Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
BoxerMax

vCash: 500
Why wasn't Galchenyuk in the lineup on Sunday? Also, What happened to Dundas that he is having to go for x-rays?

Old
11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
highstickside

I didn't get a chance to watch the Barrie or Sudbury games, but here are my thoughts on the Soo game:

1. Gotta wonder about pulling Barrick, except for maybe the first period as a shake-up move, since none of the goals was his fault. The first one was a wonky deflection off a Sting player, and the second one was just a good goal. The net result is that your star goalie gets shelled, largely because of the selfish play of one of the D (more on that later), and his save percentage and GAA take a kick. IMHO, Barrick should have gone back in to begin the 2nd period. By that point, you are down 4-0, and you throw the kid back in since the shake-up move did not work. To keep Anderson in a game like that serves no purpose other than to wear him out and skew his stats.

2. Whatever Coach Beaulieu hopes to achieve with DeAngelo is failing. Number 77 was the direct cause of 5 of those goals against. He has ZERO concept of what a defenseman's job is, in particular, and what team defense is all about, generally. The minute the puck touches a Sarnia stick in the D-zone, he's gone on one of his predictable spinning, wandering, deking forays deep into the offensive zone. Of course, he usually does it at the end of what a proper shift should be, so he's totally gassed when he inevitably coughs up the puck and trudges back to his end with his tongue hanging out, only to see his out-manned mates get scored upon because he's so far out of position. Poor Chapman, who relieves Duininck in the current rotation, got nailed with at least 4 minuses because DeAngelo refused to come off when Duininck did. If I'm one of the vets on that team, I take him aside and carefully explain to him that his dental arragement is in jeopardy if he keeps being such a selfish jerk and costing his team. Clearly, the coach has no influence on him or doesn't care, both of which are disturbing.

Don't get me wrong--DeAngelo has a ton of potential up-side. He's scrappy, confident, a FANTASTIC skater and has a decent shot. Whoever is advising him is asleep at the switch if they let Jacques continue to let him play like a spoiled peewee superstar, which will kill his career development just as surely as anything. I have said it before on this board, and it bears repeating, that despite his glitzy package, NHL scouts have very little interest in him at this point as a high-end prospect based on his utter lack of hockey sense or coachability. No one needs or wants a 5'-10" 165 lb prima donna defenseman who is getting worse and not better as he gets older.

3. Say what you want about Cousins and his on and off-ice adventures, he is a heck of a hockey player. He's tireless, irritating, smart with the puck, irritating, has unbelievable vision, is irritating, and draws penalties like crazy because he's so irritating, plus he's just irritating. LIke him or not, there are a ton of NHL teams in addition to the Flyers that would love to have a guy like that on the roster. He will likely have a long career with 9 different NHL teams before it's all over...did I mention that he's irritating?

4. The Soo broadcast guys are just awful. Terrible...the play-by-play guy must be visually impaired or drunk, because the names he calls have no relation to who is actually on the ice at the time. And Montegue...what a poseur! If there is a more pompous "never-been-there-never-done-that" know-it-all in the entire broadcast/journalism world, I would like to see it.

There...that's it. I'm done.

Old
11-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Herman the German

9-22222222222222222 sooooooooooooo fluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old
11-19-2012, 03:32 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstickside View Post
I didn't get a chance to watch the Barrie or Sudbury games, but here are my thoughts on the Soo game:

There...that's it. I'm done.
Agree with ya on all but one point. While not defending, D'Angelo, and I do think he is weak defensively, the Sting defensively, play man to man, which means your D could be at the blueline. If someone misses an assignment or cannot catch their guy, albeit Hargrave twice, the puck is in the net. Foolish system. It showed on the Soo's cycling. They followed their man around in circles and could not keep up.
D'Angelo is a liability but he is still a kid, and room to improve. Personally he should be tried up front. That is what he likes to do, and he has all the moves.
Feel for Anderson, and Barrick. Why shell JP? Put the kid back in after the first like u said...won't hurt his confidence to be rocked ... happens to everyone. With two tough games, it is not how you played, but how you respond. C U thursday.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Sting Fire

Justice Dundas out 4 to 6 weeks with a bad shoulder

Old
11-19-2012, 09:29 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinspace View Post
Hottot needs to be moved to the trade blog. Not much value with the current club!
Glad some one else has noticed.I thought that at the start of the year and stated on here only to be shot down on how much heart he has.I Dont like his lazy style, stupid penalities and giving up on the plays.Boys played much better while he was on suspension.He has brought the team down to his level IMO

Old
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
massey

[QUOTE=dansk55;55882865]Agree with ya on all but one point. While not defending, D'Angelo, and I do think he is weak defensively, the Sting defensively, play man to man, which means your D could be at the blueline. If someone misses an assignment or cannot catch their guy, albeit Hargrave twice, the puck is in the net. Foolish system. It showed on the Soo's cycling. They followed their man around in circles and could not keep up.
D'Angelo is a liability but he is still a kid, and room to improve. Personally he should be tried up front. That is what he likes to do, and he has all the moves.
Feel for Anderson, and Barrick. Why shell JP? Put the kid back in after the first like u said...won't hurt his confidence to be rocked ... happens to everyone. With two tough games, it is not how you played, but how you respond. C U thursday.[/QUOTE

Agree with both of these comments.Thought I was the only one frustrated with him.Yes nice skater,fancy moves,but also a defensive nightmare.Hopefully something can change.Get rid of Hottot and try him on forward.We generally sit 2 D men every game anyways

Old
11-19-2012, 09:34 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Fire View Post
Justice Dundas out 4 to 6 weeks with a bad shoulder
Will miss him against London and Kitchener this weekend

Old
11-22-2012, 08:51 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Game one of the 402 Battle goes tonight as London knights visit town. Sting are riding a losing streak and will be without Justice Dundas for 4-6 weeks so this will surely be a test.

Losing Dundas hurts so much as he's their heart-and-soul player.

I'm guessing the Knights route Sarnia tonight but hoping the team can dig deep and sneak out a win

Old
11-23-2012, 09:05 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Not to put the sole blame on one player, but Craig Hottot continues to play with half of the effort he's capable of. He is floating waaaay too much and it's showing (last night he was minus-3). For a player wearing an "A", Hottot needs to step it up. Since returning from his suspension last Friday, Sarnia has lost three straight.

Hottot has been one of my favourite players over the past few years but he's changed this season and I'm not a fan.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:07 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Not to put the sole blame on one player, but Craig Hottot continues to play with half of the effort he's capable of. He is floating waaaay too much and it's showing (last night he was minus-3). For a player wearing an "A", Hottot needs to step it up. Since returning from his suspension last Friday, Sarnia has lost three straight.

Hottot has been one of my favourite players over the past few years but he's changed this season and I'm not a fan.
Do you think the rest of the players see the inequity? He floats and still gets his icetime..Good message, and a lack of gonads from his coaches. I do believe there is a connection...this is not the same team as before the current skid.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:09 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post

I totally agree...he looks so uninterested out there...at one point in the first period he cross checked a Knights player really high and probably would have knocked all his teeth out he was a few inches shorter. It looked like he was trying to get suspended. I hope I am wrong, but he doesn't look like he wants to be here. Don't know what happened between this year to last but he isn't half the player he once was.

Old
11-23-2012, 12:34 PM
krauss72

No heart, no PT. Pretty simple. When poor decisions consistently cost the TEAM, time to ride the pine. JAP hasn't been himself either. Granted, he has the weight of the whole team on his shoulders but he is better than he has been lately.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:03 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
No heart, no PT. Pretty simple. When poor decisions consistently cost the TEAM, time to ride the pine. JAP hasn't been himself either. Granted, he has the weight of the whole team on his shoulders but he is better than he has been lately.
Have to agree with all the above quotes. Hottot IMO started with a poor training camp,standing around in Ex games,not working then,I still think instead of Alberga being traded Hottot should have.If he wouldnt go,let him sit it out.As for JP, he has appeared to lost his confidence.Not that he is playing bad as much as not stealing those games for the sting.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

And just like that we find out that Craig Hottot has left the team.

"@StingHockey: Hottot will not be in tonight's lineup. Craig has decided to leave the club. There will be no further comments from the club at this time."

Old
11-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Sting Fire

Hotts has been sent home, no longer a Sting by mutual agreement as per CHOK tonight

Old
11-23-2012, 07:48 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Hotts has been sent home, no longer a Sting by mutual agreement as per CHOK tonight
According to Jacques. Craig was unhappy with his role on the team, and not happy with his ice time...

I am not entirely sure if I believe that, seems to me that something else must be at the root of this...Hottot has always been the type that takes what ever role has been assigned to him...

Old
11-23-2012, 07:54 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thHansonbrother View Post
According to Jacques. Craig was unhappy with his role on the team, and not happy with his ice time...

I am not entirely sure if I believe that, seems to me that something else must be at the root of this...Hottot has always been the type that takes what ever role has been assigned to him...
Obviously with the way he is playing,he wasnt happy.Based on his year so far,I dont think we will miss him although you have to appreciate what he has done with the club in the past.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:00 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Obviously with the way he is playing,he wasnt happy.Based on his year so far,I dont think we will miss him although you have to appreciate what he has done with the club in the past.
With Dundas out, I think this team will miss Hottot for sure...without these two, the toughness of this team is a bit depleted...left with just Chapman and DiPaolo that will shed the mitts...and Chappy is what? Halfway to his suspension?

Old
11-23-2012, 08:14 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thHansonbrother View Post
With Dundas out, I think this team will miss Hottot for sure...without these two, the toughness of this team is a bit depleted...left with just Chapman and DiPaolo that will shed the mitts...and Chappy is what? Halfway to his suspension?
Chapman can't fight right now. He still has a cast on.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:31 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdashOw View Post
Chapman can't fight right now. He still has a cast on.
Right...but it won't be permanent...plus, that just proves my point even more right now...of course though, this does free up an OA spot...

Old
11-24-2012, 07:16 AM
StungbySting

If this team is going to be competitive they need to pick up another OA immediately and do something with the Euro spot they are wasting with the kid sitting in the stands every night.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:46 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
If this team is going to be competitive they need to pick up another OA immediately and do something with the Euro spot they are wasting with the kid sitting in the stands every night.
I will not miss CH. He was kept over alberga because of the trade value...who wants Hottot? I guess we will see.
So why does jock not play the euro? To be honest, he can't do any worse than some of our other d men.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Is "mutual agreement" becoming an inside joke around the RBC yet?

I'd take Hottot in Lo-town...I'd toss Jocko a bone...a mid round pick at best..after all he left the team his value drops dramatically because of that.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:16 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Is "mutual agreement" becoming an inside joke around the RBC yet?

I'd take Hottot in Lo-town...I'd toss Jocko a bone...a mid round pick at best..after all he left the team his value drops dramatically because of that.
Agree about the value,can u see Hottot with the Ruperts,would be the most despied line in jrs
Actually he is a pretty good player when his head is right,I would take him in Windsor,if he can change tude

Closed Thread