HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers-Flyers Charity Game

Old
11-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:35 PM
NjDevsRR

vCash: 500
I guess the Orange and Black got to Marty

Seriously it was a great night, it was great to see Devils Flyers and Ranger fans all together in peace loving hockey.

...and Lundqvist was an absolute monster in the first period that was unreal. He is one of my most favorite players on my most hated team

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:42 PM
useref15

Looks like it was an awesome time, and I'm bummed I missed it. Hope everyone who went had a great time, but this just makes us want the NHL back even more...ugh.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 11:47 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by useref15 View Post
Looks like it was an awesome time, and I'm bummed I missed it. Hope everyone who went had a great time, but this just makes us want the NHL back even more...ugh.
First chant of the night by every fan was "we love hockey'. It was great to see everyone's passion for the sport.

Old
11-25-2012, 12:05 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
First chant of the night by every fan was "we love hockey'. It was great to see everyone's passion for the sport.
I thought it was "We want hockey".

About the only things the crowd could agree on were booing James Neal, "Fire Bettman", and "Crosby Sucks".

Obviously it was basically pond hockey but Hank was in mid-season form and Boyle looked good on D.

Awesome job by Hartnell and Richards. Fun event. End the lockout!

11-25-2012, 04:25 AM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

Seriously it was a great night, it was great to see Devils Flyers and Ranger fans all together in peace loving hockey.

...and Lundqvist was an absolute monster in the first period that was unreal. He is one of my most favorite players on my most hated team
Exactly how I feel about Kovy (always loved him... nearly cried when he signed in NJ) and why I still love watching you guys when the Rangers aren't on.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Exactly how I feel about Kovy (always loved him... nearly cried when he signed in NJ) and why I still love watching you guys when the Rangers aren't on.
Definitely one of the coolest things about last night was the unity between the fans

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

That's how I felt about Parise. The American, blue-collar talent that oozed out of him made me love him even though he was a Devil. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I'm happy he signed in Minny because not only do I have a soft spot for Minny, but I can now root for him.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Muckr

What was the split of the crowd?
I would have thought the Rangers would have 55, Devils 20, and Flyers 25 since AC is closer to the Devs base, NYers vac here, and the NY region was more affected.
But I heard it was pro Flyers like a home game. Surprised at the indifference of NY fans if true.

Name the jerseys in descending order if you can.

Muckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:26 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
I would have thought the Rangers would have 55, Devils 20, and Flyers 25 since AC is closer to the Devs base, NYers vac here, and the NY region was more affected.
But I heard it was pro Flyers like a home game. Surprised at the indifference of NY fans if true.

It was mostly a Flyers crowd. I would say anywhere from 60-65% Flyers, 25-30% Rangers, 10-15% Devils/Other fanbases.

Devils fanbase is mainly from Bergen to Monmouth Counties so it was no surprise we were the minority by a wide margin.

It was great to see Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Bruins, Wild, Avalanche, Islanders, Red Wings, Penguins, Lightning, Sharks, and even Blue Jackets jerseys there.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:28 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
It was mostly a Flyers crowd. I would say 60-65% Flyers, 25-30% Rangers, 10-15% Devils/Other fanbases.

Devils fanbase is mainly from Bergen to Monmouth Counties so it was no surprise we were the minority by a wide margin.
That's what I pegged it as last night. 60% Flyers, 30% Rangers, 10% Devils/Other.

Which frankly was not surprising at all. AC / South Jersey is Philly territory.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:49 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post

You have got to be kidding me The game was nowhere near NY, you can't expect fans to travel 4+ hours around Thanksgiving to see an exhibition game, even if it is for a great cause. I think it's awesome that the game was for charity, but it was more meant for people of the Atlantic City / NJ Coast / Philadelphia area.

Not attending an away game doesn't make NY fans "indifferent". Not to mention we are still dealing with our own devastation and recovery efforts over here.

11-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
You have got to be kidding me The game was nowhere near NY, you can't expect fans to travel 4+ hours around Thanksgiving to see an exhibition game, even if it is for a great cause. I think it's awesome that the game was for charity, but it was more meant for people of the Atlantic City / NJ Coast / Philadelphia area.

Not attending an away game doesn't make NY fans "indifferent". Not to mention we are still dealing with our own devastation and recovery efforts over here.
Agreed. For my fellow Long Islanders- its what? a 3 hour drive to AC from Nassau? Probably another hour from Suffolk? 6-8 hour round trip on a saturday night is a lot for an exhibition game.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Plus, a lot of Rangers fans went to the college game at MSG

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 08:31 PM
nyrmetros