HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Amerks vs Devils Fri Nov 23 7:05PM ET TV: TWCS

Old
11-23-2012, 07:54 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Great play on that SH goal. Mancari with some good hustle getting back and a great breakout pass to Porter to set it up. Really needed something like that to swing the momentum back the other way, and the guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team stepped up and made it happen.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

The Amerks are missing a lot of their guys

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
And another 2-on-1 shortie for Brennan, 4-1 Rochester. Second shortie while Finley has been in the box. Hmmm...

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:07 PM
hockeylover1

Nice give away from Finley then takes a penalty

hockeylover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

I think it was Varone on the assist for the second SHG.

Doh, Rob Arenko or someone scores for Albany, 4-2.

Old
11-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Flynn gets the EN goal for the hattie, 5-2 Rochester

Old
11-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Good job tonight Rochester I liked the game, only my 3rd Amerks game though. They play hard. Will win the games!

Old
11-23-2012, 08:40 PM
tsujimoto74

Wonder when the last was that a d-man scored 2 shorties in a game?
Nice job, TJ.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:29 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover1 View Post
Nice give away from Finley then takes a penalty
Your obsession with killing Finley is a bit weird.

Funny you kill him constantly, but never utter a peep about McNabb who was easily the worst player on the ice tonight.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:32 PM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Your obsession with killing Finley is a bit weird.

Funny you kill him constantly, but never utter a peep about McNabb who was easily the worst player on the ice tonight.
I give that honor to Gauthier-Leduc, very shaky

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:39 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
I give that honor to Gauthier-Leduc, very shaky
Probably a close second. Why he is playing over Crawford, I'll never know. It's a joke. He's overwhelmed defensively.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 09:41 PM
gdsmack267

Brennan now has 9 goals in 16 games. The AHL record for a D-man is 30 goals I believe.

gdsmack267 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:56 PM
DJN21

honestly you could read every other GD thread and get all the highlights...was there in person...

Girgensons was all over the place as usual...prolly deserved hit of the game though it doesnt make up for the fact he takes twice as many hits as he gives...love the kid but the more I watch the more I question his 82 nhl health.

Brennan...sexy in the stat sheet, horrible at his position....really hope we can trade him while his value is sky high before we have another Gragnani on our hands. Had one play where he made a terrible pass laying Biega out to dry-Biega got HAMMERED then a huge scoring chance ensued...if Im Biega Im calling him out in the locker room.

Mancari-invisible in the corners as always, scared to get dirty

Foligno-kinda quiet game threw his couple big hits had a few garbage goal chances but nothing eye popping tonight sadly

Leggio-looked dominating in the 1st half then looked human in the second half...doesnt help his defense is garbage...

Finley-embarassed himself tonight...def owes Brennan a beer or ten...seems like if the big fella doesnt throw his mitts he really lets down.

Flynn-played great as the score sheet suggests...spark plug game, could be a great 4th liner in the NHl if he keeps it up...possible gerbe in the making.

Roy & Tarnasky-both quiet but great as usual...really solid depth guys who play their hearts out.

Honestly one of those games where we won but I wouldnt have been much more surprised had we lost...Hodgson really stirs the drink ...need him back

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
honestly you could read every other GD thread and get all the highlights...was there in person...

Girgensons was all over the place as usual...prolly deserved hit of the game though it doesnt make up for the fact he takes twice as many hits as he gives...love the kid but the more I watch the more I question his 82 nhl health.

Brennan...sexy in the stat sheet, horrible at his position....really hope we can trade him while his value is sky high before we have another Gragnani on our hands. Had one play where he made a terrible pass laying Biega out to dry-Biega got HAMMERED then a huge scoring chance ensued...if Im Biega Im calling him out in the locker room.

Foligno-kinda quiet game threw his couple big hits had a few garbage goal chances but nothing eye popping tonight sadly

Leggio-looked dominating in the 1st half then looked human in the second half...doesnt help his defense is garbage...

Finley-embarassed himself tonight...def owes Brennan a beer or ten...seems like if the big fella doesnt throw his mitts he really lets down.

Flynn-played great as the score sheet suggests...spark plug game, could be a great 4th liner in the NHl if he keeps it up...possible gerbe in the making.

Roy & Tarnasky-both quiet but great as usual...really solid depth guys who play their hearts out.

Honestly one of those games where we won but I wouldnt have been much more surprised had we lost...Hodgson really stirs the drink ...need him back
Brennan's value is not sky high. To anyone.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post

I was thinking the same thing after seeing Girgensons get layed out the last few games.

Finley is having more trouble this year keeping up with a faster (some NHL level speed) AHL this year. Also misses a consistent D partner.

Flynn could be a good NHL higher than the 4th line.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Yeah Flynn has a good style. He plays smart and hard.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Disengage

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 01:30 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Brennan's value is not sky high. To anyone.
I perhaps shouldve worded it better...trade brennan while his value is at the highest it will be...

Old
11-24-2012, 04:27 PM
JPurp26

I went to the game last night.

Only things to agree/add on to are that

McNabb has been hit or miss this season and last night it was miss. Hope he shakes it.

Parker did well in limited ice time, seemed to be more effective then sundher at this point.

Rolston seemed to rotate his lines less than average last night. Roy-Parker-Legault didn't get much time out there.

I really like when Flynn centers Foligno and Rankin. That line has chemistry for some reason. (They played some PP together and as a line a few games back)

Finley is slow. He needs to cut weight or do something to be more effective, also whenever he goes for a big hit, he falls down for some reason.

I think Girgensons should be in Kelowna. Like others have mentioned he gets popped every game. He looks lost in the offensive zone and hesitates on lots of opportunities, granted with more confidence he will get better. He did receive consistent PP time last night though although his unit was far worse than the other.

The Amerks in general lack speed and scorers. They need Hodgson but even then they need a goal scorer/sniper.

I also agree that Brennan won't be an NHLer, despite his offensive numbers he makes some questionable on ice decisions, plus his skating is not great.

Mancari, despite one good shift that led to Brennan's first shorty, was a plug. He lacks intensity and passion, something a leader/assistant captain should show.

Biega still continues to be one of the better Dmen on the team, really wish he was 6ft 2 and 200 pounds

Tarnasky has been playing well and played his role well.

Varone hasn't really impressed me this season. He has an occasional nice play but he is soft as well.

Pysyk continues to be steady eddie. His vision/IQ is fantastic and with more maturation, he will be an NHLer sooner rather than later.

Leggio is underrated PERIOD. He plays a very strong/confident game. He consistently bails out his defense. Frazee was rough for Albany last night, and if Albany's goalie came to play, Rochester could've easily lost this game.

Lines from last night for anyone who was wondering or hadn't seen it

Foligno-Porter-Rankin
Girgensons-Varone-Flynn
Tarnasky-Schofield-Mancari
Roy-Parker-Legault

McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan-Biega
Finley-Gauthie-Leduc

Leggio
Knapp

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post

McNabb has been hit or miss this season and last night it was miss. Hope he shakes it.

Parker did well in limited ice time, seemed to be more effective then sundher at this point.

Rolston seemed to rotate his lines less than average last night. Roy-Parker-Legault didn't get much time out there.

I really like when Flynn centers Foligno and Rankin. That line has chemistry for some reason. (They played some PP together and as a line a few games back)

Finley is slow. He needs to cut weight or do something to be more effective, also whenever he goes for a big hit, he falls down for some reason.

I think Girgensons should be in Kelowna. Like others have mentioned he gets popped every game. He looks lost in the offensive zone and hesitates on lots of opportunities, granted with more confidence he will get better. He did receive consistent PP time last night though although his unit was far worse than the other.

The Amerks in general lack speed and scorers. They need Hodgson but even then they need a goal scorer/sniper.

I also agree that Brennan won't be an NHLer, despite his offensive numbers he makes some questionable on ice decisions, plus his skating is not great.

Mancari, despite one good shift that led to Brennan's first shorty, was a plug. He lacks intensity and passion, something a leader/assistant captain should show.

Biega still continues to be one of the better Dmen on the team, really wish he was 6ft 2 and 200 pounds

Varone hasn't really impressed me this season. He has an occasional nice play but he is soft as well.

Pysyk continues to be steady eddie. His vision/IQ is fantastic and with more maturation, he will be an NHLer sooner rather than later.

Leggio is underrated PERIOD. He plays a very strong/confident game. He consistently bails out his defense. Frazee was rough for Albany last night, and if Albany's goalie came to play, Rochester could've easily lost this game.

Foligno-Porter-Rankin
Girgensons-Varone-Flynn
Roy-Parker-Legault

McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan-Biega
Finley-Gauthie-Leduc

Leggio
Knapp
agree with most of that. I think flynn needs to play wing, the organization is deep at center right now. I do think he is one of the top defensive forwards, usually the first guy back. Makes him more valuable that he can play either position. when he plays the middle i don't think he gives you as much offensively- cant use his speed as much to get in on the forecheck.

I was surprised to see girgensons on the PP but who else are they going to put there? basically just threw him out front of the net.

when hodgson comes back i'd like to see him center flynn, i think they could make a lot happen together- not sure who on the left though. keep foligno/rankin together with either porter or varone.

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:18 PM
French Connection

Quote:

Foligno-Porter-Rankin
Girgensons-Varone-Flynn
Roy-Parker-Legault

McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan-Biega
Finley-Gauthie-Leduc

Leggio
Knapp
For the life of me I am confused why we send D down and sit Crawford when I see how JDL and a couple of others are playing so poorly.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

Belated pre-game notes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Tonight's Lineup

71 Marcus Foligno - 12 Kevin Porter (C) - 15 Evan Rankin
28 Zemgus Girgensons - 22 Phil Varone - 10 Brian Flynn
74 Nick Tarnasky - 32 Rick Schofield - 25 Mark Mancari (A)
91 Frederick Roy - 24 Jonathan Parker - 29 Maxime Legault

7 Brayden McNabb - 13 Mark Pysyk
2 Joe Finley - 34 Jerome Gauthier-Leduc
3 TJ Brennan (A) - 4 Alex Biega

33 David Leggio
49 Connor Knapp

Roster Notes

Luke Adam (LBI; day-to-day), Cody Hodgson (hand; 2-4 weeks) and Corey Tropp (right knee; season-ending) remain sidelined with injuries. Matt MacKenzie and Drew Schiestel were reassigned to Greenville-ECHL on Tuesday. Tonight's scratches are Nick Crawford and Kevin Sundher (UBI; day-to-day).

1st period notes:
  • Girgensons turnover leads to ALB 3-on-1, but Brennan's backcheck disrupts the scoring chance.
  • GOAL! 1-0 Amerks! Flynn; assist to Pysyk. ALB turns the puck over to Pysyk at the right point and his subsequent shot rebounds to Flynn in the right circle who buries it.
  • Burlon high sticks Girgensons as he crashes the crease, Amerks to the PP...
  • PP GOAL! 2-0 Amerks! Flynn again; assists to Foligno and Brennan. Brennan's right circle shot rebounds to Foligno in front who finds Flynn at the left post with an empty net.
  • Josefson boards Girgensons in the LW corner, Amerks back to the PP; sustained possession, a couple chances; penalty expires.
  • END OF 1ST PERIOD. 2-0 RCH. SHOTS 13-6 RCH.

2nd period notes:
  • Foligno finishes his check on McPherson; later in the shift he takes a couple whacks at a rebound but can't put it past Frazee.
  • Girgensons powers to net, gets penalized for goalie interference, might've got a push from the D, ALB to the PP; Porter with a couple SH chances; penalty expires.
  • Unsportsmanlike penalty to ALB, Amerks to the PP; Henrique with a SH breakaway, shot saved by Leggio; penalty expires.
  • GOAL! 2-1. Zalewski; assists to Tedenby and Larsson. Varone loses defensive draw; Tedenby slips away from Finley behind the net, his pass dribbles off Leggio and is poked home by Zalewski.
  • Finley gets two for roughing and with 2:04 to go, ALB heads to the PP; Larsson point shot and 2-3 rebound whacks saved by Leggio; SH 2-on-1...
  • SH GOAL! 3-1 Amerks! Brennan; assists to Porter and Mancari. Mancari finds Porter with a nice stretch pass and Brennan joins the rush and buries the 2-on-1 one-timer.
  • END OF 2ND PERIOD. 3-1 RCH. SHOTS 23-21 ALB.

3rd period notes (didn't take as many; was waiting to board the flight home):
  • Finley gets two for tripping...
  • SH GOAL! 4-1 Amerks! Brennan again; assists to Flynn and Varone. Another SH 2-on-1 buried by Brennan, but this time a wrister after he settled the pass.
  • GOAL! 4-2. Hrabarenka; assists to Leach and Wohlberg. An icing keeps 3 D out there as Finley's penalty had expired, but the preceding draw is lost, then a D-to-D pass and shot/goal deflected in off an Amerk I believe.
  • EN GOAL! 5-2 Amerks! Flynn gets the hat trick! Forces the turnover and scores unassisted into the EN.
  • END OF 3RD PERIOD. 5-2 RCH. SHOTS 35-31 ALB.

Amerks highlights package:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
For the life of me I am confused why we send D down and sit Crawford when I see how JDL and a couple of others are playing so poorly.
Ya even Finley has been rough lately and could be swapped for Crawford. I wonder if the Buffalo brass is wanting G-L getting PT being a rookie and all?

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
DJN21

Quote:

Foligno-Porter-Rankin
Girgensons-Varone-Flynn
Roy-Parker-Legault

McNabb-Pysyk
Brennan-Biega
Finley-Gauthie-Leduc

Leggio
Knapp

McNabb has looked pretty bad lately and worse yet is he hasnt been overly physical to make up for his poor d play..

In regards to Girgensons ik they wanted to keep his responsibility low hence the reason he isnt playing center but he looks anemic out there offensively I almost wonder what would happen if they put him at C for a few games...

Flynn-Foligno-Rankin line is definately a nice compliment

Old
11-26-2012, 12:47 PM
joshjull

I've seen a few posters mention that Girgensons gets nailed a lot.

Is that do to reckless play?

Or is it lack of awareness on his part? As in he doesn't have the speed/reactions to protect himself at the AHL level yet.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote