HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2012, 02:48 AM
heartsabres*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Thanks for the update/correction. Kevin O said the same thing.

When I first looked at AHL.com I wondered if Rolston was dissing Mancari.
how does the coach "diss" a career AHLer?

Old
11-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
how does the coach "diss" a career AHLer?
Ha ha.
By taking his letter away.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:10 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
GDT for tomorrow's game in Binghamton http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=55808777 I'll have a stream for the Crackchester game but you're welcome to drop by tonight and watch the Phantoms game as well. Thanks!

Old
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Old
11-20-2012, 10:27 AM
sabrefan27

Schiestel and Mackenzie to Greenville of the ECHL.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Schiestel and Mackenzie to Greenville of the ECHL.
Happy that MacKenzie will be able to play, but I wonder how he's taking what happened. He was getting 20+ minutes of ice early in the season, and was on, for all intents and purposes, their shutdown pairing. Then he has a bad game, gets a little under the weather, and now he can't crack the lineup. Tough break.

Also, it appears that Schiestel's knee injury decimated his career. I hope they move him to another organization and he can get healthy so that he'll get one last shot.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:42 AM
OcAirlines

Our other ECHL/CHL-send-downs have been doing pretty bad so far, I hope those two guys will be better while with the ECHL

And Parker still isn't sent down? Are you guys sure that he isn't injured or something?

Old
11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Jacob582

Nobody wants Parker.

Looks like Fienhage and Lieuwen are doing well and the other send downs are pretty bad. Lieuwen is now 6-1 after two brutal losses to start the season.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Happy that MacKenzie will be able to play, but I wonder how he's taking what happened. He was getting 20+ minutes of ice early in the season, and was on, for all intents and purposes, their shutdown pairing. Then he has a bad game, gets a little under the weather, and now he can't crack the lineup. Tough break.

Also, it appears that Schiestel's knee injury decimated his career. I hope they move him to another organization and he can get healthy so that he'll get one last shot.
Ditto on Schiestel. He looked like he was gonna become a solid player before that knee injury wiped him out. Would love to see him get a crack in another organization that has less depth at D, so he'll at least see AHL minutes and maybe get one last legitimate chance at making the NHL. Always sad to see injuries derail a career.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Rammstein816

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
Our other ECHL/CHL-send-downs have been doing pretty bad so far, I hope those two guys will be better while with the ECHL

And Parker still isn't sent down? Are you guys sure that he isn't injured or something?
Right now, with Adam injured, he's the only extra forward. It would probably be a bad idea to send him down if they're away from where they send him for any extended length of time, unless they want to play Crawford at forward.

Old
11-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Rammstein816

Maybe I'm looking too far into this, but is there any significance to the fact that MacKenzie says reassigned, as opposed to Schiestel saying loaned? Is it because MacKenzie has played in the ECHL before and Schiestel hasn't?

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=323

Old
11-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
Maybe I'm looking too far into this, but is there any significance to the fact that MacKenzie says reassigned, as opposed to Schiestel saying loaned? Is it because MacKenzie has played in the ECHL before and Schiestel hasn't?

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions...&f_team_id=323
ECHL reads:
Quote:
Add Matt MacKenzie, D assigned from Rochester (AHL) by Buffalo (NHL)
Add Drew Schiestel, D assigned by Rochester (AHL)
The games are relatively local so it could be a brief stint to get minutes for them as Greenville conveniently begins a three-game road trip in Elmira tomorrow and are at Reading and Trenton on Friday and Saturday respectively; conversely, Rochester only has one game – Friday at home – in the next seven days and they'd both be a scratch there. If it's not a long-term assignment, I could see one, probably not both, returning to Rochester after Saturday's game.

From Greenville's press release:
Quote:
Today the Road Warriors announced they have signed defenseman Matt MacKenzie and Drew Schiestel and have traded Rob Kwiet to San Francisco for future considerations.

MacKenzie, a Buffalo Sabres third round pick in 2011, has played in nine games with the Rochester Americans this year in the AHL. During that span he has collected one assist and 23 penalty minutes. MacKenzie is no stranger to the ECHL having played five games with the Gwinnett Gladiators last season with two assists and 11 penalty minutes in his short stint. The 21 year old hails from New Westminster, British Columbia.

Schiestel, a Sabres second round pick in 2007, has played in 159 career AHL games dating back to the 2009 season. The Hamilton, Ontario native has played with the Portland Pirates, Texas Stars and Rochester. During that time the 23 year old defenseman has collected eight goals, 44 assists and 75 penalty minutes.

“Schiestel is very creative with the puck and is a great offensive defenseman,” said Head Coach Dean Stork. “MacKenzie is a steady, hard-nose blue liner that is a great shut down player. We are very excited to add both to our defense.”

Old
11-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
I think Schiestel will be here for at least a while. We traded one of our better offensive Dmen (Rob Kwiet) on Monday to the shock of many. I don't think Stork does that unless one of the two are down here for the long haul.

