HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

In the System Part III (All Preds minor league and prospect talk)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
  #326
maruk60
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
What is the latest news on Beck? Haven't seen an update since the injury.

maruk60 is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 12:48 AM
  #327
Teekko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
3 helpers for Leipsic tonight. He is now 8th in the WHL in points with 32 points in 20 games

Teekko is online now  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:21 AM
  #328
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teko74 View Post
3 helpers for Leipsic tonight. He is now 8th in the WHL in points with 32 points in 20 games
Wasn't he hailed as a defensive agitator?

Looks like we picked up a diamond in the rough, if he can keep this going.

Top 6 Spaling is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:07 PM
  #329
Glory
Registered User
 
Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#5086efef5253b


Pickard in net and Åberg playing (Patric Hörnqvist too) in white

Glory is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 11:51 PM
  #330
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maruk60 View Post
What is the latest news on Beck? Haven't seen an update since the injury.
The Admirals Roundtable of Nov 18th said that his recovery time is unknown.

adsfan is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 12:23 AM
  #331
AdmiralsFan24
Registered User
 
AdmiralsFan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Think the Admirals playoff streak is going to be broken this year. This team just isn't that good relative to the rest of the league.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 01:14 PM
  #332
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
My local sports station is picking up the Ads game tonight. No choppy stream tonight. Now I've just got to grab some beer and I'm set.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 02:14 PM
  #333
Teekko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Wasn't he hailed as a defensive agitator?

Looks like we picked up a diamond in the rough, if he can keep this going.
another two point game for him

1 goal 1 assist

Teekko is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 02:16 PM
  #334
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,259
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Wasn't he hailed as a defensive agitator?

Looks like we picked up a diamond in the rough, if he can keep this going.
meh... Tootoo was a scorer in the WHL....

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 07:26 PM
  #335
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
Jarvinen leaves his man wide open in the slot on the PP which results in a goal for Chicago.

Some solid work along the boards. Watson drives to the net taking a man with him allowing Puustinen the time and space to capitalize on a rebound.

1-1.

Latta gets a freebie. Steals a Chicago breakout pass right in the slot but Lack gets a piece of it.


Last edited by Everlong: 11-24-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 07:48 PM
  #336
Fortheloveofthegame
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
Huge turnover by Chicago defence! Would have been great if Latta had buried it just before period ended!
Good pace!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 08:05 PM
  #337
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
Bang with a laser of a wristshot off the far post and in.

The Puustinen - Watson - Bang line has been the best by far in terms of overall play.

2-1 ads.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
  #338
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
3-2 odd-man rush for Chicago. Valentine drifts over to the man already being covered leaving Schroeder open who gets the puck and goes high glove on Hellberg.

2-2.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:25 PM
  #339
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
What a bizare goal. One of the Chicago players bunts the puck, waist-high from the red line, Kassian pounces on it and puts it home on the doorstep.

3-2.

Ads come right back! Next shift Ellis' point shot deflected by Watson!

3-3.

Edit: Going to overtime.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:26 PM
  #340
kirant
Kiprusoffarian
 
kirant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 272
vCash: 571
Watching this game on TV.

I haven't had much chance to watch Hellberg much this year, but he's looked pretty solid when asked on this game. On the Kassian goal, I'm not sure I can fault him on it.

Is this par for the course (and that his stats are outliers)? Or is this the first time he's really looked pretty good this season?

kirant is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:33 PM
  #341
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
Is this par for the course (and that his stats are outliers)? Or is this the first time he's really looked pretty good this season?
I can't really comment, I've only seen 2 of his starts this year. He's controlling his rebounds much better tonight though.

Watson steals the puck in the offensive zone and sets up a scoring opportunity for Blum. Lack makes a great save unfortunately. 1min left in OT.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:37 PM
  #342
kirant
Kiprusoffarian
 
kirant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 272
vCash: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
I can't really comment, I've only seen 2 of his starts this year. He's controlling his rebounds much better tonight though.
Tonight, the biggest weaknesses I see is the occasional rebound and his somewhat passive movements. He always seems further back than you'd want out of a goaltender his size. About half the time, he looks like he's right on the goal line, even on far shots.

kirant is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:39 PM
  #343
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
Tonight, the biggest weaknesses I see is the occasional rebound and his somewhat passive movements. He always seems further back than you'd want out of a goaltender his size. About half the time, he looks like he's right on the goal line, even on far shots.
Excellent observation. He's a big boy, he should be playing further out. I think that goes hand in hand with confidence. He's had a decent game but still looks shaky.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:44 PM
  #344
Everlong
JoeyBats
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,709
vCash: 500
Watson and Blum score in the shootout to win it!!

Watson 3 pt night.

Everlong is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 10:50 PM
  #345
Teekko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Leipsic keeps on scoring...

2G 2A so far. He is now tied for 4th in the WHL for points

Teekko is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:12 PM
  #346
Teekko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
UPDATED

JUNIOR PROSPECTS

WHL:
Colton Sissons: GP:24 G:10 A:14 PTS:24 +/-:21
Brendan Leipsic: GP:22 G:15 A:23 PTS: 38 +/-:11

OHL:
Simon Karlsson: GP:18 G:1 A:7 PTS:8 +/-:4
Mikko Vainonen: GP:24 G:1 A:7 PTS:8 +/-:-6

QMJHL:
Brent Andrews: GP:24 G:5 A:11 PTS:16 +/-:6

AMERICAN PROSPECTS

NCAA:
Chase Bailsy: GP:10 G:3 A:3 PTS:6
Garrett Noonan: GP:11 G:1 A:5 PTS:6
Zach Budish: GP:13 G:3 A:7 PTS:10
Jim Vesey: GP:7 G:5 A:3 PTS:8
Nick Oliver: GP:12 G:0 A:3 PTS:3

USHL:
Zach Stepan: GP:15 G:12 A:15 PTS:27 +/-:9

INTERNATIONAL PROSPECTS

SEL:
Max Gortz: GP:25 G:4 A:2 PTS:6
Simon Fernholm: GP:5 G:0 A:1 PTS:1

Allsvenskan:
Pontus Aberg: GP:24 G:4 A:6 PTS:10

SM-liiga:
Mikka Salomaki: GP:24 G:3 A:8 PTS:11
Joonas Rask: GP:25 G:3 A:3 PTS:6

PRO PROSPECTS

AHL Prospects:
Anthony Bitetto: GP:5 G:0 A:0 PTS:0 +/-:0
Ryan Ellis: GP:3 G:0 A:2 PTS:2 +/-:0
Jonathon Blum: GP:17 G:1 A:6 PTS:7 +/-:-8
Patrick Cehlin: GP:15 G:5 A:7 PTS:12 +/-:-1
Mattias Ekholm: GP:17 G:3 A:6 PTS:9 +/-:-1
Charles Roussel: GP:1 G:0 A:0 PTS:0 +/-:1
Ben Ryan: GP:16 G:0 A:1 PTS:1 +/-:-3
Michael Latta: GP:17 G:2 A:7 PTS:9 +/-:-4
Gabriel Bourque: GP:5 G:1 A:3 PTS:4 +/-:-2
Daniel Bang: GP:12 G:3 A:6 PTS:9 +/-:5
Scott Valentine: GP:17 G:1 A:3 PTS:4 +/-:5
Jani Lajunen: GP:17 G:0 A:0 PTS:0 +/-:-9
Josh Shalla: GP:5 G:0 A:2 PTS:2 +/-:-2
Jack MacLellan: GP:16 G:0 A:1 PTS:1 +/-:-10
Joonas Jarvinen: GP:16 G:1 A:0 PTS:1 +/-:-5
Taylor Beck: GP:13 G:3 A:9 PTS:12 +/-:0
Austin Watson: GP:17 G:7 A:6 PTS:13 +/-:7
Victor Bartley: GP:17 G:0 A:5 PTS:5 +/-:-4
Cam Reid: GP:4 G:0 A:1 PTS:1 +/-:0
Juuso Puustinen: GP:16 G:2 A:7 PTS:9 +/-:0

ECHL Prospects:
Cam Reid: GP:7 G:2 A:3 PTS:5 +/-:4
Charles Roussel: GP:7 G:1 A:2 PTS:3 +/-:6
Josh Shalla: GP:3 G:1 A:0 PTS:1 +/-:-1

Teekko is online now  
Old
11-24-2012, 11:15 PM
  #347
Hockeyfever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Watson's Big Night

Watson was all over the ice tonight. Good game defensively as well as on the offensive side. He has been on a tear. He has moved up to 8th in AHL Rookie scoring. As far as team stats go he is leading the team in points and is tied for the team lead in goals. Watson also leads the team in =/- with a plus 7. He has really adapted well so far. I was glad that Milwaukee was able to win a tough road game and hopefully they will beat
the Griffins tomorrow. Go Ads!

Hockeyfever is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
  #348
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,259
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by teko74 View Post
UPDATED

JUNIOR PROSPECTS

WHL:
Colton Sissons: GP:24 G:10 A:14 PTS:24 +/-:21
Brendan Leipsic: GP:22 G:15 A:23 PTS: 38 +/-:11

OHL:
Simon Karlsson: GP:18 G:1 A:7 PTS:8 +/-:4
Mikko Vainonen: GP:24 G:1 A:7 PTS:8 +/-:-6

QMJHL:
Brent Andrews: GP:24 G:5 A:11 PTS:16 +/-:6

AMERICAN PROSPECTS

NCAA:
Chase Bailsy: GP:10 G:3 A:3 PTS:6
Garrett Noonan: GP:11 G:1 A:5 PTS:6
Zach Budish: GP:13 G:3 A:7 PTS:10
Jim Vesey: GP:7 G:5 A:3 PTS:8
Nick Oliver: GP:12 G:0 A:3 PTS:3

USHL:
Zach Stepan: GP:15 G:12 A:15 PTS:27 +/-:9

INTERNATIONAL PROSPECTS

SEL:
Max Gortz: GP:25 G:4 A:2 PTS:6
Simon Fernholm: GP:5 G:0 A:1 PTS:1

Allsvenskan:
Pontus Aberg: GP:24 G:4 A:6 PTS:10

SM-liiga:
Mikka Salomaki: GP:24 G:3 A:8 PTS:11
Joonas Rask: GP:25 G:3 A:3 PTS:6

PRO PROSPECTS

AHL Prospects:
Anthony Bitetto: GP:5 G:0 A:0 PTS:0 +/-:0
Ryan Ellis: GP:3 G:0 A:2 PTS:2 +/-:0
Jonathon Blum: GP:17 G:1 A:6 PTS:7 +/-:-8
Patrick Cehlin: GP:15 G:5 A:7 PTS:12 +/-:-1
Mattias Ekholm: GP:17 G:3 A:6 PTS:9 +/-:-1
Charles Roussel: GP:1 G:0 A:0 PTS:0 +/-:1
Ben Ryan: GP:16 G:0 A:1 PTS:1 +/-:-3
Michael Latta: GP:17 G:2 A:7 PTS:9 +/-:-4
Gabriel Bourque: GP:5 G:1 A:3 PTS:4 +/-:-2
Daniel Bang: GP:12 G:3 A:6 PTS:9 +/-:5
Scott Valentine: GP:17 G:1 A:3 PTS:4 +/-:5
Jani Lajunen: GP:17 G:0 A:0 PTS:0 +/-:-9
Josh Shalla: GP:5 G:0 A:2 PTS:2 +/-:-2
Jack MacLellan: GP:16 G:0 A:1 PTS:1 +/-:-10
Joonas Jarvinen: GP:16 G:1 A:0 PTS:1 +/-:-5
Taylor Beck: GP:13 G:3 A:9 PTS:12 +/-:0
Austin Watson: GP:17 G:7 A:6 PTS:13 +/-:7
Victor Bartley: GP:17 G:0 A:5 PTS:5 +/-:-4
Cam Reid: GP:4 G:0 A:1 PTS:1 +/-:0
Juuso Puustinen: GP:16 G:2 A:7 PTS:9 +/-:0

ECHL Prospects:
Cam Reid: GP:7 G:2 A:3 PTS:5 +/-:4
Charles Roussel: GP:7 G:1 A:2 PTS:3 +/-:6
Josh Shalla: GP:3 G:1 A:0 PTS:1 +/-:-1
im no prospect guru by any means but doesnt it seem that Puustinen and Salomaki are underperforming from where we thought they would be? werent we thinking they would both be scorers? or am I misremembering?

Just looking at that list I dont see a whole lot of hope for eventually replacing guys like Erat or SK in three years or so...

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:29 AM
  #349
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,856
vCash: 239
I'm glad to see Watson doing well in the Preds system. I've been a quiet supporter of his since the draft when I wanted the Avs to take him, looked like we were both going to get solid picks until Hishon got blindsided.

Do Preds fans see a spot in the NHL for Watson anytime soon or will he be slowly developed in the AHL for another couple years curiously?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:12 AM
  #350
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,259
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'm glad to see Watson doing well in the Preds system. I've been a quiet supporter of his since the draft when I wanted the Avs to take him, looked like we were both going to get solid picks until Hishon got blindsided.

Do Preds fans see a spot in the NHL for Watson anytime soon or will he be slowly developed in the AHL for another couple years curiously?
if they had their 'druthers, i'd say they would take it slow... but you never know what will happen with injuries...

PredsV82 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.