HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 08:59 PM
hockeyboy4

vCash: 500
looks like shoe wants to go to Wilfrid Laurier University

Old
11-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Ottomatic

Hottot left the Sting - Can Warren Rychel control his impulses to try and trade for him given we have an OA spot open and and he's an undersized scrappy kid who can score some - a rich man's Zach MacQueen if you will.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 11-23-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old
11-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
looks like shoe wants to go to Wilfrid Laurier University
AKA he wants to be traded to Kitchener Rangers. Czinder is a bust there and probably on his way out - Shoenmakers would be a great fit in Kitchener and they have OA spots open.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:19 PM
spitz fan 4ever

heard 2nite that KoKo will be returned to spits jan 5th after world jrs..lets keep our fingers crossed....pavelka was awesome 2nite and nice goal by Murphy

Old
11-23-2012, 09:36 PM
OHLTG

I'd take a kid like Hottot any day of the week; scrappy, some offence, and energetic. To me, he's Emerson Clark on caffeine, and we really could use that!

I have heard that Schoenmakers was "second guessing" going to Ptbo. Not sure what's going on there.

Did Brown even play tonight?

As for the game...

- Murphy is going to be fun. I'm not going to "he's the next Ryan Ellis", because that's far too much pressure. However, he can really hit, he has snarl, and he's got a booming shot. To get the GWG in your hometown, the first game after being acquired...that's pretty impressive. I'm disappointed he didn't get a star because he looked good.

- Lorenz reminds me a TON of Schoenmakers, but without the trash-talking part. He's got some speed, some offensive flair, and a bit of physical play. Not completely sold on him yet, but willing to give it a shot.

- Please tell me again how the Pavelka deal was "horrible." The kid is a beauty when he gets a reasonable amount of work in front of him. He looked like Hasek out there and deserved the first star.

- One day Ho-Sang will try not to dangle through an entire team. One day. (I like the kid, but wow...)

Old
11-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz fan 4ever View Post
heard 2nite that KoKo will be returned to spits jan 5th after world jrs..lets keep our fingers crossed....pavelka was awesome 2nite and nice goal by Murphy
Personally I think he's waiting to see whats going to happen with he Lockout, if it ends he will have an easier time finding the back of the net in the Khl but if it doesn't end I think the chances are very good for a return to the spits where he can be a dominate force.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Spitsfan67*

Brown was in warm up, never got a shift tho... Not a classy move by the coaching staff it's kind of a slap to the face, kid was very excited u put him in warm up then oh yea sorry bud your not playing... I got an idea don't call him up to be a fan for a game.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Brown was in warm up, never got a shift tho... Not a classy move by the coaching staff it's kind of a slap to the face, kid was very excited u put him in warm up then oh yea sorry bud your not playing... I got an idea don't call him up to be a fan for a game.
How about it's a common thing for teams to do with young players. You bring them up for game day and they get to participate in all the things leading up to game time (meetings, video review, warm ups).

It is in no way a slap in the face.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
- Please tell me again how the Pavelka deal was "horrible." The kid is a beauty when he gets a reasonable amount of work in front of him. He looked like Hasek out there and deserved the first star.
Well considering how it was basically Kuhnhackl for Bateman with Pavelka thrown in to balance imports - WR might have lucked into one there.

He is playing really well for us and I hope it is enough to get him drafted this year and get a pro-camp invite. DeKort has looked well in his minutes, and Kuchemy is playing pretty well (at least judging by his numbers). I think Pav could be an OA/Import for us next season.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:00 PM
OHLTG

Would have been nice to see Brown get at least one shift, though.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:52 PM
SpItFiReZ

Brown didn't actually dress for the game

Old
11-23-2012, 11:07 PM
hockeylegend11

It is always nice when newcomers from a trade pay instant dividends,winning goal by Murphy with Lorentz getting an assist on it,both had guild edge scoring chances Lorentz had 3 good chances before the end of the 2nd,
Good to win when 3 of your 4 top pt scorers dont register a pt
Clarke,Clark,Maletta line had a real good nite,Rychels shot block near the end with the goalie out huge,those type of plays by scorers get u drafted
Thought Bateman and Ebert played well,McNaughton struggled,I would be tempted to dress Brown Sunday in place of Verbeek or McNaughton
Put Bowen in the Barrie game Thurs
Pavelka was outstanding,so was HoSang,would like to see Dekort get the start Sunday vs Kingston who will playing their 3rd game in 2.5 days

Old
11-24-2012, 11:02 AM
etr102

Not to state the obvious, but I think somebody needs to sit down with this team and explain to them that if you get up off the bench on a line change, and you play the puck before the guy you are replacing is off the ice, it will result in a penalty every time. As far as penalties go, that one is as cut and dry as they come. We keep seeing this every single game it seems.

The first period was fairly even, but it seemed like the second period was all Saginaw up until the fight. The fight seemed to shift momentum in our favor which is all you can ask of a fight.

Pavelka made some ridiculous saves last night as usual. Without him, I think that Saginaw wins this one 3-2. I would have to think that he's got to be drawing some NHL attention by now.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Sec108

Liked the way Murphy and lorentz played last night.Hope they can keep it going not like a Marchese.

Im baffled by this trade from a Petes fan perspective.Why go after a OA like Shoe who's gone aft season.Why not a malletta,Clarke or Johnson who can add to next year.

I hated to see Shoe go, guy played well for us for what we needed of him.Would a better trade have been Devlin & Johnson for Murphy,Lorentz and Quine????

Im also hoping NHL Scouts are watching Pav.Esp. my Red Wings.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Liked the way Murphy and lorentz played last night.Hope they can keep it going not like a Marchese.

Im baffled by this trade from a Petes fan perspective.Why go after a OA like Shoe who's gone aft season.Why not a malletta,Clarke or Johnson who can add to next year.

I hated to see Shoe go, guy played well for us for what we needed of him.Would a better trade have been Devlin & Johnson for Murphy,Lorentz and Quine????

Im also hoping NHL Scouts are watching Pav.Esp. my Red Wings.
If I were to guess Petes would want Clarke instead of Johnson as part of a deal for Quine,which I would think about if Detriot could be convinced to return him for an o/a year

Old
11-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Ottomatic

Quine already got some AHL games in last year, meaning I think the Wings see him ready enough to play there when he is finally eligible.

I don't get why they'd want Shoenmakers either - or why they'd think he'd report there. Why not just Devlin for Murphy - malcontent for malcontent? And why wouldn't the Pete's want to talk to Shoe to see if he would be winning to play there on the sad sack team in his last half year in the OHL?

If he doesn't report - what happens? Is it caveat emptor, especially when trading for OA's? Given Devlin/Lorentz/Murphy all played for their new teams, the deal was signed off on by the league and finalized. Does Rychel look bad here for trading a player who balks - burning another bridge?

Wings already had Quine play some AHL games - I can't imagine they'd ship him back for another OHL year, they must seem him ready enough for the next step.

Lorentz and Pavelka will probably be two of our OA's next year - unless Pav decides to turn pro back home.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Quine already got some AHL games in last year, meaning I think the Wings see him ready enough to play there when he is finally eligible.

I don't get why they'd want Shoenmakers either - or why they'd think he'd report there. Why not just Devlin for Murphy - malcontent for malcontent? And why wouldn't the Pete's want to talk to Shoe to see if he would be winning to play there on the sad sack team in his last half year in the OHL?

If he doesn't report - what happens? Is it caveat emptor, especially when trading for OA's? Given Devlin/Lorentz/Murphy all played for their new teams, the deal was signed off on by the league and finalized. Does Rychel look bad here for trading a player who balks - burning another bridge?

Wings already had Quine play some AHL games - I can't imagine they'd ship him back for another OHL year, they must seem him ready enough for the next step.

Lorentz and Pavelka will probably be two of our OA's next year - unless Pav decides to turn pro back home.
From what I understand trade was made without conditions so if a player refuses to report ,said team is bucked

Old
11-25-2012, 08:17 AM
hockeylegend11

Well its a battle of 7th place teams from their respective conferences,though Kingston looks a helluva lot safer then Windsor in quest for a playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference,where Sudbury,Ottawa and Peterborough are awful
Kingston a very young fast team,in in fact 20/23 players on the roster can come back next yr,including O/As,plus they have a couple of young D-men Blight and Watson coming up
Windsor has 20/22 able to return including O/As,plus Grahame Brown who is expected to make club,9 players 17 and younger make up that group for Windsor incl Brown
Interesting stat shared by both teams is that they each only have 8 pts gained on the road and are the only 2 teams in league with less then 10 pts on the road that occupy a play off spot
Kingston comes in now to play 3 in 2.5 days while Windsor rested Sat
Kingston lost in the last 5 minutes at Sagnasty 2-1,after beating Plymouth 7-6 Friday,19 year old rookie Colin Furlong has been in the pipes for the 2 starts
Re the Spits there seems to be a buzz a round the team after the changes,I expect a real effort this afternoon,we might see Dekort in goal,Spits who have a very impressive home will be looking to maintain that against hopefully a tired team,Sanvido will sit a 2nd game because of his match penalty the other night at Plymouth,he will sit out another minimum I understand until they determine the length at league office next week
I understand Spits will be without Michael Clarke out about a week or so with an injury,not going to where,so I am sure Bowen will draw in,i would put in Brown for Mchaughton,whom I thought struggled defensively Friday,in fact he was on the ice for the lone goal against,along with Bateman,Mcnaughton allowed Locke to swing around him to pass to Kea who buried it
Actually I thought Bateman played one of his better games,perhaps the addition of Murphy will spur him on gong forward,knowing his job is on the line

Old
11-25-2012, 08:58 AM
hockeylegend11

Interesting tweet that is being reported made by Alan Quine after the game last nite in sarnia after the petes absorbed an 8-2 beating
"Mapping out ending"
Wonder if Windsor would be interested,I would only if I get an O/A year out of him

Old
11-25-2012, 09:22 AM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Interesting tweet that is being reported made by Alan Quine after the game last nite in sarnia after the petes absorbed an 8-2 beating
"Mapping out ending"
Wonder if Windsor would be interested,I would only if I get an O/A year out of him
I may be wrong, but didn't Detroit let Johnson come back to the Spits as an overager when they were memorial cup bound? Perhaps they would be kind enough to do the same for Quine if we picked him up. You'd figure that guy would want to be on a real contender though, given he played for Kingston at their worst and then got traded to the Petes to enjoy that franchise at its worst. Does he even have any playoff experience yet?

Old
11-25-2012, 09:25 AM
RayzorIsDull

Legend this is an important game. Windsor has had the opportunity to face Sudbury, Belleville, Owen Sound, Owen Sound all playing their 3rd game in 2.5 days and they only have 3 points to show for it. I remember back when the team was good and a team was coming in for their 3rd in 2.5 days and that group would pound them and make for a long trip back for that team. Need to get a win today.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:43 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I may be wrong, but didn't Detroit let Johnson come back to the Spits as an overager when they were memorial cup bound? Perhaps they would be kind enough to do the same for Quine if we picked him up. You'd figure that guy would want to be on a real contender though, given he played for Kingston at their worst and then got traded to the Petes to enjoy that franchise at its worst. Does he even have any playoff experience yet?
We do have an open O/A slot ready to fill. Hopefully it will get filled as part of a larger trade. I'd still like to see a veteran D-Man added.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Spitsfan67*

Dekort is getting the start hopefully he plays solid and can keep this team In the game, hopefully they can come out with a good start they've had a really hard time doing it, and hopefully they can get a win for back to back wins for the second time this season.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:33 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend this is an important game. Windsor has had the opportunity to face Sudbury, Belleville, Owen Sound, Owen Sound all playing their 3rd game in 2.5 days and they only have 3 points to show for it. I remember back when the team was good and a team was coming in for their 3rd in 2.5 days and that group would pound them and make for a long trip back for that team. Need to get a win today.
I would agree have to win today,take advantage of a situation,at least at home they have not blown the opp in regulation,in Owen Sd twice though most feel they deserved a better especially in the last one,but I know what u mean

Old
11-25-2012, 10:35 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Dekort is getting the start hopefully he plays solid and can keep this team In the game, hopefully they can come out with a good start they've had a really hard time doing it, and hopefully they can get a win for back to back wins for the second time this season.
Lets hope the Spits give DeKort some support offensively they have only scored 5 goals in his 5 starts

Closed Thread