HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 02:29 PM
hawxfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL FAN View Post
Are you sure about that??? Did he not come from Janesville Jets??? Also in Wisconsin. Close to home. NAHL is a far cry from the USHL.

But best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

I stand corrected he has been traded to Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL as per Canadians Tweet.
I could be wrong but did'nt I believe JC was quoted as saying "Kujava will be a superstar in this league". Either the goalie coach or some scout sold him a bill of goods that did'nt work. This league brings in goalies from all over the place constantly and pay the big pdfs and too many times don't get their moneys worth. A lot of local goalies pay the price for that unfortunately. Apparently a pile of money was spent on Kujava, and that comes from a pretty reliable source. Now they've got a 17 year old who does'nt have much experience and Charlie Finss back-up who played five games for Kingston against the ugly teams this year. Wow....

Old
11-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Ottawa Guy

I was speaking to a 73's player today, apparently the team has been devastated by the flu this week, missing 7 or 8 guys at each practice. Pretty much every player has had it this week, 5 guys at home sick last night and most of those that did play were feeling pretty rough. Apparently the reason Cooper stayed in for the whole game was that Tugnutt was one of the players still feeling pretty rough.

Old
11-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
JC keeps working to improve his team. Just traded for Garrett Moore RW from Bay Street of the EJHL.

Also announcing Kelly Summers 96 has committed to Clarkson.

Congratulations to Kelly and JC .
Looks like a couple of early commits by Clarkson taking 2 16 year old defense in Garvey and Summers. Congrats to them both.

Old
11-23-2012, 05:32 PM
beantownboys

Talks of Conner Currie (Summerside Western Capitals) returning to the CCHL to play for Cumberland. Adds some skill to their lineup, wouldn't be surprised if Grads dished out some $$$ for him to return.

Old
11-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownboys View Post
Talks of Conner Currie (Summerside Western Capitals) returning to the CCHL to play for Cumberland. Adds some skill to their lineup, wouldn't be surprised if Grads dished out some $$$ for him to return.
It would make more sense for them to spend money on a top 4 dman so they would have one

They already have pretty good forwards

Old
11-23-2012, 08:22 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawxfan View Post
I could be wrong but did'nt I believe JC was quoted as saying "Kujava will be a superstar in this league". Either the goalie coach or some scout sold him a bill of goods that did'nt work. This league brings in goalies from all over the place constantly and pay the big pdfs and too many times don't get their moneys worth. A lot of local goalies pay the price for that unfortunately. Apparently a pile of money was spent on Kujava, and that comes from a pretty reliable source. Now they've got a 17 year old who does'nt have much experience and Charlie Finss back-up who played five games for Kingston against the ugly teams this year. Wow....
What do you mean wow? Pembroke's goaltending is the same age as CP's but with much less junior experience. However, nobody here seems to be too worried about them. With CP having the top D in the league (arguably) I think the goaltending will be fine. Lack of playoff experience might hurt them though.

As for Kujava, he WAS a superstar in the NAHL. Unfortunately, the NAHL isn't the CCHL. JC probably should have given him a bit more time to settle in.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 11-23-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 09:53 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
Minor Midget is your most expensive year in AAA...but still not $10K...maybe $6. Major midget was cheaper. Less fees, less tourneys, less travel (less ice).

I don't expect owners to lose money, I know one and I know what they are in for. Its not easy financially and I respect they do it for the kids. But some owners don't seem to respect the kids, and to be fair they are only kids, at best some are young men.
2009-2010, My son played Major Midget AAA, I decided to keep a journal of all costs directly related to his Hockey. Sept. 1st- until April 1st. 7 months (they went to provincials). It was almost, $7,000.00 Exactly, $1,000.oo per month. This included try-outs, 3rd jersey(don,t ask), track suit, team fees, league fees, sticks, some equipment, tape, sharpenings, gas, hotels some expensive meals etc.
Remember Minor midget is a little more expensive and I,m not a big spender.
I spent at least $1500.00 in the five months of off season on summer hockey, conditioning camp a stick, etc. So if you use a 12 month period, $8,500.00 is average or low end for Minor Midget, 2 years ago.
Just the facts Jack.
I understand the rural teams are a little cheaper, but I imagine they spend more on gas.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
overtheboards

when will the gongshow in kville come to an end ?

Old
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
when will the gongshow in kville come to an end ?
What coach will go first...Grads or 73s?

Old
11-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Ottawa Guy

Cut down date is Dec 1, lots of changes to happen this week, teams need to be down to 25 cards, used and unused, most go to rosters of 22 or 23

Old
11-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Hacker10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
I heard Kanata might be on the move after this season to Arnprior. Don't know how true that is, but heard it from a pretty good source.
If true, I wonder where that would leave the Packers.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:54 AM
grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
It would make more sense for them to spend money on a top 4 dman so they would have one

They already have pretty good forwards
yes it would make sense, but look at the coach. They had a good 20 year old D but let him go. Nepean picked him up he would be in there Top 4 but he blew out his knee.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker10 View Post
If true, I wonder where that would leave the Packers.
They might stay...brockville has 2 teams

Old
11-26-2012, 03:39 PM
CJHL FAN

Impressive feat last night in Kemptville. Stephen Baylis scores a hat trick ALL short handed.

As stated last week it was a long weekend for Kemptville. I did not see Fridays game but I unfortunately went to Sunday nights game. I saw both NCAA scouts leave early in the third shaking their heads along with Smith Falls and Gloucester GM's. Fans were also filing out as early as the beginning of the second period.

Whats next for the 73's? At this rate there won't be any fans in the stands.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
MacM

Any thoughts on selections for the All-Star Challenge? Roster announcements are just a few days away...

Old
11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
upinarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Any thoughts on selections for the All-Star Challenge? Roster announcements are just a few days away...
If I remember correctly from last season I think there is many criteria for selections. If you have a scolly, if you are on NHL watch list, if OHl guys wany you there. I don't think coaches have alot of selections. Speaking of coaches, who are they.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:15 AM
toughguy73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Hard to say, there is alot of talent on the same level this year. No real blow aways as in past years with the Spinks etc.
What are your goalie thoughts? For one; Jenkins and Guerriero. For the other; Millen and Zawadski.

There is also the Prospects game as well.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:31 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy73 View Post
Hard to say, there is alot of talent on the same level this year. No real blow aways as in past years with the Spinks etc.
What are your goalie thoughts? For one; Jenkins and Guerriero. For the other; Millen and Zawadski.

There is also the Prospects game as well.
I agree with Millen, Zawadski and Guerriero. But Jenkins??? My other choice from the Robinson would be Patrick Martin.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I agree with Millen, Zawadski and Guerriero. But Jenkins??? My other choice from the Robinson would be Patrick Martin.
Martin and Guerriero - easily tops in the Robinson.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:17 AM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Agree.
Millen has been a surprise to me. I admit being a doubter at the start of the season. He has played well.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Grabbers

Hot Lines and Christmas in Wellington

Quote:
Impressive feat last night in Kemptville. Stephen Baylis scores a hat trick ALL short handed.

As stated last week it was a long weekend for Kemptville. I did not see Fridays game but I unfortunately went to Sunday nights game. I saw both NCAA scouts leave early in the third shaking their heads along with Smith Falls and Gloucester GM's. Fans were also filing out as early as the beginning of the second period.

Whats next for the 73's? At this rate there won't be any fans in the stands.

A review of the past week notes the line of Baylis with the Edwards Brothers produced over 21 points. L. Edwards had game winning goals in all three of CP's matches this week (as per Pointstreak). Toss in fights for Baylis and B. Edwards and nine scoring points in nine minutes in the third period versus Cumberland I think you might have the hottest line in the league. Although I like the pariing of Pontarelli and Quince for pure offence as well (not to mention they are also on a huge role!!).

On another note - I'm sure the Robinson Division could use these five above along with Maniccia, Crete, McClaren, Blasko, Ammirato, Byron, Bussey/Ferreiro in Wellington after Christmas!

Goalies for Robinson quite easy for me - - Martin and Guerriero.

D could have a distinct CP flavour so Baylis and/or even Dufour likely don't make the group upfront for the Challenge. For sure Anderson, Lussier, and Akeson make it hands down on on the backend. They are tops over there in the Robinson from what I have seen. Ghantous is likely the next with perhaps Smith or Summers (Prospect game?) as well from CP. Wouldn't mind seeing Sexton or Zach Todd get a chance either!

Injuries to Bounincontri and Weidauer factor in as well. We'll see where the coaches from SF and Cornwall land (not sure what role they have in final selections but sure they have a say at least).

Yzerman Division will have tougher decisions in this regard - the talent is spread more evenly across various teams to consider I think - - and some under performers as well.

Upstart Ottawa is very solid throughout. Givens for the Yzerman division include Hedges (my personal fav), Neil, Norris (see the trend -yes I'm a Raider fan) along with Plouffe, Boiven, Robillard, Dalpe, and Petrie. Other possibles include Clitsome, Rosebrook, Walsh and Audi. Hrehoriak, Hodgson, Rodier, and Witzel for sure should get consideration.

The back-end for the Yzerman will include Watson, Harper, Drouin, Llorca, with perhaps Wethner and then Debrincat. Goalies should be big Z (Zawadski) and Millen.

My thoughts....others are welcome as always!

Go RADIERS Go!

Old
11-27-2012, 10:44 AM
upinarms

Here goes:

crete, maniccia, ferriera, byron, bussey, bayliss, blasko, antonelli, quince, roll, mclaren, pontarelli

johnson, akeson, lussier, sexton, weidauer, todd

guerriero, martin

neil, hedges, robillard, rosebrook, plouffe, collins, dalpe, boivin, martin, rodier, norris, clitsome

watson, debincrat, harper, basylik, werthner, drouin

zawadski, lane

summers will be in Prospects game

Old
11-27-2012, 11:02 AM
voiceofytown

Brock Crossthwaite traded to Yarmouth Mariners of MHL.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:03 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Here goes:

crete, maniccia, ferriera, byron, bussey, bayliss, blasko, antonelli, quince, roll, mclaren, pontarelli

guerriero, martin

neil, hedges, robillard, rosebrook, plouffe, collins, dalpe, boivin, martin, rodier, norris, clitsome

zawadski, lane

You lost me at Debrincat and Basylik

Old
11-27-2012, 11:08 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Here goes:

guerriero, martin

zawadski, lane

I cant see Baslyk at all..Llorca maybe and sub petrie or walsh in for martin possibly

Closed Thread