HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012 NCAA Football Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

vCash: 500
last year Rutgers would of had the 3rd best recruiting in football in the BIG ahead of Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State. Only OSU and MICH out recruited RU

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
last year Rutgers would of had the 3rd best recruiting in football in the BIG ahead of Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Penn State. Only OSU and MICH out recruited RU
They have a frosh QB being redshirted now from PA who is supposed to be very good

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
They have a frosh QB being redshirted now from PA who is supposed to be very good
Futures pretty bright.

Their defense is absolutely nasty, coached very well. Not sure how many returnees they have next year, but if a majority is returning and they can start moving the ball more effectively, they will be really, really good.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 05:03 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

As a fellow Big Ten alum at Maryland let me welcome you to the conference.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 214
very happy with the move to the Big 10 for Rutgers, the football program will play a legit schedule, which has been my biggest gripe with the program as every year they seem to play 4-5 "cupcakes" such as Tulane, Army, Morgan State etc...

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 10:58 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Rutgers does? I'll believe it when I see it. Rutgers and good QB's don't go together.

Tom Savage was supposed to be a very good QB recruit from PA. He lost the starting job to friggin Chase Dodd.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:41 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Rutgers does? I'll believe it when I see it. Rutgers and good QB's don't go together.

Tom Savage was supposed to be a very good QB recruit from PA. He lost the starting job to friggin Chase Dodd.
Blake Rankin?

They also have Richard Czeczotka from NY who's a freshman.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Blake Rankin?

Yes, Blake Rankin.
Who was heavily recruited by BCS schools before he was injured his senior year in high school.
I have heard from a source I know on the staff that he looks like he could become a very good one based on his play in practice this season.

Richard Czeczotka is a walk on and not really in the mix to play.

Tom Savage was concussion prone, that was the reason why he lost the starting job to Chase Dodd.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Morgantown's gonna miss this guy a whole lot. Tavon may get the loudest ovation at the senior game against Kansas.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

Quote:
Yes, Blake Rankin.
Who was heavily recruited by BCS schools before he was injured his senior year in high school.
I have heard from a source I know on the staff that he looks like he could become a very good one based on his play in practice this season.

Tom Savage was concussion prone, that was the reason why he lost the starting job to Chase Dodd.
They also have a pocket passer coming in from NY, and they just got Miller to commit at OG

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:39 PM
HenriquesJawLine

No better time to be a Rutgers fan. RU would do very well in the B1G this season, defense is #3 in the nation in points allowed per game and the OL has given up only 7 sacks all year and a few of those were intentional grounding. Rutgers is a perfect fit for the B1G, pro style offense that wants to run the ball down your throat. We got two 4* OL from PA last year that look like the OL Wisconsin has every year.

HenriquesJawLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 12:51 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Blake Rankin?

Quote:
Yes, Blake Rankin.

Hope the kids good, but like I said I'll believe it when I see it. Rutgers has gone through a number of QB's since Teel and none of them have impressed me. Nova looked good earlier this year but he came down to normal after week 5 or so.

Old
11-23-2012, 07:26 AM
HenriquesJawLine

I will absolutely take the season Nova is having as a true soph. Mike Teel as a soph completed under 60% of his passes and had 12 td and 13 int. He'll get better these next two years. I also have a rivals account and the mod over there says that Blake Rankin is like nothing Rutgers has had before at QB. Kid is a playmaker, his SR year of high school he had over 2,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing. If everything goes as planned he will sit behind Nova the next two years then start as a RS JR. Then Chris Laviano from Long Island will take over after that.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJParise09 View Post
No better time to be a Rutgers fan. RU would do very well in the B1G this season, defense is #3 in the nation in points allowed per game and the OL has given up only 7 sacks all year and a few of those were intentional grounding. Rutgers is a perfect fit for the B1G, pro style offense that wants to run the ball down your throat. We got two 4* OL from PA last year that look like the OL Wisconsin has every year.
The only problem I see is the front seven need to beef up more to take on OL's the likes of Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin. The B1G teams are well known for their big boys.

11-23-2012, 09:29 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJParise09 View Post
I will absolutely take the season Nova is having as a true soph. Mike Teel as a soph completed under 60% of his passes and had 12 td and 13 int. He'll get better these next two years. I also have a rivals account and the mod over there says that Blake Rankin is like nothing Rutgers has had before at QB. Kid is a playmaker, his SR year of high school he had over 2,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing. If everything goes as planned he will sit behind Nova the next two years then start as a RS JR. Then Chris Laviano from Long Island will take over after that.
I heard similar things about how good Savage was going to be so I'm skeptical. Also wouldn't bet on that Laviano guy yet. Thats 4-5 years away. Anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
The only problem I see is the front seven need to beef up more to take on OL's the likes of Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin. The B1G teams are well known for their big boys.
The line is good though. It'll be interesting to see them in the first year.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I could see Rutgers changing their recruiting philosophy on defense. Pretty much everybody in the Big East but Pitt ran the spread so we like a fast defense, especially on the DL. I could see us starting to recruit some more beef due to now being in a pro style league.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:10 AM
HenriquesJawLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I heard similar things about how good Savage was going to be so I'm skeptical. Also wouldn't bet on that Laviano guy yet. Thats 4-5 years away. Anything can happen.
Savage is extremely talented but he felt entitled from the start and expected the job to be handed to him. He faced some adversity and then didn't want to fight for his job back against a kid with one D1 offer.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:23 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

lol Finally almost 2 months after getting win #5, WVU is bowl eligible.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
lol Finally almost 2 months after getting win #5, WVU is bowl eligible.
About Damn Time. Had a great team this year and Im not sure they will have this type of talent next year. Possibly Losing the Big three in Bailey/Austin/Geno. Obviously Bailey is a maybe because he is a Junior, but still

Last edited by Devils Trap: 11-24-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:48 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
About Damn Time. Had a great team this year and Im not sure they will have this type of talent next year. Possibly Losing the Big three in Bailey/Austin/Geno. Obviously Bailey is a maybe because he is a Junior, but still
I'd love for Stedman to stay one more year, but I'm not sure if he does since his best friends are leaving after this year. But they still got two more games to play. One last home game which will decide the last game and if they go to NYC or San Diego.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:24 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol typical Rutgers, they even had a chance to win the thing outright without the Thursday game because of Louisville losing but as usual they lay another egg against a bad team. They better win Thursday cause they're not winning conference titles when they get to the Big Ten.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 03:28 PM
HenriquesJawLine

Terrible coaching in that game

Old
11-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
lol typical Rutgers, they even had a chance to win the thing outright without the Thursday game because of Louisville losing but as usual they lay another egg against a bad team. They better win Thursday cause they're not winning conference titles when they get to the Big Ten.
As bad as Rutgers looked today (mostly the coaching game plan), Louisville also turned in a clunker and lost to lowly Uconn.

RU has to flush today's game out of their memory and come to play Thursday night at home.

We also can't say that RU will nto be able to win the Big-10 at some point, there are too many variables the future will hold.
NJ produces many great high school players which gives RU an advantage over some other B10 schools.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:21 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Rutgers hasn't even been able to win the Big East against lesser competition. Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin are better programs than anything that's been in the Big East since Miami. Maybe Nebraska too though it remains to be seen how they'll do in the Big Ten. And the other conference foes are tougher too, plus they won't be able to pad the record with five or six hideous out of conference games + weak in-conference games anymore. Their only pluses is they get a **** load of new money, which helps...and they arrive in the Big Ten when Penn State will start to go down the cliff due to attrition, so they can at least get a stronger foothold on recruiting locally.

The Louisville loss didn't matter cause Rutgers lost. Unless Rutgers won today it was going to be a winner-take all game next week anyway even if Louisville won. Rutgers with that offense always has a very slim margin of error. If the offense turns it over or the defense has a slightly off game, they're not going to win.

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:35 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Man, what a solid evening of football today has been.