HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
3rd period;
4 shifts, 6:49 time on ice (two shifts of over two minutes)
5 turnovers...

Old
11-23-2012, 08:45 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
3rd period;
4 shifts, 6:49 time on ice (two shifts of over two minutes)
5 turnovers...
Wow, those 5 turnovers...

Man, bad game, but Galchenyuk was the only who showed up for the Sting.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Totals;
17 shifts, 16:19 time on ice.
7 turnovers, -2 and 1-for-1 in the face-off circle.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:52 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Gibson with the night off. Good for Gally.

Gah! I hate when ppl do this (ive done it before myself so im not picking on ya).

Always seems to have negative results.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
A 2+ round playoff run would be valuable for his growth as a player. Not sure how that can be denied. He's proven he can dominate in the regular season in the OHL.

The Sting face the Petes tomorrow, who are having a terrible season. If they lose that one.....
Like I said, it's good but it'll also mean spending the regular season on a stacked team pilling up easy points. He was voted captain of this crap lineup. For his level of talent, I think he'd be better off carrying that team to and in the playoffs than being a mid-season add-on passenger to a already amazing team.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:57 PM
That

5-0 win for Kitchener. An abysmal game from Sarnia, but Galchenyuk was the only Sting player who decided to show up. However, he was held pointless.

Galchenyuk started off the game playing hard. He finished three checks. Then he got way too fancy with the puck and turned it over in his own zone. He showed some great hands on the PP (like normal) and one particularly good play. The centre of the ice was open and he jumped right into it and dangled through 3 players and then made a nice pass. He was fairly engaged in the first, but struggled to control the puck at times. In the second he was pretty quiet. His skill was very evident, with a ton of nifty dekes and passes (that weren't always accurate). He had one particular nice spin and shoot play. He turned the puck over on the PP with a weird pass. He passed it right to the Kitchener player while looking right at him. Following that, he had a nice pass where he cut to the centre, deked the pants of the defender, and passed it to the point. Galchenyuk's third period was terrible. He kicked it off with a horrible clearing pass that resulted in a great scoring chance for Kitchener. He did have a nice play where he stole the puck behind the net, and then went right to the net and somehow passed it to Boucher, but nothing came out of it. He also had a nice head fake/toe drag deke that put two Rangers of their butts, pretty awesome play. Then he made like three dumb passes that got intercepted to close out the period.

Overall, I don't want to talk about it. That was a terrible effort from Sarnia. Galchenyuk had a poor game, he turned over the puck a ton, but he did have some quality plays. Just a terrible game from everyone, and Galchenyuk was clearly frustrated with their performance. That was probably the worst I've seen him play since the season opener.

-Sarault was ****ing terrible. He couldn't make a pass and couldn't shoot either.
-Connor Murphy couldn't handle the puck at all tonight. However, he actually made some decent plays defensively.
-Anthony DeAngelo needs to quit playing hero every shift. He needs to slow down the game and use his teammates more. He's trying too hard. He made a stupid spin around behind the back pass right on the blue line, directly behind him on the PP. No one was there.
-Justin Bailey was great tonight. He stole the puck a ton and showed some great speed. He was awesome along the boards too.
-Brent Pederson had a great game too. He was all over the ice and created every shift.
-Radek Faksa was very solid. Typical Faksa game. Great defensively and some craftiness offensively. Picked up 2 assists.
-I didn't even notice Ryan Murphy tonight. It's like watching a completely different player, he has no confidence with the puck any more. Either that, or he's trying to work on his defensive game. Which has come a long way, that's for sure.

Last edited by That: 11-24-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Did goldobin get benched or something? I didn't hear his name at all.
I'm pretty sure he did. I don't remember him having a single shift after the halfway mark in the third.

I have no idea why he got benched though. He was one of the better Sarnia players tonight, not that means much though.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:04 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Gah! I hate when ppl do this (ive done it before myself so im not picking on ya).

Always seems to have negative results.
Hey, I thought he was a backup too... wth did they just pull on us.

Felt like the Koivu era Canadiens were playing the Devils honestly. Such a frustrating game, no passes could connect, and they killed us on the counterattack after they had a passive start and waited for their opportunities.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:28 PM
lamp9post

Just got back from the game. Sarnia seemed dopey the entire game. Couldn't get anything going, including Galchenyuk. He tried a few low-percentage plays hoping to break something open, but nothing worked. All his passes seemed to find a skate or stick between him and his target.

Sarnia's goalie was terrible. I don't know who it was, but the guy looks 13 years old, barely taller than the crossbar. Is this their everyday goalie? Sorry for the basic question but I don't follow the Sting outside of Galchenyuk.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:37 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Did goldobin get benched or something? I didn't hear his name at all.
No, I was at the game and he played a regular shift.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:41 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
-Radek Faksa was very solid. Typical Faksa game. Great defensively and some craftiness offensively. Picked up 2 assists.
Yeah, I was very impressed with Faksa. Solid, smart all around game. He likely won't be a full time 1st liner, but he's got a long NHL career ahead of him as a 2nd/3rd liner that can play both special teams. He's the type of player that every team could use regardless of their organizational depth. A little like Eller in that regard, but more steady and less shifty if that makes any sense.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:42 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Just got back from the game. Sarnia seemed dopey the entire game. Couldn't get anything going, including Galchenyuk. He tried a few low-percentage plays hoping to break something open, but nothing worked. All his passes seemed to find a skate or stick between him and his target.

Sarnia's goalie was terrible. I don't know who it was, but the guy looks 13 years old, barely taller than the crossbar. Is this their everyday goalie? Sorry for the basic question but I don't follow the Sting outside of Galchenyuk.
Brodie Barrick is Sarnia's back up goalie. JP Anderson is the starter. Also Barrick is listed at 6'2", I know the OHL website is very generous, but if he was barely taller than the crossbar that's taking it to a whole new level

Quote:
No, I was at the game and he played a regular shift.
Really? I could have sworn Sarnia was rolling a Hargrave - Latta - Moore second line near the end of the game, but I wasn't really paying attention at that point.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:56 PM
lamp9post

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Brodie Barrick is Sarnia's back up goalie. JP Anderson is the starter. Also Barrick is listed at 6'2", I know the OHL website is very generous, but if he was barely taller than the crossbar that's taking it to a whole new level

Really? I could have sworn Sarnia was rolling a Hargrave - Latta - Moore second line near the end of the game, but I wasn't really paying attention at that point.
Haha, the guy can't be 6'2. "Barely taller than the crossbar" was an exaggeration, I admit, but he looked like he was 13 years old - short and underdeveloped, couldn't cover the net at all. A dining room chair could cover as much net as him in the butterfly.

On the second point - you could be right, I wasn't really paying attention near the end of the third either, but at least until then he played a regular shift and was Sarnia's most noticeable forward.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
http://sarniasting.com/article/rangers-shutout-sting

Quote:
Beaulieu added. “The work ethic is there. We might have to change up the lines to generate more offence. When we were winning we had up to 15 scoring chances a game. We need to do that and also get some timely saves.”

Old
11-24-2012, 06:38 AM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Nahh, you think??

About time he comes to his senses.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:02 AM
Tim Wallach

Hard to add much that the others haven't already said. If that wasn't Gally's worst game of the year, I'd be surprised.

Spott decided to match the Marcantuoni-Thomson-Rieder line against Galchenyuk, with Thomson appearing to draw the main assignment of getting the body on him early. A few knocks and Gally seemed to go into a more peripheral game and didn't get time to make solid plays.

Couple that with the fact that Boucher and Sarault were positively atrocious and you get what you got.

I think my biggest issue was with Sarnia's effort and body language. If Beaulieu thinks the effort was there he should be slapped. That third period was disgusting. Players going half speed, lolly-gagging on shift changes, slumped shoulders after whistles, etc. Gally even gave several signs he was mailing it in after a certain point.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Sam I Am

Tonight's game is against Peterborough.

Don't want to jinks anyone but the Petes have far and away the worst record in the league. Look for a big bounce-back game.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:19 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post

Don't want to jinks anyone but the Petes have far and away the worst record in the league. Look for a big bounce-back game.
The game seems to be televised as well. Probably just some regional Ontario thing, but it means that any streams we find will likely be pretty good, and won't be from OHL Live.

Good news.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-24-2012, 02:32 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

If Galchenyuk plays with Goldobin, I predict a 5 point night. Boucher-Gally-Goldy plz plz!

Now watch em get shutout because I opened my big mouth.. lol!

Old
11-24-2012, 02:47 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
The game seems to be televised as well. Probably just some regional Ontario thing, but it means that any streams we find will likely be pretty good, and won't be from OHL Live.

Good news.
plzplzplzplz

Old
11-24-2012, 03:21 PM
That

I wish it was broadcasted in HD. However, I doubt that is the case.

The last couple of Sarnia games have been from the OHL Action Pak (which is on TV), so I don't see why this one will be any different. The only games that Hockeystreams picks up from OHL Live are the Erie, Plymouth, Saginaw, and Sault Ste Marie home games because those teams only produce broadcasts for OHL Live.

The only time there's HD broadcasts of OHL games is when they are on Sportsnet, at least to my knowledge.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post

Trust me, I've seen peterborough play at the PMC, they are terrible. Gally will be able to get tons of chances against them..

Old
11-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Hopefully they don't attempt 50+ stretch passes. That was brutal, last night.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

If you guys find any streams, can u please post it here?

Old
11-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Mag1328

Quote:
Just got back from the game. Sarnia seemed dopey the entire game.
They had all the flu this week, I was told.

I was at the game and, contrary to some posters here, I actually liked what I saw from Goldobin. Good puck management and great anticipation.

As for Galchenyuk, it's true he didn't do much. He was pretty upset when I spoke to him after the game.

Closed Thread