HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

(Xbox 360) The HF Hyper League *WSH, FLA, CAR Available*

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 07:45 PM
IButtersI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoxx View Post
No big deal he was my extra d anyways. I know i've claimed guys before checking here so I can't get mad lol. I'll send him a deal to get him back.

I know if you were to post the off limit players in game on the news feed it'd help me since I don't check here sometimes, plus it'd take away any excuse people have for not knowing.
Yeah I must not have read it.

I approved the trade back.

Going forwards, if we can just say "hey dont claim this guy" everytime someone good goes down, why dont we just turn waivers off?

This is getting ridiculous. Schlemko is exactly the type of player who goes on waivers. It looks like you got some pretty good D and he is on the bottom pairing at best. Never been drafted. 26 Years old and is likely as good as he is gonna get. 77OVR 3.5 stars with less than 200 games played.

He is a fringe NHLer on a team with a good D. If players like that cant get picked up off waivers than we should just turn them off. Whats the point?

I cant remember the last time I saw a guy that was any good get claimed where someone didnt get him back. I dont mind having to trade him back, i just think this hybrid rule is getting out of hand.

I understand when guys like Bogosian and Ryan Miller go on waivers that it was just EA being stupid. (I actually saw this in other leagues). Guys like Schlemko are what waivers are for.

Anyways I have traded him back and am done ranting. Will be online for a bit tonight to play if anyone needs to play before the sim. Still havent tried out Malkin and Ovi on the same line

Old
11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
trufleshufle13

yea every other league im in has waivers off cuz too many times people were getting screwed by the cpu with guys coming back from injuries and send down the wrong guy to make cap room when there is someone else you would have wanted to.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufleshufle13 View Post
yea every other league im in has waivers off cuz too many times people were getting screwed by the cpu with guys coming back from injuries and send down the wrong guy to make cap room when there is someone else you would have wanted to.
This is the only issue I have with it. It takes away your choice on who to send down. I picked up nash, needed cap room, and the cpu choose to send schlemko who is a usefull cheap backup instead of dead weight like jones and his 4 million price tag

Old
11-24-2012, 12:28 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Yeah I must not have read it.

I approved the trade back.

Going forwards, if we can just say "hey dont claim this guy" everytime someone good goes down, why dont we just turn waivers off?

This is getting ridiculous. Schlemko is exactly the type of player who goes on waivers. It looks like you got some pretty good D and he is on the bottom pairing at best. Never been drafted. 26 Years old and is likely as good as he is gonna get. 77OVR 3.5 stars with less than 200 games played.

He is a fringe NHLer on a team with a good D. If players like that cant get picked up off waivers than we should just turn them off. Whats the point?

I cant remember the last time I saw a guy that was any good get claimed where someone didnt get him back. I dont mind having to trade him back, i just think this hybrid rule is getting out of hand.

I understand when guys like Bogosian and Ryan Miller go on waivers that it was just EA being stupid. (I actually saw this in other leagues). Guys like Schlemko are what waivers are for.
Agree 100%

Old
11-24-2012, 03:01 PM
nuge2hall

I'll be on today to claim nashville

Old
11-24-2012, 06:27 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Sort of regret backing out of this league to stay in others--several of which are now dead or dying.

Put me back on the waiting list?
It is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I'm not letting other people say "don't claim X." You may recall the chaos that there was with players going on waivers that people never put on waivers. Guys that the game did automatically.

When I sim forward, certain people are already on waivers. Naturally, people can't make roster moves while the sim is processing, so it's safe to assume that these are the guys that the GM's never intended to put on waivers. These are the only guys that I'm not allowing to be claimed.

Gustav Nyquist was one great example of this. Nyquist is pretty good now, and may become even a superstar before the league ends. This is why I have the list.

I don't want to remove waivers altogether, and in some cases you WANT guys to be claimed. We'll try out the list.

Sim in 4 hours.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:36 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Sim complete: The untouchables this period are:

Janssen
Morris
York
Emery

Old
11-25-2012, 12:54 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Sent Montreal a 7th for Wellwood which he claimed off waivers

Old
11-25-2012, 02:48 AM
nuge2hall

Hey guys I won't be able to take Nashville. I just have way too much going on for the next couple weeks.
Sorry

Old
11-25-2012, 10:38 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuge2hall View Post
Hey guys I won't be able to take Nashville. I just have way too much going on for the next couple weeks.
Sorry
Quote:
Sort of regret backing out of this league to stay in others--several of which are now dead or dying.

Put me back on the waiting list?
Well Jack, looks like you're in luck. Send a request and you're back in right away with Nashville.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
Well Jack, looks like you're in luck. Send a request and you're back in right away with Nashville.
Looks like Nashville is already filled-- "GiantK19?"

Old
11-25-2012, 12:31 PM
BringBackTheRats

Can you put me on the waiting list? I'll take any team that's available. Thanks

Old
11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Looks like Nashville is already filled-- "GiantK19?"
Did I not boot him yet? I'll get right on that. Could've sworn I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackTheRats View Post
Any Rats fan is welcome here, brother.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackTheRats View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
Any Rats fan is welcome here, brother.
Why don't you go ahead and take Nashville, then. I'm working with a few others to try to rescue a current league, so if there is someone else on the waiting list, I'd prefer they get the nod.

Zetterberg, if you don't mind keeping me on the waiting list for the moment, in case another opening occurs, I'd be obliged.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 11-25-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Cosmonaut

You're a good guy, Jack.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:08 PM
BringBackTheRats

Thanks!

My GT is WatsonianRager.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:29 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Why don't you go ahead and take Nashville, then. I'm working with a few others to try to rescue a current league, so if there is someone else on the waiting list, I'd prefer they get the nod.

Zetterberg, if you don't mind keeping me on the waiting list for the moment, in case another opening occurs, I'd be obliged.
You're really too nice. You remind me of someone else I know who traded for a player he wanted, but lopsided the deal against himself because the other guy had a crap team and he didn't want the other guy to not enjoy himself because of his bad team.

I'll let him in, but next time, you take the friggin' opening!

Old
11-25-2012, 11:20 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
; big block to play. I'll be on for a hour or two now and then I will be on after 10P on Monday night EST time.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
11-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Pucker77

Really?! Nashville/GiantK is getting kicked?! Damn... That sucks it makes a lot of sense not but still sucks haha. I negotiated a deal with him that would get me (SJS) Rinne but I had little cap room so I did another trade that I was hesitant on in order to accommodate it. The second deal was accepted and approved however Nashville would never accept my deal (which he proposed to me). With him being kicked I now understand why he never accepted it... I sent the roposal 3 different times and he would reply to me on Xbox when we spoke but would never accept the darn thing...

So now I lost a player I liked for no reason.... I mean I got a good return but I would have prefered to keep him had I known this was going to happen.

Im not demanding I get Rinne or anything like that. I know that its not another GM's fault that I messed up. I also know that it is bad to make deals that are dependent on others so I screwed that up. Oh well, I would have loved Rinne and maybe I can negotiate with the new GM. So far Niemi has been doing very well so I have no complaints.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:54 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucker77 View Post
Really?! Nashville/GiantK is getting kicked?! Damn... That sucks it makes a lot of sense not but still sucks haha.
He missed 2 activity checks. Considering that I post it here and in the league (usually 2-3 times in the league over the course of 2 days), seems to me that he wasn't around.

It sucks, but not much can be done.

Last edited by kdfsjljklgjfg: 11-26-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 01:16 PM
cleaner claude

will be online around 5pm for a game or 2

Old
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
CanuckCity

Gauging league interest in Galchenyuk. Looking for forwards aged 26 or less. Also, i will be away from wednesday till sunday so if u have games against Montreal lets get them done tonight and tomorrow.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:32 PM
trufleshufle13

Wisniewski is on the block for some forward depth. he is a 29 and 83 D. im open to all trades either me adding or who ever wants him adding to get something done. looking for forwards, unless the trade is big enough i would throw in boyle and get an average D back in the process.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
NEED TO PLAY:
LUONGO IS ALSO OTB!

Old
11-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
NEED TO PLAY:
LUONGO IS ALSO OTB!
Pheonix will be on tonight, probably 7ish estern time.

Closed Thread