HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alec Martinez

Old
11-23-2012, 11:35 PM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
First things frist this king fan isnt asking for a frist or stepan so no worries there. The only reason i ask miller is i see hime as a player stuck behind two better top six players(Nash and Kreider ) so no real shot to even make you team.

As for a reason as to why trade for him with 3 other better players, I notice del zotto is a rfa right now maybe hes asking to much money to fit within a budjects? Alec is a cheaper contract for a couple more years. Also maybe Staal isn't ready to come back Just a few thoughts as to why

I know you weren't talking 1st or Stepan (I was honestly more shocked that it was a Rangers fan suggesting that to be honest). Also, Miller is being projected as a center more than a LW. I think the idea is to slot him in on the 3rd line to bump Boyle down to the 4th. Even if Miller DID project as a LW, the Rangers would likely still keep him and slot Nash on the right. MDZ isn't going anywhere, and Staal is ALREADY back (you might be thinking of Mike Sauer, who is still out with a concussion).

Again, I'm not trying to knock AMart, but the Rangers just don't have anywhere to play him, and can't afford to give up any of the kinds of pieces LA would be looking for. If LA DID look to move Martinez, they would get a better offer from a team that A- had the forward depth to offer something decent and B- actually needed a left sided defenseman. The Rangers don't fit either of those categories.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:59 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
I know you weren't talking 1st or Stepan (I was honestly more shocked that it was a Rangers fan suggesting that to be honest). Also, Miller is being projected as a center more than a LW. I think the idea is to slot him in on the 3rd line to bump Boyle down to the 4th. Even if Miller DID project as a LW, the Rangers would likely still keep him and slot Nash on the right. MDZ isn't going anywhere, and Staal is ALREADY back (you might be thinking of Mike Sauer, who is still out with a concussion).

Again, I'm not trying to knock AMart, but the Rangers just don't have anywhere to play him, and can't afford to give up any of the kinds of pieces LA would be looking for. If LA DID look to move Martinez, they would get a better offer from a team that A- had the forward depth to offer something decent and B- actually needed a left sided defenseman. The Rangers don't fit either of those categories.
Oh ok well i read in a few places he was a lw. The kings with there depth at center really dont need another one. Thanks for the heads up So then i ll move on to Hrivik in any trade talks from now on. I hope hes a natural lw. Another reason ur fellow fans have stated as to why to get him is u need some help on the pp Alec does have a good low accurate shot that is very useful on the pp.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:19 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post

Miller has great speed, and at C he will be a better complement than Stepan to the speed of Haglin or Kreider or Callahan.

That does NOT mean we just give Stepan away. I don't consider the late first of Pearson + another late first + AMart to be giving Stepan away. There are other variations open to discussion.

I'm not sure, but I think AMart can at least handle the right, and we need someone for the PP. Agreed, Del Zotto rates higher than AMart, but with AMart in place trading MDZ is not end of the world if we get profitable return.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Jax Teller

What's Loktionov worth to Kings fans?

Jax Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybaby View Post
What's Loktionov worth to Kings fans?
depends on the team asking but a general answer for me would be a lw propect in a similar situation Which to me is ready to play but stuck behind better players/

Old
11-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Kershaw

Lokti for Hrvik?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:02 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Lokti for Hrvik?
No althou hrvik fits the stuck behind better players he hasnt played any nhl games like Lokti Also Lokti seem to be playing alot better in the ahl sadly this might mean his value has gone up to alot of kings fan. He needs to be traded but hes playing to well to give him up for a player that hasnt seen nhl action yet. I think he would need at least a 3rd maybe a 2nd added to Hrvik

Old
11-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
depends on the team asking but a general answer for me would be a lw propect in a similar situation Which to me is ready to play but stuck behind better players/
I'm a Leafs fan.

I'd offer Carter Ashton.

He's a LW, first rounder in 2009. 15 NHL games in his first pro season. 20 goals in the AHL. Big, hits, fights, defensively sound, blocks shots, good along boards and in front of the net.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I'm a Leafs fan.

I'd offer Carter Ashton.

He's a LW, first rounder in 2009. 15 NHL games in his first pro season. 20 goals in the AHL. Big, hits, fights, defensively sound, blocks shots, good along boards and in front of the net.
A good offer but not quite enuff. Lokti upside is a top six center where as i see ashton as 3rd line player and more needed but not alot.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Lokti's upside is actually the injured reserve for many seasons.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:45 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I'm a Leafs fan.

I'd offer Carter Ashton.

I think this is perfect value for Loktionov.

I like both of these players equally. Both will be useful NHLers and both have great upside. Both are young and getting better with time. One is a top 6er and the other is a second/third line LW who could be a nails guy.

Two different types of game but equal value.

I would do this as a kings fan.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

I like both of these players equally. Both will be useful NHLers and both have great upside. Both are young and getting better with time. One is a top 6er and the other is a second/third line LW who could be a nails guy.

Tg any chance you could comment on Alec ? I value your opinion on the kings younger talent as it was your opinion that got me interested in slava and kyle and serveral others before they made it to the main roster.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
Raymond for Martinez?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:42 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Raymond for Martinez?
I am only speaking for myself but i would do this but id have a couple conditions on the trade. I would want my teams doctor to see all medical records. on raymond to make sure hes healed properly. Also would want to wait 20 or so games into a season to make sure muzzin or hickey can handle the nhl pace. Overall good proposal and thanks for it.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Creeping Death

Quote:
I'm a Leafs fan.

I'd offer Carter Ashton.

As a Kings fan, Id make this deal. I love Lokti, but this is exactly the kind of trade the Kings should be looking at if they move Lokti.

Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
As a Kings fan, Id make this deal. I love Lokti, but this is exactly the kind of trade the Kings should be looking at if they move Lokti.
Agree. Good offer.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I'm a Leafs fan.

I'd offer Carter Ashton.

Good value for Loki. I'd do it.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Jax Teller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Agree. Good offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Good value for Loki. I'd do it.
Looks like I nailed that one.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
Quote:
I am only speaking for myself but i would do this but id have a couple conditions on the trade. I would want my teams doctor to see all medical records. on raymond to make sure hes healed properly. Also would want to wait 20 or so games into a season to make sure muzzin or hickey can handle the nhl pace. Overall good proposal and thanks for it.
No problem! Big fan of Martinez, would love to see a 3 rd paring of Tanev-Martinez, they would compliment eachother perfectly.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 08:31 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Tg any chance you could comment on Alec ? I value your opinion on the kings younger talent as it was your opinion that got me interested in slava and kyle and serveral others before they made it to the main roster.
Sure happy to help out another kings fan whenever possible.

Alec Martinez is already a solid second pairing PMD who while not being overly physical plays a very smart positional game and is one of the most natural skaters in the game making him a well above average threat in both ends of the ice.

He isn't the big sexy named kid that everyone drooled over during his draft year but people in the know weren't surprised in the least to see the Kings pick him up when they did. Alec is one of those players who is just dead solid at everything he does and always seems to make at least one play a game that leaves you feeling like he might be something special.

That said I think his maximum development will be as a second pairing pmd who can QB your second PP unit with better than average success and still be responsible in his own end. The guy isn't going to be in your top pairing but you will be happy that he is part of your D corps.

If I had to knock his game it would be that he is what he is, a solid second pairing pmd with good O upside that is solid at both ends of the ice but not likely to be a game breaker. That is the reason why Slava Voynov is ahead of him on the Kings blue line depth at the moment. Slava is a potential game breaker who is good at what he does but can also potentially take over a game in the Ozone. Time will tell if he can remain where he is (which I believe he will) or will end up swapping places with AMart but then that says more about Amart's value then it does any possible draw back to Slava's game.

Amart is coming along as expected by allot of hockey pundits and is a perfectly well kept secret to most of the hockey world and that is a great thing as far as I can see.

As to his value? I like the answer that allot of people have given who say he is more valuable to the Kings then he could bring back in return for most Gm's around the league and that is a good thing for us as we really should just try and keep the kid.

As for making room on our roster due to our ridiculous overabundance of talented kid blue liners? Well with Scuds contract status in question, WM getting older and Greenie being Greenie who knows but I will say that I love being in the position that we are in today.

For the first time in Kings history we are so deep on the blue line that we are going to have to move talented players due to having too much talent. Pretty great.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:42 PM
needzmoarcleary
I'm Back

First hockey team I ever played on was with Martinez and we went to high school together. I would love to see him in a wings uni however I don't think the wings have anything the kings want/need.

needzmoarcleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Kings only have a "glut" of D men right this moment. When Scuds and Mitchell retire, we'll suddenly be short on defensemen (like everyone else in the league). I'm hoping AMart can replace Mitchell, otherwise if he's dealt he better be fetching the guy to replace Mitchell.

I'm also hoping Greene can replace Scuds for a few years too.

Then the Muzzins of the world can replace either Greene or AMart. Hickey is probably not going to make LA.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I dunno

With Muzzin, Deslauriers, Forbort, Gravel all having better than average NHL skillsets and the fact that we already have DD,VV and AM up with the big club as youngsters who have proven/established themselves I would say that we are way above average in blue line depth today and in the future as well. That is leaving out a couple of very solid prospects as well.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by datsykiandeke View Post
First hockey team I ever played on was with Martinez and we went to high school together. I would love to see him in a wings uni however I don't think the wings have anything the kings want/need.
I don't know, Kings would be interested in Tatar or Jarnkrok or Abdelkader. Not saying that's his value but that's who they'd target.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote