HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Winnipeg

Old
11-23-2012, 10:41 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
It's average, he's not a defensive liability but he wouldn't be your first choice on the PK. I don't know who your best PK centre is but for us Plekanec is easily better than him defensively.

Some people also think DD should be switched to wing on MTL because of Galchenyuk coming up soon, but we'll see what happens. Another season like the one he just had or an improvement on it would make it possible that he stays at center and either Plekanec or Eller gets traded.
We do not have a great PK centre.......Slater is ok but for my money Burmistrov will be the best soon if not already, Alex's biggest challenge is faceoff efficiency and experience but his skill, quickness, and speed are something to watch on the PK when he is on his game. watching the Kings PK during the cup run made me realize the Jets have a LONG way to go in this area.

Is Galchenyuk viewed by Habs fans as the future #1 centre? Lots to like about that young man and he was my favorite player in the draft.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Huffer

Quote:
True, but Little is now 25 as well and has never matched that season.

If Little and DD both have the same numbers next season, I think most people would be pretty confident saying DD is the better centre.
Possibly, but let's see what happens next season (whenever that is) first.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:04 PM
sharks9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
We do not have a great PK centre.......Slater is ok but for my money Burmistrov will be the best soon if not already, Alex's biggest challenge is faceoff efficiency and experience but his skill, quickness, and speed are something to watch on the PK when he is on his game. watching the Kings PK during the cup run made me realize the Jets have a LONG way to go in this area.

Is Galchenyuk viewed by Habs fans as the future #1 centre? Lots to like about that young man and he was my favorite player in the draft.
True, I'd be willing to trade Eller to the Jets if you needed a good two-way centre, but I don't know what I'd want from the Jets. Yea Montreal's pretty lucky to have a great PK, one of the reasons why I think we can make the playoffs next year.

Definitely. He's been very impressive this year and I think everyone's hoping he'll be the #1 centre in a few years.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
True, I'd be willing to trade Eller to the Jets if you needed a good two-way centre, but I don't know what I'd want from the Jets. Yea Montreal's pretty lucky to have a great PK, one of the reasons why I think we can make the playoffs next year.

Definitely. He's been very impressive this year and I think everyone's hoping he'll be the #1 centre in a few years.
If you have Carey Price as your Goalie you are probably always going to be in the playoff Hunt, last year was a weird year and your GM had to go.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

Trouba would be the only player I'd be interested in from a Hab's perspective.

The only reason I'd trade Eller would be if we drafted someone like Barkov or we traded Plekanec for a younger centre like Teravainen.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:37 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
He is definetely, and with good reason. After a slow start to his season, Gally has basically put Sarnia on his back, and they are tied for 1st in their division. The Sting is a pretty weak team, and he is still top 5 in OHL scoring despite it. I must say, having a prospect of his caliber is a nice change from the earlier days (2000-2011)

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:41 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

The only reason I'd trade Eller would be if we drafted someone like Barkov or we traded Plekanec for a younger centre like Teravainen.
Schiefele would also bring interest from Habs fans including me, of course if he goes at the right price, which would be a lot.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Schiefele would also bring interest from Habs fans including me, of course if he goes at the right price, which would be a lot.
I'd like Kane too but I don't think either is available or they would want more than Eller if they were available.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:17 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

Good call on Trouba Frozenice and a pick I am a big fan of as a Jets fan. I wanted him before draft day and feel better about the pick now. He is flying under the radar a bit this year and perhaps it's because he is playing US collage but who knows? The book on him was a hard hitting shut down type defensman but when I watched him last year for the USA in the WJC I thought he had a very nice offensive side to his game. This year as a freshman for the Wolverines he plays on the top PP unit and in 12 games he has 4 goals and 6 assists for 10 points and is 4th in team scoring. He is an excellant skater, has a great stretch pass, and a top notch one timer from the point. On top of that he is a beast physically with a nasty edge and is definaltely the meanest hardest hitting D man from upper echelon of this past draft class (with all do respect to Dumba). Here is a hit from a few games ago that got him a game misconduct. I didn't think it was that bad when you watch it on slow motion but I am probably being a homer?

http://www.hockeytube.net/2012/11/07...hit-11-7-2012/

Last edited by ps241: 11-26-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Oshie97

What a horrible deal for the Jets. Not a fan of either team but I would pick Bogo before P.K, just think he will end up being the better of the two in the long run.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Noob616

This would be highway robbery for the Canadiens. IMO PK is better than Bogosian, and it's close between PK and Kane, but Gallagher and DD aren't close to enough value.

Before anyone calls me out for being a homer, I didn't say Subban was better AINEC. It's close with Bogo, and very close with Kane.

Noob616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:21 AM
alpine4life

Montreal would have to swap Gallagher with a high end prospect named Galchenyuk for Winnipeg to even consider that one. That one is Brutal for the Jets

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Crazed Fan

Id like to stick with Kane and Bogo and see what they can do first before we start trading them. It would have to be for something amazing and this aint it.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 12:54 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
A barely better pace. If PK had 1 more point they would've had the same PPG. Besides, PK has put up 35+ points two years in a row, Bogosian hasn't done it once yet.

Subban definitely looks better looking at the advanced stats in most categories.

Subban
Corsi QoC: 1.266
GA/60 ON: 2.24
GA/60 OFF: 2.63
GF/60 ON: 2.80
GF/60 OFF: 2.10

Bogosian
Corsi QoC: -0.533
GA/60 ON: 2.68
GA/60 OFF: 2.41
GF/60 ON: 2.35
GF/60 OFF: 2.41

Looks like Subban's team scores more and lets in less goals when he's on the ice vs. Bogosian who lets in more goals and scores less when he's on, and against weaker competition too!
Shouldn't use raw CorsiQoC when comparing different teams... Also, you are forgetting teammate affects.

Let's do this more analytically:
NameGPTOICorsiRelQoCCorsiRelOZS%G/60A1/60
BOGOSIAN6517.250.591-2.749.40.210.32
SUBBAN8117.221.2666.346.30.040.43
Looking at this you'd think offensively Bogo>Subban and defensively Subban>Bogo. Now what's missing from this table is some team context.

PK was for the most part consistently used the same all year: was the top pairing D for the MTL with PP1, spent most of his time with the same D partner (Gorges) facing team top QoC. Forwards wise PK also mostly lined up with the top6 F for his team.
Bogo split his time in two very different roles (offensively with Byfuglien/Enstrom injuries and defensively on the second pairing); Jets split the toughs between the two top D pairings unlike MTL and they assign usage more to zone starts (which is why Bogo's OZS are around 50% with him splitting time between pairings). Most of Bogosian's TOI was played with Stuart on the left side, and Stuart probably couldn't make MTL's and shouldn't of made the Jet's 3rd pairing. At the end the Jets' coach Noel noticed this and switched Hainsey for Stuart. Hainsey statistically is very similar to Gorges too.

So we can limit these pairing usage problems (and Stuart's terribleness) by comparing the pairs. So how bout we compare Bogo-Hainsey pair to Subban-Gorges pair. I'll even use zone adjusted to make up for different OZS:
NameTOIadjCF%adjGF%
BOGO-HAIN2310.5030.619
SUB-GORG9810.5090.639
Very very similar, so given a full year of Hainsey-Bogosian as a 2nd pair with Noel's usage, I'm sure their "defensive" stats you showed would have looked almost identical in pretty much every way. Also, we haven't thought about how PK-Gorges was spending >TOI top6:bottom6 for their teammates than Hains-Bogo was.

I would say they are pretty statistically similar and could be considered a wash.

Now personally I'd give the slightest of edge to Bogosian because he may have a higher ceiling when considering a year younger, higher 5v5 scoring rate, ATL stunting his growth and his chronic wrist injury which should be healed before the lockout is over. But, because that could be homerism, I'll just say wash it is.

Last edited by garret9: 11-29-2012 at 01:04 PM.
garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:48 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
What would it take to get Enstrom. Obviously a lot, but what ?

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
We have enough offensive D. If we are moving the assets to get a top end player like Enstrom we should be moving them to fill our hole at top 6 LW or top 4 defensive D.

Prairie Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:53 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Probably for the whole team and management to fold...

After Enstrom the Jets LH depth go:
Hainsey (is a decent #4 but not top pairing)
Stuart (ok 3rd pairing no higher)
Meech (old and playing in the AHL)
Melchiori/Chiarot (AHL rookies)
Yuen (WHL)
Sol (ECHL)

So we'd want something that we need... plus we'd need a decent Enstrom replacement... You can see how this would cause any team a problem. Plus Enstrom just resigned with NMC where the team and ENstrom were singing each others praises.

Old
12-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Probably for the whole team and management to fold...

After Enstrom the Jets LH depth go:
Hainsey (is a decent #4 but not top pairing)
Stuart (ok 3rd pairing no higher)
Meech (old and playing in the AHL)
Melchiori/Chiarot (AHL rookies)
Yuen (WHL)
Sol (ECHL)

So we'd want something that we need... plus we'd need a decent Enstrom replacement... You can see how this would cause any team a problem. Plus Enstrom just resigned with NMC where the team and ENstrom were singing each others praises.
My guess is it would start and end with Nathan Beaulieu, which we are not really in position to trade away with aging Markov and Kaberle as our 2 big left side offensive defensmens. I would rather invest in a young D that has a cannon from the point to play pp on the 2nd wave. Mind you guys I would love to have one of Schiefele/Trouba with the Habs. Both cover major needs.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My guess is it would start and end with Nathan Beaulieu, which we are not really in position to trade away with aging Markov and Kaberle as our 2 big left side offensive defensmens. I would rather invest in a young D that has a cannon from the point to play pp on the 2nd wave. Mind you guys I would love to have one of Schiefele/Trouba with the Habs. Both cover major needs.
Don't you guys got Galy? I guess you can never have too many high end C prospects.

Old
12-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Start and End? As in Enstrom for Beaulieu straight up?

Not sure if serious???

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Start and End? As in Enstrom for Beaulieu straight up?

Not sure if serious???
Starts an ends as in he's gotta be included for Winnipeg to think about it, not 1 for 1.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote