HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LD Morgan Rielly - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2012 Draft)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2012, 08:57 PM
  #851
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Agreed, he looked real good so far, sad that his play hasn't reflected his point totals recently and he has also been a little snake-bitten. Hit the post in the 1st and nearly scored a goal 5 minutes into the game.
Who cares if he's "snake-bit".. he's showing his skills and controlling the play. That matters a lot more than points ever can. His teammates aren't on the same level as him plain and simple, doesn't really matter in the long run. His skills don't change because he's on a mediocre team.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 08:58 PM
  #852
pooleboy
Registered User
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Kypreos is not a regular WHL follower, I seriously doubt this will happen.
i realize this but would be fun to watch.

pooleboy is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 08:58 PM
  #853
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Hamilton has nothing to do with this thread. Roper, Liquor...its getting old.

Rielly has looked great through the 1st. I dont agree with Kypreos about him being traded to Edmonton, they already gave up some assets for Musil. I think Portland or Saskatoon will go for him. I would love to see Rielly in the mem cup.

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
  #854
Fearless Leaf*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Who cares if he's "snake-bit".. he's showing his skills and controlling the play. That matters a lot more than points ever can. His teammates aren't on the same level as him plain and simple, doesn't really matter in the long run. His skills don't change because he's on a mediocre team.
I totally agree but this was directed at people who simply base everything on the stats and not the actual game.

Fearless Leaf* is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
  #855
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
Hamilton has nothing to do with this thread. Roper, Liquor...its getting old.

Rielly has looked great through the 1st. I dont agree with Kypreos about him being traded to Edmonton, they already gave up some assets for Musil. I think Portland or Saskatoon will go for him. I would love to see Rielly in the mem cup.
Do you knock non-Leaf fans for constantly bringing Hamilton into threads that have nothing to do with him?

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
  #856
seafoam
The Real Winner
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 45,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
He has looked very good defensively
I know he is not known for his defense, but I thought he looked lost in his own zone in the first. With coaching and more experience he'll be fine; I don't see it limiting him in the NHL. Moving on, he is an absolute offensive stud! He is so quick with the puck and has those instincts you can't teach. He has the potential to be a top 10 offensive defenseman in the league for sure. I would not have had any problem with us choosing him over Griff.

seafoam is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
  #857
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Kypreos is not a regular WHL follower, I seriously doubt this will happen.
Me too. But it's possible. You hear the way Burke and the development coaches speak of him, I doubt he will be back in the WHL again next year. Moose Jaw is not going to contend. They might as well try and get something for him. A player like Rielly for a Mem cup contending team could bring back a lot of assets for MJ in the future.

Who knows.

Future is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
  #858
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Do you knock non-Leaf fans for constantly bringing Hamilton into threads that have nothing to do with him?
Ok fine. ANYONE bringing up Hamilton. Its done. Lets please move on.

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:03 PM
  #859
seafoam
The Real Winner
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 45,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
if edmonton went after him wow.
I doubt it, they have their OFD in Gernat.

seafoam is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:03 PM
  #860
BudMovin*
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Do you knock non-Leaf fans for constantly bringing Hamilton into threads that have nothing to do with him?
Just stop, really. The trade happened over 3 years ago. Time to cut the cord. If you can't handle what other people are saying in the main boards you should go camp out at the Toronto team forum.

 
Old
11-23-2012, 09:06 PM
  #861
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I doubt it, they have their OFD in Gernat.
Gernat is injured, not sure when he is going to be back.

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:07 PM
  #862
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
I know he is not known for his defense, but I thought he looked lost in his own zone in the first. With coaching and more experience he'll be fine; I don't see it limiting him in the NHL. Moving on, he is an absolute offensive stud! He is so quick with the puck and has those instincts you can't teach. He has the potential to be a top 10 offensive defenseman in the league for sure. I would not have had any problem with us choosing him over Griff.
Idk what you're talking about tbh. I didnt really see him get lost at all out there. He seemed to be in position and had a lot of takeaways and got pucks out quickly. He's never going to be a bruiser but those takeaways and breakout passes a long with good stick positioning, that's all you can ask for from him.

Future is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:07 PM
  #863
Fearless Leaf*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Roger dawg, cut down the Hamilton talk, this is a Rielly thread, stay on-topic.

Fearless Leaf* is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:11 PM
  #864
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Franchise Centre
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,313
vCash: 500
Rielly's a smart player, he will figure it out defensively. Looks good so far

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
  #865
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Just stop, really. The trade happened over 3 years ago. Time to cut the cord. If you can't handle what other people are saying in the main boards you should go camp out at the Toronto team forum.
Time for me to cut the cord? Really?

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:14 PM
  #866
LV
TML forever
 
LV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,953
vCash: 100
What a play Morgan Rielly! Gets an assist

LV is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:14 PM
  #867
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Franchise Centre
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,313
vCash: 500
Nice pass Rielly

Great sequence of shifts for Moose Jaw. Warriors at their best; forechecking hard and creating turnovers.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:15 PM
  #868
seafoam
The Real Winner
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 45,730
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Idk what you're talking about tbh. I didnt really see him get lost at all out there. He seemed to be in position and had a lot of takeaways and got pucks out quickly. He's never going to be a bruiser but those takeaways and breakout passes a long with good stick positioning, that's all you can ask for from him.
That's just my opinion, he seemed overwhelmed.

Also, filthy pass to Eberle!

seafoam is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
  #869
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,010
vCash: 500
Wow what a save...


The whole Warrior team looks snake-bitten

Future is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
  #870
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Me too. But it's possible. You hear the way Burke and the development coaches speak of him, I doubt he will be back in the WHL again next year. Moose Jaw is not going to contend. They might as well try and get something for him. A player like Rielly for a Mem cup contending team could bring back a lot of assets for MJ in the future.

Who knows.
I'm not saying he's not getting traded to a contender. I'm saying it very likely won't be Edmonton when Gernat is coming back, who had almost a point per game last year and was on our 1st powerplay as an 18 year old.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
  #871
Future
Registered User
 
Future's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,010
vCash: 500
WHAT A PASS

My god

Just realized my TV is like 5 minutes slow or something lol

Future is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
  #872
Fearless Leaf*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Solid hard and accurate pass by Morgan and even amazing finish by Tanner Eberle.

Fearless Leaf* is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
  #873
arsmaster*
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,746
vCash: 500
Gag me listening to sportsnet during that 1st intermission. He's a good player not Christ.

arsmaster* is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:20 PM
  #874
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Gag me listening to sportsnet during that 1st intermission. He's a good player not Christ.
He's not Jesus ? Not sure why we even drafted him ..

Leafs at Knight is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 09:23 PM
  #875
arsmaster*
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
He's not Jesus ? Not sure why we even drafted him ..
I like this player a lot but the hype is getting ridonkulous.

arsmaster* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.