HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 10:13 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Agreed. So if Montreal is drafting at around 15 with MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan, Drouin, Shinkaruk, Risto, Lazar, Pulock, Domi, Nichushkin, Morrissey and Dickinson off the board, who would you take with the 15th pick.

I would lean towards 1 of Erne, Burakowsky, Zadorov, Hagg or Nurse.
How about Mantha,Carrier or Gauthier all three will be 1st round picks this year.The Habs have a big opening for a goal scoring machine on Galchenyuk's line with Collberg and Mantha would be a great fit on their LW.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Erne all the way for me if we are picking 10th-15th.

I am 99% certain Drouin is a big Habs fan and was a major Kovalev fan (probably why he wears 27). Read it somewhere.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

I am 99% certain Drouin is a big Habs fan and was a major Kovalev fan (probably why he wears 27). Read it somewhere.
I've heard about that too, so there's a big possibility.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

If we pick between 15th overall, my choice would be:

Zachary Fucale or Curtis Lazar.

I still feel Lazar isn't use properly by his coach in the Dub. He would be the best 2nd line center for us.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:49 AM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

I'm all for Erne too between 10 and 15. Like I said earlier, a Pac-Galchy-Erne line would be sick to see. 3 big guys, playing hard with different set of skills to complement each others. I don't get the hype for Lazar. I see him as a luxury grinder and with all the offensive potential available in this year draft, not the kind of guy I would go after. Another guy who keeps on impressing me is Mantha. I know that he's a very late (1 day away of 2012 draft) but he's always an offensive treat. Playing similar game as Neal and Pac (less speed); lethal shot, big body, always near the net,etc. So much talent in this draft

My do not draft list for now:
- Lazar (lack of offensive skills)
- Nichushkin (tunnel vision, lack of IQ and russian factor)
- Domi (small player for that type of game, don't think it will translate well in the big league)

Old
11-25-2012, 11:55 AM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

I still feel Lazar isn't use properly by his coach in the Dub. He would be the best 2nd line center for us.
Fucale with the 15th overall would be a waste of a pick. Sure the guy is probably the best goaltender available but with Price, there's absolutely no reason to pick him over a talented forward or dman. However, I'm all to pick a goalie with one of ours 2nd or 3rd pick. We don't have any quality prospect at this position and a guy like Martin Spencer or Eric Comrie would be a good pick.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:04 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
I'm all for Erne too between 10 and 15. Like I said earlier, a Pac-Galchy-Erne line would be sick to see. 3 big guys, playing hard with different set of skills to complement each others. I don't get the hype for Lazar. I see him as a luxury grinder and with all the offensive potential available in this year draft, not the kind of guy I would go after. Another guy who keeps on impressing me is Mantha. I know that he's a very late (1 day away of 2012 draft) but he's always an offensive treat. Playing similar game as Neal and Pac (less speed); lethal shot, big body, always near the net,etc. So much talent in this draft

My do not draft list for now:
- Lazar (lack of offensive skills)
- Nichushkin (tunnel vision, lack of IQ and russian factor)
- Domi (small player for that type of game, don't think it will translate well in the big league)
I agree on Domi and Lazar. I would easily take Erne and Burakovsky over them. Mantha would be a good pick at around 20th. I would prefer Erne, Burakovsky, Hagg, Zadorov and Nurse.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
How about Mantha,Carrier or Gauthier all three will be 1st round picks this year.The Habs have a big opening for a goal scoring machine on Galchenyuk's line with Collberg and Mantha would be a great fit on their LW.
There are too many possibilities and too many options to make that kind of statement. All 3 could be first round picks (doubtful) but all 3 could very well fall to the 2nd round (equally doubtful). I see them all as 20-45 potential picks and I'm hoping at least one is available when we have our first of 3 second picks.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:26 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
There are too many possibilities and too many options to make that kind of statement. All 3 could be first round picks (doubtful) but all 3 could very well fall to the 2nd round (equally doubtful). I see them all as 20-45 potential picks and I'm hoping at least one is available when we have our first of 3 second picks.
With his own 2nd round and Calgary's 2nd, Montreal could easily pick two times between 31 and 45. If some of those pick fall in the second round we'll be there to get them. My guest is that Duclair will fall in the second and that it could be steal for Montreal.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:47 PM
That

Nurse, Hägg, Lazar or Erne would be my choices at 10-15 at this point.

My second round targets would be Chris Bigras, Eric Roy, Valentin Zykov, Mirco Müller, Oliver Bjorkstrand, Alexander Wennberg, and Ryan Hartman.

Hartman and Zykov are my favourite two players for the second round at this point. Especially Hartman, he's a bit undersized, I see him as a combination of Callahan and Oshie.

I don't really know anything about them, but I really liked what I've read about Steve Stantini, Ian McCoshen, and Linus Arnesson. There's definitely lots of interesting defenceman in this draft.

Last edited by That: 11-25-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

In terms of size and skill the guy that MacKinnon reminds me the most is Daigle. Same size and speed, scoring touch.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
In terms of size and skill the guy that MacKinnon reminds me the most is Daigle. Same size and speed, scoring touch.
Subtle way of saying bust?

Old
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
The one out of those 3 I'd draft at 15 would be Gauthier, but even then, as of now, it's a reach.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

What are your thoughts on his offensive potential ? I haven't seen him play much outside of the SSS and the Memorial cup last year, and I've read a lot about the fact that his scoring potential is quite limited. But he seems to be quite the leader and works his tail off. I don't want a 2nd Chipchura incident

On another subject, what about Yan-Pavel Laplante lads? Guy hasn't played a game this year yet due to a shoulder injury at the Ivan-Hlinka where he played for Canada. He could potentially be a darkhorse to grab in the 2nd/3rd round. Last year he was the best player for Team Québec at the U-17 tournament, outscoring DeLuca, Drouin, Duclair, Grégoire and such. He's due to come back around january I believe. He's also a guy who is said to be working hard in practices and who has a good attitude.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 11-25-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
Subtle way of saying bust?
Daigle was more of a guy that lost passion for the game than a bust. I think he even quit for a couple years. Back there there was a lot of clutch and grab.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:25 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I don't see Carrier and Gauthier being locks for the 1st round as thought earlier... Mantha has a better chance though.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:30 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post

On another subject, what about Yan-Pavel Laplante lads? Guy hasn't played a game this year yet due to a shoulder injury at the Ivan-Hlinka where he played for Canada. He could potentially be a darkhorse to grab in the 2nd/3rd round. Last year he was the best player for Team Québec at the U-17 tournament, outscoring DeLuca, Drouin, Duclair, Grégoire and such. He's due to come back around january I believe. He's also a guy who is said to be working hard in practices and who has a good attitude.
YP Laplante was always the best Rocket player when I saw him.. Last year that wasn't saying much, but he looks to be a good two-way player in the future. Has good wheels and energy and would've been a top scorer for the Rocket this year.

I've heard he may be back for the final 20 games of the season but you can never tell really. His injury will knock him down to at least the 3rd round which I think is good value for a pick there.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
YP Laplante was always the best Rocket player when I saw him.. Last year that wasn't saying much, but he looks to be a good two-way player in the future. Has good wheels and energy and would've been a top scorer for the Rocket this year.

I've heard he may be back for the final 20 games of the season but you can never tell really. His injury will knock him down to at least the 3rd round which I think is good value for a pick there.
Well that means he was outplaying Ben Duffy, one of the best players in the league last year.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Daigle was more of a guy that lost passion for the game than a bust. I think he even quit for a couple years. Back there there was a lot of clutch and grab.
A Daigle that actually likes hockey would be a great player.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
KingHab

I want Barkov on our team.. Make it happen Bergevin

Old
11-26-2012, 10:48 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
I want Barkov on our team.. Make it happen Bergevin
Any of the top forwards (Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Drouin, Shinkaruk) in this year's draft would make me extremely happy, especially if we land Mackinnon. Even adding a dman of the caliber of Seth Jones, Rasmus Ristolainen, or Ryan Pulock would be great.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:50 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
A Daigle that actually likes hockey would be a great player.
Agreed.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:25 PM
brunosevigny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I don't see Carrier and Gauthier being locks for the 1st round as thought earlier... Mantha has a better chance though.
Those 3 are extremely interesting prospects that we seems to evaluate all in a different way. I do prefer Carrier over Mantha and Gauthier. Really like is fearless game, going through traffic every time he gets the chance. Mantha is really gifted with a rock solid shot. Gauthier will be a monster that can actually skate and with a decent offensive upside. Really like these 3 prospects. Should all go between 20-45. Duclair and Zykov might fit in that range too, great year for the Q prospects.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Top Corner2

This draft is going to be fun....there are already too many "1st rounders" and we have extra picks in the 2nd round. A good to have a few extra picks methinks...

Old
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
This draft is going to be fun....there are already too many "1st rounders" and we have extra picks in the 2nd round. A good to have a few extra picks methinks...
Agreed. We can even move higher in the 1st rounder if we wanted to because of 3 2nd round picks. I'm sure we can even move up in the Top 10 if we found a team to swap with.

Closed Thread