HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
TinordiandSubban

vCash: 500
Here are the current UFA's in Hamilton,

St-Denis, Desjardins, Hagel, Stortini, Corbin, Fortier, Leveille, Chaput.

Bolded who we should keep

Here are the current RFA's,

Geoffrion, Palushaj, Nash, Schultz, Blunden, Mayer, Dumont, Stejskal

Only want Dumont back.

Here's the players that need to be signed or we lose their rights next summer,

Archambault, Dietz, Kristo, Walsh, Nygren, Pribyl

Sign all but Walsh and get Mac Bennett to turn pro.

Players that are under contract already for next season,

Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, Holland, Gallagher, Bournival, Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre, Berger, Avtsin, Delmas

Bolded who I think will be in the NHL

Which leaves:

Gallagher-Bournival-Holland
Archie-Pribyl-Kristo
Avtsin-Nattinen-Quailer
Lefebvre-Dumont-Berger

Beaulieau-Ellis
St.Denis-Dietz
Bennett-Pateryn
Nygren

Desjardins
Delmas

Old
11-23-2012, 04:41 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinordiandSubban View Post

Only want Dumont back.

Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, Holland, Gallagher, Bournival, Quailer, Nattinen, Lefebvre, Berger, Avtsin, Delmas

Which leaves:

Archie-Pribyl-Kristo
Avtsin-Nattinen-Quailer
Lefebvre-Dumont-Berger

Beaulieau-Ellis
St.Denis-Dietz
Bennett-Pateryn
Nygren

Desjardins
Delmas
And i wouldn't be surprised to see them signing veterans so likely a couple of those players would be in the ECHL.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Beaulieau-Ellis
St.Denis-Dietz
Bennett-Pateryn
Nygren
Thrower should be in Hamilton with Dietz for sure although you got to wonder how it will work out with all the rookies they have on defense this year and then have Thrower, Dietz and Nygren plus if Bennett turns pro. But they could loan Nygren back to the SEL just that he would count against the 50 contract limit since he's not junior aged. If they felt ice time was a problem they could have Bennett go back for his Senior year. Interesting to see what they do though as it could be a very young D core again next year from the looks of it.

Old
11-24-2012, 02:46 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Unless Bennett gets well over a PPG and improves his D, he should stay. He's not really ready imo.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Unless Bennett gets well over a PPG and improves his D, he should stay. He's not really ready imo.
He's easily ready to turn pro imo. I thought he was one of the better D in the CCHA last year and this year he's looked even better. I don't see why he would need to be well over a ppg and he doesn't really need to improve his D as he's a regular on the PK and is pretty solid in his own end. He does run into trouble at times with the puck as he is a risk taker that uses his great mobility to cover ground quickly.

Im not saying he couldn't benefit from a Senior year as he has to continue to fill out his frame and get stronger but I think he could be playing in the AHL this year and be fine although I'm glad he's back in the NCAA as it gives him another season of being on the top pairing and now he's a leader on the team as well, as an upperclassman.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He's easily ready to turn pro imo. I thought he was one of the better D in the CCHA last year and this year he's looked even better. I don't see why he would need to be well over a ppg and he doesn't really need to improve his D as he's a regular on the PK and is pretty solid in his own end. He does run into trouble at times with the puck as he is a risk taker that uses his great mobility to cover ground quickly.

Im not saying he couldn't benefit from a Senior year as he has to continue to fill out his frame and get stronger but I think he could be playing in the AHL this year and be fine although I'm glad he's back in the NCAA as it gives him another season of being on the top pairing and now he's a leader on the team as well, as an upperclassman.
Who would you give the edge to skating-wise between Beaulieu and Bennett?

Old
11-24-2012, 04:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Who would you give the edge to skating-wise between Beaulieu and Bennett?
Both are very good skaters but Bennett is much smoother skating backwards so I'd give him the edge although Beaulieu has better lower body strength by a good bit i'd wager.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:27 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:

Bennett is ready for the pro game,playing this season and the senior year is probably the best thing for him.He will be the go to guy again next season with Jacob Trouba as his partner for a 2nd year and the Captain of the Wolverines.(Quite an Honour)I can't see him leaving before the end of his Senior year.

Old
11-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:

Absolutely love reading this about Bennett!

Old
11-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Roulin

Quote:

Only want Dumont back.

Which leaves:

Archie-Pribyl-Kristo
Avtsin-Nattinen-Quailer
Lefebvre-Dumont-Berger

Beaulieau-Ellis
St.Denis-Dietz
Bennett-Pateryn
Nygren

Desjardins
Delmas
IMO the Habs would be better served having St Denis on the big team. His versatility (both sides, both special teams) helps his case as a 7/8D. I can see Tinordi getting games as injuries hit, but I don't think he's quite as ready as FSD, and we might as well take advantage of Tinordi's waiver eligibility and start him in the minors.

Depending on how Desjardins does this season, I wonder if the Habs see him as a contender for cheap backup to Price going forward?

I can see Dumont as a possibility for 13/14F in Montreal.

Leblanc had some good games with the Habs last season, but I don't see him kicking down the door for an opening game starting lineup position yet. Maybe as this season goes on.

I haven't seen much of Archambault, but is he worth signing, let alone putting in the Hamilton top 6? Might there be more upside in looking for an undrafted late bloomer elsewhere, maybe Sarault?

Old
11-24-2012, 08:36 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

I'm not taking away from what he's done. His progression is very good and he is promising. He still makes questionable plays when pressured that make me shake my head. I think that will go away with another NCAA season.

Also I feel that if he turns pro at 23, I want him to land a Hamilton top pairing spot but I don't think he can do that yet. After his senior year, he will be.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:15 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
IMO the Habs would be better served having St Denis on the big team. His versatility (both sides, both special teams) helps his case as a 7/8D. I can see Tinordi getting games as injuries hit, but I don't think he's quite as ready as FSD, and we might as well take advantage of Tinordi's waiver eligibility and start him in the minors.

Depending on how Desjardins does this season, I wonder if the Habs see him as a contender for cheap backup to Price going forward?

I can see Dumont as a possibility for 13/14F in Montreal.

Leblanc had some good games with the Habs last season, but I don't see him kicking down the door for an opening game starting lineup position yet. Maybe as this season goes on.

I haven't seen much of Archambault, but is he worth signing, let alone putting in the Hamilton top 6? Might there be more upside in looking for an undrafted late bloomer elsewhere, maybe Sarault?
I could see St-Denis with the big club next year, if not I wonder if he would even consider playing in the AHL again when he could make a lot more in a Euro league as he'll turn 27 in 2 months.

I'd also be surprised to see Desjardins back as I would think it would be NHL or Euro league for him but if he's back in Hamilton next season then thats great for the Dogs.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Dumont since he has to clear waivers to play in Hamilton next year, surely if he's in Hamilton it wont be on the 4th line.

I would assume that Leblanc would be on the opening day roster next year.

Archambault looks like he's playing well enough to get a contract, if he doesn't show enough to stick in Hamilton he could easily go to the ECHL for a spell. Having him in the top 6 on another all rookie line seems highly unlikely imo.

Quote:
I'm not taking away from what he's done. His progression is very good and he is promising. He still makes questionable plays when pressured that make me shake my head. I think that will go away with another NCAA season.

Also I feel that if he turns pro at 23, I want him to land a Hamilton top pairing spot but I don't think he can do that yet. After his senior year, he will be.
Have you seen a lot of Michigan games this year?

Old
11-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Disengage

Anyone know if tickets for the Hamilton vs. Rochester game in Montreal are on sale yet?

Old
11-25-2012, 03:30 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Have you seen a lot of Michigan games this year?
4 this season and 15-20 each one before. Why?

Old
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
TroyM

Not a terrible game for the Dogs today considering the score... Desjardins look shaky and the D was somewhat atrocious at times, but that's going to happen this year!

Some good offense though. I though Gallagher and to a lesser extent his linemates Dumont and Blunden, along with Bournival and Avtsin played quite well. Beaulieu was the only stand out on D, but mostly for his slick offense/puck rushing. Loved the sequence where Tinordi drew his second penalty, got put on 1st wave PP and just botched three plays on the blue line, and then quickly went off and Beaulieu came and just looked extra slick, haha. I liked Tinordi for the most part, and I'm a fan of his year, just a funny moment.

EDIT: What is up with Nattinen though? Please don't tell me they scratched this guy. After being one of Hamilton's best players in the last half of last season I feel this guy is getting in the doghouse for no apparent reason. I really like his game and I hope it's a minor injury or something and not a healthy scratch to keep Hagel, Storts, Berger or someone in.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyM View Post

EDIT: What is up with Nattinen though?
I believe Nattinen is injured

Old
11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

If Avtsin played well enough, I don't see why he has to come out of the lineup if this team is so starved for offence.

Move Boyce to the 4th line and put Leblanc on a line with Avtsin. Avtsin maybe a long shot but he has a better chance at being an NHLer than Stortini or Hagel.

Is it that hard a concept, Lefebvre?

Old
11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
4 this season and 15-20 each one before. Why?
Only 1 game has been on national tv this year for Michigan, which is why I ask as I'm curious how you got to see him play this year.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:59 AM
zzoo

Bulldogs may be moved to Laval soon...

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...laval-sous-peu

Old
11-26-2012, 11:10 AM
zzoo

One lesson that I've learned from this early season is that: the gap from Junior and AHL is HUGE. I certainly expected that AHL is better than Jr, but I haven't expected that much different.
A very good Jr player may mean nothing in AHL.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Bulldogs may be moved to Laval soon...

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...laval-sous-peu
yes according to a couple tweets from J-F Chaumont, le place Bell as it will be called is set to begin construction in september 2013 to be complete by 2015.

G. Molson is quoted to saying 'one day i will have good news to announce, but it is too early to say today' ..in other words Bulldogs to laval in 2015...

http://www.rds.ca/bulldogs/chroniques/351937.html

Old
11-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Protest the Hero

I don't care where the bulldogs play, I just want more television coverage.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:12 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Would love the dogs in Laval. I'd go to quite a few games. Maybe season tickets.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Would love the dogs in Laval. I'd go to quite a few games. Maybe season tickets.
I don't think it works that well. A new building means a demand to recoup the expense, which likely translates to higher-than-normal ticket prices for AHL. My friend tells me it's about 40$ for a good seat in Ricoh in Toronto, I can easily imagine charging 30$+ for a Laval AHL Team in a new barn. That's a bit pricey for the A if you ask me and that's without considering higher concession prices as well + possible event parking prices.

Also, you've got the lousy issue of playing in essentially, competition to the Habs. They're going to be playing often on the same nights and let's be honest, seeing a bit of the future is nice but it is really about the Habs. People will stay home or be at bars watching the Habs over seeing a handful of potential future Habs.

Also to consider, you've got the lean talent years issue. The Bulldogs are going to have soft years for quality of the team and having seen the Bulldogs at both ends of their spectrum, brutal AHL teams are a nasty sell.

They tried with the Sherbrooke Canadiens and the Quebec Citadelles in the past. Not sure why things would be different today.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
I don't think it works that well. A new building means a demand to recoup the expense, which likely translates to higher-than-normal ticket prices for AHL. My friend tells me it's about 40$ for a good seat in Ricoh in Toronto, I can easily imagine charging 30$+ for a Laval AHL Team in a new barn. That's a bit pricey for the A if you ask me and that's without considering higher concession prices as well + possible event parking prices.

Also, you've got the lousy issue of playing in essentially, competition to the Habs. They're going to be playing often on the same nights and let's be honest, seeing a bit of the future is nice but it is really about the Habs. People will stay home or be at bars watching the Habs over seeing a handful of potential future Habs.

Also to consider, you've got the lean talent years issue. The Bulldogs are going to have soft years for quality of the team and having seen the Bulldogs at both ends of their spectrum, brutal AHL teams are a nasty sell.

They tried with the Sherbrooke Canadiens and the Quebec Citadelles in the past. Not sure why things would be different today.
Well hockey is more popular than ever. Not really comparable to teams from pre lockout.

Closed Thread