HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oil caps

Old
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
MessierII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
There's a reason Hemsky's value is at an all time low.

Brouwer is generally top 10 in the league in hits, can drop the gloves and keep up with top 6 players on scoring lines. He's no Lucic but those players are much more valuable than their stats. Hemsky's injury proneness and lack of physical play are a pretty big concern. As is the caps becoming marshmallow soft without Brouwer.
Fair reasoning thanks for responding. Personally I think the Caps will have a tough time finding secondary this year if there is a this year. They have a great center lineup but not really any wingers that can out up numbers outside of Ovi. Now that Semin is gone they don't really have any legitimate top 6 wingers after Ovie.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Okay then. He had 26 assists and 36 points. You say Brouwer is ONLY a third liner. Well he had 33 points last season , just three points shy of your Hemsky.
.. In 23 more games.

Hemsky has played over 100 consecutive games since his last injury. This is the first off-season he's where he's not recovering from an injury and he's dominating. Look back at the World Championships. He was a beast for the Czech's. I think it's safe to say he's back in form going into this/next season and his shoulder has finally recovered properly.

I like Brouwer, but like the poster before said.. he's a 3rd liner. Hemsky is still a 1st/2nd line player despite his recent struggles the last couple seasons in Edmonton. I don't care how you argue against it. Call me and other Oilers fans homers, whatever. I'm pretty confident Hemsky is still a dominant player and the past few months he's proving it. I'm also confident he's past his injury problems that have been plaguing him.

And for those who want to say the Czech league is crap, blah blah blah.. David Krejci has 16 points in 15 games, Hemsky has 22 in 18 on the same team. Just for comparison sake.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:56 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Fair reasoning thanks for responding. Personally I think the Caps will have a tough time finding secondary this year if there is a this year. They have a great center lineup but not really any wingers that can out up numbers outside of Ovi. Now that Semin is gone they don't really have any legitimate top 6 wingers after Ovie.
food for thought. backstrom can score 30 or more if he chose to shoot it. with semin gone, it may be a higher priority. laich has and can score 20. johansson very likely can score 20.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:58 PM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
food for thought. backstrom can score 30 or more if he chose to shoot it. with semin gone, it may be a higher priority. laich has and can score 20. johansson very likely can score 20.
Not likely if none of them have wingers to play with.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote