HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2012, 01:52 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
anyone able to confirm if the 95 euro one has screen printed numbers?

or does the 259 euro jersey have the sewn on ones?

I think i'll get one.... not sure how much i'll spend tho.

And I am almost certain the sizes are comparable.

Old
11-11-2012, 02:06 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
anyone able to confirm if the 95 euro one has screen printed numbers?

or does the 259 euro jersey have the sewn on ones?

I think i'll get one.... not sure how much i'll spend tho.

And I am almost certain the sizes are comparable.
This is pure speculation, but I would assume that the more expensive one would still have dye-sublimated numbers. Don't confuse this with the terrible one layer printed twill that NHL.com heat presses to jerseys. The dye sublimation process is vastly different, and of much better quality.

Last edited by flountown: 11-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
This is pure speculation, but I would assume that the more expensive one would still have dye-sublimated numbers. Don't confuse this with the terrible one layer printed twill that NHL.com heat presses to jerseys. The dye sublimation process is vastly different, and of much better quality.
The authentics also have sublimated numbers, but do have some sponsor logos embroidered (blue and white jerseys only, not the pink -- that was fully sublimated).

Pro League Authentics has a couple replica Berlin jerseys and some others if you don't want to wait.

Personally, I don't like the jerseys and I'm not a fan of sublimation as it lacks any texture. It's kind of like wearing a heavy weight, dry fit long sleeve... no sense of occasion. My opinion, of course.

Last edited by s3x: 11-12-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Flyers845

I bought it to get it autographed not really to wear it. Maybe I'll wear it to my roller games

Old
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
I bought it to get it autographed not really to wear it. Maybe I'll wear it to my roller games
First there has to be a season to wear them to Flyers games... next, they have to come home to the Flyers to get them signed.

Maybe you can wear them unsigned to roller games... or just maybe... maybe you can get Judy Arnold* to autograph it for you.

* Old-Timers will get this reference.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Got two game issued jerseys stripped and got them turned into these. Also picked up two more preseason jerseys through the Meigray Holiday sale, which will probably be turned into Hartnell and Giroux. 50% off all preseason and training camp jerseys. Got one for $112.50+tax and shipping and the other at $125+. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I just need a reason to wear them now.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-19-2012, 12:26 PM
s3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post

Got two game issued jerseys stripped and got them turned into these. Also picked up two more preseason jerseys through the Meigray Holiday sale, which will probably be turned into Hartnell and Giroux. 50% off all preseason and training camp jerseys. Got one for $112.50+tax and shipping and the other at $125+. Pretty good deal if you ask me. I just need a reason to wear them now.
Did you get any confirmation that they wouldn't be sporting a first initial or just didn't care?

Old
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Did you get any confirmation that they wouldn't be sporting a first initial or just didn't care?
JOTS asked the manager (or something like that) of the NE (IIRC) SkateZone and he said he wasn't 100% certain that they aren't wearing the initial but it seems like they will not based off of the Bauer camp and some other things. Worst comes to worst I get a new name plate for Luke's. Brayden's would be fine because of last year.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:14 PM
flountown

Does the promo price not change until the end? I just emailed their customer service, because it never seemed to drop in price. I am hoping to pick up one in each color for the 2011-12, so no one buy anything until I have my situation figured out,

Old
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Does the promo price not change until the end? I just emailed their customer service, because it never seemed to drop in price. I am hoping to pick up one in each color for the 2011-12, so no one buy anything until I have my situation figured out,
They manually process the credit card orders. The prices on the website itself won't change.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

we really do have the best jerseys in the league. i hope we don't change them anytime soon. i'll take a third but we need to keep that home and away for a while like we did the last ones for what, 25 years? and these are basically the ones from before. were pretty consistent bast ids.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
we really do have the best jerseys in the league. i hope we don't change them anytime soon. i'll take a third but we need to keep that home and away for a while like we did the last ones for what, 25 years? and these are basically the ones from before. were pretty consistent bast ids.
I know I've discussed this before in various places, so please bear with me if you've heard it before in various forms... I believe that the Flyers have (like most Original Six Teams) held true to their unis and have not gone to the recent cartoon-ish money making trend of issuing new ones often to gather the bucks that are always spent by loyal and eager fans to have the latest and complete sets of jerseys -- I suppose it helps that Flyers fans do buy existing jerseys in great numbers... even if they do go wild when new ones are released -- So the Flyers have, except for the last WC and the 3-D one, stayed true and basically evolved their jerseys... and then retro-ed back to what is essentially the day one style... and the Logo (but for the 3-D exception that proves the rule) has only been tweaked in an manner that most people never even noticed... The colors have stayed true with only a somewhat brief excursion to the trendy Black basic, which is still one of the core colors anyway... IMO Mr. Snider is almost totally responsible for all this and he is on record as saying on multiple occasions that the Logo and colors will not change in his lifetime -- and I believe we can bet the farm that the Flyers will only be pried from his cold stiff hands AFTER he has taken his last breath... and I believe he is secretly working on methods to have control even then... That to me is basically the reason that the Flyers jerseys are a the top of NHL and Professional Sports Uniforms in the World... and the Flyers are considered byy most people as one of the Original Seven NHL Teams*

* Personal Note: I find it interesting that the St. Louis Blues, who entered the NHL the exact same time as the Flyers, have basically the original Logo as they entered with -- only tweaking the angle -- and colors and stayed also pretty much true in their main unis yet... and have been a solid and winning Organization... yet they have nowhere near the standing the Flyers have maintained... and have pretty much fallen back with the pack over the decades.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Okay... which of you jersey geeks are gonna be the first on our block to get one of these babies?

Old
11-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Saw this in Dick's today. good news for me.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

So nobody has plans for one of these Bad Boys? ... I'm sooo disappointed.

Captains' jerseys:

Old
11-23-2012, 05:20 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
So nobody has plans for one of these Bad Boys? ... I'm sooo disappointed.

Captains' jerseys:

If they are selling at the game I will most likely pick one up, I don't see any info about purchasing them though

Old
11-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
If they are selling at the game I will most likely pick one up, I don't see any info about purchasing them though
Honestly I have no idea if they will be selling them anywhere... although if there is a buck to be made, whether it be for them or charity, I'd imagine they would... but I thought I'd give anyone who hasn't already seen them a peek of what I got off Twitter.

Understanding the jersey-geekiness of many of the people on here -- and I do say that with all the utmost due respect and envy deserved -- I expected a rash of posts with plans of whom to get and when they will be customized... and hopes of Game Worns... The underwhelming response was disappointing.

... Which reminds me... where are the reports on the Berlin/Euro Leagues jerseys ordered by you guys on here? Were the lettering/numbers worth the costs?

I get a feeling that this is all we will be able to discuss... until heads are removed from arses and agreements are reached on the new CBA. <sigh>

Old
11-23-2012, 06:15 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Honestly I have no idea if they will be selling them anywhere... although if there is a buck to be made, whether it be for them or charity, I'd imagine they would... but I thought I'd give anyone who hasn't already seen them a peek of what I got off Twitter.

Understanding the jersey-geekiness of many of the people on here -- and I do say that with all the utmost due respect and envy deserved -- I expected a rash of posts with plans of whom to get and when they will be customized... and hopes of Game Worns... The underwhelming response was disappointing.

... Which reminds me... where are the reports on the Berlin/Euro Leagues jerseys ordered by you guys on here? Were the lettering/numbers worth the costs?

I get a feeling that this is all we will be able to discuss... until heads are removed from arses and agreements are reached on the new CBA. <sigh>
The shipping is taking an obnoxious amount of time, but it is from Europe and it is a large order so I suppose its understandable. So I have no answers for how it looks yet. I'd love to get my hands on a Stamkos jersey though, I'm planning on getting there early to see if theres any oppurtunity to get auto's. I'm more looking forward to the after party haha.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
The shipping is taking an obnoxious amount of time, but it is from Europe and it is a large order so I suppose its understandable. So I have no answers for how it looks yet. I'd love to get my hands on a Stamkos jersey though, I'm planning on getting there early to see if theres any oppurtunity to get auto's. I'm more looking forward to the after party haha.
I heard the Press Conference is free and open to the Public... but that may be what I saw on the News just now, which means it may have been today (Friday) and already over -- I originally thought it was to be Saturday, but it does make more sense being the day before, DUH haha -- I'm guessing that the PC would be where the fans could maybe get autographs... and the Players could drum up some goodwill for their side.

As for the jerseys... WOW!!! I don't which will happen first; whether the delivery will arrive or the LockOut will end... What has the World come to where we can't rely on anything any longer.

Old
11-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Flyers845

I bought a briere gamer from someone in euro. It took just as long

Old
11-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Okay... how you guys like this special edition?

Old
11-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

The NYC Team (Team Richards) got the cooler unis.

Old
11-24-2012, 06:04 PM
s3x

In case anyone wants to bid....

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi...099&MoreSubs=N

Old
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post

Much thanks...

BTW:
In what World is Steve Eminger's Gamer worth 150% of Coburn's and the same as Kimmo's and Gags'?... Just sayin'.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:08 PM
flountown

Quote:
Much thanks...

BTW:
In what World is Steve Eminger's Gamer worth 150% of Coburn's and the same as Kimmo's and Gags'?... Just sayin'.
When you are selling it to New Yawkers...

Closed Thread