HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Caps /Oilers Blues

Old
11-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Bluesnatic27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Why would we only want one goal scorer? Tarasenko might end up being something special, but Eberle already is. 6x6 for Eberle is nothing, especially since we'll be giving up 2 guys that stand to make quite a bit of money in the next couple of years. Steen is not a huge guy, but he's not small either. He and Oshie or Sobotka could easily hold down the center spots. If not, one of Oshie/Steen/Stewart/Rattie/Schwartz could be traded for someone that could. This trade would be the Blues absolutely robbing the Oilers. Oshie and Steen can play the center. Both can skate, both are good defensively, and both understand the game exceptionally well. Just because someone isn't a "natural center" doesn't mean they can't play it at all. Backes is not a "natural center" and he's worked out just fine. I value Eberle a whole lot higher than Shattenkirk and Berglund.
I don't think any Blues fan does not want Eberle, I mean, I remember saying that I think he would end up being the better player between him and Hall two years back. However, I do think this trade is just more of a "Hey, lets get our name in the news" kind of trade. Sure it would bring an all-star to the Blues, but I don't think it would make us better in the long run. It would either make the already apparent hole at center deeper and wouldn't add anything to our defense or make it that we would have to trade another winger to clear up the log jam. At most, I see this keeping us where we are right now, except with a star associated with us now. I also think that the Oilers would actually really like the return they get after this trade, but not at the cost of Eberle.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:49 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
I'll take NHL Referee's and Hockey Analyst's opinion over yours... txpd was not just spewing ******** out of his mouth... re-read his posts.
There are easily 20 dmen that are clearly better than him, he's just gonna jump past them all? He's good, but he's never shown that he's elite.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Like he said, Ebs likely isn't just going to start magically taking more shots. A 15% would earn him approximately 27 goals and a helluva lot less Stamkos comparisons.
So let me get this right, a 2nd year forward won't increase his shot total going forward? 2.29 shots/game in his rookie year, 2.31 shots/game in his sophomore year, and 2.63 shots/game in his 3rd year so far (albeit in the AHL which is as close to NHL competition as you'll get this year). Over 82 games his increase in shooting this year would have him shooting 26 more shots, at 15% shooting % that's 4 goals. So if he shoots as much as he did last year + 26 more shots that would mean that he'd pot 31 goals at 15% shooting. Show me stats that show that players shoot the most in their sophomore seasons and I'll give some credence to the idea that he won't be shooting more this year and next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
It's amazing how talented the worst team in the league 3 years running is... Stop living in hypothetical dreamland for a while and realize that you're taking proven talent for barely exposed talent with a lot of potential to do better... or get this WORSE.

Not every player in the league develops in a linear forward progression, clearly not in Edmonton or they'd have gone up at least 1 draft spot by now for crying out loud.

You act like you have a top 5 goalie and defense, with the worlds more talented young forwards in the league... and yet none of them can seem to win a game on the same team.

I have no idea where the delusion of "Only my teams prospects and players get better each and every year but yours have all plateaued" comes from unless you're just ************ about stat sheets and not even watching the players you doubt could even crack the almighty Oilers 2nd pairing or 3rd line.
I guess you must've missed the draft lottery or maybe you just don't know what it is?

11-25-2012, 03:50 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

After tonight's game (17 games in) Eberle with a clearly unsustainable shooting % of 20%

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:11 AM
bottomofthefoodchain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
who is not that much better than Petry, 7 more points in 9 more games played last year, playing only 30 seconds more a game and having a plus/minus rating of 8 goals worse as well. If Carlson is a first pairing dman, then Petry is one too. IMO, they are both 2nd pairing dmen at this point, with potential.
So you did not watch Carlson play then.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
So you did not watch Carlson play then.
Be honest. How much have you seen petry play?

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:40 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
After tonight's game (17 games in) Eberle with a clearly unsustainable shooting % of 20%
3 letters, AHL. I am a fan of Eberle, but using AHL stats is a joke.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
There are easily 20 dmen that are clearly better than him, he's just gonna jump past them all? He's good, but he's never shown that he's elite.
He's been second most consistent playoff performer after Backstrom on our team since 2010, btw.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
hyster110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
and why is that?

hyster110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
The AHL is the 2nd best hockey league on the planet right now.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
and why is that?
Because HF wants Eberle to bust hard so stats saying he has a high shooting percentage in every league he has ever played in must be discounted

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:36 PM
exporta

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
the caps just inked carlson to a 6 year deal at just under $4m per. hockey anaylists as recently as his last game have suggested he is a norris trophy winner in the near future. those two things together mean you dont trade that player. period.

that fact that eberle hasnt played a game with playoff ramifications yet, much less in the playoffs and the capitals a team that needs playoff performers more than anything doesnt really add to the draw.
He may not have an NHL playoff game under his belt but he's been a big game star at every level.

He shows up when the game is on the line.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
The AHL is the 2nd best hockey league on the planet right now.
The KHL and SEL are easily better.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:49 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
The KHL and SEL are easily better.
and what do you base your opinion on?

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster110 View Post
and why is that?
Goalies and defenses are no where near the level of the NHL. Again I am a fan of Eberle and believe that he will be a perennial 30 goal scorer. One of my favorite hockey players.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
So you want me to take your opinion over theirs?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
and what do you base your opinion on?
Common knowledge. They were better pre-lockout, now they've added significant NHLers while the AHL has added rookies and prospects.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Is the idea to get three of the four "Schultz'" playing in the league?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Eskimo44

These are just awful for the Oilers IMO.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Yeah I know, I mean clearly if he was good enough he'd be playing in the NHL right now, wait a minute......

Also I haven't been paying close enough attention, who's in the SEL this year? Kopitar, Landeskog, and ?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Yeah I know, I mean clearly if he was good enough he'd be playing in the NHL right now, wait a minute......

Also I haven't been paying close enough attention, who's in the SEL this year? Kopitar, Landeskog, and ?
How is anything in what you said relevant to what I posted?

Old
11-25-2012, 10:58 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
How is anything in what you said relevant to what I posted?
I think he is trying to show you that the quality of competition is the best in the AHL currently when comparing leagues to the NHL. The European leagues and KHL have larger ice surfaces and not nearly as much physical play because of it. That and there are quite a few excellent players in the AHL right now as well such as Brayden Schenn, Couturier, Sven Bartechi, just to name a few.

Just to show one example of how big a difference size of ice surface makes, Omark was abimsal in the NHL last season, not to mention the AHL. He is among the league leaders over in Europe with 39points IIRC.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Shredator

Oilers

Justin Shultz
Jeff Shultz
Nick Shultz

Shredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
I think he is trying to show you that the quality of competition is the best in the AHL currently when comparing leagues to the NHL. The European leagues and KHL have larger ice surfaces and not nearly as much physical play because of it. That and there are quite a few excellent players in the AHL right now as well such as Brayden Schenn, Couturier, Sven Bartechi, just to name a few.

Just to show one example of how big a difference size of ice surface makes, Omark was abimsal in the NHL last season, not to mention the AHL. He is among the league leaders over in Europe with 39points IIRC.
Are you suggesting Omark was bad in the AHL last season? He had the best ppg on the Barons roster and coach Nelson said "the AHL is too easy a league for Omark". Omark is a bonafide star player in every league short of the NHL. He's even had productive stints in the NHL. Omark is better than he gets credit for, i think he could be like a Ville Leino. That said his value is pretty similar to a Leino when he was with Detroit.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:34 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Are you suggesting Omark was bad in the AHL last season? He had the best ppg on the Barons roster and coach Nelson said "the AHL is too easy a league for Omark". Omark is a bonafide star player in every league short of the NHL. He's even had productive stints in the NHL. Omark is better than he gets credit for, i think he could be like a Ville Leino. That said his value is pretty similar to a Leino when he was with Detroit.
I look at his production beyond goals and assists. He was terrible defensively and too often tried to dance around entire opposing teams rather than utilize his teammates. Becuase of that, his point totals don't tell the whole story here. It really showed when he played at the NHL level cause his fancy plays that worked in the AHL sometimes had him get burned almost every time in the NHL.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote