HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The new All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 09:41 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Well management feels confident in trading Luongo, but they aren't not trading a quality number 1 goaltender for expendable scraps from a bottom 5 team.
We are looking to make a hockey deal, where two teams come to an agreement to use their assets to fill roster holes. Seeing as Toronto was 2nd WORST in the league for Goals Against it only makes sense the Leafs would be interesting in acquiring a proven goalie with a playoff record.
A 1st + Kadri/Colborne/Percy for Luongo

Plus you could upgrade from MacArthur for Raymond.

Or you could go elsewhere. Doesn't matter. It's all good. I'm not hitching all Toronto's hopes on one player (Luongo) when there are other options out there.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
We can't predict what will come from the new CBA. Whose to say what the new ceiling will be? Too much uncertainty. Paying 5+ million for a back up is never a good thing. Never.

Whose to say Luongo would make a good mentor?

Anyways, how about you guys keep him than? Toronto will not overpay. I suggest a 1st + top prospect for a player who's redundant on your team. If your not interested, fine. We'll look elsewhere or look from within. I mean not disrespect.
Your top prospect is Rielly though. Just sayin'.

The main thing is that as a contending team we'd prefer pieces that could help us now. If we are getting a pure futures package, then I would do your original deal posted, of

Luongo + Raymond + 2nd for Macarthur + Kadri + Percy + 1st

But I'd much rather get a legitimate top-6 forward in return. Ideally we should try for a 3-way to better suit or needs if Toronto can't provide that.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Numbers

Quote:
We can't predict what will come from the new CBA. Whose to say what the new ceiling will be? Too much uncertainty. Paying 5+ million for a back up is never a good thing. Never.

Whose to say Luongo would make a good mentor?

Anyways, how about you guys keep him than? Toronto will not overpay. I suggest a 1st + top prospect for a player who's redundant on your team. If your not interested, fine. We'll look elsewhere or look from within. I mean not disrespect.
Hey no disrespect taken. It is just opinion.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:49 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Hey no disrespect taken. It is just opinion.
It's all good my friend.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:54 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Your top prospect is Rielly though. Just sayin'.

The main thing is that as a contending team we'd prefer pieces that could help us now. If we are getting a pure futures package, then I would do your original deal posted, of

Luongo + Raymond + 2nd for Macarthur + Kadri + Percy + 1st

But I'd much rather get a legitimate top-6 forward in return. Ideally we should try for a 3-way to better suit or needs if Toronto can't provide that.
You're right. He's not our top prospect, but he is one of our top prospects.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:19 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
A 1st + Kadri/Colborne/Percy for Luongo

Plus you could upgrade from MacArthur for Raymond.

Or you could go elsewhere. Doesn't matter. It's all good. I'm not hitching all Toronto's hopes on one player (Luongo) when there are other options out there.
Switch MacArthur with Kulemin and I'm down with that. Still not as good as your offer from a couple pages back, but one I would accept nonetheless.

Old
11-24-2012, 11:30 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Switch MacArthur with Kulemin and I'm down with that. Still not as good as your offer from a couple pages back, but one I would accept nonetheless.
I'm not up for dealing Kulemin, but if you really needed him to be involved I'd have to ask for Hansen in return rather than Raymond.

So it would look like this potentially...

To Tor:
J.Hansen
R.Luongo

To Van:
N.Kulemin
Kadri/Colborne
1st in 2013 (top ten protected, otherwise 1st in 2014)

Old
11-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
I'm not up for dealing Kulemin, but if you really needed him to be involved I'd have to ask for Hansen in return rather than Raymond.

To Tor:
J.Hansen
R.Luongo

To Van:
N.Kulemin
Kadri/Colborne
Hansen isn't goin anywhere. He is the perfect third liner, and has more value to us than he would to Toronto. Kulemin, Kadri, cond 1st makes a good basis, but Hansen is a no-go from my perspective. I'd add a 2013 2nd, maybe, but that's really it. The only easily expendable playes off our roster are Ramond and Malhotra at the moment.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:

To Tor:
J.Hansen
R.Luongo

To Van:
N.Kulemin
Kadri/Colborne
Definitely no. Hansen is among our best bottom six and excellent defensively. While fully expect Kulemin to resurge from last year, he is not worth losing Hansen. Swap in MacArthur or Finn/Frattin, in which case we toss in a pick on the latter.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:

To Tor:
J.Hansen
R.Luongo

To Van:
N.Kulemin
Kadri/Colborne
Wouldn't do that straight up for Luongo let alone adding Hansen who is an ideal 3rd liner on a steal contract!

Old
11-25-2012, 12:46 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Wouldn't do that straight up for Luongo let alone adding Hansen who is an ideal 3rd liner on a steal contract!
I agree, I would not have touched any of the trades on the last few pages. None seem to help us at all.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I agree, I would not have touched any of the trades on the last few pages. None seem to help us at all.
Slight upgrades in areas that we have several options to choose...it makes for a very unappealing trade to me. Lupul would be an upgrade, Grabovski would be an upgrade, Phaneuf would be an upgrade, Kessel would be an upgrade.

Two of those haven't and likely won't be offered by Leafs fans, and that's fine, but the other two have, and they are about the only upgrades to our roster that Toronto could muster that have the sort of value we'd need in a package, or at least the center of a package.

Gunnarsson, Franson, Bozak, Kulemin and most of the prospects that are being offered I'd take a flyer out on, but I would rather keep Luongo then make a trade where one of them is the most valuable piece to us returning.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:07 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Slight upgrades in areas that we have several options to choose...it makes for a very unappealing trade to me. Lupul would be an upgrade, Grabovski would be an upgrade, Phaneuf would be an upgrade, Kessel would be an upgrade.

Two of those haven't and likely won't be offered by Leafs fans, and that's fine, but the other two have, and they are about the only upgrades to our roster that Toronto could muster that have the sort of value we'd need in a package, or at least the center of a package.

Gunnarsson, Franson, Bozak, Kulemin and most of the prospects that are being offered I'd take a flyer out on, but I would rather keep Luongo then make a trade where one of them is the most valuable piece to us returning.
I disagree slightly, in that with a shrinking cap the two pieces that may be an upgrade aren't. lupul, he will want a raise on the 4.25 he is making, with a cap at 60 mil, how are you re-signing Edler? or are we resigned to the fact he won't be with us much longer?

Grabovski is a great player, but as a 5.5 mil dollar 3rd line center he makes no sense unless you move Sedin or Kesler... how have NTC or NMC.

I would rather take a flyer on potential. It may be a bigger risk, but we need more players on cheap contracts or ELC's.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Interesting thought. A buddy of mine who is a Bruins fan seems to think that if a shortened season were to happen Thomas may be willing to play. He also said the Bruins would let him go for a lower (3rd or 4th) pick. Anyone like this for a short term option on the Leafs?

Old
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Interesting thought. A buddy of mine who is a Bruins fan seems to think that if a shortened season were to happen Thomas may be willing to play. He also said the Bruins would let him go for a lower (3rd or 4th) pick. Anyone like this for a short term option on the Leafs?
Yup. Makes no sense to get Luongo in that case.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
If Thomas is on the market, Chicago, San Jose, and Washington would all be in on that.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
I hate bringing up a player's personal life into trades but Thomas is unique in this case, can't see a hardcore conservative/republican wanting to live in Canada.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
I hate bringing up a player's personal life into trades but Thomas is unique in this case, can't see a hardcore conservative/republican wanting to live in Canada.

I personally would stay away, for this exact reason, he is a great goalie, but word from some of the insiders last year was that he was a big reason the Bruins took a bit of a dive, he brought up too much of a distration and was not a team guy. totally a me first.

Thats just me, I would for sure kick the tires on him though, there is no questioning his skill level.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Plus I think if Burke had only wanted a stopgap he would have traded for Vokoun.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
If Thomas is on the market, Chicago, San Jose, and Washington would all be in on that.
Of course, i didn't mean TO eas a shoe in.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Now than Obama has won another term, he may be looking for a change.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Plus I think if Burke had only wanted a stopgap he would have traded for Vokoun.
All things aside, Thomas is flat out a better goalie.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

I would love this move for TO. Gives them a legit #1 on a very short-term deal. If he doesn't work out, then they can dump him. If it does, then they can extend him a year. He also helps transition Reimer to the spot, instead of blocking him.

From just being curious, I would also like to see how Thomas fares with a much weaker team defense + defensive corps. Further, how he affects a room with weaker leadership/direction. Perhaps he pulls it up by its bootstraps?

The topper would be seeing him vs. Bruins 6 times a year.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:

To Tor:
J.Hansen
R.Luongo

To Van:
N.Kulemin
Kadri/Colborne

Way too much from Toronto. The offer for Mike Richards was supposedly Kadri and Kulemin. Richards is much younger, longer contract, and somewhat cap friendly. To offer more for Lou, who is older and has a terrible contract is ridiculous. If there is no hockey this year, highly doubt Burke trades for Lou, with the several UFA's next year. Not sure why Cannucks fans seem to put Raymond in any deal. Leafs have several forwards, with youngsters waiting in the wings.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Jerkini

Any deal for Luongo is an absolute no-go from me if what Vancouver fans in this thread expects to get is anywhere near realistic. It just doesn't make sense. It's that simple.

Closed Thread