HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Flyers Charity Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2012, 10:38 PM
  #76
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West of Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 25,654
vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:35 PM
  #77
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
I guess the Orange and Black got to Marty

Seriously it was a great night, it was great to see Devils Flyers and Ranger fans all together in peace loving hockey.

...and Lundqvist was an absolute monster in the first period that was unreal. He is one of my most favorite players on my most hated team

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:42 PM
  #78
useref15
Registered User
 
useref15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,908
vCash: 500
Looks like it was an awesome time, and I'm bummed I missed it. Hope everyone who went had a great time, but this just makes us want the NHL back even more...ugh.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:47 PM
  #79
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Looks like it was an awesome time, and I'm bummed I missed it. Hope everyone who went had a great time, but this just makes us want the NHL back even more...ugh.
First chant of the night by every fan was "we love hockey'. It was great to see everyone's passion for the sport.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:05 AM
  #80
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
First chant of the night by every fan was "we love hockey'. It was great to see everyone's passion for the sport.
I thought it was "We want hockey".

About the only things the crowd could agree on were booing James Neal, "Fire Bettman", and "Crosby Sucks".

Obviously it was basically pond hockey but Hank was in mid-season form and Boyle looked good on D.

Awesome job by Hartnell and Richards. Fun event. End the lockout!

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:25 AM
  #81
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
I guess the Orange and Black got to Marty

Seriously it was a great night, it was great to see Devils Flyers and Ranger fans all together in peace loving hockey.

...and Lundqvist was an absolute monster in the first period that was unreal. He is one of my most favorite players on my most hated team
Exactly how I feel about Kovy (always loved him... nearly cried when he signed in NJ) and why I still love watching you guys when the Rangers aren't on.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:00 AM
  #82
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Exactly how I feel about Kovy (always loved him... nearly cried when he signed in NJ) and why I still love watching you guys when the Rangers aren't on.
Definitely one of the coolest things about last night was the unity between the fans

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:05 AM
  #83
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
I guess the Orange and Black got to Marty

Seriously it was a great night, it was great to see Devils Flyers and Ranger fans all together in peace loving hockey.

...and Lundqvist was an absolute monster in the first period that was unreal. He is one of my most favorite players on my most hated team
That's how I felt about Parise. The American, blue-collar talent that oozed out of him made me love him even though he was a Devil. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I'm happy he signed in Minny because not only do I have a soft spot for Minny, but I can now root for him.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
  #84
Muckr
Registered User
 
Muckr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
What was the split of the crowd?
I would have thought the Rangers would have 55, Devils 20, and Flyers 25 since AC is closer to the Devs base, NYers vac here, and the NY region was more affected.
But I heard it was pro Flyers like a home game. Surprised at the indifference of NY fans if true.


Name the jerseys in descending order if you can.

Muckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
  #85
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
What was the split of the crowd?
I would have thought the Rangers would have 55, Devils 20, and Flyers 25 since AC is closer to the Devs base, NYers vac here, and the NY region was more affected.
But I heard it was pro Flyers like a home game. Surprised at the indifference of NY fans if true.


Name the jerseys in descending order if you can.
It was mostly a Flyers crowd. I would say anywhere from 60-65% Flyers, 25-30% Rangers, 10-15% Devils/Other fanbases.

Devils fanbase is mainly from Bergen to Monmouth Counties so it was no surprise we were the minority by a wide margin.

It was great to see Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins, Wild, Avalanche, Islanders, Red Wings, Penguins, Lightning, Sharks, and even Blue Jackets jerseys there.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:28 PM
  #86
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
It was mostly a Flyers crowd. I would say 60-65% Flyers, 25-30% Rangers, 10-15% Devils/Other fanbases.

Devils fanbase is mainly from Bergen to Monmouth Counties so it was no surprise we were the minority by a wide margin.
That's what I pegged it as last night. 60% Flyers, 30% Rangers, 10% Devils/Other.

Which frankly was not surprising at all. AC / South Jersey is Philly territory.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
  #87
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
What was the split of the crowd?
I would have thought the Rangers would have 55, Devils 20, and Flyers 25 since AC is closer to the Devs base, NYers vac here, and the NY region was more affected.
But I heard it was pro Flyers like a home game. Surprised at the indifference of NY fans if true.


Name the jerseys in descending order if you can.
You have got to be kidding me The game was nowhere near NY, you can't expect fans to travel 4+ hours around Thanksgiving to see an exhibition game, even if it is for a great cause. I think it's awesome that the game was for charity, but it was more meant for people of the Atlantic City / NJ Coast / Philadelphia area.

Not attending an away game doesn't make NY fans "indifferent". Not to mention we are still dealing with our own devastation and recovery efforts over here.

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:57 PM
  #88
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
You have got to be kidding me The game was nowhere near NY, you can't expect fans to travel 4+ hours around Thanksgiving to see an exhibition game, even if it is for a great cause. I think it's awesome that the game was for charity, but it was more meant for people of the Atlantic City / NJ Coast / Philadelphia area.

Not attending an away game doesn't make NY fans "indifferent". Not to mention we are still dealing with our own devastation and recovery efforts over here.
Agreed. For my fellow Long Islanders- its what? a 3 hour drive to AC from Nassau? Probably another hour from Suffolk? 6-8 hour round trip on a saturday night is a lot for an exhibition game.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:50 PM
  #89
Krampus
Call me Nils
 
Krampus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 18,067
vCash: 500
Plus, a lot of Rangers fans went to the college game at MSG

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:31 PM
  #90
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Plus, a lot of Rangers fans went to the college game at MSG

Tons.....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.