HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
Steenroller

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas89alex View Post
I agree with that. I just think if were gonna get a defensman I love the idea of a physical player like orpik that wont get pushed around and can really intimidate other teams.
I don't think many teams are "intimidated" by Brooks Orpik. Sure, he offer nice size and can use his body, but so can 80 percent of defensemen.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
IF The Blues are going to give up Stewart proven NHL 20-goal scorer) AND Rattie(perennial WHL Top 5 scorer) in the same trade, they'd better get a better and YOUNGER defenceman than 32-yr. old Orpik.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Rolen
fire Kerr

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
He's putting up great numbers again this year, and last year he played 22 games without Bartschi and still put up ridiculous numbers. I believe someone on here said that his scoring average was actually better in the games that he played without Sven. I think he has done more than enough to prove that he is not just the product of good linemates.
His numbers went down without Sven

Old
11-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
Rattie only combined with Bärtschi on about 50 of his 121 points last season. That stat alone says enough.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
He started the season off slowly but has picked up his pace. It's not unreasonable for a player to have an adjustment period with new line mates. After his slow start he is doing just as well without Sven.

Old
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Would still do Schwartz for Gormley

Old
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Novacain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Not only would I still do it, but with the takeoff of Jaskin, I'd be willing to add a 3rd round pick. Giving a little extra, but our prospect depth at the wing is very strong.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:13 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Me too. As much as I like Jaden but with our current youth and depth at wing and with Vlad coming and with Rattie and Jaskin on the rise its pretty much a no brainer.

And even if I dont follow Gormley this season I have no doubt that he can be at least as good as Cola right from the start and getting something special pretty soon if playing with Petro

Would prefer trading Stewart for him though

Old
12-04-2012, 02:03 AM
BlueDream

Nah I'd rather trade Schwartz and yes I would easily move him for Gormley as well.

Old
12-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Novacain

I took the old Schwartz for Gormley dead back to the Trade Forum, and got basically the same response: Solid Value, but not something Coyotes fans wanted to pull the trigger on.

However a very interesting counter offer from Pittsburg has been talked about: Jaden Schwartz for Simon Despres. Despers seems like a perfect fit for Petro's partner in the long term, and reading through his strengths reads like a "what we want Petro's partner to be" description. The value isn't particularly high, but with our glut of talent on the wings everywhere in the organization, I think this is a trade that improves us right now. Despres seems to be ready to line up at the NHL level today, and we don't lose anything that hurts us now in the short term, and while losing Schwartz as McDonald's replacement hurts in the long term, who knows how long exactly that's going to be.

Just curious on how many others agree that this is a solid trade for us

Old
12-06-2012, 09:26 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

If we are moving Schwartz, we shouldn't settle. Even though Despres will probably be pretty good, I think Schwartz will be better. Despres is not enough of an upgrade over Cole to make a deal.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:43 AM
ExJbeck

vCash: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
I took the old Schwartz for Gormley dead back to the Trade Forum, and got basically the same response: Solid Value, but not something Coyotes fans wanted to pull the trigger on.

However a very interesting counter offer from Pittsburg has been talked about: Jaden Schwartz for Simon Despres. Despers seems like a perfect fit for Petro's partner in the long term, and reading through his strengths reads like a "what we want Petro's partner to be" description. The value isn't particularly high, but with our glut of talent on the wings everywhere in the organization, I think this is a trade that improves us right now. Despres seems to be ready to line up at the NHL level today, and we don't lose anything that hurts us now in the short term, and while losing Schwartz as McDonald's replacement hurts in the long term, who knows how long exactly that's going to be.

Just curious on how many others agree that this is a solid trade for us
PHX fans act is if it wouldnt be a good idea for them to get a forward. Losing Whitney is going to kill there offense this year and that organization is really only in a position to trade prospects IMO.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:09 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP27Blues View Post
PHX fans act is if it wouldnt be a good idea for them to get a forward. Losing Whitney is going to kill there offense this year and that organization is really only in a position to trade prospects IMO.
I'm thinking many of them would rather wait and see, and then trade Yandle. He is the most proven, and has the biggest contract. Trading him for forward help, sliding OEL into his spot, and sliding Gormley into OEL's current could result in significant $ savings for that team. Something to keep in mind, they are in worse shape financially than us.

With the price and term on Yandle's contract, they could get some nice help up front that is locked-up on good contracts already.

Anyway, not saying this is what they will do. Just that it would make some sense to approach it this way for financial reasons.

Old
12-06-2012, 11:21 AM
ExJbeck

vCash: 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I'm thinking many of them would rather wait and see, and then trade Yandle. He is the most proven, and has the biggest contract. Trading him for forward help, sliding OEL into his spot, and sliding Gormley into OEL's current could result in significant $ savings for that team. Something to keep in mind, they are in worse shape financially than us.

With the price and term on Yandle's contract, they could get some nice help up front that is locked-up on good contracts already.

Anyway, not saying this is what they will do. Just that it would make some sense to approach it this way for financial reasons.
They could get great value for Yandle as well, but if the Coyotes want to stay in PHX, they MUST stay competitive. They made there run last season on great defense and goal tending. Add that to the fact they will most likely be way under the cap minimum, makes me think they cant part ways with Yandle. They also need to give Gormley a shot playing in the NHL.

Old
01-01-2013, 10:04 AM
stlweir

It makes sense that new ownership wants to see where the cap will be and what the results of the new CBA will be before making any deals.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:17 AM
gobluesgo

What would it take to pick up Orlov from the Caps? I'd imagine the cost would be pretty steep, but he is a young lefty D-man who would help Tarasenko get adjusted.

Rattie and a 1st? Too much?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Washington has no reason to deal him. I'd do just the first...If they decline, we'll find someone else.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

JR said we aren't looking anymore. I think Hitch and Army like what they saw out of Cole in Peoria, and the price of available defensemen wasn't worth it.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
BlueDream

Geeze these defensive pairings just look pretty bad to me:

Russell-Pietrangelo
Jackman-Polak
Cole-Shattenkirk

I don't like that at all.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 1691
I still don't see NHL in Cole. I think he will be a disaster this year, racking up penalty minutes and stupiud blind passes resulting in breakaways

Old
01-10-2013, 03:01 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Remember how he helped Pietrangelo shutdown Crosby?

Old
01-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Gut feeling says Matt D'Agostini is traded by the end of the season.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
BlueDream

Yeah I honestly feel more comfortable with Cole with Pietrangelo than Russell. We know Russell-Polak and Jackman-Shattenkirk can already play well together so just keep them together. The only question is Cole. So I don't see how changing all 3 pairings so there's a question mark on all 3 instead of just one helps at all. I would stay with what we had. I still want to acquire another d-man but Colaiacovo to Cole can't be that big of a change.

Also bleedblue where did JR say the Blues aren't looking anymore? Just read in his chat that he says he's sure they're still looking, but maybe I missed something.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yeah I honestly feel more comfortable with Cole with Pietrangelo than Russell. We know Russell-Polak and Jackman-Shattenkirk can already play well together so just keep them together. The only question is Cole. So I don't see how changing all 3 pairings so there's a question mark on all 3 instead of just one helps at all. I would stay with what we had. I still want to acquire another d-man but Colaiacovo to Cole can't be that big of a change.

Also bleedblue where did JR say the Blues aren't looking anymore? Just read in his chat that he says he's sure they're still looking, but maybe I missed something.
There was an article.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...35c3817ba.html

They might still be looking, but a deal is doubtful.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:21 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post

That's pretty much where I stand also. We know that Jackman and Shattenkirk play well together, we know that Russell and Polak play well together, and we know that Pietrangelo and Cole HAVE played well together on occasion, so why not let them try to find some chemistry? I don't see the point in rearranging every pairing just so Cole doesn't have to play top minutes. I'm not excited about Cole playing all those minutes either, but he's our best option. Petro made Huskins and Colaiacovo look like serviceable Dmen most of the time, surely Cole can't be THAT big of a step down. If he is, why is he in your lineup to begin with?

Closed Thread