HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Linus Omark to MTL

Old
11-24-2012, 02:55 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
I would rather give Bourque a chance to turn his game around than throw him away. At worst he is still a 20goal 3rd liner with size. This is an awful proposal neither Bourque or Gionta are overpaid.

I would give Weber for Omark + 2013 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I am willing to bet that the love affair with midgets will be a thing of the past in Montreal under Bergevin. If u look at the cup champion kings, the two smallest players are Brown and Richards and they are pretty mean to play against. Players like Desharnais and Gionta will soon be replaced. There is no chance that the player you speak of from Edmonton will be obtained by Bergevin.
It was a thing of the past under Gauthier. He acquired Eller, Cole and Bourque while dumping Cammalleri. It is obvious gainey's midget team is long dead.

If Oilers want to talk trade put Paajarvi into the pot and the habs can probably help his game but Omark is about as much a bust as one can get.

To Montreal: Paajarvi
To Oilers: Weber + Nashvilles 2013 2nd

Last edited by OneSharpMarble: 11-24-2012 at 03:01 PM.
OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 03:35 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I would rather give Bourque a chance to turn his game around than throw him away. At worst he is still a 20goal 3rd liner with size. This is an awful proposal neither Bourque or Gionta are overpaid.

I would give Weber for Omark + 2013 3rd

It was a thing of the past under Gauthier. He acquired Eller, Cole and Bourque while dumping Cammalleri. It is obvious gainey's midget team is long dead.

If Oilers want to talk trade put Paajarvi into the pot and the habs can probably help his game but Omark is about as much a bust as one can get.

To Montreal: Paajarvi
To Oilers: Weber + Nashvilles 2013 2nd
Weber , rather keep Omark, but he has about the same value as Omark.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Spawn

Omark is brutal at the NHL level. Montreal can have him for free.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Omark is brutal at the NHL level. Montreal can have him for free.
Belanger and Paajarvi says hi...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 04:06 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1531
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
If this was the case, why is he still the Oiler protected list.
I think I read somewhere that the oilers now have a policy that they are trying not to let anyone go for free when they are under 26

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 04:40 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
I'd take Paajarvi for free... if this is what is implied.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 04:42 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I think I read somewhere that the oilers now have a policy that they are trying not to let anyone go for free when they are under 26
You never know what the Oilers policy is, getting information from them is like getting blood out of a stone. They gave Omark a qualifying offer, so it would be safe to say he has value and there must be some interest in him from other teams. The Oilers wouldn't have done it unless there was. Even if it's the Swiss-A league, 34pts in 24 games is not to bad.

Old
11-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I'd take Paajarvi for free... if this is what is implied.
was implying more to their points total last season, it wasnt higher then Omarks rookie season...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
You never know what the Oilers policy is, getting information from them is like getting blood out of a stone. They gave Omark a qualifying offer, so it would be safe to say he has value and there must be some interest in him from other teams. The Oilers wouldn't have done it unless there was. Even if it's the Swiss-A league, 34pts in 24 games is not to bad.
Because Oilers management has never made a mistake...

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:36 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Because Oilers management has never made a mistake...
They make mistakes and it's the someones every year. Not like some teams that change their management more then some people change their underwear.

Old
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Weber , rather keep Omark, but he has about the same value as Omark.
Weber has played almost double the amount of games Omark has and is 1 year younger. What exactly were you thinking you were going to get for the Swedish Robbie Schremp?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:52 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Weber has played almost double the amount of games Omark has and is 1 year younger. What exactly were you thinking you were going to get for the Swedish Robbie Schremp?
Do you honestly believe Weber would crack the top 7 on the Oilers D. Note the Oilers rely on their D for their size and grit, the one thing the Habs D is lacking in.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:00 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Do you honestly believe Weber would crack the top 7 on the Oilers D. Note the Oilers rely on their D for their size and grit, the one thing the Habs D is lacking in.
I believe Weber is a more useful player than Omark will ever be because Omark doesn't belong in the NHL. Is the Oiler defense some amazing collection of defenders all of a sudden?

Oilers add a pick because it is likely Omark never steps foot in the NHL again while Weber has no problem slotting into a 3rd pairing and playing the PP as one of the oilers youngest dmen (time to develop into more).

Old
11-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I believe Weber is a more useful player than Omark will ever be because Omark doesn't belong in the NHL. Is the Oiler defense some amazing collection of defenders all of a sudden?

Oilers add a pick because it is likely Omark never steps foot in the NHL again while Weber has no problem slotting into a 3rd pairing and playing the PP as one of the oilers youngest dmen (time to develop into more).
The pick would be the most valuable piece, so why would the Oil do it? What would Weber bring to the table that would be of any greater value than a guy like Potter? Nothing, and quite frankly I don't want Potter at the table to begin with. Whitney, Smid, Petry, both Schultz's, and Sutton would be our starting 6. The only guy you could debate removing in favor of Weber is Sutton, but we need all the grit size and leadership we can get back there. Peckham and Potter are the extras, players of similar value to Weber. Then factor in Klefbom and Marincin as young guys knocking on the door and I fail to see how acquiring Weber is anything more than an AHL deal.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:00 PM
franfrey*

Omark is one point out of the scoring lead in the Swiss league, only behind his teammate and Detroit prospect Damien Brunner.
At this point, I think he's worth a 3rd or 4th rounder, nothing more.

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:12 PM
glenbuis

I agree that we keep Bourque and give him a shot to resell himself. With regards to Omark I will give you an 8th rounder if you stop drying to dump him on the habs.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:37 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
I agree that we keep Bourque and give him a shot to resell himself. With regards to Omark I will give you an 8th rounder if you stop drying to dump him on the habs.
Nobody is trying to dump Omark on the Habs, the OP is a Habs fans.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:00 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:

trust me when i say we have more than enough 3rd pairing d-men in our system...Weber really isn't needed....just take Omark for free and we can end the drama in Edmonton with this guy. the fact he's still Oiler property right now is amazing! i have heard about being stingy with your talent, but man....

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:48 AM
McTank

Omark to buffalo for jerome gauthier leduc

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:13 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Omark to buffalo for jerome gauthier leduc
The Oilers just let go a very similar player, Jeremie Blain, I'm not sure, but I would think it would be a good bet they would pass.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Omark is just not a useful player at the NHL level. His trade value is pretty much nil.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
The Oilers were a 29th place team last year. They had plenty of brutal players... Difference is that Belanger and Paajarvi are adaptable to different roles. Omark is pretty much top 6 offensive minutes or pout.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I think it is way to soon to dump Bourque. The whole team was a mess last year and its hard to judge Bourqeue on not performing under RC as almost no one did. If he continues to score 18 goals for 3.3M he is maybe slightly over payed, but if he gets to 27 again he is a steal. We also need a physical presence on the second line next to Plekanec and Gionta and right now Bourque is the best option.
Well, we've been through this before in alot of different threads, but I just don't see Bourque as being all that physical. And his 18 goals last year was a bit deceiving because he was on a pace for dramatically fewer for us. And other players did play well and produce well under Cunneyworth. And Bourque did get a lot of icetime and quality icetime to try to break loose partly as a result of the rest of the team going into the tank and players being hurt. Sooooo... while I don't entirely discount the possibility of Bourque bouncing back (just as I don't discount the possibility of Omark making his mark if given a solid NHL opportunity by some team)... it's not something that I would *expect* at this point, given how terrible he looked for us. But we'll see. Maybe, if the league ever does get going again...

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:57 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1531
I think people are putting too much emphases on the stats for that league

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:30 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
The only reason i'd want Linus in mtl is if he came with a side order of nachos.

And our captain isn't getting traded, unless that offer is better than the one you have proposed

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote