HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 12:48 AM
  #776
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,314
vCash: 500
Hudon: shorthanded assist and shootout goal.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 01:11 AM
  #777
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
I like the other one better.

overlords is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 04:24 AM
  #778
Fregus
Modo Hockey
 
Fregus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
A quite promising start for Nyström in Karlskrona it seems, no points, but both coaches and fans liked what they saw of Erik in his first game with the team.

Fregus is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 04:41 AM
  #779
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Dustin Walsh? He's seemed to be finally reaching the scoresheet. I'd love for him to be in the running for a contract next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
A quite promising start for Nyström in Karlskrona it seems, no points, but both coaches and fans liked what they saw of Erik in his first game with the team.
Good to hear. He was the prospect I was most interested in just because of Timmins' sleeper pick comment. Seems like a long shot but nothing wrong with having talented long shots in your system.

Your posts are much appreciated, Fregus.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 05:13 AM
  #780
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Dustin Walsh? He's seemed to be finally reaching the scoresheet. I'd love for him to be in the running for a contract next year.



Good to hear. He was the prospect I was most interested in just because of Timmins' sleeper pick comment. Seems like a long shot but nothing wrong with having talented long shots in your system.

Your posts are much appreciated, Fregus.
Can't find much about Walsh. 3 points in 6 games. His team has played 8 games so it looks like he is or was injured.

Another 2009 pick, Mike Cichy, seems to be doing pretty good with Western Michigan University. He has 8 points in 10 games and is, along with Dane Walters (who's 1 year older), the leading scorer for his team.

I'd love to hear more about those two (Cichy and Walsh).

Gabe84 is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 07:51 AM
  #781
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Can't find much about Walsh. 3 points in 6 games. His team has played 8 games so it looks like he is or was injured.

Another 2009 pick, Mike Cichy, seems to be doing pretty good with Western Michigan University. He has 8 points in 10 games and is, along with Dane Walters (who's 1 year older), the leading scorer for his team.

I'd love to hear more about those two (Cichy and Walsh).
Don't read too much in Walsh's stats. He came back from a long and difficult recovery and was eased in the lineup, seeing limited ice-time after his return.

Fozz is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 08:30 AM
  #782
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Don't read too much in Walsh's stats. He came back from a long and difficult recovery and was eased in the lineup, seeing limited ice-time after his return.
True as I believed he was underrated in his draft year and one of my underdog favorites. Yet, they'll need to take a decision in the upcoming summer to sign him or not....not sure where that will go.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 08:55 AM
  #783
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,325
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
For those who follow kristo, what would you have expected his output to be had he opted to play in the AHL this year? I almost never get to watch this guy.
In this year's lockout boosted AHL but with the Bulldogs being young as hell on D and having no legit offensive center? Probably what Gallagher is doing now, on pace for around 2 points every 3 games, so around 50. Maybe more since he's more experienced.

In a normal AHL season on a team with a proven offensive minded center at that level? I'd hope he rack up 60+, with 70+ being a possibility if he found great chemistry.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:27 AM
  #784
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who sees potential similarities between Brisebois and Beaulieu. I have a bad feeling that he may be a future whipping boy in Montreal. I believe that Brisebois was unfairly treated by the fans in Montreal but he came with great expectations and was prone to the odd gaffe. He never did fulfill his offensive promise and the mob definitely turned on him.

They are different players but there are definitely some similarities in their respectives games as both may have been overrated offensively and both seem to be mistake/bad penalty prone players.

I hope I am wrong but every time I have watched him from junior until now I have been underwhelmed with his mental makeup. The physical tools are clearly there but I am not sure about the rest.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:40 AM
  #785
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Wow, so fluid. I stand(or sit in my pc chair) in awe.

JAVO16 is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:50 AM
  #786
WaltWhitman
Registered User
 
WaltWhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Notre Dame offers a free high quality feed of their games, including today against the Habs boys and North Dakota at 5:05 Eastern. You don't even need to sign up for it.

Link - Scroll down to banner at the bottom that shows upcoming games. Click on "Live Video" on the North Dakota game. ( I think that will work if you are in Canada, but you better test it out to make sure)


Last edited by WaltWhitman: 11-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
WaltWhitman is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:09 AM
  #787
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss
 
FytinSioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ND
Country: United States
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Notre Dame offers a free high quality feed of their games, including today against the Habs boys and North Dakota at 5:05 Eastern. You don't even need to sign up for it.

Link - Scroll down to banner at the bottom that shows upcoming games. Click on "Live Video" on the North Dakota game. ( I think that will work if you are in Canada, but you better test it out to make sure)
It was an ok stream last night. Really clear, but somewhat choppy at times. Probably from all the Dakota fans. With the NHL locked out they have the highest average attendance in North America. What a beauty goal from Kristo. The quickness in his hands and the ability to make moves in full stride still amazes me.

FytinSioux is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:59 AM
  #788
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Am I the only one who sees potential similarities between Brisebois and Beaulieu. I have a bad feeling that he may be a future whipping boy in Montreal. I believe that Brisebois was unfairly treated by the fans in Montreal but he came with great expectations and was prone to the odd gaffe. He never did fulfill his offensive promise and the mob definitely turned on him.

They are different players but there are definitely some similarities in their respectives games as both may have been overrated offensively and both seem to be mistake/bad penalty prone players.

I hope I am wrong but every time I have watched him from junior until now I have been underwhelmed with his mental makeup. The physical tools are clearly there but I am not sure about the rest.
I've made the Brisebois comparison in the past myself. Bealieu is much more physical in terms of not being intimidated the way Brisebois was, and he has a better shot, but it's a pretty fair comparison.

Beaulieu has enormous upside, but he also has glaring flaws, especially defensively. I think people who set their expectations too high for this kid (like so many did with Brisebois) are setting themselves up for disappointment. Myself, I see him being a talented but erratic #4 guy with superior PP skills. If Beaulieu can achieve that I'll be happy with him.

Bullsmith is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:41 AM
  #789
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,325
vCash: 597
The main problem with Brisebois was he was trusted to be a #1 or #2 d-man in the dark ages of the late 90's/early 00's, a role he wasn't suited for. He was also then paid as a top pairing guy. That's why he became a whipping boy.

If Beaulieu plays 1000+ games and picks up 400 points or more like Breezer did, not sure how anyone can complain.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 12:01 PM
  #790
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The main problem with Brisebois was he was trusted to be a #1 or #2 d-man in the dark ages of the late 90's/early 00's, a role he wasn't suited for. He was also then paid as a top pairing guy. That's why he became a whipping boy.

If Beaulieu plays 1000+ games and picks up 400 points or more like Breezer did, not sure how anyone can complain.
Just like MAB who made league minimum and put up 34points in 60 games? If the coach is an idiot (eg. martin) and doesn't use Beaulieu properly the masses will turn on him the same way everyone here hated MAB for no reason.

OneSharpMarble is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
  #791
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Just like MAB who made league minimum and put up 34points in 60 games? If the coach is an idiot (eg. martin) and doesn't use Beaulieu properly the masses will turn on him the same way everyone here hated MAB for no reason.
Brisebois was a lot better than MAB though. Brisebois was actually good defensively despite the brain cramps. Bergeron is pretty much a PP specialist.

LeMAD is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 01:36 PM
  #792
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,806
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The main problem with Brisebois was he was trusted to be a #1 or #2 d-man in the dark ages of the late 90's/early 00's, a role he wasn't suited for. He was also then paid as a top pairing guy. That's why he became a whipping boy.

If Beaulieu plays 1000+ games and picks up 400 points or more like Breezer did, not sure how anyone can complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Just like MAB who made league minimum and put up 34points in 60 games? If the coach is an idiot (eg. martin) and doesn't use Beaulieu properly the masses will turn on him the same way everyone here hated MAB for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Brisebois was a lot better than MAB though. Brisebois was actually good defensively despite the brain cramps. Bergeron is pretty much a PP specialist.
Brisebois was actually considered a contender for 1st overall a couple of seasons before his draft,he actually had a productive career.Too many people expected Patrice to live up to early expectations IMO and the pressure must have been huge.MAB shouldn't be compared to either Beaulieu or Brisebois as his career has been made on his PP abilities or very selected minutes defensively.Beaulieu is just starting his pro career in the AHL,with Lefebrve,Dufresne and Brisebois helping to teach the Habs young Dmen,I think Nathan's defensive game will improve immensely.Offensively Beaulieu and Subban can lead the Habs PP for yrs. to come after he learns to be responsible defensively(pinching in at the right times).Already he's better than MAB at 28yrs.IMO.


Last edited by S Bah: 11-24-2012 at 04:39 PM.
S Bah is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  #793
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
For those who follow kristo, what would you have expected his output to be had he opted to play in the AHL this year? I almost never get to watch this guy.
Hard to say but in a normal year i'd expect him to put up around 50 pts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
A quite promising start for Nyström in Karlskrona it seems, no points, but both coaches and fans liked what they saw of Erik in his first game with the team.
Good to hear, would be nice if he can put something together in the 2nd league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Dustin Walsh? He's seemed to be finally reaching the scoresheet. I'd love for him to be in the running for a contract next year.
I haven't seen Dartmouth yet but should at some point this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I'd love to hear more about those two (Cichy and Walsh).
I will get my first look at Cichy since his North Dakota days as I believe the game against Mac Bennett's team is on tv next weekend. I know I will get my first look of the season for Colin Sullivan and Josiah Didier next weekend as well so I will post comments on all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Notre Dame offers a free high quality feed of their games, including today against the Habs boys and North Dakota at 5:05 Eastern. You don't even need to sign up for it
Thanks for the link, it's not on tv which is strange since the SCSU series wasn't on either.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 03:25 PM
  #794
WaltWhitman
Registered User
 
WaltWhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Thanks for the link, it's not on tv which is strange since the SCSU series wasn't on either.
Only North Dakota home games are on Fox College Sports, that's why.

WaltWhitman is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 03:54 PM
  #795
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Notre Dame offers a free high quality feed of their games, including today against the Habs boys and North Dakota at 5:05 Eastern. You don't even need to sign up for it.

Link - Scroll down to banner at the bottom that shows upcoming games. Click on "Live Video" on the North Dakota game. ( I think that will work if you are in Canada, but you better test it out to make sure)
The stream is working, watching the pregame right now. Thanks for the link!

That is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 04:12 PM
  #796
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Only North Dakota home games are on Fox College Sports, that's why.
Last season I got almost every ND game through Comcast sports pack, I thought with the lockout that I would see more NCAA hockey on tv but so far it seems to be less. I know that once NCAA football ends though, more college hockey should be on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
It was an ok stream last night. Really clear, but somewhat choppy at times.
so far so good with the feed.

montreal is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 05:02 PM
  #797
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
MacMillan goal from a beautiful feed by Kristo on a 2 on 1. I could get used to this


Last edited by That: 11-24-2012 at 05:11 PM.
That is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 05:14 PM
  #798
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Am I the only one who sees potential similarities between Brisebois and Beaulieu. I have a bad feeling that he may be a future whipping boy in Montreal. I believe that Brisebois was unfairly treated by the fans in Montreal but he came with great expectations and was prone to the odd gaffe. He never did fulfill his offensive promise and the mob definitely turned on him.

They are different players but there are definitely some similarities in their respectives games as both may have been overrated offensively and both seem to be mistake/bad penalty prone players.

I hope I am wrong but every time I have watched him from junior until now I have been underwhelmed with his mental makeup. The physical tools are clearly there but I am not sure about the rest.
I think fans/media are going to give Beaulieau a REALLY hard time. They are already starting to. Hopefully management takes their time with him.

The big problem for Brisebois is that he was expected to be a number 1-2 D when really he was a 3-4...but our teams were bad back then. If we have better depth and we can limit his role Beauleau will be very effective in the NHL.

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 05:43 PM
  #799
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
MacMillan <3

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 06:47 PM
  #800
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
The North Dakota - Notre Dame game today was intense. It was a great game of hockey. MacMillan picked up a goal while Kristo picked up an assist on that goal. They played on the same line, MacMillan was on the left wing, while Kristo was on the right.

MacMillan played a pretty solid game. He did have a few bad moments though. He looked fatigued early on in the game and he also had a turnover on the blue that resulted in a breakaway and a tripping penalty for MacMillan. He also picked up another tripping penalty. Apart from the slow start and the lack of discipline, I thought he was good. He finished all of his checks and created a ton of chances. MacMillan, along with Kristo and Knight had quite a few shifts were they dominated the offensive zone. He picked up his goal on a 2 on 1 with Kristo. Kristo made a nice feed and MacMillan buried it. MacMillan is becoming one of my favourite prospects. He finishing his checks and plays hard. He's also got some good hands and great vision. Very intriguing prospect.

Kristo also played a good game. I was really impressed with how hard he competed and how strong he was on the boards. He was hard to knock off the puck and worked the boards well. He showed off some great hands throughout the game too. He was really shifty and fast too. He picked up his only point off a 2 on 1 with MacMillan. He recognized the open space and jumped in the centre of the ice and made a great pass. Kristo had a ton of scoring chances. He had a few chances that he should have buried. He also had a his fair share of turnovers, including two in his own zone. Overall, he was very dangerous tonight and had times where he completely controlled the game.

That is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.