HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Hockeygirl2748

vCash: 500
Last night's contest was awful. I had to turn if off after it was 4-4. Penalties and bad defense are catching up. Hopefully newly signed defenseman Patrick Cullity can help out some. He's better than Ruth or Savard (I know Savard lovers will disagree).

Injury note. Kubalik did not play due to injury. No idea what injury yet, hope to know this evening.

Old
11-24-2012, 05:57 PM
jacketsinDC

JAM looks great in the handful of games i've seen so far... despite his size he also doesn't seem to get manhandled like calvert (i always notice him when he's getting flattened by someone). and johansen looks like NHL johansen, so that's not particularly exciting.

what have you all thought of johansen this year? better or worse than what you expected?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:25 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Last night's contest was awful. I had to turn if off after it was 4-4. Penalties and bad defense are catching up. Hopefully newly signed defenseman Patrick Cullity can help out some. He's better than Ruth or Savard (I know Savard lovers will disagree).

Injury note. Kubalik did not play due to injury. No idea what injury yet, hope to know this evening.
do tell?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:31 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsinDC View Post
JAM looks great in the handful of games i've seen so far... despite his size he also doesn't seem to get manhandled like calvert (i always notice him when he's getting flattened by someone). and johansen looks like NHL johansen, so that's not particularly exciting.

what have you all thought of johansen this year? better or worse than what you expected?
For me i don't seem to notice Johansen offensively (and not because as some people say when you watch the game you don't notice him then look at the score sheet he has a multi point night) he doesn't seem to be in the corners as much and cant seem to find the dead spots in coverage. But i think it's a different story on the defensive end, i always find he is one of the harder working forwards defensively and a really good back checker. As for JAM i agree. he's a fiery little guy. he takes stupid penalties here and there but he's still young. There was a play last night behind the Portland net when he got tangled up with Mathieu Brodeur who he gives up 9" and 35lbs pounds to and gave as many shots as he took and didn't think of backing down. Put a pretty big smile on my face in a game there wasn't much else to cheer for.

EDIT: Also some of Johansen's problem is he's not playing with the skilled wingers he was to start the season and right now he's not leading a line on his own but i think things will change in time

Last edited by stevo61: 11-24-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old
11-24-2012, 07:37 PM
jacketsinDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
For me i don't seem to notice Johansen offensively (and not because as some people say when you watch the game you don't notice him then look at the score sheet he has a multi point night) he doesn't seem to be in the corners as much and cant seem to find the dead spots in coverage. But i think it's a different story on the defensive end, i always find he is one of the harder working forwards defensively and a really good back checker. As for JAM i agree. he's a fiery little guy. he takes stupid penalties here and there but he's still young. There was a play last night behind the Portland net when he got tangled up with Mathieu Brodeur who he gives up 9" and 35lbs pounds to and gave as many shots as he took and didn't think of backing down. Put a pretty big smile on my face in a game there wasn't much else to cheer for.

EDIT: Also some of Johansen's problem is he's not playing with the skilled wingers he was to start the season and right now he's not leading a line on his own but i think things will change in time
yeah i saw that- crazy!

Old
11-24-2012, 07:42 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Jesus, Springfields penalties are killing them. The Monarchs have 3 powerplay goals in the first. 3-1 Manchester. Springfields goal scorer was Johansen

Old
11-24-2012, 08:00 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Any stream?

Old
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Jake Hansen with his first pro goal from Chaput. 3-2

Old
11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Manchester won in the shootout

Old
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
SavesEmNot

Springfield gave up the game-winning goal with 15.6 seconds left in regulation today.

Don't start this ****, Falcons.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
jacketsinDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavesEmNot View Post
Springfield gave up the game-winning goal with 15.6 seconds left in regulation today.

Don't start this ****, Falcons.
? sounds like they're ready to play for the blue jackets.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Any chance that JAM is playing his way into NHL consideration? Do you think he'd have even a remote chance of cracking the roster when the games start up again this season if they ever do?

Old
11-26-2012, 08:21 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Any chance that JAM is playing his way into NHL consideration? Do you think he'd have even a remote chance of cracking the roster when the games start up again this season if they ever do?
I would think it's possible, considering the team's need for scorers. He seems to be playing well in Springfield and I'm sure he'll be in the mix, whenever there is a mix in which to be.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Looking at this team's lack of NHL scoring talent, I'd say he's going to at least get a look at some point.

Whether it translates to the NHL or he's just another Geoff Platt isn't so clear.

11-26-2012, 01:45 PM
candyman82

Quote:
I think he will be among the forwards that are brought to camp, I would be surprised if he made the opening roster.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Bad weekend for the team. McElhinney looked bad, Dainton was not on his game as well. Penalty Kill bombed. Gave up 7 PPG's in 2 games.

Injuries are the biggest problem. Goloubef, Amadio, Weber out on defense. Kubalik, Russell and Bass out at forward and York in goal. More players are playing injured...but we are not going there. No targeting needed. No update on Kubalik, none of my sources have heard anything, slightly worries me to not hear anything.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Bad weekend for the team. McElhinney looked bad, Dainton was not on his game as well. Penalty Kill bombed. Gave up 7 PPG's in 2 games.

Injuries are the biggest problem. Goloubef, Amadio, Weber out on defense. Kubalik, Russell and Bass out at forward and York in goal. More players are playing injured...but we are not going there. No targeting needed. No update on Kubalik, none of my sources have heard anything, slightly worries me to not hear anything.
What is it with this organization and injuries. I know that they are going to happen, but we always seem to be at or near the top of the heap in lost man games by the end of the season.

Just bad luck, or something more to it?

Old
11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Hockeygirl2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
What is it with this organization and injuries. I know that they are going to happen, but we always seem to be at or near the top of the heap in lost man games by the end of the season.

Just bad luck, or something more to it?
Goloubef was bad luck. Had an issue with the other hand/wrist last season, I feel bad for him.

Kubalik I cannot comment on since I have not found out the injury...he's a bit injury prone though.

Injuries happen, but it's insane the amount of defensemen that are injured in a short time and the fact the replacements are injured and cannot be called-up.

Speaking of injuries, Allen York is playing for Evansville tonight. 1st game of the season for the oft-injured goalie.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Link to tonight's game.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1563...-monarchs.html

Old
11-30-2012, 09:06 PM
JacketsFanWest

Poor Allen York. He got sent down to Evansville and is playing his first game of the season for a depleted Evansville team. Blomqvist is out. I think there's 5 defenseman for Evansville on injured reserve.

5 goals allowed on 23 shots for York so far. John McFarland is playing for Cincy.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Byrral

Great comeback for the Falcons. Down 3-0 after two, score five in the third including a shorty by Craig for the game winner 5-4.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Great comeback for the Falcons. Down 3-0 after two, score five in the third including a shorty by Craig for the game winner 5-4.
Craig was an animal tonight. Great comeback by the Falcons

Old
11-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Craig was an animal tonight. Great comeback by the Falcons
Agree. He was the first star tonight. Well deserved.

Old
12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
ndd17
Hate the rags

Any link ?

Old
12-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Kruddler

Seems like Atkinson is doing pretty darn well in Springfield -- just a question: why is he so low in the scrolling list of prospects above?

I know Murray, Savard, and Erixon are pretty highly touted, but do you still think Tynan, Calvert, and Dansk would slot ahead of him?

If the NHL ever gets their **** together, will he be up to start again?

Closed Thread