HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus-Vancouver

Old
11-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Of course teams prefer more talented players, the deal only makes sense if Columbus is looking to clear cap space and make room for youngsters on their blueline.
They don't want to "make room" for the youngsters. They want the youngsters to outplay the older players and earn their spots.

Like with Luongo, Schnieder, and Lack.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Our spare parts won't bring back a ~50 point offensive defenseman.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Moore Money

Why does Wis get traded once a year? That's a red flag for me.The Canucks need leaders, not flaky dbags that get traded once a year.

Moore Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 07:43 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Why does Wis get traded once a year? That's a red flag for me.The Canucks need leaders, not flaky dbags that get traded once a year.
We would be extremely fortunate to get Wis for that package, we could dump ballard and have one of the better D cores in the league. Ehrhoff replacement

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:02 PM
VerySuperFamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
....Why comment on something you have no clue about? Since when is Schroeder a winger? He's been the wolves best player....His offensive upside is high and he's always in the right position defensively. IMO he'll have a long career as a second line center. He's got a ton of talent. No one ever puts up numbers on the Canucks AHL affiliates. He's makes plays. Great plays but his linemates rarely convert them. If the NHL started now he'd be the Canucks third line center and IMO he outplayed Hodgson last training camp. And no it's not a good idea to trade Schroeder now when is value isn't what it will be. No point. It's like when people wanted to trade Schneider four years ago when is value was low...look at it now.
, he's done next to nothing to show he can be a second line center. He hasn't even put up second line center stats in the AHL. He's also too small to play in the NHL as a checking line center.

VerySuperFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
Quote:
To Vancouver: James Wisniewski

To Columbus: Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder, and a 2nd/3rd
You have to give quality to acquire quality...

One of Jensen, Kassian, or Gaunce would have to be involved.

Ballard, Jensen, 3rd makes more sense than spare parts.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
You have to give quality to acquire quality...

One of Jensen, Kassian, or Gaunce would have to be involved.

Ballard, Jensen, 3rd makes more sense than spare parts.
I could live with that, I guess. My original offer wasn't that great because of Wiz's contract, but if we send Ballard back then I'd be willing to give more value. Although I think Columbus would be far more interested in Raymond than Ballard.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:21 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerySuperFamous View Post
, he's done next to nothing to show he can be a second line center. He hasn't even put up second line center stats in the AHL. He's also too small to play in the NHL as a checking line center.
It's a terrible deal for Columbus but this is wrong. Schroeder is the second leading scorer on an offensively inept Wolves team right now. He's the team's far and away best Center.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi-wayman

Columbus is not going to trade Wisniewski. They need his experience as much as his skill and scoring. Wisniewski and Ballard are almost identiacal in skill and style of play amd tenacity. The only attractive feature Wisniewski has to Vancouver is he is a right hand shot.

Some time ago I figured the only likely trade between Columbus and the Canucks would be right shot defenceman Cody Goloubef or David Savard for Anton Rodin, a NHL ready right wing with attitude and a history as a scorer in Sweden and in the AHL. Savard is bigger, but Goloubef suits the Canucks style better. Rodin is a better RW than any of Columbus' RW prospects and likely could push for a 3rd or 2nd line roster spot this season.

There is no way Gillis is going to trade Schroeder after grooming him to a stage that he will compete for 3rd line centre on the Canucks this season.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 12:46 AM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
Columbus is not going to trade Wisniewski. They need his experience as much as his skill and scoring. Wisniewski and Ballard are almost identiacal in skill and style of play amd tenacity. The only attractive feature Wisniewski has to Vancouver is he is a right hand shot.

Some time ago I figured the only likely trade between Columbus and the Canucks would be right shot defenceman Cody Goloubef or David Savard for Anton Rodin, a NHL ready right wing with attitude and a history as a scorer in Sweden and in the AHL. Savard is bigger, but Goloubef suits the Canucks style better. Rodin is a better RW than any of Columbus' RW prospects and likely could push for a 3rd or 2nd line roster spot this season.

There is no way Gillis is going to trade Schroeder after grooming him to a stage that he will compete for 3rd line centre on the Canucks this season.
I would do Goloubef for Rodin

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I would do Goloubef for Rodin
What kind of player does Goloubef project as?

Obviously I'd prefer Savard, but I doubt we'd get him for Rodin. I would do Schroeder for Savard, though.

I'm assuming Goloubef would be seen as by far the most expendable D prospect between him, Savard, Erixon, and Murray.

I guess both he and Rodin could use a change of scenery. It's unlikely Rodin cracks our roster with Jensen and Kassian ahead of him on the depth chart, and the same could probably be said for Goloubef.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post

While I am not opposed trading either Savard or Goloubef, the bolded statement is simply not true.

Cam Atkinson is a 23 yr old RH who scored 7-7 14 in 27 games in the NHL last year and 29-15 44 at the AHL. He would play at least on the second line this year.

Jonathan Audy Merchessault is 21 and was signed as a free agent this year after going 24-40 last year in the AHL.

Tomas Kubalik, 22, missed a number of games last year due to injury but still managed 11-12 23 to go with 24-29 53 the year before.

Atkinson and Audy-Merchesssault are undersized, and while basically snipers are not afraid to go to the hard areas. Kubalik is a bigger body and has a terrific presence in front of the net, and while still developing has made a couple of trips up to the Jackets. This year both both Cam and JAM are at a better than ppg pace and even Kubalik is out pacing Rodin.

Any of these are at least as valuable as Rodin. So if we were to move one of the defensive assets it would probably be in a package for a more highly skilled top 6 NHL forward than for a prospect.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 02:03 PM
rockinghockey

Scraps is not going to get you a good dman.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Cogburn

Call me crazy as a bag of cats, but what about Wiz+ for Luongo?

I also like Rodin for Goloubef

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
To Vancouver: James Wisniewski

To Columbus: Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder, and a 2nd/3rd

****Contingent on us finding a place to trade Ballard to, like Ottawa or Detroit(but not for this thread)

The Canucks need a right side, puck moving Dman, while Columbus has a lot of young defensemen that will be pushing for roster spots when the season starts, and could use some help up front. They'd be getting a two-way speedster generally good for around 40 points, our top C prospect who's NHL ready but will likely be buried behind Vancouver's C depth if Kesler finishes recovering before the season starts.

Vancouver's Top-6:

Edler-Wisniewski
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev

Columbus' Top-9(sorry if I get the lines wrong)

Anisimov-Dubinsky-Brassard
Umberger-Johanssen-Raymond
Huselius-Schroeder-Prospal

Essentially give Vancouver 6 top-4 defensemen(assuming Tanev continues his development) and Columbus 3 second lines.

Thoughts? Any minor tweaks needed?
No thank you.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
No thank you.
I specifically said not for this thread!

But I remembered a Sens fan saying somewhere they might have interest in Ballard(obviously at a low price).

But again, Not for this thread.
-------------------------------------

Luongo for Wisniewski may make sense, maybe Wisniewski + LA's first or something? And then maybe Columbus can flip Mason for a 2nd to help compensate?

Although obviously Luongo would have to be willing to waive his NTC. If he does, then it's highly unlikely he'll pull a 180 and start causing problems like Carter did.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Luongo for Wisniewski may make sense, maybe Wisniewski + LA's first or something? And then maybe Columbus can flip Mason for a 2nd to help compensate?
I don't think any of the 1st's this year would be included in a trade.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I don't think any of the 1st's this year would be included in a trade.
What is Columbus trying to do right now, are they looking to start competing within the next three years or are they doing a full-out rebuild?

Old
11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
alphafox

Quote:
What is Columbus trying to do right now, are they looking to start competing within the next three years or are they doing a full-out rebuild?
Honestly, alot depends upon this draft. If we are able to get someone with superstar potential (i.e. Mackinnon, Barkov, Drouin, and a few others) or even 2 players in the top 10 we have a real shot at being competitive within 3 years. However, if we get stuck with all our picks at the end of the first round than we are going to be in full rebuild mode.

Regardless I think the comment about no first for Luongo stands. The Jackets aren't going to pay anything close to Wiz and a first for Lu, simply because of his contract and the fact that the Jackets almost definitely aren't going to be competing for the cup while Lu is still in his prime.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Regardless I think the comment about no first for Luongo stands. The Jackets aren't going to pay anything close to Wiz and a first for Lu, simply because of his contract and the fact that the Jackets almost definitely aren't going to be competing for the cup while Lu is still in his prime.
While I don't think it's bad value for Lu, according to Davidson this team is a long term project that they are just now beginning to get underway with. That means keeping picks.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
While I am not opposed trading either Savard or Goloubef, the bolded statement is simply not true.

Cam Atkinson is a 23 yr old RH who scored 7-7 14 in 27 games in the NHL last year and 29-15 44 at the AHL. He would play at least on the second line this year.

Jonathan Audy Merchessault is 21 and was signed as a free agent this year after going 24-40 last year in the AHL.

Tomas Kubalik, 22, missed a number of games last year due to injury but still managed 11-12 23 to go with 24-29 53 the year before.

Atkinson and Audy-Merchesssault are undersized, and while basically snipers are not afraid to go to the hard areas. Kubalik is a bigger body and has a terrific presence in front of the net, and while still developing has made a couple of trips up to the Jackets. This year both both Cam and JAM are at a better than ppg pace and even Kubalik is out pacing Rodin.

Any of these are at least as valuable as Rodin. So if we were to move one of the defensive assets it would probably be in a package for a more highly skilled top 6 NHL forward than for a prospect.
Agree with this. I like Rodin's skill-set and would consider either of those d-men for him 1-for-1, but not out of desperation for prospect RWs.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:51 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Well since he'll most likely be an ahler, lots of teams. He's 5"9, and not that dynamic, and since he's most likely a winger now.

Maybe it's just me and the LA Kings, but very rarely even if they have a compareable talent level would you want a 5"9 player in the NHL, especially a bottom 6 center/winger. Only real examples are Ennis, St. Louis, Marchand, and Gerbe, and of those only St. Louis, and Marchand are legitimate top 6 forwards, Ennis is possibly one.

So unless Schroeder becomes Theo Fleury/Brad Marchand like, small guy, strong will to win, ***** to play against, he's probably career ahler.
Quote:
You seem to have a pretty strong opinion on a subject you clearly don't know much about... That's a curious combination.

Schroeder was drafted about 2/3rds of the way through the first round and was projected/predicted to go MUCH earlier. He wasn't 6'2" at the draft then shrunk.

It's pretty easy to look at his profile and see his height and scoring totals from the last while. Requires a little bit more effort to understand why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Scraps is not going to get you a good dman.
We're talking about Wisniewski here.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote