HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Players Traded Because Of Lockout (Read OP)

Old
11-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Sergei Berezin

vCash: 500
Players Traded Because Of Lockout (Read OP)

Who are some players that will be traded once the CBA is finalized directly because of lockout related incidents?

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Another example is players who don't want to play under owner Jeremy Jacobs in Boston (idea brought up by Andy Strickland)

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:44 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Any idea brought up by Strickland, shouldn't have any significance in it.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:47 PM
capitalsrock

Wait...why Troy Brouwer? Because of his contract or what happened?

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:48 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Who are some players that will be traded once the CBA is finalized directly because of lockout related incidents?

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Another example is players who don't want to play under owner Jeremy Jacobs in Boston (idea brought up by Andy Strickland)
I doubt Brouwer goes anywhere. Hamrlik and Neuvirth will be gone before Brouwer.

As much flak as Jeremy Jacobs for being a tightwad, players seem to enjoy being and playing in Boston. For that reason, I doubt anyone asks out there.

What I think you're going to see though is the amnesty clause brought back in and I think you're going to see A LOT of buyouts before any trades.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:49 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Krys Barch

Lou hates twitter for a reason.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Krys Barch

Lou hates twitter for a reason.
No one will trade for him, he will be released

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:56 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
No one will trade for him, he will be released
I'm operating under the naive outlook that someone will cough up something for him- like Feaster handing over a 5th for PL3.

Doubt we get that lucky again (hence the fingers crossed)... but I'll keep hoping.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:06 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Any idea brought up by Strickland, shouldn't have any significance in it.
To expand further, anyone under Eklund's network of bloggers has no real significance.

The guy had Howard Berger on his site and that says it all...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I doubt Brouwer goes anywhere. Hamrlik and Neuvirth will be gone before Brouwer.

As much flak as Jeremy Jacobs for being a tightwad, players seem to enjoy being and playing in Boston. For that reason, I doubt anyone asks out there.

What I think you're going to see though is the amnesty clause brought back in and I think you're going to see A LOT of buyouts before any trades.
I find it funny. A guy like Hammer who has been through this before is being grilled by a kid who was drafted during the last lockout. But yeah if this leads to hammer being traded I say send him to Detroit they will be happy for the defensive help for a year or so.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:09 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I find it funny. A guy like Hammer who has been through this before is being grilled by a kid who was drafted during the last lockout. But yeah if this leads to hammer being traded I say send him to Detroit they will be happy for the defensive help for a year or so.
Yeah him and Ian White would be great on the same pairing.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:21 PM
skywarp75

Quote:

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

Brouwer pretty much said that he cant separate his personal FEELINGS over union issues O THE ICE for the JOB he is payed millions for. Why would anyone ever trust him to play for them ever again. Is he really such a good player that any team needs him with his selfish bad attitude?

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Paralyzer008

Wouldn't be surprised if Daryl Katz wasn't too impressed with Devan Dubnyk being one of the more outspoken Oilers who went to the labour board. But, then again, no one ever knows what's inside Katz's brain

Paralyzer008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Maize and Blue

I expect no repercussions in Detroit of any kind. #1 For better or worst Detroit is a union city & he has learned over the years how work with that. #2 I don't think he is all that interested in revenue sharing. Why would any successful franchise want to have to keep a dead fish swimming? #3 I don't think from some of his championship speeches he cares for bettmans NBA style "Players" League model over great storied franchises model. #4 He has NEVER cared what the price is to build a winner! If he can't spend it on the best players, he'll spend it on the best Gm's Asst.Gm's Coaches and scouts or lawyers to find away to circumvent the cba. Remember Detroit was one of the first teams to write back diving contracts!

Maize and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
bb_fan

Quote:

Points for most idiotic post of the lockout?

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:31 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

I wonder why Boston is one of the most desireable places to be traded to according to that anonymous player poll that was going around. I think they were the 2nd most desireable place to get traded to and that was in 2011 before they won the Cup.

Every player Boston has right now seems to like playing there.

I have a theory why it is like this, I think Jacobs may be fighting for the owners in this lockout, but when players have to deal with him or the Bruins staff on a personal level, it is probably a great situation. So when there is a salary cap and things are the way Jacobs wants them, there probably aren't many owners who are going to treat their players any better ie, there is a salary cap so the GM can only spend that amount and there is no need in Jacob's mind to stick his nose into team business because he already took care of how much could be spent.

So players may get mad at Jacob's for being the chairman of the owners board, but when it comes down to being a good place to play that treats their players well, Boston is right there at the top of the league and I don't see players holding a grudge just like I don't see owners holding a grudge about some of the dumb things a few players have said.

They all know this is an emotional time for a lot of players and owners and when the deal gets done, I have a feeling that all will be forgiven, until next time that is

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Luongo will be traded but the only reason we'd have to is due to cap reasons, if it is drastically altered. Otherwise, the Canucks have no worries.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Like others have stated, Barch...doubt he gets dealt but I don't expect him to make the roster.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:44 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize and Blue View Post
I expect no repercussions in Detroit of any kind. #1 For better or worst Detroit is a union city & he has learned over the years how work with that. #2 I don't think he is all that interested in revenue sharing. Why would any successful franchise want to have to keep a dead fish swimming? #3 I don't think from some of his championship speeches he cares for bettmans NBA style "Players" League model over great storied franchises model. #4 He has NEVER cared what the price is to build a winner! If he can't spend it on the best players, he'll spend it on the best Gm's Asst.Gm's Coaches and scouts or lawyers to find away to circumvent the cba. Remember Detroit was one of the first teams to write back diving contracts!
New to hockey?

I find it funny that a fan of Detroit would say "Why would a successful franchise want to help teams that are dead fish swimming?".

Don't remember Detroit history do you?

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 07:36 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if Daryl Katz wasn't too impressed with Devan Dubnyk being one of the more outspoken Oilers who went to the labour board. But, then again, no one ever knows what's inside Katz's brain
Especially after the generous contract they gave him.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 50
Winnipeg will gladly take Brouwer. We're slowly acquiring all the old cup winning (B-Grade) Blackhawks.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:41 AM
rypper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Luongo will be traded but the only reason we'd have to is due to cap reasons, if it is drastically altered. Otherwise, the Canucks have no worries.
good job reading the op lol.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:29 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:

I.e. Troy Brouwer.

I think the title should be "Players WHO COULD Be traded after the lockout"

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Maize and Blue

IdealisticSniper. I was there in the 80's when the only people went to the Wings games was to get a chance to win a free car between the 2nd & 3rd period. They did suck!!! But... Their turn around was totally done by Mike Ilitch's hard work and hiring the right people to restore the franchise to former glory with his own money. No hand outs from revenue sharing was used! If your owner group or your fan base can not support a team then fold or relocate!

Maize and Blue is offline   Reply With Quote