HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo GDT | Bingo vs Queer as Folk| Win 7 for the Deer (and 10 straight)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 11:03 PM
  #176
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Coach MacLean made it sound like yesterday that the better goalie of the two guys in Bingo right now would be the back up in Ottawa if the lockout ends this year. I'm not convinced of this but it'd be hard to turn Lehner down if he continues to play like this into Christmas.

The org clearly has very expectations for him and so far he's probably surpassed them. They literally told him to go dominate the AHL this year, and that's exactly what he's doing.
Def will be his last year in Bingo the way he has handled himself on the ice and off, great to see..he really has settled down and is playing up to the challenge w/Bishop right next to him..

Great effort tonight, this team has been fun to watch..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:25 PM
  #177
pepty
Registered User
 
pepty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,781
vCash: 400
Lehner and Bishop look like a pretty dangerous duo in Bingo and they may be the tandem here next year. Anderson has played well but he may be the trade bait next year rather than Bishop.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:10 AM
  #178
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,986
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Lehner and Bishop look like a pretty dangerous duo in Bingo and they may be the tandem here next year. Anderson has played well but he may be the trade bait next year rather than Bishop.
Yeah, typical Sens. "Thanks for your awesome goaltending in front of a weak defence and don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out." He's a good goalie and I'd hate to see him tossed out on the street just because a young'n is coming up through the system. So little respect for veterans.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:23 AM
  #179
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Yeah, typical Sens. "Thanks for your awesome goaltending in front of a weak defence and don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out." He's a good goalie and I'd hate to see him tossed out on the street just because a young'n is coming up through the system. So little respect for veterans.
Meh, I think Andy get's pretty overrated on these boards. Go ask Avs fans what they think of him. Not to say he is bad, but just overrated by Sens fans. And don't forget, he was brought in just to hold the fort till the guy the Sens drafted, were developing, and had high hopes for was ready

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:32 AM
  #180
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,932
vCash: 500
Anderson was nothing short of amazing in last year's playoffs. Overrated you say? I say he deserves at least one more year here.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:46 AM
  #181
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,205
vCash: 500
Yes, he was good in last years playoffs, however that is a small sample size to judge for the rest of his contract. He was amazing in the playoffs for Colorado too. And no, I don't think Lehner is ready to start if the lockout ends. However, if he keeps playing the way he has been he should be given a fair chance to start next year

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:03 AM
  #182
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Meh, I think Andy get's pretty overrated on these boards. Go ask Avs fans what they think of him. Not to say he is bad, but just overrated by Sens fans. And don't forget, he was brought in just to hold the fort till the guy the Sens drafted, were developing, and had high hopes for was ready
I would say he's underrated if anything. He was as good as lundqvist last playoffs. What more do you want? I've got to get a copy of that first game he played against the leafs. What an amazing performance that was. I could not believe it. 47 saves in reg. and a 1-0 shootout win skating down the bench cheering the players on in his first game as a senator.
We should all get together and watch that once a month.
Hasn't disappointed since.


Last edited by Icelevel: 11-25-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:26 AM
  #183
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
I would say he's underrated if anything. He was as good as lundqvist last playoffs. What more do you want? I've got to get a copy of that first game he played against the leafs. What an amazing performance that was. I could not believe it. 47 saves in reg. and a 1-0 shootout win skating down the bench cheering the players on in his first game as a senator.
We should all get together and watch that once a month.
Hasn't disappointed since.
I haven't said he has was bad, and I agree he has been great. I just think that sometimes he gets just a tiny bit too much praise here. Also, just because he has been great doesn't mean he will keep being great, as he has a history of getting worse the longer he stays in one place.

Overall my point isn't to knock on Anderson, but say even if he plays great stay the course with Lehner, because he is our goalie of the future

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:32 AM
  #184
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,803
vCash: 500
I'd definitely put Anderson in the underrated category. He was arguably the team MVP last year on a team that featured an almost PPG Norris winner and a top 5 scorer in the NHL. I'd bet that Andy was one of the 3 stars in at least 60% of Ottawa's wins last year and that's all from a guy that will never get recognition as a top 10 guy in his position. Very underrated imo.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:51 AM
  #185
Emerica
Thank You Alfie
 
Emerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Meh, I think Andy get's pretty overrated on these boards. Go ask Avs fans what they think of him. Not to say he is bad, but just overrated by Sens fans. And don't forget, he was brought in just to hold the fort till the guy the Sens drafted, were developing, and had high hopes for was ready
Obviously Avs fan are going to ***** on Anderson, just like we *****ed on Elliott when he left.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:54 AM
  #186
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,743
vCash: 50
Zibanejad is becoming so frustrating to watch.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:07 AM
  #187
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,685
vCash: 500
re: goalies.

scenario A: NHL returns this season.

Andy is the starter
Bishop is the backup


- bishop is not waiver exempt. Lehner may or may not be ready. In order for lehner to pass bishop, he has to exceed bishop's ability by the amount that makes losing bishop for free worth it.


scenario B: NHL returns next season.

Anderson is the starter
Bishop and Lehner battle for the backup job. Lehner is still waiver-exempt, while bishop is not. Which means that lehner's value still has to be more than bishop's + the cost of losing bishop for free.

Most likely scenario.

2012-13 (however much of that happens)
NHL starter - Anderson
NHL backup - Bishop
AHL starter - Lehner

2013-14
NHL starter - Anderson
NHL backup - Bishop
AHL starter - Lehner

2014-15
NHL starter - Lehner/Bishop
NHL backup - Anderson
AHL starter - Lehner/Bishop


i'm predicting lehner as a part time NHL goalie in the 2013 season and full time NHL goalie in the 2014 season.


edit: apparently i still have the ability to edit sportsclubstats for bingo (no, i'm not "matt grande'). I've updated the site including saturday's games. Take a look at bingo: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/hocke...inghamton.html. Basically, to make the playoffs we pretty much have to be 2 games over .500 now.


Last edited by danishh: 11-25-2012 at 06:31 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:24 AM
  #188
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,425
vCash: 500
Losing Bishop for free? We can trade him...

And if the only option is losing him for nothing, then that probably means he is sucking and therefore that it would be worth it to promote an in-form Lehner at his expense.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
  #189
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,010
vCash: 500
I can't believe so many people are saying trading Anderson in a good idea. Lehner has been great but there's no sense in going with two rookies and throwing away the stability Anderson gives us

You all sound like leafs fans

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
  #190
Pitlick*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,134
vCash: 500
It seems crazy to trade Anderson, but I think Lehner will be great.

I'd prefer to play some of the NHL season (either this season or next season), where hopefully Lehner shows he can be a starter, but Anderson plays well too.

The Sens normally trade guys like this to places they'd like (Fisher: Nashville, Kelly: Boston). So I would assume Anderson would be traded to his hometown, Chicago, who happens to have horrible goaltending. It's the one place we could trade him where he wouldn't be upset with the Sens organization.

So, what would we have to add to a mid-season trade involving an in-form Anderson to pick up Brent Seabrook?

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
  #191
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,986
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
danishh....finally a non-prejudicial discussion of goalies. +1 for you.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:15 AM
  #192
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Zibanejad is becoming so frustrating to watch.
He got 2 pts last night.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:18 AM
  #193
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
danishh....finally a non-prejudicial discussion of goalies. +1 for you.
He's right in saying that, subject to certain conditions, the better goalie will play. But if the assumption is that (1) Bishop has no trade value, then his postulated condition for Lehner's promotion that (2) Lehner be better than Bishop by the amount of losing Bishop "for free", is entirely meaningless.

If Bishop has no trade value, then there is effectively no cost to losing him "for free", and no additional condition to be met if Lehner is to be promoted. Under his assumption, if Lehner is deemed even 1% better than Bishop, he will play. There is no condition if that assumption is made - the better goalie will be the back-up.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:09 AM
  #194
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
He's right in saying that, subject to certain conditions, the better goalie will play. But if the assumption is that (1) Bishop has no trade value, then his postulated condition for Lehner's promotion that (2) Lehner be better than Bishop by the amount of losing Bishop "for free", is entirely meaningless.

If Bishop has no trade value, then there is effectively no cost to losing him "for free", and no additional condition to be met if Lehner is to be promoted. Under his assumption, if Lehner is deemed even 1% better than Bishop, he will play. There is no condition if that assumption is made - the better goalie will be the back-up.
Wait, I'm too lazy to read back, but did someone insinuate that Ben Bishop has no trade value?

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:38 AM
  #195
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Wait, I'm too lazy to read back, but did someone insinuate that Ben Bishop has no trade value?
He assumed Bishop couldn't be traded in his analysis.

The general rule is -> the better goalie plays. If it's a margin call and we want to keep all 3, maybe Lehner stays in the minors, but if Bishop has 0 trade value, you can bet your ass he will be dumped (if he is only worth a waiver claim, then that is NOT going to stop Lehner from being promoted) and that Lehner (assuming he keeps it up) will be promoted to the O-Sens.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
  #196
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
He assumed Bishop couldn't be traded in his analysis.

The general rule is -> the better goalie plays. If it's a margin call and we want to keep all 3, maybe Lehner stays in the minors, but if Bishop has 0 trade value, you can bet your ass he will be dumped and that Lehner (assuming he keeps it up) will be promoted to the O-Sens.
There's also the factor of development, if they feel Lehner won't get more than 10-20 as a backup, staying in the AHL could be preferred for the remainder of the year.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
  #197
source
Registered User
 
source's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
There's also the factor of development, if they feel Lehner won't get more than 10-20 as a backup, staying in the AHL could be preferred for the remainder of the year.
Agreed. And if Bishop and Lehner are both performing (but at a level below Anderson), then we will keep Lehner in the AHL.

Lehner is just playing out of his mind right now, and if the lockout ended today, we'd probably start with 3 goalies in the NHL.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
  #198
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Orkney Islands
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Meh, I think Andy get's pretty overrated on these boards. Go ask Avs fans what they think of him. Not to say he is bad, but just overrated by Sens fans. And don't forget, he was brought in just to hold the fort till the guy the Sens drafted, were developing, and had high hopes for was ready
He had one poor partial season in Colorado and was lights out as soon as he got out of Denver. If anything he is underrated. He's put up solid, or better, numbers everywhere he's been in the NHL. He's been great in the playoffs.

When has the Senators organization ever stated that he was just brought in the hold the fort until Lehner is ready?

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:04 PM
  #199
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Did anyone else notice that a lot of the goals that Anderson let in were 5-hole?

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  #200
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Anderson very well may be the most under-rated person on the team. A select few people are saying we trade the guy because Lehner is having some more success in Bingo, meanwhile, Anderson was great for us all season and was a wall in the playoffs (just not as big a wall as Henrik Lundqvist).

Keep our goalies. We have depth. It's nice.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.