HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo GDT | Bingo vs Queer as Folk| Win 7 for the Deer (and 10 straight)

Old
11-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
It was my first time watching him, so like I said it could just be the game. But overall his passing was off. He threw a couple right up into the mid section of some people and also had difficulties corralling the puck. He wasn't too impressive to me. I could see him slipping into a 4th line role at best. Some people on here were calling him a potential 2nd liner at best, to me we're lucky if he ever graces the 3rd line.. But once again I stress, this is the first time I was able to actually catch a Bsens game this year. Overall it was nice seeing guys like Prince, Pageau and Petersson for the first time. There isn't too much opportunity to see these guys out in Vancouver.
I still see him as having the potential to be a second liner. Every couple of games, he starts to show flashes of some decent offensive talent. He has had two or three end to end rushes this season where he has skated through 3 or 4 players to get a solid shot off. If you watch him enough, you will see what I am talking about. Although, his consistency would have to vastly improve for him to ever reach that though.

Overall I see him as a similar player to Curtiss Glencross. They both have a similar style of play and both were late bloomers. Glencross was 24 when he had his real breakout season in the AHL. Then it took him until 26 to develop into a 2nd liner at the NHL level.

Now I don't think he will ever be a 2nd liner with the sens based on the organizational depth, but I do see him as a solid third liner. I could see him consistently putting up 30 point seasons and having a few 40 point seasons as well. Hopefully he can develop some chemistry with Smith, because I think they would play well together and make up two parts of a solid third line.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Fun times! I said this to my buds before, this team is more talented than the 2010/11 team..now w/ Lehner/Bishop playing solid we can go far if we keep it up..

Need to get the Offense going but it'll come..

Suck it Syracuse!!

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:26 PM
OD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
It was my first time watching him, so like I said it could just be the game. But overall his passing was off. He threw a couple right up into the mid section of some people and also had difficulties corralling the puck. He wasn't too impressive to me. I could see him slipping into a 4th line role at best. Some people on here were calling him a potential 2nd liner at best, to me we're lucky if he ever graces the 3rd line.. But once again I stress, this is the first time I was able to actually catch a Bsens game this year. Overall it was nice seeing guys like Prince, Pageau and Petersson for the first time. There isn't too much opportunity to see these guys out in Vancouver.

I think if anything DD needs more time in the A to develop and maybe in another year or two he might crack the bottom group. I expect Grant to be ahead of him on the depth chart to come up play bottome 6 - Grant has all the same tools (minus the fighting I guess) but has shown a better scoring touch. It will be interesting to see how many of this years Bingo team actually plays significant time in Ottawa - could be quite a number of them.

OD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:28 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:42 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I never considered eagles as attractive but if that's your sort of thing so be it.

MainDotC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

As long as that phone is not covering up an adam's apple.

11-23-2012, 09:50 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
I never considered eagles as attractive but if that's your sort of thing so be it.
Lmaooooooooooooooo, well played main.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:13 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I still see him as having the potential to be a second liner. Every couple of games, he starts to show flashes of some decent offensive talent. He has had two or three end to end rushes this season where he has skated through 3 or 4 players to get a solid shot off. If you watch him enough, you will see what I am talking about. Although, his consistency would have to vastly improve for him to ever reach that though.

Overall I see him as a similar player to Curtiss Glencross. They both have a similar style of play and both were late bloomers. Glencross was 24 when he had his real breakout season in the AHL. Then it took him until 26 to develop into a 2nd liner at the NHL level.

Now I don't think he will ever be a 2nd liner with the sens based on the organizational depth, but I do see him as a solid third liner. I could see him consistently putting up 30 point seasons and having a few 40 point seasons as well. Hopefully he can develop some chemistry with Smith, because I think they would play well together and make up two parts of a solid third line.
I will bet $100 that DD never becomes a top sixer in the NHL.

I could see him as a fourth liner... Nothing more. Certainly not top six. Just didn't have the offensive ability.

11-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I will bet $100 that DD never becomes a top sixer in the NHL.

I could see him as a fourth liner... Nothing more. Certainly not top six. Just didn't have the offensive ability.
Just because I think he has the potential, doesn't mean that I think he will ever realize that potential. I should have stated that more clearly in my original post. He would have to be far more consistent to ever become a 2nd liner. But then again, I am getting a little too ahead of myself; I will have to see him perform against NHL players before I can establish any real grounds for speculation.

How would you compare Dziurzynski to a player like Greening? Greening had a 40 point season in the AHL but he was 24 at the time and spent the majority of the season playing with Corey Locke. So with two more years of development and playing with an AHL all star, he was able to get 12 more points than Dziurzynski's best AHL totals. He then got fairly consistent top six minutes last season in the NHL and was able to put up 37 points.

So I am interested to hear an analysis of the difference between Greening and Dziurzynski. Because if Greening can be a top six player, then I don't see why Dziurzynski cannot be.

But then again, I guess it depends. If you say that a 2nd liner has to put up 50 points, then I agree Dziurzynski will never be a 2nd liner.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:48 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Just because I think he has the potential, doesn't mean that I think he will ever realize that potential. I should have stated that more clearly in my original post. He would have to be far more consistent to ever become a 2nd liner. But then again, I am getting a little too ahead of myself; I will have to see him perform against NHL players before I can establish any real grounds for speculation.

How would you compare Dziurzynski to a player like Greening? Greening had a 40 point season in the AHL but he was 24 at the time and spent the majority of the season playing with Corey Locke. So with two more years of development and playing with an AHL all star, he was able to get 12 more points than Dziurzynski's best AHL totals. He then got fairly consistent top six minutes last season in the NHL and was able to put up 37 points.

So I am interested to hear an analysis of the difference between Greening and Dziurzynski. Because if Greening can be a top six player, then I don't see why Dziurzynski cannot be.

But then again, I guess it depends. If you say that a 2nd liner has to put up 50 points, then I agree Dziurzynski will never be a 2nd liner.
Greening is only going to be a top 6 player when others are injured. Not to mention Greening is a much better skater, better scorer, better passer and still brings toughness to the table

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Greening is only going to be a top 6 player when others are injured. Not to mention Greening is a much better skater, better scorer, better passer and still brings toughness to the table
I don't know if the disparity in their play is large enough that 2 years of development can't fix it. I could see DD having the same impact in the AHL as Greening did as a 24 year old and have a similar impact in the NHL once he is 25.

My basic argument here is that Dziurzynski is a late bloomer. Tim Murray said that when they first brought DD in, he was too raw to play in the AHL but they decided to keep him around. Then he had a decent year last year and has progressed to become an integral part of the team this season. Tim Murray, Paul MacLean and Luke Richardson all raved about his play in preseason and Richardson now uses him in all situations and relies on him in key situations this season. After this season, he will be the same age that Greening was when he started in Bingo. The difference is that DD will have a solid shot to become a 4th liner for the sens.

Now there is a chance that Dziurzynski doesn't develop any further. But my guess is that considering how raw he was when he got here, he still has more room to grow. Like I said before can see him as being a consistent 30 point guy in the NHL and having a few 40 point seasons.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:20 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

I will bet $100 that DD doesn't play in the NHL.

Ok I lied but I'd put $1000 over CH's $100 on the top 6 forward bet. Don't worry. I got the mulla.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:26 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
I don't know if the disparity in their play is large enough that 2 years of development can't fix it. I could see DD having the same impact in the AHL as Greening did as a 24 year old and have a similar impact in the NHL once he is 25.

My basic argument here is that Dziurzynski is a late bloomer. Tim Murray said that when they first brought DD in, he was too raw to play in the AHL but they decided to keep him around. Then he had a decent year last year and has progressed to become an integral part of the team this season. Tim Murray, Paul MacLean and Luke Richardson all raved about his play in preseason and Richardson now uses him in all situations and relies on him in key situations this season. After this season, he will be the same age that Greening was when he started in Bingo. The difference is that DD will have a solid shot to become a 4th liner for the sens.

Now there is a chance that Dziurzynski doesn't develop any further. But my guess is that considering how raw he was when he got here, he still has more room to grow. Like I said before can see him as being a consistent 30 point guy in the NHL and having a few 40 point seasons.
LOL, a few 40 point season? You do realize people HOPE Silfverberg becomes a 50 point forward with a few 70's. Skill set difference? WOOSHHH.

Pass me whatever you're injecting cause not even weed isn't this strong.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:31 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
LOL, a few 40 point season? You do realize people HOPE Silfverberg becomes a 50 point forward with a few 70's. Skill set difference? WOOSHHH.

Pass me whatever you're injecting cause not even weed isn't this strong.
I completely agree with everything but the bold confused the **** outa me hahaha

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 04:39 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
I think the glitches were a little different depending on whether you played it on super nintendo or sega genesis. On the SNES you could score pretty easily just by ramming into the goalie while carrying the puck.
Yeah I had it on SNES. The only thing I can remember from it was freezing the goalie behind the net if it was on the bottom of the screen. Won numerous Stanley Cups that way

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront

Quote:

I'm sorry but I just did not see the skill to necessitate top 6 minutes. 2nd liner is a massive reach for DD as well as obtaining 40 points.. I can't see him anything more than a few brief stints on the 3rd line and a career 4th liner.

As for the Glencross comparison, I live in Vancouver and unfortunately the majority of televised hockey I get is the Canucks and west coast feeds.. The Canucks play Calgary 6 times a year, I've seen him play a great deal. Is Glencross a second liner because he actually has top 6 skill? OR is he a second liner because the Flames organization has terrible forward depth? His success the last two years were because of increased minutes and better linemates, other than that he's an elite 3rd liner.. It's the same thing with DD, if we find ourselves in a position where we lack depth in top 6 talent (highly unlikely) then yes DD may surely play top 6 minutes.

I think another thing a lot of people have to understand is that DD is in his third pro season, he might shine a bit more than our top prospects who are transitioning to pro for the first time. However 5 points in 14 games still makes me scratch my head at people who believe he can one day play top 6..

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post

Fixed.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:05 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Missed the game last night so are there any highlights?

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Missed the game last night so are there any highlights?
Very boring game. The chat was the best part.

Eckford scored from the point.
Grant had a fluke goal.

That's it, that's all.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:51 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

You got that stream main? You know I gotta gets me some stream.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Still should have shot the puck.
He should have shot IF he knew Petersson wasn't going to hit the net from 6 feet out.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Main's main Schnozzola

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Minister of Offence

Silfverberg looking very good so far.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Silfverberg looking very good so far.
Just checked AHL site and answered my own question. Stream?

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:41 PM
starling

What a shift by Pageau. Took a candy from Hamonic and some other guy in the corner.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote