HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Drizzt1

vCash: 500
Guys, been thinking and thinking about the wingers Duchene could have to live up to potential, and wondered if Duchy was paired with Parenteau on the right, could Agozzino maybe play left wing, or do you think he's too small, and probably not ready yet?

He was outstanding for the Icedogs, and captained that team for three years, so seems to HAVE the maturity and potential leadership?

Old
11-22-2012, 07:25 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
Guys, been thinking and thinking about the wingers Duchene could have to live up to potential, and wondered if Duchy was paired with Parenteau on the right, could Agozzino maybe play left wing, or do you think he's too small, and probably not ready yet?

He was outstanding for the Icedogs, and captained that team for three years, so seems to HAVE the maturity and potential leadership?
I don't think Agozzino is signed by us.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Zandar

Quote:

It's possible he could be productive with Duchene with PA on the other wing. Aggz and Duchene seem to lean more towards shooting than passing but with PA setting them up...having both on the same line may not be an issue. The best part about playing with talented players like those two is that they will create more space for Aggz. As long as the line doesn't have to do the dump and chase routine, they should be effective together.

Have to sign him first but that may not be an issue once the new cba is in place. Probably give him this full season in the AHL while we see if Hejduk can still be effective as a scorer.

Old
11-22-2012, 10:50 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
This has a real "The Season" feel to it.

http://www.whl.ca/article/blades-doc...emieres-friday

RS, I'm guessing you will be featured prominently in this?? If not you should DEMAND to at least be able to narrate it. If they already have a narrator, contact a guy named Jeff Gilooly and he'll take care of the rest.
Make sure you tune in. It's actually fantastic. The most in-depth look behind at CHL hockey that has ever been done. I had a chance to watch the rough cut and the final cut of episode 1 and it's worth watching for any hockey fan.

Siemens isn't featured in the first episode, but he'll get his airtime eventually considering it's 8, one-hour episodes.

And yes, I'm in it a couple of times both on camera in the background and with my voice calling portions of games doing colour.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Cullen Bohannon

Quote:

I personally see Sgarbossa being the third man on that line next season. Since this year there won't be any NHL anyway, gives him a year to get adjusted to bigger, stronger competition.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Make sure you tune in. It's actually fantastic. The most in-depth look behind at CHL hockey that has ever been done. I had a chance to watch the rough cut and the final cut of episode 1 and it's worth watching for any hockey fan.

Siemens isn't featured in the first episode, but he'll get his airtime eventually considering it's 8, one-hour episodes.

And yes, I'm in it a couple of times both on camera in the background and with my voice calling portions of games doing colour.
I'll be tuning in for sure.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
I personally see Sgarbossa being the third man on that line next season. Since this year there won't be any NHL anyway, gives him a year to get adjusted to bigger, stronger competition.
Me too...if all goes well. I see Sgarbossa as having a playing style comparable to Fleischmann's...could be a great fit.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:00 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Thoughts go out to Blades D Duncan Siemens and his family. Siemens isn't playing tonight and is back home with his ailing father, who is in hospital.

Old
11-23-2012, 09:44 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Sounds like a kidney issue with his father having diabetes. Hoping he pulls through.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:52 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

here's hoping...was interested for the Smith, Lipon v Siemens matchup

Old
11-24-2012, 12:09 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Damn dude, his father? My prays go to his family.

Also RS: is it going to be shown in the US?

Old
11-24-2012, 02:10 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Damn dude, his father? My prays go to his family.

Also RS: is it going to be shown in the US?
Not sure what you guys get for coverage from Sportsnet's website. I know it will be on their website in a few days, but not sure if you guys are restricted from viewing from the states.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Not sure what you guys get for coverage from Sportsnet's website. I know it will be on their website in a few days, but not sure if you guys are restricted from viewing from the states.
You were right, it was pretty good.

I was surprised to see the guy I affectionately always referred to as "The Curti" as an assistant coach. I didn't know he ended back up where he started, good for him.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Glasscog

Where is Troy Bourke?

Old
11-25-2012, 11:53 AM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Where is Troy Bourke?
Well he is having a down scoring year, but that could probably be attributed to playing on a low scoring, poor team, with little supporting cast. This year will not be a good judge of what he can and can't do. He needs to come to LEM next year and play with some better players to help with his development.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:26 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

He's injured with an upper body injury for 1-2 weeks and it has already been close to the 2 weeks, so he should be back soon.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

Had the chance to watch Bourke 4-5 times before his injury and he was playing really well, despite the lack of points. Kid works hard and has a ton of hockey sense.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Freaky Styley

Ryan Murray is likely out for the season with a torn labrum. Could this open the door for Siemens to get a crack at the WJC team?

Old
11-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
Ryan Murray is likely out for the season with a torn labrum. Could this open the door for Siemens to get a crack at the WJC team?
Possible. Siemens is exactly what Canada needs but is he what Canada wants?

Old
11-27-2012, 10:44 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
I don't think Agozzino is signed by us.
I don't think so, but Avs could've influenced Lake Erie on who to sign and I think there is a good possiblity that Avs will invite him to the next years training camp.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
McKenzie has

Hamilton
Reilly
Harrington
Oullet
Murphy

as certain.

Then a big group with Siemens in there after that. Tough competition with Reinhart, Dumba, Ceci in there.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:14 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Possible. Siemens is exactly what Canada needs but is he what Canada wants?
Is it wrong that I read this in a "Dark Knight" type of way?

"Siemens isn't the defenseman Canada needs right now, but the one it deserves"

Old
11-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
McKenzie has

Hamilton
Reilly
Harrington
Oullet
Murphy

as certain.

Then a big group with Siemens in there after that. Tough competition with Reinhart, Dumba, Ceci in there.
Don't know much about Oullet, but I hope that if Murphy is there it's only as an extra D. I get it's on big ice but I hate how every time he is on the ice he tries to do everything himself and is at times a liability defensively because of it. With Reilly and Hamilton able to produce offense, 1 more 2-way guy is fine.. we don't need 2 pure offensive dman with plenty of 2 way guys able to produce.

But ya, either way seems like Siemens will have tough competition.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I don't think so, but Avs could've influenced Lake Erie on who to sign and I think there is a good possiblity that Avs will invite him to the next years training camp.
Lake Erie is not influenced by the Avs but rather ran by them. The entire coaching staff and management group are through the Avs. It's one of those situations where the affiliate runs the show. If a new CBA happened this season, Aggz could be signed by the Avs at any time if they felt it worth their time.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:30 AM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
McKenzie has

Hamilton
Reilly
Harrington
Oullet
Murphy

as certain.

Yeah tough situation to be in. In all honesty if it wasn't about who played last year and could play next year too along with other fun stuff, Siemens would be a great option if everyones heads weren't stuck in the offensive numbers clouds. His skating, reach and all around play is enticing but may not be enough when you have bigger "names" available.

Closed Thread