HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
We lost 2-1 against Houston, game against Abbottsford tomorrow and Sunday against Texas.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:55 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
More live tweeting for today's game vs. Texas.

@RampageNate

Enjoy. Or Don't.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Hey Nate (and/or any other Rampage fans), what is your take on Shore? I seen your tweet on Rheault but I just wanted to see what you see in Shore. Seems like he's jumped over Howden on the charts here early on. Thanks in advance!

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:13 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Hey Nate (and/or any other Rampage fans), what is your take on Shore? I seen your tweet on Rheault but I just wanted to see what you see in Shore. Seems like he's jumped over Howden on the charts here early on. Thanks in advance!

-ghoste
Shore and Rheault are easily the best players on the team. Shore's vision and passing are very good and he has a deadly shot that he needs to use more. He's a tenacious forechecker and has good speed. He is still learning the game, so he can be caught out of position defensively, but I see no reason that he doesn't compete for a roster spot in FL next season.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Shore and Rheault are easily the best players on the team. Shore's vision and passing are very good and he has a deadly shot that he needs to use more. He's a tenacious forechecker and has good speed. He is still learning the game, so he can be caught out of position defensively, but I see no reason that he doesn't compete for a roster spot in FL next season.
With some injuries in FL right now (Kopecky, Goc, Bergy, etc) and if the CBA got signed soon (pfft, no gonna happen but still the point), I could see Shore getting a cup of coffee at the NHL this yr. He's always been figured to be a 3rd line center with the ability to contribute some offensively and fill-in at the 2nd line at the NHL level. Is that what you see from him as well with his play currently?

Separate question, how has Wellman been doing since starting slow in October. Seems that he is doing a little better in November with 5 pts in 7 games. I'm curious if he is basically another Mike Sanotrelli who may be able to play in the NHL but really wont be a long term solution at center. Is he playing wing or center right now?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
With some injuries in FL right now (Kopecky, Goc, Bergy, etc) and if the CBA got signed soon (pfft, no gonna happen but still the point), I could see Shore getting a cup of coffee at the NHL this yr. He's always been figured to be a 3rd line center with the ability to contribute some offensively and fill-in at the 2nd line at the NHL level. Is that what you see from him as well with his play currently??
That is exactly where I see him fitting into the NHL. Just a solid 2 way player.

Quote:
Separate question, how has Wellman been doing since starting slow in October. Seems that he is doing a little better in November with 5 pts in 7 games. I'm curious if he is basically another Mike Sanotrelli who may be able to play in the NHL but really wont be a long term solution at center. Is he playing wing or center right now?
Wellman started at center but has moved to the wing in an attempt to shake things up. He is still dangerous with the puck, but in my opinion, has absolutely quit playing any defense whatsoever. He also refuses to get to the middle of the ice, playing along the boards and just getting into an endless rut of cycling the puck. We really need him to step up his game.

Check out Weber's post game yesterday. A good bit of it was edited out, but he has basically started saying that certain forwards, who were expected to contribute, aren't playing hard. And they will look into doing whatever they have to do to get people in here that do want to compete. He said the Rheault, Shore, Jacques line was the only good line they had all day yesterday.

That leaves guys like Wellman, Wright, Deveaux, and Rallo clearly in the crosshairs, IMO.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Kate

I know the game FAR LESS than you guys do, and I sit way too close to the glass to be able to see the whole rink.... HOWEVER, I was expecting to see more out of Devaux than I have. He seems disinterested and slow. I was expecting a... goon is the wrong word, but more of an enforcer type and I haven't seen that. Rallo just seems to be overwhelmed and doesn't have the help he has had in the past. I surprisingly have been impressed with Sellek. He may not be the best player, but when he's out there, he's giving it all he's got. And in one of Nate's past blogs, he mentioned that Shore has one speed....GO! And that seems pretty accurate, and it did crack me up . Wellman wears the number 17...The past 2 players to wear that number were Spina and Cullen...Both were forwards and were quick and agile with the puck and had good shots. I want to see as much out of Wellman. And DAMN if we shouldn't have beat the Stars yesterday or at least tied them! We were just banging on the glass having a good time after our third goal only to have them score 5 seconds later!!!! ARGGG!

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
RampageNate

McFarland down.

Pacan and Hazen up.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
McFarland down.

Pacan and Hazen up.
I'm definitely interested in how Pacan does. He was tearing it up for Cincinnati as their leading scorer (13 pts in 15 games). Would love to hear a scouting report on him if he does get some ice time if you dont mind.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
RampageNate

Next 5 are on the road, but I'll definitely keep an eye on him on the 8th/9th vs. OKC

Old
11-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Jessica
NHL, AHL, & KHL lovr

Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica
Quote:
Wellman started at center but has moved to the wing in an attempt to shake things up. He is still dangerous with the puck, but in my opinion, has absolutely quit playing any defense whatsoever. He also refuses to get to the middle of the ice, playing along the boards and just getting into an endless rut of cycling the puck. We really need him to step up his game.
I so agree with him not going to he middle. It still bugs me that when he brings the puck into the other team's zone that he stops at the blueline and looks to pass when he should shoot the puck.

I have also not been impressed with Desantis. He has been making way too many mistakes, for my taste.

Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:33 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
I have also not been impressed with Desantis. He has been making way too many mistakes, for my taste.
Meh, he is the exact player they thought they were getting. Weak defensively with the ability to play the point on the PP.

Honestly, of all the Defenseman, he's behind Robak, Petrovic, and Strachan on the WTF?!?! list for me.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:19 PM
RampageNate

Gameday

Old
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

Anxious to see Gudbranson get in the lineup after reading the recent article written about him.

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 06:20 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Anxious to see Gudbranson get in the lineup after reading the recent article written about him.
No Guds until January.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:56 AM
RampageNate

Gameday!

Old
11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Solid games for Shore/Pacan.. I don't get why Pacan gets no love? I'm guilty of sorta over looking him, he's a big righty center that can score. Interested to see him play more.

Also, Markie looked fantastic tonight.. Really looked big in net.

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Darnit. I tuned in just in time to hear the final horn at the end of the game. They win 6-2. Jakob Markstrom with back to back wins.

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Rampage looked night & day since the last game that was streamed. Nice!

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Rampage looked night & day since the last game that was streamed. Nice!

-ghoste
Rampage now 2-0 and outscoring opponents 10-4 since Wellman and Deveaux were shown the cheap seats.

Old
12-02-2012, 02:14 PM
RampageNate

1st Quarter Grades

Old
12-04-2012, 11:55 AM
RampageNate

Gameday! Rampage @ Abbotsford

Old
12-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Coolburn

During last night's town hall meeting in Sunrise, Michael Yormark confirmed that they are negotiating to have a Rampage game played in Sunrise. They actually tried to do that for December but it wasnt logistically possible. They are gonna pursue a January game depending on how the CBA negotiations go.

One other thing that was significant in my view is Tallon's comments about Markstrom. He expects him to play 2 out of 3 games and that was "communicated that is what we expect." I think Tallon/Santos told Weber that he needs to play Markstrom more and so Rampage fans shouldnt expect to see DGM play too many more games this season beyond that 1 out of 3 situation like the Panthers want. Just an FYI.

Last edited by Coolburn: 12-04-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 01:08 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
During last night's town hall meeting in Sunrise, Michael Yormark confirmed that they are negotiating to have a Rampage game played in Sunrise. They actually tried to do that for December but it wasnt logistically possible. They are gonna pursue a January game depending on how the CBA negotiations go.

One other thing that was significant in my view is Tallon's comments about Markstrom. He expects him to play 2 out of 3 games and that was "communicated that is what we expect." I think Tallon/Santos told Weber that he needs to play Markstrom more and so Rampage fans shouldnt expect to see DGM play too many more games this season beyond that 1 out of 3 situation like the Panthers want. Just an FYI.

Just looking at the January schedule, I can't see a game that makes sense. They have a Fri/Sun matchup with Peoria sandwiched around a game in Houston. They then have Lake Erie in for a THU/FRI set with a game in Austin on Saturday. Finally, they play the 25th here against Texas, but again, they play in Texas the next night. Basically every Rampage home game is directly followed by a road game here in Texas. But, I guess with money, anything is possible.

Re: Markstrom/DGM...That's what I expected at the beginning of the season. With Markstrom playing much better lately, it's not really an issue. Also, I don't see the team competing for a playoff spot as long as this lockout keeps going. That said, DGM is the more consistent goalie, so it will be interesting to see what happens when Jacob goes into another slump.

Old
12-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Coolburn

Quote:
Just looking at the January schedule, I can't see a game that makes sense. They have a Fri/Sun matchup with Peoria sandwiched around a game in Houston. They then have Lake Erie in for a THU/FRI set with a game in Austin on Saturday. Finally, they play the 25th here against Texas, but again, they play in Texas the next night. Basically every Rampage home game is directly followed by a road game here in Texas. But, I guess with money, anything is possible.

Re: Markstrom/DGM...That's what I expected at the beginning of the season. With Markstrom playing much better lately, it's not really an issue. Also, I don't see the team competing for a playoff spot as long as this lockout keeps going. That said, DGM is the more consistent goalie, so it will be interesting to see what happens when Jacob goes into another slump.
My guess would be that 2nd Peoria game on Sunday makes the most sense. They can just fly right out of Houston after the Saturday game into Ft Lauderdale. Peoria plays in Dallas on Saturday so they would also just fly from there into Ft Lauderdale that night. Its always possible that it doesnt happen in January like it didnt happen in December. Like I said, depends on how the CBA negotiations go and whether more games get cancelled (or the season is lost).

Tallon said at several points that they want Markstrom to get as much work as possible. To get into a rhythm, he needs to be playing 60+ games. So whether he struggles at all or not, I think the mandate is to keep riding Markstrom.