HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 12:29 PM
  #51
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
This series is definitely one of the big tests for UND in the first half. I also don't expect this to be a high scoring affair either and so far it hasn't been. Notre Dame's defense has been their bread and butter thus far this season.

I didn't see last night's game, but do plan to watch today's game. UND can expect the Irish to make an even harder push to gain the split.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
  #52
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
This series is definitely one of the big tests for UND in the first half. I also don't expect this to be a high scoring affair either and so far it hasn't been. Notre Dame's defense has been their bread and butter thus far this season.

I didn't see last night's game, but do plan to watch today's game. UND can expect the Irish to make an even harder push to gain the split.
Although the Sioux played better last night than friday nights game the Irish were a little better. Anders Lee killed em. The guy is a beast. I figured a split going in and it's a split going out. CC up next in Colorado Springs.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:33 PM
  #53
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Some observations from yesterday's game (yes, I did see it).

1) For most of the game, I thought Gothberg played really well. Maybe some big saves and allowed North Dakota to stay in the game. It looked like he let up a little in the latter stages of the game, but overall I thought he played really well.

2) IMO, MacMillan is one of the team's most consistent players. Even if he isn't posting any points, he's working his tail off and his hard work has paid off. If he isn't putting up points, MacMillan is at least making things happen.

3) I like the fact that Kristo has finally picked up his game. And Dakota I'm not sure if you're noticing it too, but it seems to give the team a bit more of a lift when he's playing at the top of his game.

4) While I thought the defense played well, they also made some mistakes that, in one instance, burned them. One glaring mistake I noticed was an errant pass by Simpson (I believe it was). Instead of just shooting the puck to the boards, he decided to try and make a pass in the middle of ice and the Notre Dame player (I believe it was Jeff Costello) read it perfectly and intercepted it. That just can't happen on a regular basis. Teams like Minnesota will just eat North Dakota alive if they do.

This weekend's series was a very good test for North Dakota. Going up against a defensively methodical team like Notre Dame will make them better going forward and hopefully will enable the team to correct their mistakes and learn from them. I don't think CC will be quite as big of a test, but I also won't count out the Tigers either, especially in the Springs. The big thing for UND will be in trying to slow down CC and limit their scoring chances. If they do that, they can certainly get at least a split out of the series.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
  #54
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Some observations from yesterday's game (yes, I did see it).

1) For most of the game, I thought Gothberg played really well. Maybe some big saves and allowed North Dakota to stay in the game. It looked like he let up a little in the latter stages of the game, but overall I thought he played really well.

2) IMO, MacMillan is one of the team's most consistent players. Even if he isn't posting any points, he's working his tail off and his hard work has paid off. If he isn't putting up points, MacMillan is at least making things happen.

3) I like the fact that Kristo has finally picked up his game. And Dakota I'm not sure if you're noticing it too, but it seems to give the team a bit more of a lift when he's playing at the top of his game.

4) While I thought the defense played well, they also made some mistakes that, in one instance, burned them. One glaring mistake I noticed was an errant pass by Simpson (I believe it was). Instead of just shooting the puck to the boards, he decided to try and make a pass in the middle of ice and the Notre Dame player (I believe it was Jeff Costello) read it perfectly and intercepted it. That just can't happen on a regular basis. Teams like Minnesota will just eat North Dakota alive if they do.

This weekend's series was a very good test for North Dakota. Going up against a defensively methodical team like Notre Dame will make them better going forward and hopefully will enable the team to correct their mistakes and learn from them. I don't think CC will be quite as big of a test, but I also won't count out the Tigers either, especially in the Springs. The big thing for UND will be in trying to slow down CC and limit their scoring chances. If they do that, they can certainly get at least a split out of the series.
Good observations OC. I thought the 2 goals Zane allowed that were taken from above the circles that weren't screened were a bit weak but other than that he played well. Still think Saunders will be the man. The Sioux D have been having trouble in the defensive zone this year for sure. Not sure if it's Berry's system they are having trouble with or what but it hasn't been good. Forbort went backwards this weekend as he was a -5 for the series.

Kristo has really picked it up. Hopefully he can keep this high level of play for the remainder of the season without going into a shell for a period of time like he has done in the past. Knight has disappointed a bit but he did have the flu this weekend but he just hasn't been himself yet. It is november yet so if things go like they have in the past they will be okay come the first of the year.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:41 PM
  #55
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Just aint the same.


Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
  #56
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Sioux outshoot CC last night 44-21 yet lose 5-3. Not one of Saunders better games. Found this stat on Brad Schlossmans blog interesting.

In a bizarre stat, UND has lost the last four games that it has outshot its opponent by 20-plus shots (Last night’s game; 4-0 loss to SCSU in Oct. 2011; 5-4 loss to Wisconsin in Oct. 2011; 2-0 loss to Michigan in April 2011). The last time UND outshot an opponent by 20 and won was March 2011 against Michigan Tech. Prior to that stretch, UND won seven straight games when outshooting its opponent by 20-plus.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 12:31 AM
  #57
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Sioux outshoot the Tigers 39-20tonight but this time get the win in dramatic fashion. Simpson scores with 13 seconds left in the game and Cagguila scores the winner in overtime. The slumping Pioneers at the Ralph next weekend.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:41 PM
  #58
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Bring on the Pioneers and the Dasher Dancer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwOAbc18NZs

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
  #59
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Through These Doors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6v5...ature=youtu.be

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:54 PM
  #60
hattrick3518
Registered User
 
hattrick3518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Live feed for tonight's game anyone?

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:09 AM
  #61
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
3 points against DU isn't bad and easily could of been 4 if it weren't for DU goalie Olkinuora friday night. He made the save of the year robbing MacMillan to keep it a tie.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
  #62
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Oh what could of been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4TVy...layer_embedded

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:43 PM
  #63
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Great article on the Sioux from an SI writer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl...dakota-hockey/

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
  #64
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Sioux took Tech behind the woodshed in a 6-1 whipping.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:50 PM
  #65
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:31 AM
  #66
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?
 
Northland Wild Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,899
vCash: 500
Good weekend for the Sioux. Nice to get a sweep.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:46 PM
  #67
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
Good weekend for the Sioux. Nice to get a sweep.
They are rolling baby.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 05:20 AM
  #68
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
I haven't kept up with all the latest news, but what is going to happen with the Sioux nickname and mascot?

Xokkeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:12 PM
  #69
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Sioux snag a huge recruit from the gophers.

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....s-north-dakota

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 10:13 PM
  #70
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
I haven't kept up with all the latest news, but what is going to happen with the Sioux nickname and mascot?
Name is done. No nickname at the time. Just good ol' North Dakota.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 12:10 PM
  #71
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71oFbqKtoto

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
  #72
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
During his three and a half seasons at UND, center Corban Knight a been a beast in the faceoff circle. Knight has won (.590) of his faceoffs that he has taken during his three and a half seasons at UND.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2012, 11:30 AM
  #73
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500
Merry Christmas to all the great college hockey fans out there.

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 06:45 PM
  #74
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:59 PM
  #75
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!
 
Dakota Sioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: JAMESTOWN,ND
Country: United States
Posts: 10,958
vCash: 500

Dakota Sioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.