HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators Playing Elsewhere During The Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
sg58

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
They're not only letting a 19 year old Dman shoot in the shootout but they let him go twice?

And by the way, thanks Kentti!
He's had a couple of shootout winners this year, and Kopitar had left the game. But yeah, he's their Kris Letang or whatever.

Old
11-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
He's had a couple of shootout winners this year, and Kopitar had left the game. But yeah, he's their Kris Letang or whatever.
He must be just like David Roondblad!

Old
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
why isn't eliteprospects updating then?

Old
11-23-2012, 05:48 PM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
why isn't eliteprospects updating then?
They're manually updated, I think, so maybe they just haven't gotten around it, yet. They're usually pretty fast.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:05 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Alfredsson View Post
Fastest? C'mon now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Erik isnt the fastest, but he is definentely in the top 3 in the world in agility / quickness imo...
I haven't seen a player who can get away from him in a foot race and I've seen him explode away from players so ya.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Poolshark

Jason Spezza today with one assist, the obligatory one point per game
Thought maybe he's not that concentrated today, cause there were lots of rumours this week, after the interview with le droit, bout returning home soon, also if lockout won't be over.
But he played it very professional, although he had to answer a few questions by the press and although the fanbase was a little nervous about these things. The fans here like how he plays, and although everyone knows that it isn't a long time engagement, they feel that he is now a part of the team and belongs at least a little to "us", so it would be hard if he would leave almost without a cause .
Statistics: http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...20131105071140
Highlights: http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=135194

Last edited by Poolshark: 11-23-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 06:59 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I haven't seen a player who can get away from him in a foot race and I've seen him explode away from players so ya.
He probably has one of the fastest acceleration but top end speed I don't think so

Old
11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolshark View Post
Jason Spezza today with one assist, the obligatory one point per game
Thought maybe he's not that concentrated today, cause there were lots of rumours this week, after the interview with le droit, bout returning home soon, also if lockout won't be over.
But he played it very professional, although he had to answer a few questions by the press and although the fanbase was a little nervous about these things. The fans here like how he plays, and although everyone knows that it isn't a long time engagement, they feel that he is now a part of the team and belongs to "us", so it would be hard if he would leave almost without a cause .
Statistics: http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...20131105071140
Highlights: http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...sset_id=135194
Thanks for the update! Appreciate it.

Is he playing on a game by game basis and getting paid so? And if so how much is his salary?

Old
11-23-2012, 07:23 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
He probably has one of the fastest acceleration but top end speed I don't think so
He's not even the faster player on his own team .
It will be close between Greening and Karlsson on who gets the better lap. The only skating competition I've seen from Karlsson is when he easily beat out Hossa.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Poolshark

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Appreciate it.

Is he playing on a game by game basis and getting paid so? And if so how much is his salary?
The Club responsable said that he has a contract until the end of the lockout or until end of January. Spezza said in the interview that he might return home after the Spengler cup (after new Year) and so his time in Rapperswil-Jona would be over with christmas, its a little bit unclear what's the fact right now, but it's sure not game by game. Also its unclear if it all was correctly understood by the media.
His salary is ....zero....The organisations pays his insurance fees, that sounds not that nice i know, but you have to know that the Budget for the whole team is only about 10-12 Mio Swiss Francs and before Jason signed here, we had already our team for this season, the organisation couldn't afford to spend lot of money into a new player.
Beside the insurance fees he's living for almost free, appartment, food and car is payed

Last edited by Poolshark: 11-23-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 08:30 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Fastest? C'mon now.
Karlsson is likely one of the fastest players in the world, and here's proof.

Carl Hagelin holds the record for the fastest skater lap with 13.218, and in the same year Greening was clocked at 13.303.

Why do I bring up Greening? Because he self-admittingly said that Karlsson was much faster than him, from blue-line to blue-line (no cornering).

Most foot races in hockey are from point a to b, which benefits Karlsson heavily.

Here's another report that shares the opinion:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...he-nhl/page/26

Old
11-23-2012, 09:15 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Considering everything into consideration, he is the fastest skater in the league. He has such amazing acceleration and agility that he makes his top-end look normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post

Carl Hagelin holds the record for the fastest skater lap with 13.218, and in the same year Greening was clocked at 13.303.

Why do I bring up Greening? Because he self-admittingly said that Karlsson was much faster than him, from blue-line to blue-line (no cornering).

Most foot races in hockey are from point a to b, which benefits Karlsson heavily.

Thank you.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:22 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post

Didn't Greening have the fastest time, but it just wasn't in the skills comp finals?

edit: he did, in the first round of the competition Hagelin was 12.993, and Greening was 12.963

Last edited by saskriders: 11-23-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old
11-24-2012, 06:01 AM
Justinov

Colin Greening is on fire right now in the danish league.
He has scored 5 goals in the last 2 games (no assists).

After 9 matches he is at 9G 7A.

Some days ago they beat one of the top teams SønderjyskE 3-0 and last night they also beat the other threat to the title - Frederikshavn Whitehawks - 3-0.
(In the time between these two matches they also crushed the last-placed team Copenhagen Hockey with 10-2 - first Greening hattrick in Denmark)

Greening and Aalborg Pirates are leading the Al-Bank liga now!

Old
11-24-2012, 12:42 PM
heksagon

As great as Karlsson is, sometimes he has bad games too. He was honestly horrible today against my favourite team, Jokerit lost to JYP 5-1.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
As great as Karlsson is, sometimes he has bad games too. He was honestly horrible today against my favourite team, Jokerit lost to JYP 5-1.
Good point.

But we already knew he, and all others, have bad games. Especially in a league where everyone is playing for contracts and he's just there to stay in shape.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:51 PM
heksagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Good point.

But we already knew he, and all others, have bad games. Especially in a league where everyone is playing for contracts and he's just there to stay in shape.
True. And Jokerit has a lot of injuries right now, so Karlsson's teammates are not as good as they could be.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Ya Colin Greening probably has faster top end speed on a consistent basis.

See how meaningless top end speed is though. When people talk about fastest players I think they do so imagining being fast is something important. Which makes me think being fast in hockey is being quick.

I'm not sure anyone scampers in any direction in a flash quite like Karlsson does, and above all else, it's what makes him the dangerous player he is. And the other thing, he pretty much moves faster when he has the puck...which is a pretty rare and special quality. You can see this by watching him, but I also saw this noted in a McKeen's report on him and in Dorion's report on him that he shared with the Sun.

I've seen Karlsson leave Gaborik in the dust while EK was skating the puck. Speed that matters. Gaborik would have forced pretty much any other Dman in the league to toss it off the boards...with Erik, he probably either made a pass into the zone or he brought it in himself. His ability to keep the puck on his sstick is the reason for all those secondary assists that people say are lucky.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
True. And Jokerit has a lot of injuries right now, so Karlsson's teammates are not as good as they could be.
To be clear, because I sounded like a jerk I think, I don't really care how the NHLers play oversees. As soon as they get to NHL ice, they'll be better players for it, just like they instantly get better when playoffs start.

Even if they are trying their hardest, that natural desperation and adrenal that comes with playing against the best AND playing for contracts just isn't there. But those motivators vary in effect for each player or any individual in all kinds of facets for life.

You run faster when someone is trying to kill you is all I'm really saying.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Colin Greening is on fire right now in the danish league.
He has scored 5 goals in the last 2 games (no assists).

After 9 matches he is at 9G 7A.

Some days ago they beat one of the top teams SønderjyskE 3-0 and last night they also beat the other threat to the title - Frederikshavn Whitehawks - 3-0.
(In the time between these two matches they also crushed the last-placed team Copenhagen Hockey with 10-2 - first Greening hattrick in Denmark)

Greening and Aalborg Pirates are leading the Al-Bank liga now!
Although this is just the danish league (no disrespect intended at all), its still awesome to hear how well he's doing. I think greening is going to be a top 6 nhler. Call me crazy, but my reasoning is that he's a very, very smart guy. He's also an incredibly hard worker, and he's also from Newfoundland which bodes well for his character and work ethic IMO. And to top it all off, he's a big and built like a tank, and already one of the fastest players in the league.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:02 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
Although this is just the danish league (no disrespect intended at all), its still awesome to hear how well he's doing. I think greening is going to be a top 6 nhler. Call me crazy, but my reasoning is that he's a very, very smart guy. He's also an incredibly hard worker, and he's also from Newfoundland which bodes well for his character and work ethic IMO. And to top it all off, he's a big and built like a tank, and already one of the fastest players in the league.
Something I've noticed from Greening is that he doesn't use his speed while he has the puck. He tries to focus on what he is doing then when he chases the puck you see him blazing. Towards the end of the year, there were a couple times where he looked more comfortable with the puck on his stick and he focused more on pulling away using his speed and man did he FLY out there with some brilliant rushes.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Something I've noticed from Greening is that he doesn't use his speed while he has the puck. He tries to focus on what he is doing then when he chases the puck you see him blazing. Towards the end of the year, there were a couple times where he looked more comfortable with the puck on his stick and he focused more on pulling away using his speed and man did he FLY out there with some brilliant rushes.
Further highlighting the impressiveness of a player that appears to move faster with the puck. Scouts highlight this ability because it's huge.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:21 AM
Kentti

Karlsson's and Turris's teams played yesterday. Karlsson was quite bad in his game but you can't be good every night.

Karlsson's stats:

NOV 24, 2012: JOKERIT @ JYP 1 - 5
G 0, A 0, P 0, +/- -1, S 9, PIM 0, TOI 27:34

Karlsson after 19 games: G 5, A 11, P 16, +/- +10, S 150, PIM 12, average TOI 26:00.

Highlights from the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ebS0vOuik

Karlsson's sloppy play @ 0:57.

JYP's last goal, an empty netter, wasn't on the highlights above so here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sffly1vEsK4

Erik tries to make a pass from his own end which a JYP player intercepts and makes a goal.

Kyle today:

NOV 24, 2012: PELICANS @ KÄRPÄT 4 - 6
G 0, A 1, P 1, +/- +0, S 4, PIM 0, TOI 17:09

Turris after 16 games: G 5, A 10, P 15, +/- +11, S 72, PIM 16, average TOI 19:48.

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCEAmslWbkU

Kyle's assist @ 2:17.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
Colin Greening is really taking a lot of responsility as both leader and setting an example of always working hard at practice and being helpful to other players.
He is not only focused on attack, but also works hard defensively. It really seems he has the character to make it a long way. The only drawback is that he will not get a lot physical practice in the danish league, but then again less risk of injury.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Kentti

Karlsson was on the ice today as Jokerit beat local rival Espoo Blues. Erik played a great game, only one sloppy play that resulted Blues' second goal.

NOV 25, 2012: BLUES @ JOKERIT 3 - 5
G 0, A 2, P 2, +/- +2, S 7, PIM 0, TOI 26:15

Karlsson after 21 games: G 5, A 13, P 18, +/- +12, S 157, PIM 12, average TOI 26:01.

Highlights when they arrive.

Closed Thread