I remember MacKenzie from last year against us (Gwinnett) he seems like a decent reliable shut down guy. I heard Schiestel is a pretty good offensive blue liner but has been hit with the injury bug. I think Greenville is a good place for him yes I'm biased but we've have a few players resurrect their career here. (Bourdon, Grumet-Morris)

Old
11-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Blue n Gold Forever

I feel bad for Schiestel. I thought it might be going okay when he started the first 3 games, but he hasn't seen the ice since. The Sabres have to much depth. Hope he catches on with another organization.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:05 PM
sabresfan129103

Any update on Hodgson? Do we know how far away he is from coming back?

Old
11-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Any update on Hodgson? Do we know how far away he is from coming back?
Kevin O tweeted that Hodgson's out tomorrow and likely next week too, while Adam should resume skating Monday.
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
FYI on #Amerks injuries going into Friday home game vs. Albany; C Cody Hodgson (broken hand) out, and likely out next week too (more)...
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
(Cont.) #Amerks C Luke Adam (lower body) won't play but should resume skating on Monday.

Old
11-24-2012, 08:57 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 771
The next two Amerks at Marlies games - Saturday, Dec 1 and Saturday, Dec 8 - will be televised LIVE on Sportsnet One in Canada - http://theahl.com/sportsnet-adds-ahl...-and-8-p180461

Too bad the Time Warner Cable Sports Channels Buffalo/Rochester can't pickup the broadcasts for whatever reasons and show the games here. The next Amerks game on TWCSC Buffalo/Rochester will be the Dec 7 home game vs Adirondack Phantoms.

If you get Sportsnet in Canada, theres LIVE AHL action tonight as the Chicago Wolves (Vancouver Canucks affiliate) face off against the Milwaukee Admirals (Nashville Predators affiliate) on all four Sportsnet regional channels at 8 ET/5 PT. So you fans of Kassian will be able to watch him play.

On another note - whats up with the three different attendence announcements at the game last night? First we had 8,735 - then it went to 8,777 and then finally, 8,781. Did they keep finding people hidden in the bathrooms? LOL! Well whatever attendence it was actually was - unless it the total was inflated by a few hundred - it the highest attendence of the season for a game at the Blue Cross Arena so far.

Edit - LOL! We actually have a fourth number and unfortunately its the worst of the four - D&C website has a picture from the game and in the paragraph describing the picture - Flynn celebrating his first goal last night) lists attendence as 8,589.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 11-24-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old
11-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Rammstein816

Matt MacKenzie with a goal last night, but he and Schiestel were both -3 (looks like they were paired together, interesting since I don't think they ever played on the same pairing in Rochester). Lieuwen also seemed to have a bad game based on the stat line:

http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=9800

Old
11-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Mergus

I really didn't see this coming from Brennan. To be scoring at over a PPG clip in any pro league is impressive, especially with the # of goals he is potting. What excites me most about him is his overall game, not just the point output. He seems like a guy who can play in all situations. He reminds me of MAG, but he can actually play defense when needed and can hit on occasion.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:42 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
I really didn't see this coming from Brennan. To be scoring at over a PPG clip in any pro league is impressive, especially with the # of goals he is potting. What excites me most about him is his overall game, not just the point output. He seems like a guy who can play in all situations. He reminds me of MAG, but he can actually play defense when needed and can hit on occasion.
Definitely an upgrade over MAG defensively and physically. His D definitely still isn't good enough to be playing regular top 4 minutes in the NHL, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on our bottom pairing and 2nd PP. I think it's gonna be tough for him to earn an NHL job, though, considering we're not really lacking offensively gifted d-men (Myers, Ehrhoff, Sekera (when he's given the chance), McNabb).

Old
11-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Watching McNabb struggle in the A this year is not encouraging for projecting a top-4 role for him in the near future. Yeah, he's the one guy with physicality, but the decision-making is starting to worry me.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
He definitely has MAG-level facepalm moments. MAG feared contact, but he moved the puck out of his zone pretty well. Brennan has some real brainfart, hand grenade moments in his own end that will make you wonder how he made it past bantam hockey. Until he limits those, he'll never see the NHL on a consistent basis.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:10 PM
TheWook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
Watching McNabb struggle in the A this year is not encouraging for projecting a top-4 role for him in the near future. Yeah, he's the one guy with physicality, but the decision-making is starting to worry me.
He has looked pretty shaky to me in his own end, sophomore slump maybe?

Old
11-25-2012, 05:12 AM
pokerface1

What's the scouting report on Brian Flynn? future NHL'er? too early to tell?

Old
11-25-2012, 08:24 AM
Disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Kevin O tweeted that Hodgson's out tomorrow and likely next week too, while Adam should resume skating Monday.
Saw Hodgson at the Distillery after the game on Friday. Still has a cast on his thumb.

Closed Thread