HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Swedish Prospect Update Thread - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 08:33 PM
  #926
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,508
vCash: 500
You guys may want to keep an eye on Hampus Lindholm's status. Some goon threw a dirty hit on him in an offside position. No word yet if there's an injury, but it doesn't look good.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:13 PM
  #927
JAS 39 Gripen
Registered User
 
JAS 39 Gripen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You guys may want to keep an eye on Hampus Lindholm's status. Some goon threw a dirty hit on him in an offside position. No word yet if there's an injury, but it doesn't look good.
he knew what he got himself into when he went over to the states. a life in perril

JAS 39 Gripen is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
  #928
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS 39 Gripen View Post
he knew what he got himself into when he went over to the states. a life in perril
Great...well, he may not be with your U-20 team. That's why I put the message here.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
  #929
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,807
vCash: 500
What are the chances of Nick Sörensen making the U20?

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 03:38 AM
  #930
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You guys may want to keep an eye on Hampus Lindholm's status. Some goon threw a dirty hit on him in an offside position. No word yet if there's an injury, but it doesn't look good.
Oh boy....Our three best D might be out then. Wikstrand, you are next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
What are the chances of Nick Sörensen making the U20?
He was mentioned as a player Rönnberg was keeping an eye on. I have no idea how good he is but the coach should know. Rakell made it out of nowhere a couple of years ago but this team will be deeper on forwards than ever.

Huffman is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:08 PM
  #931
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,988
vCash: 500
any idea when Forsberg will be back?

Cush is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:20 PM
  #932
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You guys may want to keep an eye on Hampus Lindholm's status. Some goon threw a dirty hit on him in an offside position. No word yet if there's an injury, but it doesn't look good.
Lindholm posted a tweet that said he was fine. Hope he was being serious, and there is no actual injury

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 03:00 AM
  #933
Tomas W
Registered User
 
Tomas W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Lindholm posted a tweet that said he was fine. Hope he was being serious, and there is no actual injury
Sounds like he should be back well in time for the WJC.

Tomas W is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 09:29 AM
  #934
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,508
vCash: 500
Lindholm is going to be out for at least a week with a concussion.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 12:01 PM
  #935
novon04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
any idea when Forsberg will be back?
According to his coach:

Quote:
Gabbe and Filip are near a comeback but none of them play today, they are not so far away. Hopefully they are ready to play against Malmo on Friday.

novon04 is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
  #936
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,361
vCash: 500
Apparently Hampus Lindholm will be allowed to participate at the WJC, away from the Admirals.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
  #937
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
A couple of questions about St. Louis prospect Niklas Lundstrom (Brynas):

1. How has he looked on the rare occasions when he's gotten a start?

2. Would it be better for his development to get sent down to an Allsvenskan club, or even Brynas' J20 Superelit squad, where he would play more often, as opposed to opening and closing the bench door for Daniel Larsson every night?

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
  #938
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 25,224
vCash: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Apparently Hampus Lindholm will be allowed to participate at the WJC, away from the Admirals.
Not surprised, but still glad to hear it. I've always felt that's the kind of experience you want a young player to have.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 09:08 PM
  #939
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Not surprised, but still glad to hear it. I've always felt that's the kind of experience you want a young player to have.
Indeed, it doesn't define a career but it definitely gives a prospect ton of experience.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:11 AM
  #940
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,809
vCash: 500
Nygren 16 points in 26 games while +8 ?

That's gotta be looking great from the previous year.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
  #941
djf
Registered User
 
djf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 89
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Nygren 16 points in 26 games while +8 ?

That's gotta be looking great from the previous year.
With so many defensemen lost to injury so far I think he's been given a bigger role, and been filling it. Still don't think he'll ever be an NHL-regular, more likely a good SEL-player.

djf is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 11:09 AM
  #942
Howe Elbows 9
Registered User
 
Howe Elbows 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gävle, Sweden
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
A couple of questions about St. Louis prospect Niklas Lundstrom (Brynas):

1. How has he looked on the rare occasions when he's gotten a start?

2. Would it be better for his development to get sent down to an Allsvenskan club, or even Brynas' J20 Superelit squad, where he would play more often, as opposed to opening and closing the bench door for Daniel Larsson every night?
AIK, not Brynäs. Someone who plays roughly 25% of the games should generally not be sent to juniors, in my opinion. I think he benefits more from playing in Elitserien, though if he could find more playing time with a club in Allsvenskan he should go there instead. The other goalies in the organization are only signed to junior contracts, though, so that doesn't look likely.

Howe Elbows 9 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 12:29 PM
  #943
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
AIK, not Brynäs. Someone who plays roughly 25% of the games should generally not be sent to juniors, in my opinion. I think he benefits more from playing in Elitserien, though if he could find more playing time with a club in Allsvenskan he should go there instead. The other goalies in the organization are only signed to junior contracts, though, so that doesn't look likely.
They have Alexander Hamberg signed actually, who was first assigned to Almtuna but is now loaned to division 1. They will certainly recall him during the WJC. If they wanted they could keep Hamberg and send Lundström somewhere instead(Hamberg is a quality Allsvenskan goalie imo, but not so sure about Elitserien).

joe89 is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 01:35 PM
  #944
derriko
Registered User
 
derriko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indianapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 500
Zibanejad is being held from participating in the WJC by Ottawa...

derriko is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 02:57 PM
  #945
MBauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MI
Country: United States
Posts: 751
vCash: 500
Is this real life? a 2 goal game from Jarnkrok.

MBauer is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
  #946
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
AIK, not Brynäs.


Thanks. I knew that; was thinking of Sebastian Wännström for some reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
Someone who plays roughly 25% of the games should generally not be sent to juniors, in my opinion. I think he benefits more from playing in Elitserien, though if he could find more playing time with a club in Allsvenskan he should go there instead. The other goalies in the organization are only signed to junior contracts, though, so that doesn't look likely.
Did you see his game today vs. league-leading HV71, in which he turned aside 36 of 38 shots in three periods and overtime before losing in a shootout?

Any scouting report?

Also, what, in your opinion, is the likelihood of Lundström "crossing the pond" next year to at least show up for Blues' camp and measure himself against the other prospect goalies who will be there -- Jake Allen, Jordan Binnington (having a breakout year in the OHL), and Paul Karpowich?

Thanks in advance.

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:07 PM
  #947
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
Is this real life? a 2 goal game from Jarnkrok.
They're finally beginning to go in

The Nose is offline  
Old
11-29-2012, 10:59 PM
  #948
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,807
vCash: 500
Sweden's U20 head coach is in Quebec this week checking out Sorensen.

SergeConstantin74 is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
  #949
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 42,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Can anyone tell me anything about Kevin Ekman-Larsson?
Anyone? Anything?

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
11-30-2012, 03:03 AM
  #950
Howe Elbows 9
Registered User
 
Howe Elbows 9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gävle, Sweden
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
They have Alexander Hamberg signed actually, who was first assigned to Almtuna but is now loaned to division 1. They will certainly recall him during the WJC. If they wanted they could keep Hamberg and send Lundström somewhere instead(Hamberg is a quality Allsvenskan goalie imo, but not so sure about Elitserien).
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Did you see his game today vs. league-leading HV71, in which he turned aside 36 of 38 shots in three periods and overtime before losing in a shootout?
No, I don't follow AIK (they're the wrong AIK team for me - I follow Skellefteå AIK), so I can't give you a scouting report. I can only point you in the direction of game highlights - http://www.elitserienplay.se

The decision to go to North America for a camp seems to be influenced by many factors aside from how well someone is playing - how much the organization communicates with a player, what the organization expects from them in the near future, etc. Without knowing these things, your guess is as good as mine (unless you've heard any opinions from someone in the Blues organization, because then you know more than me).

Howe Elbows 9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.