some of you comparing Vick to RG III? That wasn't my point. My point is RG III is going to face similar injuries.
Because Vick is the golden example of mobile QB who gets injured- I think RG3 is much smarter than Vick in that regard and while he'll get hit more than the average QB I don't think he's going to be ripped apart.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:01 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Because Vick is the golden example of mobile QB who gets injured- I think RG3 is much smarter than Vick in that regard and while he'll get hit more than the average QB I don't think he's going to be ripped apart.
When you're a mobile QB, you put yourself in position to take hits and harder hits than conventional QBs. Vick seemed to excel at putting himself in those situations. RG3 might be smarter than Vick but its more than IQ, it's still putting yourself in spots to ltake big hits. And RG3 already has.

11-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Since when? Have you even watched him play in the NFL? He is taking HUGE hits every game and has already had injury problems in his rookie year. I am not the only one worried about his health -- it's been a big topic ever since he already got his first concussion.

He's a little guy. Very slight. He's going to have to stop running so much if he wants a long career.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:00 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

From what I've seen, the only BIG hit he's taken is the one that's given him a concussion. Every thing else I've seen hasn't been out of the ordinary. In fact, the biggest hit he took last night was when he was throwing the ball. I just don't see him becoming a poster boy for injuries. I just personally think its being overstated- Vick gets blown up because he never learns, I think RG3 will (and has already begun to) learn how to minimize situations where he'll get blown up while still utilizing his unique skill set.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
From what I've seen, the only BIG hit he's taken is the one that's given him a concussion. Every thing else I've seen hasn't been out of the ordinary. In fact, the biggest hit he took last night was when he was throwing the ball. I just don't see him becoming a poster boy for injuries.
I live in VA. I have seen every single game of his. He is getting smoked game in, game out. Most Skins fans down here are already worrying about him. Once he hits Vick's age, he will have seen his play decline even more than Vick (since Vick had some time off from the league's grind) unless the team reigns his game in a bit and forces him to stop running so often.

Old
11-23-2012, 01:05 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Well I haven't seen every game, but the 5 or so I have I haven't seen anything too serious. I'll take your word for it if you're watching every game. I wouldn't listen to the media though, considering how sensationalistic they can be.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:48 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Since when? Have you even watched him play in the NFL? He is taking HUGE hits every game and has already had injury problems in his rookie year. I am not the only one worried about his health -- it's been a big topic ever since he already got his first concussion.

He's a little guy. Very slight. He's going to have to stop running so much if he wants a long career.
He isn't as brittle as Vick: Vick also has had rib, arm, wrist problems to go along with his concussions. But...

Quote:
I live in VA. I have seen every single game of his. He is getting smoked game in, game out. Most Skins fans down here are already worrying about him. Once he hits Vick's age, he will have seen his play decline even more than Vick (since Vick had some time off from the league's grind) unless the team reigns his game in a bit and forces him to stop running so often.
I've seen some highlights, some Redskins games and this is true. He gets hammered, both when still in the pocket and when he's running with the ball. You could maybe rectify the former but you're still left with the latter. And there have been games where RGIII has been clutching his sides or arm.

Quote:
Well I haven't seen every game, but the 5 or so I have I haven't seen anything too serious. I'll take your word for it if you're watching every game. I wouldn't listen to the media though, considering how sensationalistic they can be.
Of course. A few weeks ago, they said the Redskins are officially out of it. Last week, the Cowboys were going to be a thorn in the side of the Giants and they'll probably be in prime position to take over the division.

Today?

The Cowboys are in a tailspin and the Giants have to watch-out for the Redskins.

Old
11-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Why do people compare Vick to RGIII in all facets? Vick never could pass ball well unlike RGIII and Vick is smaller in stature/build

The reality is RGIII is more Randal Cunningham and you just have to look at the abuse Cunningham took and the struggles thru 2nd half of his career to stay healthy for what could become of RGIII.

Steve Young also used to take too many hits but adjusted his game and avoided the punishment

RGIII needs to follow the Young path ,, Not Cunningham path

Old
11-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Steve Young had like 8 concussions (recorded). Why would anyone want RG III to go that route? He's lucky he has all his mental faculties.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:58 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Going to be a tough game tonight. Rodgers is going to be working that three step drop to perfection. Not enough time for the d-line to get to him, just the perfect amount of time to pick apart the LBers.

I think the Giants are going to need at least 28 points to win this game tonight. I hope I'm wrong though.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Run a 3 safety set with Rolle, Brown, and Phillips. Our inverted nickel set.

Tell the D line to get their hands up early and often.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:53 PM
30theking

i think the colts and bengals are gonna grab the two afc wild card spots. pittsburgh just not looking very good without big ben.

Closed Thread