HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012 NBA Off-Season Thread: There's a new team in town

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 08:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
AWFUL move by Carmelo...

...but he's been getting jobbed all season by the refs. I can't believe how lopsided it's been at times.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:44 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

It's just unfathomable. I hate to sound like i'm blaming the refs, because the help defense has been unacceptably horrendous..but it's been an uphill battle with the refs ALL season.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:47 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

It's unbelievable how James Harden gets more calls than Carmelo Anthony.

I think at this point, it's pretty obvious the officials don't like him for whatever reason.

Chandler looks like a bum on defense this year. Where is his defense? Swiss Cheese defense. Guys just blowing right by him. Right now, he is not a inside presence. He looks like plays when he wants to. Which isn't a good thing.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

****ing ridiculous. We can't get a ****ing call.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:53 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

This is Woodson's worst coached game as a Knick. He's made zero adjustments defensively against a horrible shooting team.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:54 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
This is Woodson's worst coached game as a Knick. He's made zero adjustments defensively against a horrible shooting team.
The Memphis game was worst.

He's implementing too much of D'Antoni's system. The 3's and the small lineups.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:59 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Woodson has abondoned his bench the last two games

Old
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Is Wallace hurt? Camby? WTF? Why are they even on the team?

Old
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Take Melo out.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

If the Knicks lose to the Pistons, then I'll worry.

I just sensed a game like this was coming. I'm going to stand by my belief that the poor defense the last two games is the result of the end of a long road trip.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Smith sucks.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:15 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Nets looked great beating the Clips by double digits. Loved that they kept them scoreless for the last 3-4 min.

Brook is an ooooold-school big man - great post moves and defensive presence. An absolute pleasure to watch.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:26 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Sounds like a mess brewing in LA. lol

D'Antoni sat Gasol the 4th quarter saying he wanted to win the game. Gasol said he wanted Phil back.

Meanwhile the Hollywood Lakers continue to give up tons of points.

God I love that hiring.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:03 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Really hope Chandler gets on a monster tear after two subpar games in a row...the idiots who thought Serge Ibaka deserved DPOY over him last year are crawling out of the woodwork. Guess nobody understands what help defense is (which is what Tyson has been bad at in the last two).

I despise sports fandoms sometimes.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:46 AM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Defense in the paint was a joke last night. Harden and Lin driving with no resistance, and Woodson counters by throwing out a lineup at one point with Novak at center?

That loss is on Woodson. Dude's brain was mush last night. It's like he was so lost in his lineups without 'Sheed being available. Does he not realize he's got Camby just sitting there looking pretty all game?

Chandler was also terrible, he looks like he's laboring, maybe playing through an injury? I'm sick of these small lineups with 'Melo at the 4.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:20 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Defense in the paint was a joke last night. Harden and Lin driving with no resistance, and Woodson counters by throwing out a lineup at one point with Novak at center?

That loss is on Woodson. Dude's brain was mush last night. It's like he was so lost in his lineups without 'Sheed being available. Does he not realize he's got Camby just sitting there looking pretty all game?

Chandler was also terrible, he looks like he's laboring, maybe playing through an injury? I'm sick of these small lineups with 'Melo at the 4.
You can make the case that all 3 loses are on Woodson. His refusal to play Camby is absurd.
The Knicks brought in Camby to be the backup center NOT Rasheed Wallace. Camby isn't here on the cheap either.

I wonder is there something going on behind close doors.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:43 AM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Nets looked great beating the Clips by double digits. Loved that they kept them scoreless for the last 3-4 min.

Brook is an ooooold-school big man - great post moves and defensive presence. An absolute pleasure to watch.
Glad to see there is only one other Nets fan in here! I've been VERY impressed with Lopez so far this year. He seems improved in almost ever aspect of the game, except rebounding. I don't even care that his rebounding isn't great, because we are still a very good rebounding team with Evans, Blatche, and Humphries out there. Lopez has been dominant on the offensive end, and his defense has been ever more impressive so far. He isn't as slow to help and come up with a block. I believe he's top 5 in block in the NBA.

Last night was an impressive win for us, but they can't just win one like this and let us down next game like the Warriors game. A sign of a good team is when you beat the guys you're supposed to.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Glad to see there is only one other Nets fan in here! I've been VERY impressed with Lopez so far this year. He seems improved in almost ever aspect of the game, except rebounding. I don't even care that his rebounding isn't great, because we are still a very good rebounding team with Evans, Blatche, and Humphries out there. Lopez has been dominant on the offensive end, and his defense has been ever more impressive so far. He isn't as slow to help and come up with a block. I believe he's top 5 in block in the NBA.

Last night was an impressive win for us, but they can't just win one like this and let us down next game like the Warriors game. A sign of a good team is when you beat the guys you're supposed to.
I hear ya - definitely want to see them keep up their level of play against Portland tomorrow.

By the same token I wouldn't get too down about that GS loss. The west coast trip is always a bear and after winning the first game and then going toe to toe agains the Lakers (not to mention the refs) in a game decided on the last play, playing GSW the next night was a really, really difficult situation.

On Lopez: I'd love to see a few more boards per game, but other than that, he's been phenomenal. I honestly think they could run the offense through him even more. As to the boards, I wonder if his numbers aren't impacted by having Crash, Hump and Evans on the same team - only so many to go around and especially with Lopez helping so much on D, it's likely that they're getting some boards that would otherwise go to him. (Although I'd like to see him be just a tad more agressive pursuing them regardless.)

Old
11-24-2012, 06:48 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
It's unbelievable how James Harden gets more calls than Carmelo Anthony.
I think at this point, it's pretty obvious the officials don't like him for whatever reason.

Chandler looks like a bum on defense this year. Where is his defense? Swiss Cheese defense. Guys just blowing right by him. Right now, he is not a inside presence. He looks like plays when he wants to. Which isn't a good thing.

Carmelo should start flopping.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:39 PM
useref15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I hear ya - definitely want to see them keep up their level of play against Portland tomorrow.

By the same token I wouldn't get too down about that GS loss. The west coast trip is always a bear and after winning the first game and then going toe to toe agains the Lakers (not to mention the refs) in a game decided on the last play, playing GSW the next night was a really, really difficult situation.

On Lopez: I'd love to see a few more boards per game, but other than that, he's been phenomenal. I honestly think they could run the offense through him even more. As to the boards, I wonder if his numbers aren't impacted by having Crash, Hump and Evans on the same team - only so many to go around and especially with Lopez helping so much on D, it's likely that they're getting some boards that would otherwise go to him. (Although I'd like to see him be just a tad more agressive pursuing them regardless.)

The reason why I wanted that GS and LAL game so bad is because it is those games that I've been used to seeing them lose for the past 5 years, and I want to see them win those ones.

One thing I cannot stand. AVERY JOHNSON. He really needs to be fired. Throughout the games, he has tons of very questionable coaching decisions. If you go on RealGM on the Brooklyn Nets forum (I recommend if you're a big fan) everybody rips on him, and deservedly so. There is no reason why D-Will should be playing SG. You're talking away a huge part of his game that makes him dominant. He is MUCH better when he has the ball in his hands and can facilitate the offense. His subsititutions are also very questionable. MarShon Brooks should be playing instead of old many Jerry. Stack had one good game, and Avery continues to ride him. We should never have a line up of Watson-Stackhouse-Bogans on the floor. No offense at all and thats where we get stagnant.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:02 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

"BALL DON'T LIE"

Old
11-25-2012, 01:13 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Marcus Camby 3 rebounds in 5 minutes. Tyson Chandler 0 rebounds in 14 minutes and counting.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:43 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Got to continue to win at home.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Alien Valuating

Tonight feels like the first game of what will hopefully be an epic rivalry, Nets are tied for the division lead if they win. I hope the Barclays Center gets LOUD tonight, let's go Brooklyn!

Old
11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
useref15

Can't wait to see the Nets beat the Knicks today!

Closed Thread