Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?

Old
11-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

vCash: 500
So how are Acadie-Bathhurst doing?

A year or two ago there was quite a bit of rumours about the Titans moving. Is the team now on stable ground with solid ownership and fan support?

Cornwall OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 05:50 PM

Not really but the owner doesnt wanna move the team even if he's losing money and nobody goes to the games

Doesnt help that they have the worst coach in the league and that their team is underachieving this season thus far

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:33 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
Is the team now on stable ground with solid ownership and fan support?
No. Simple.

As for their current state, they need a new coach, and build for next year.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:45 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

They were on a 6 game losing streak before tonight's win over Val D'or. 3-6-0 in their last 10 games. They have the worst coach in the league and an owner who can't afford to fire and hire a new one. Their overagers don't want to play there and it's showing on the ice. They have one dimensional fowards, a weak defence and unproven goaltending. Attendence is dead last in the league.They continue to lose money on a nightly basis, averging only 1480 fans a night. Things aren't looking good in Bathurst.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:46 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
They were on a 6 game losing streak before tonight's win over Val D'or. 3-6-0 in their last 10 games. They have the worst coach in the league and an owner who can't afford to fire and hire a new one. Their overagers don't want to play there and it's showing on the ice. They have one dimensional fowards, a weak defence and unproven goaltending. Attendence is dead last in the league.They continue to lose money on a nightly basis, averging only 1480 fans a night. Things aren't looking good in Bathurst.
To be fair, Hynes is the only one who can be described as "Doesn't want to be there"... Biss can tend to be a lazy player and O'Brien is fine where he is...

Old
11-23-2012, 10:48 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
To be fair, Hynes is the only one who can be described as "Doesn't want to be there"... Biss can tend to be a lazy player and O'Brien is fine where he is...
I agree on O'Brien but rumours have been swirling about Bissonette too.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Claude The Fraud
Win at any cost

Speaking of O'brien, guys, can you explain me something?

I've haven't had the chance to catch a game when the Titans were in Rimouski. So I have never seen him play. How can this guy be playing his third complete season and still looking for his first penalty? How does he play? I mean, It's hard for me to understand that a player is still looking for his first penalty after two complete years. How can he had never hooked a guy just a little bit too much to prevent a goal or how can he had never answered back a little bit too much after the whistle if a guy facewashed him? Does he bring any intensity to the rink?

Claude The Fraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:35 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude The Fraud View Post

I've haven't had the chance to catch a game when the Titans were in Rimouski. So I have never seen him play. How can this guy be playing his third complete season and still looking for his first penalty? How does he play? I mean, It's hard for me to understand that a player is still looking for his first penalty after two complete years. How can he had never hooked a guy just a little bit too much to prevent a goal or how can he had never answered back a little bit too much after the whistle if a guy facewashed him? Does he bring any intensity to the rink?
Wouldn't hurt a fly... Never goes into a dirty area and is a liability defensively so he's unlikely to take one backchecking. Soft as a grape lol

Old
11-24-2012, 11:41 AM
welcometothebigshow2

I know they won last night, but something needs to be done to this team, fast. New coach, a couple trades, I'm not sure but it's not looking great in Titan land...

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:25 PM
ZombieRegDunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude The Fraud View Post

I love when NFLD kids do well in the league, so I'm not picking on him.........but.............

The list you started is endless. I spoke with a Q-scout who joked that O'Brien must have an after game ritual where he makes Omelets for the team, because the eggs aren't getting broken during the game. It's not just that he has 0 penalties....it's the idea that he hasn't been given 2 minutes that he didn't deserve. You get those types of penalties when you compete in puck battles, or if you consistently drive to the net. Not even a single coincidental minor in defending himself? Even worse.....defending a teammate who just got a cheap-shot?

It's also the reason why I don't think they'll be much of a market for him at the deadline. They differentiate "playoff hockey" for a reason. He doesn't play it. That "0" in his stat line looks like a faberge egg.

ZombieRegDunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:04 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
just curious, but, why does everyone think Dubois is the worst coach in the league?
i'm not saying he isnt...i'm just curious.

think they might still catch moncton in the standings

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRegDunlop View Post
I love when NFLD kids do well in the league, so I'm not picking on him.........but.............

The list you started is endless. I spoke with a Q-scout who joked that O'Brien must have an after game ritual where he makes Omelets for the team, because the eggs aren't getting broken during the game. It's not just that he has 0 penalties....it's the idea that he hasn't been given 2 minutes that he didn't deserve. You get those types of penalties when you compete in puck battles, or if you consistently drive to the net. Not even a single coincidental minor in defending himself? Even worse.....defending a teammate who just got a cheap-shot?

It's also the reason why I don't think they'll be much of a market for him at the deadline. They differentiate "playoff hockey" for a reason. He doesn't play it. That "0" in his stat line looks like a faberge egg.
i'd tend to agree that after 2+ seasons, every hockey player should have received a penalty somewhere along the way. as you say, defending himself or a teammate, every player should get involved somehow and gets a couple of pims, even if ot totally deserved.

i'd also say that a kid doesn't score 50 goals without going into some high-traffic areas, and winning some battles for the puck.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:00 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
just curious, but, why does everyone think Dubois is the worst coach in the league?
i'm not saying he isnt...i'm just curious.

think they might still catch moncton in the standings
Cause he's absolutely brutal. Gets outmatched wether it's a home or away game. He was fired yesterday so I guess LGM thought he was too. Not worried about them catching us lol Wildcats have 32 points in 26 games , Bathurst 24 points in 29 games. Moncton are beating teams like Halifax and Baie Comeau lately and Bathurst are losing to Sherbrooke and Saint John.

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 11-26-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old
11-26-2012, 10:33 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Cause he's absolutely brutal. Gets outmatched wether it's a home or away game. He was fired yesterday so I guess LGM thought he was too. Not worried about them catching us lol Wildcats have 32 points in 26 games , Bathurst 24 points in 29 games. Moncton are beating teams like Halifax and Baie Comeau lately and Bathurst are losing to Sherbrooke and Saint John.
HAHA....BTW, i was completely kidding about catching moncton

I thought Dubois had a good year in Baie comeau several seasons ago?? maybe im just dreaming that up! But, i do feel agree that he did not manage to get things sorted out in bathurst!

cheers! and, just so you know, i'm glad the wildcats seem to have worked out their early season issues!! should make for some awesome games later this season!!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:46 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
HAHA....BTW, i was completely kidding about catching moncton

I thought Dubois had a good year in Baie comeau several seasons ago?? maybe im just dreaming that up! But, i do feel agree that he did not manage to get things sorted out in bathurst!

cheers! and, just so you know, i'm glad the wildcats seem to have worked out their early season issues!! should make for some awesome games later this season!!
Lol I knew you couldn't have been serious about Titan catching up I don't know what happened, he lost the team's respect.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:39 PM
jfb392

Turned down by two coaches so far today, first Steve Hartley and and then Claude Bouchard.

Quote:
MLalancette Incroyable le nombre d'entraîneurs qui me répondent «Non merci» quand je leur demande s'ils sont intéressés au poste d'entraîneur du Titan.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...43954017501184

lolllllll

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
RJQuack

Steve Hartley would be a pipedream. He's done great so far as an assistant in Halifax with the D. There's also very few examples of assistants like him leaving a powerhouse in the middle of the season to join that mess in Bathurst.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Au tour de Paulin Bordeleau, des Phénix du Collège Esther-Blondin (midget AAA), de passer son tour pour le poste d'entraîneur du Titan.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...63379924283393
Quote:
Bordeleau a été un compagnon d'armes de Léo-Guy Morissette avec le Titan de Laval dans les années 90.
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...63499285766144

Make it 3.

Damn, who's gonna be their new head coach?

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
jfb392

Quote:
MLalancette Au moins 6 entraîneurs adjoints d'équipes la LHJMQ me confirment n'avoir aucun intérêt pour le poste. «Je vais passer mon tour.» #assezrare
http://twitter.com/MLalancette/statu...64641700921344

Six refusals apparently.
This is unprecedented.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:27 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

No surprise. It goes to show how bad the team really is and how poorly it's managed...

Old
11-26-2012, 10:30 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
No surprise. It goes to show how bad the team really is and how poorly it's managed...
I think LGM is playing a big role in this... There's untapped potential, if you will, in this team but the organization is too much of an un-organized circus right now...

I've never seen so many people not want a job lol.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Flyers12

It's time for LGM to sold the team to local Bathurst business men.

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:26 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Danny DuPont.

He's a big step in the right direction...

Now fire the GM, and sell the team.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:56 AM
ElementZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Danny DuPont.

He's a big step in the right direction...

Now fire the GM, and sell the team.
GM can't fire himself...

ElementZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementZ View Post
GM can't fire himself...
O ****... LGM is the owner too ? Wow I never put it together... Fail here... That explains a lot.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote