HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo GDT | Bingo vs Queer as Folk| Win 7 for the Deer (and 10 straight)

Old
11-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Coach MacLean made it sound like yesterday that the better goalie of the two guys in Bingo right now would be the back up in Ottawa if the lockout ends this year. I'm not convinced of this but it'd be hard to turn Lehner down if he continues to play like this into Christmas.

The org clearly has very expectations for him and so far he's probably surpassed them. They literally told him to go dominate the AHL this year, and that's exactly what he's doing.
Def will be his last year in Bingo the way he has handled himself on the ice and off, great to see..he really has settled down and is playing up to the challenge w/Bishop right next to him..

Great effort tonight, this team has been fun to watch..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:25 PM
pepty

vCash: 400
Lehner and Bishop look like a pretty dangerous duo in Bingo and they may be the tandem here next year. Anderson has played well but he may be the trade bait next year rather than Bishop.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:10 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Lehner and Bishop look like a pretty dangerous duo in Bingo and they may be the tandem here next year. Anderson has played well but he may be the trade bait next year rather than Bishop.
Yeah, typical Sens. "Thanks for your awesome goaltending in front of a weak defence and don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out." He's a good goalie and I'd hate to see him tossed out on the street just because a young'n is coming up through the system. So little respect for veterans.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:23 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Yeah, typical Sens. "Thanks for your awesome goaltending in front of a weak defence and don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on the way out." He's a good goalie and I'd hate to see him tossed out on the street just because a young'n is coming up through the system. So little respect for veterans.
Meh, I think Andy get's pretty overrated on these boards. Go ask Avs fans what they think of him. Not to say he is bad, but just overrated by Sens fans. And don't forget, he was brought in just to hold the fort till the guy the Sens drafted, were developing, and had high hopes for was ready

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:32 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Anderson was nothing short of amazing in last year's playoffs. Overrated you say? I say he deserves at least one more year here.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:46 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Yes, he was good in last years playoffs, however that is a small sample size to judge for the rest of his contract. He was amazing in the playoffs for Colorado too. And no, I don't think Lehner is ready to start if the lockout ends. However, if he keeps playing the way he has been he should be given a fair chance to start next year

Old
11-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Meh, I think Andy get's pretty overrated on these boards. Go ask Avs fans what they think of him. Not to say he is bad, but just overrated by Sens fans. And don't forget, he was brought in just to hold the fort till the guy the Sens drafted, were developing, and had high hopes for was ready
I would say he's underrated if anything. He was as good as lundqvist last playoffs. What more do you want? I've got to get a copy of that first game he played against the leafs. What an amazing performance that was. I could not believe it. 47 saves in reg. and a 1-0 shootout win skating down the bench cheering the players on in his first game as a senator.
We should all get together and watch that once a month.
Hasn't disappointed since.

Last edited by Icelevel: 11-25-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:26 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
I would say he's underrated if anything. He was as good as lundqvist last playoffs. What more do you want? I've got to get a copy of that first game he played against the leafs. What an amazing performance that was. I could not believe it. 47 saves in reg. and a 1-0 shootout win skating down the bench cheering the players on in his first game as a senator.
We should all get together and watch that once a month.
Hasn't disappointed since.
I haven't said he has was bad, and I agree he has been great. I just think that sometimes he gets just a tiny bit too much praise here. Also, just because he has been great doesn't mean he will keep being great, as he has a history of getting worse the longer he stays in one place.

Overall my point isn't to knock on Anderson, but say even if he plays great stay the course with Lehner, because he is our goalie of the future

Old
11-25-2012, 02:32 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I'd definitely put Anderson in the underrated category. He was arguably the team MVP last year on a team that featured an almost PPG Norris winner and a top 5 scorer in the NHL. I'd bet that Andy was one of the 3 stars in at least 60% of Ottawa's wins last year and that's all from a guy that will never get recognition as a top 10 guy in his position. Very underrated imo.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Obviously Avs fan are going to ***** on Anderson, just like we *****ed on Elliott when he left.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Zibanejad is becoming so frustrating to watch.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:07 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

re: goalies.

scenario A: NHL returns this season.

Andy is the starter
Bishop is the backup

- bishop is not waiver exempt. Lehner may or may not be ready. In order for lehner to pass bishop, he has to exceed bishop's ability by the amount that makes losing bishop for free worth it.

scenario B: NHL returns next season.

Anderson is the starter
Bishop and Lehner battle for the backup job. Lehner is still waiver-exempt, while bishop is not. Which means that lehner's value still has to be more than bishop's + the cost of losing bishop for free.

Most likely scenario.

2012-13 (however much of that happens)
NHL starter - Anderson
NHL backup - Bishop
AHL starter - Lehner

2013-14
NHL starter - Anderson
NHL backup - Bishop
AHL starter - Lehner

2014-15
NHL starter - Lehner/Bishop
NHL backup - Anderson
AHL starter - Lehner/Bishop

i'm predicting lehner as a part time NHL goalie in the 2013 season and full time NHL goalie in the 2014 season.

edit: apparently i still have the ability to edit sportsclubstats for bingo (no, i'm not "matt grande'). I've updated the site including saturday's games. Take a look at bingo: http://www.sportsclubstats.com/hocke...inghamton.html. Basically, to make the playoffs we pretty much have to be 2 games over .500 now.

Last edited by danishh: 11-25-2012 at 06:31 AM.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:24 AM
source

Losing Bishop for free? We can trade him...

And if the only option is losing him for nothing, then that probably means he is sucking and therefore that it would be worth it to promote an in-form Lehner at his expense.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Lenny the Lynx

I can't believe so many people are saying trading Anderson in a good idea. Lehner has been great but there's no sense in going with two rookies and throwing away the stability Anderson gives us

You all sound like leafs fans

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Pitlick*

It seems crazy to trade Anderson, but I think Lehner will be great.

I'd prefer to play some of the NHL season (either this season or next season), where hopefully Lehner shows he can be a starter, but Anderson plays well too.

The Sens normally trade guys like this to places they'd like (Fisher: Nashville, Kelly: Boston). So I would assume Anderson would be traded to his hometown, Chicago, who happens to have horrible goaltending. It's the one place we could trade him where he wouldn't be upset with the Sens organization.

So, what would we have to add to a mid-season trade involving an in-form Anderson to pick up Brent Seabrook?

Pitlick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
danishh....finally a non-prejudicial discussion of goalies. +1 for you.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Zibanejad is becoming so frustrating to watch.
He got 2 pts last night.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:18 AM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
danishh....finally a non-prejudicial discussion of goalies. +1 for you.
He's right in saying that, subject to certain conditions, the better goalie will play. But if the assumption is that (1) Bishop has no trade value, then his postulated condition for Lehner's promotion that (2) Lehner be better than Bishop by the amount of losing Bishop "for free", is entirely meaningless.

If Bishop has no trade value, then there is effectively no cost to losing him "for free", and no additional condition to be met if Lehner is to be promoted. Under his assumption, if Lehner is deemed even 1% better than Bishop, he will play. There is no condition if that assumption is made - the better goalie will be the back-up.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:09 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
He's right in saying that, subject to certain conditions, the better goalie will play. But if the assumption is that (1) Bishop has no trade value, then his postulated condition for Lehner's promotion that (2) Lehner be better than Bishop by the amount of losing Bishop "for free", is entirely meaningless.

If Bishop has no trade value, then there is effectively no cost to losing him "for free", and no additional condition to be met if Lehner is to be promoted. Under his assumption, if Lehner is deemed even 1% better than Bishop, he will play. There is no condition if that assumption is made - the better goalie will be the back-up.
Wait, I'm too lazy to read back, but did someone insinuate that Ben Bishop has no trade value?

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:38 AM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Wait, I'm too lazy to read back, but did someone insinuate that Ben Bishop has no trade value?
He assumed Bishop couldn't be traded in his analysis.

The general rule is -> the better goalie plays. If it's a margin call and we want to keep all 3, maybe Lehner stays in the minors, but if Bishop has 0 trade value, you can bet your ass he will be dumped (if he is only worth a waiver claim, then that is NOT going to stop Lehner from being promoted) and that Lehner (assuming he keeps it up) will be promoted to the O-Sens.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:40 AM
sg58

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
He assumed Bishop couldn't be traded in his analysis.

The general rule is -> the better goalie plays. If it's a margin call and we want to keep all 3, maybe Lehner stays in the minors, but if Bishop has 0 trade value, you can bet your ass he will be dumped and that Lehner (assuming he keeps it up) will be promoted to the O-Sens.
There's also the factor of development, if they feel Lehner won't get more than 10-20 as a backup, staying in the AHL could be preferred for the remainder of the year.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
There's also the factor of development, if they feel Lehner won't get more than 10-20 as a backup, staying in the AHL could be preferred for the remainder of the year.
Agreed. And if Bishop and Lehner are both performing (but at a level below Anderson), then we will keep Lehner in the AHL.

Lehner is just playing out of his mind right now, and if the lockout ended today, we'd probably start with 3 goalies in the NHL.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:00 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
He had one poor partial season in Colorado and was lights out as soon as he got out of Denver. If anything he is underrated. He's put up solid, or better, numbers everywhere he's been in the NHL. He's been great in the playoffs.

When has the Senators organization ever stated that he was just brought in the hold the fort until Lehner is ready?

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:04 PM
18Hossa

Did anyone else notice that a lot of the goals that Anderson let in were 5-hole?

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:12 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Anderson very well may be the most under-rated person on the team. A select few people are saying we trade the guy because Lehner is having some more success in Bingo, meanwhile, Anderson was great for us all season and was a wall in the playoffs (just not as big a wall as Henrik Lundqvist).

Keep our goalies. We have depth. It's nice.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote