HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Yakupov

Old
11-22-2012, 08:23 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
PK Subban for Yakupov ?

there was a rumour today ( not from a valid source ) saying " Oilers and Habs are discussing a possible move that could change the face of both franchises: a Subban for Yakupov trade "
Where is this source and it would take more than Subban to get Yak whether Habs fans like it or not.
Yes, I line of Yak and Gally would be nice but MON would have to pay.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:24 PM
Nail Yakupov
Russian Rocket 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Where is this source and it would take more than Subban to get Yak whether Habs fans like it or not.
Yes, I line of Yak and Gally would be nice but MON would have to pay.
I agree..

Nail Yakupov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:34 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
From Rangers I'd be down for a Yakupov+N.Schultz for McDonaugh+Stralman type deal.
McDonaugh is a good dman but I don't think EDM will have a problem with its dmen in 2 seasons as players like Klefbom, Musil and Marincin develop. I already have faith in Petry, Smid and J. Schultz so that is not a big worry for my like most fans. Plain and simple there are just not a lot one shot snipers in the league. I am not saying that Yak will be a 50 goal scorer, but I do see him as a 40 goal scorer and there were only 4 players with 40 goals and 14 with 35 goals. See how valueable a pure goal scorer is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
You might want to actually watch Subban play before making such an incorrect statement. Keep in mind we are talking about P.K. Subban, not Malcolm.

I would not trade Subban for Yakupov straight up.
That is fine as Oiler fans would not trade Yak straight up for Subban, Subban is a good dman but he does make a lot of bad decisions and he still has a lot of work to do on his defensive side.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:40 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
McDonaugh is a good dman but I don't think EDM will have a problem with its dmen in 2 seasons as players like Klefbom, Musil and Marincin develop. I already have faith in Petry, Smid and J. Schultz so that is not a big worry for my like most fans. Plain and simple there are just not a lot one shot snipers in the league. I am not saying that Yak will be a 50 goal scorer, but I do see him as a 40 goal scorer and there were only 4 players with 40 goals and 14 with 35 goals. See how valueable a pure goal scorer is.

That is fine as Oiler fans would not trade Yak straight up for Subban, Subban is a good dman but he does make a lot of bad decisions and he still has a lot of work to do on his defensive side.

Sorry but that there just shows you have not watched him at all last season and are going off whatever the media blabbers about. Subban made great strides in his defensive game this past season, if anything, a knock on subban can be that his offensive didn't progress as expected.

HABS2DCUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Gunnin54

How about something like Clowe + Couture (+)?

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Couture-Hemsky

Edmonton gets a legit top-6 power foward with a record of protecting young players, he'll stand up for Eberle/RNH if anyone gives them trouble and has enough offensive talent to play with them. Couture is a long-term solution at #2C who's good defensively (and good enough to be #1C if RNH goes down with injury), and who'd be a great fit with Hall and Hemsky. Edmonton has basically two #1 lines, and all of the players are 30 (Clowe and Hemsky) or younger (like really young).

SJ gets a legit young franchise forward to build around.

Dunno what the plus would be.[/QUOTE] Couture is who were goin to build around once Joe and Marleau are gone.

Gunnin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 01:56 AM
MarkusNaslund19

I've thought for awhile that a trade that might approach the needs of both teams would be:

Phoenix receives

Yakupov

Edmonton receives

Hanzal,
Yandle

Phoenix doesn't need Yandle as they've got lot's of defensive depth making him borderline redundant. And Yakupov gives them the best offensive threat they've had in years.

Edmonton gets that big second line center that they need so badly (he would be the perfect Yin to RNH's Yang), along with a puck moving defense man whom they could hold onto for a long time.

They then have Smid, Schultz, and Yandle to build around on the back end.
And Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Hanzal up front.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 02:37 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
I've thought for awhile that a trade that might approach the needs of both teams would be:

Phoenix receives

Yakupov

Edmonton receives

Hanzal,
Yandle

Phoenix doesn't need Yandle as they've got lot's of defensive depth making him borderline redundant. And Yakupov gives them the best offensive threat they've had in years.

Edmonton gets that big second line center that they need so badly (he would be the perfect Yin to RNH's Yang), along with a puck moving defense man whom they could hold onto for a long time.

They then have Smid, Schultz, and Yandle to build around on the back end.
And Hall, Eberle, RNH, and Hanzal up front.
Edmonton would have to add

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:31 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
You may be right, I'm not sure. Either way, I think it serves as at least a good basis for a deal.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:15 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
You may be right, I'm not sure. Either way, I think it serves as at least a good basis for a deal.
I actually like it alot.

Perhaps, an additional piece like MPS or Hemsky? It would certainly need to be something of value, but not on the level of Hanzal or Yandle IMO.

Still, wouldnt edmonton fans prefer a bit more of a two way guy than Yandle, seeing as they have Schultz and Whitney?

KlattNazty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Is Hanzal expected to breakout offensively at some point or is he realistically the second coming of Jarret Stoll in a bigger body with less tenacity and a left hand shot?

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitimes View Post
Is Hanzal expected to breakout offensively at some point or is he realistically the second coming of Jarret Stoll in a bigger body with less tenacity and a left hand shot?
Hanzal is a much better player than Stoll. Defensively he is more than capable of handling the best centers in the West.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
I actually like it alot.

Perhaps, an additional piece like MPS or Hemsky? It would certainly need to be something of value, but not on the level of Hanzal or Yandle IMO.

Still, wouldnt edmonton fans prefer a bit more of a two way guy than Yandle, seeing as they have Schultz and Whitney?
Yeah tbh, we need some reliability in our own end. I love the deal, but it was a much bigger necessity before the schultz signing.

I think we need Yakupov more than people realize. What will happen to the Oilers if that Hall/RNH/Eberle line becomes effectively shut down on a given night? We saw it last year, and we're seeing it now in OKC. When those 3 are going, Oilers will be a very difficult team to handle, but when they aren't, it's good to have another elite threat that can answer the call.

notloilersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:33 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I agree, Yandle is a stud and the biggest piece in this trade. Yandle for Yakupov hold close to the same value, imo.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Hanzal is a much better player than Stoll. Defensively he is more than capable of handling the best centers in the West.
I agree with the second point, but I give Stoll the edge on the dot and in mobility. Production is a wash and they both aren't afraid to go to dirty areas to make it happen. However, if Hanzal is the better player, is he seen as a 2C or just a better option than Stoll for 3C?

Hanzal is the more valuable asset because of age, size and Stoll's former concussion issues and what you touched on, but on recent merits, they both have a strong case as key depth guys for their teams. I see Hanzal is a fantastic option as a 3C.

I don't see Yakupov getting moved at all, but I understand on HF, values are more important than realistic scenarios, but either way I don't see Hanzal and Yandle scoring a first overall pick.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 05:45 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
I agree, congrats.
Yandle is established value now, so Edm may need to add, or at least conditionally add depending upon what numbers Yakupov puts up.

But it is a solid basis, IMO.

Depending how close one views Yandle to Girardi, that is also a close basis for (almost) ballpark even swap [for Yakupov].

Last edited by bernmeister: 11-23-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: afterthought
bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:17 PM
WarriorofTime

Yak Attack is untouchable. He has 50 goal potential.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 06:18 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I agree, Yandle is a stud and the biggest piece in this trade. Yandle for Yakupov hold close to the same value, imo.
What? A borderline All Star for a 1st overall pick? Prospects may get overrated on here but Yakupov is as good as they come.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-23-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: not needed
WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Yak Attack is untouchable. He has 50 goal potential.
I say 60 goal potential

Fire Dumboer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 06:46 PM
palindrom

What about Yakupov + For Galchenyuk?

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnin54 View Post
How about something like Clowe + Couture (+)?

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Couture-Hemsky

Edmonton gets a legit top-6 power foward with a record of protecting young players, he'll stand up for Eberle/RNH if anyone gives them trouble and has enough offensive talent to play with them. Couture is a long-term solution at #2C who's good defensively (and good enough to be #1C if RNH goes down with injury), and who'd be a great fit with Hall and Hemsky. Edmonton has basically two #1 lines, and all of the players are 30 (Clowe and Hemsky) or younger (like really young).

SJ gets a legit young franchise forward to build around.

Dunno what the plus would be.
Couture is who were goin to build around once Joe and Marleau are gone.[/QUOTE]

Oh... my... goodness....

I would not even consider Couture for Yakupov simply because of something more than offensive potential. Couture fits San Jose's identity like a glove. Adding Clowe makes it an obscene overpayment.

CanadienShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Outside perspective: Yak+Gagner for Yandle+Hanzal

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Outside perspective: Yak+Gagner for Yandle+Hanzal
As an Oil fan I think I'd pull the trigger on that. I would love to roll out a starting 5 of:

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Yandle-Schultz

Not so sure about the defensive side of the game, but man would that be fun to watch. Hanzal is an ideal shutdown centre. The only problem is Yak and Gagner don't seem to fit the Yotes identity (though they do need to re-visit their stance on offence first players IMO).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:22 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
As an Oil fan I think I'd pull the trigger on that. I would love to roll out a starting 5 of:

Hall-Nuge-Ebs
Yandle-Schultz

Not so sure about the defensive side of the game, but man would that be fun to watch. Hanzal is an ideal shutdown centre. The only problem is Yak and Gagner don't seem to fit the Yotes identity (though they do need to re-visit their stance on offence first players IMO).
The Yotes and their current stance were in the Conference finals. It's pretty hard to argue against it when it was very successful for them.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 08:32 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The Yotes and their current stance were in the Conference finals. It's pretty hard to argue against it when it was very successful for them.
It's because they play a great system and have a very good coach that gets everyone to buy into the system he wants to run.

That being said, it's extremely difficult for teams without a lot of scoring depth to win a Stanley Cup. Short-term success in the playoffs is doable, especially when you play very good team defense and a guy like Mike Smith can stand on his head at times, but for long-term success I think they need to add more offense.

If I were them I would never add it at the expense of Yandle or Hanzal though.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
They were led in scoring by a 39yr old who jumped to a division rival. Their next biggest offensive weapons are Radim Vrbata, a 36yr old Doan, and a 38yr old Steve Sullivan. Vrbata has done well to establish himself as a legit top 6 guy, and Doan - despite entering the declining years - appears to keep himself in excellent shape and should still be good, but a 38yr old Steve Sullivan with a chronic back should not be the 3rd best offensive weapon on any team, let alone a contender. They have an excellent D corps, along with superb coaching, goaltending and team D, but there is no way they get back to the conference finals without upgraded scoring. I'm not saying the proposal discussed is the right deal for them, but they have to find an offensive upgrade of some sort.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote