HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 12:24 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I do and other Russian fans care about it.
And he was pretty bad in the 2nd one.
he had 8 minutes of ice time..

Old
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Bure

Quote:
I do and other Russian fans care about it.
And he was pretty bad in the 2nd one.
He wasn't necessarily bad in the 2nd game Fulcrum. So much you can do with Paul Bissonette ice time.

Old
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Fulcrum

Ok well, I still haven't seen this dominant Grigorenko for U20 yet. Which is fair in a way since its tougher competition, but he looked better with his U18 year for NT, that is all.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Bure

Quote:
Ok well, I still haven't seen this dominant Grigorenko for U20 yet. Which is fair in a way since its tougher competition, but he looked better with his U18 year for NT, that is all.
For me he played good the first game, and I though he was dominant at last years SSS. Also had good few games before he got injured at WJC.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:00 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Grigs with a Hat Trick tonight against Sherbrooke. He is up to 23 goals, 20 Assists for 43 points in 23 games. I am really surprised he has more goals then assists. He actually leads the Q in goals.

Last edited by McTankel: 11-23-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old
11-24-2012, 12:51 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
11 shots tonight...

He's learning that he's way more dangerous when he doesn't always look for the pass.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Grigs with a Hat Trick tonight against Sherbrooke. He is up to 23 goals, 20 Assists for 43 points in 23 games. I am really surprised he has more goals then assists. He actually leads the Q in goals.
excellent to hear!

11-24-2012, 09:25 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Highlights of the game with Grigorenko's hat trick:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=en...videoID=116464

Old
11-24-2012, 09:31 AM
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Highlights of the game with Grigorenko's hat trick:

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/#cat=en...videoID=116464
Awesome. He could have had 4 goals if not for an amazing save by the goalie. I was really impressed by that first goal.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post

That gpg pace is pretty impressive. For all the flak Grigs was getting around draft time, he deserves more props for his play this season. At this early stage of the season it looks like he belonged in the top 5 afterall. Personally I never had a strong opinion for or against him due to limited viewing, but I do admit that Button and Bobby Mac saying he was dropping out of the top 10 did make me somewhat of a skeptic...that combined with some minimal viewings of him while he may have been playing with an injury and mono...in hindsight he prolly deserved his stock to go up not down for playing through that. I wouldn't call it a stretch to say that his game could translate better to the NHL than Yakupov's.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
That gpg pace is pretty impressive. For all the flak Grigs was getting around draft time, he deserves more props for his play this season. At this early stage of the season it looks like he belonged in the top 5 afterall. Personally I never had a strong opinion for or against him due to limited viewing, but I do admit that Button and Bobby Mac saying he was dropping out of the top 10 did make me somewhat of a skeptic...that combined with some minimal viewings of him while he may have been playing with an injury and mono...in hindsight he prolly deserved his stock to go up not down for playing through that. I wouldn't call it a stretch to say that his game could translate better to the NHL than Yakupov's.
Here's my article on him before the draft..about the time he was starting to get criticized by everybody. Rumors starting to come up about his age, dedication to the game,etc.

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2012/...faultvmlo.html

Old
11-24-2012, 11:37 AM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Here's my article on him before the draft..about the time he was starting to get criticized by everybody. Rumors starting to come up about his age, dedication to the game,etc.

That is a beautifully written article that explains why exactly his draft stock fell so drastically after being considered for 1st overall a few months before the draft took place. Ever since being drafted by the Sabres he has been everything that you posted and more. He spent the entire summer here working out with fellow line mates, took part in the Sabres development camp with the Marines along the lakeshore, and has been lighting up the Q averaging close to 2 ppg through 23 games. Thanks for that article.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:50 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Love the fact that the Sabres stole Grigorenko at 12. I'm a big fan of his game and he's going to be a very good center for a very long time. Tomas Vanek is going to love being a winger for this guy. Grigorenko's dropping is eerily similar to that of Sean Couturier last year. Buffalo fans are going to be laughing all the way to the bank in a few years when Grigorenko and Girgensons are playing. They're going to be a nightmare to play against.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:52 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

That "scout" was actually Craig Button. He's probably the biggest idiot TSN has on their hockey coverage. There's a reason why he's no longer a GM in the NHL. Look at every one of his moves he made as GM of the Calgary Flames and it's very easy to see why he got canned. Perhaps the biggest windbag there is with regards to scouting prospects.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:53 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Love the fact that the Sabres stole Grigorenko at 12. I'm a big fan of his game and he's going to be a very good center for a very long time. Tomas Vanek is going to love being a winger for this guy. Grigorenko's dropping is eerily similar to that of Sean Couturier last year. Buffalo fans are going to be laughing all the way to the bank in a few years when Grigorenko and Girgensons are playing. They're going to be a nightmare to play against.
Grigorenko has significantly better Offensive abilities relative to Couturier. Couturier fell for very different reasons. Despite people claiming Couturier shouldn't have fallen that far, i think it is reasonable to suggest all those taken above can still end up better players. Likewise with Grigorenko, although i do feel he along with Yakupov/Galchenyuk were comfortably the best forwards available last year.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM
John Druce
Flynt Flossy

Quote:
That "scout" was actually Craig Button. He's probably the biggest idiot TSN has on their hockey coverage. There's a reason why he's no longer a GM in the NHL. Look at every one of his moves he made as GM of the Calgary Flames and it's very easy to see why he got canned. Perhaps the biggest windbag there is with regards to scouting prospects.
I agree with this .... except, didn´t Button draft Iginla with the Stars? That would be my only problem with this statement.

Grigorenko has all the tools.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Druce View Post
I agree with this .... except, didn´t Button draft Iginla with the Stars? That would be my only problem with this statement.
Wasn't Risebrough the Flames' GM back then, and Paul McIntosh in charge of scouting?

Old
11-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Sartorial
#RegisteredUser

Quote:
Wow. Talk about harsh.

Personally, I think it's pretty evident that Button knows what he's talking about.

Here is a guy who travels to watch hockey so he can bring scouting reports to you for a living.

When he evaluates a player, I guarantee his evaluations are based on relatively orthodox methods (although there is surely variation from scout to scout within details of what's looked for) commonly utilized by scouts everywhere.

You don't become an NHL GM or a scout by being a "windbag".

What you're really saying to everyone is your judgements based upon what you read on HF Boards or by watching the players years down the roads and looking back at how "wrong" he was (unfortunately, scouts don't have the privilege of gazing into a crystal ball) is a much more trustworthy method of evaluation than anything Button offers.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:36 PM
John Druce
Flynt Flossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Wasn't Risebrough the Flames' GM back then, and Paul McIntosh in charge of scouting?
You´re probably right. I just thought that Button was Director of Scouting for the Dallas Stars (who drafted Iggy) at that point in time. Splitting hairs though .... cause Buttons draft record with the Flames was abysmal.

Sorry for getting off topic

Last edited by John Druce: 11-24-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Grigorenko has significantly better Offensive abilities relative to Couturier. Couturier fell for very different reasons. Despite people claiming Couturier shouldn't have fallen that far, i think it is reasonable to suggest all those taken above can still end up better players. Likewise with Grigorenko, although i do feel he along with Yakupov/Galchenyuk were comfortably the best forwards available last year.
I could be wrong but didn't Couturier's play and draft position drop because of mono as well?

Old
11-24-2012, 02:15 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
I could be wrong but didn't Couturier's play and draft position drop because of mono as well?
He did, but he was also the victim of just being in the spotlight a bit too long and having people starting to nitpick at his game.

In any case, I'm really glad Grigs fell to us at 12 for whatever reasons. Buffalo desperately needed a big center with first line talent.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:12 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Wow. Talk about harsh.

Personally, I think it's pretty evident that Button knows what he's talking about.

Here is a guy who travels to watch hockey so he can bring scouting reports to you for a living.

When he evaluates a player, I guarantee his evaluations are based on relatively orthodox methods (although there is surely variation from scout to scout within details of what's looked for) commonly utilized by scouts everywhere.

You don't become an NHL GM or a scout by being a "windbag".

What you're really saying to everyone is your judgements based upon what you read on HF Boards or by watching the players years down the roads and looking back at how "wrong" he was (unfortunately, scouts don't have the privilege of gazing into a crystal ball) is a much more trustworthy method of evaluation than anything Button offers.
Craig Button puts out some brutal scouting lists. Look at his 2012 final list

Old
11-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
He did, but he was also the victim of just being in the spotlight a bit too long and having people starting to nitpick at his game.

In any case, I'm really glad Grigs fell to us at 12 for whatever reasons. Buffalo desperately needed a big center with first line talent.

Golden oppurtunity for a #1 center missed by Burke and company

Sadly, never felt he was really on Burke's radar.

Old
11-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Craig Button puts out some brutal scouting lists.Look at his 2012 final list
A little early to be laughing at his list, no? If we look at the actual draft order in a few years from now then even that will be laughable...

Then again, Button may have been the biggest culprit (windbag) in lowering Grigorenko's stock, who is making Button look foolish at this early stage.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Golden oppurtunity for a #1 center missed by Burke and company

Sadly, never felt he was really on Burke's radar.
He's not a Burke type player.

I'm very excited for his potential. Luke Adam played like an all star between Vanek and Pommer, if Grigs gets the same opportunity and develops some chemistry with them. Him dishing those passes to Vanek could be a good combination.

Last edited by Stop Winnin: 11-24-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Closed Thread