HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 10:48 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Spits are 2-2-1-0 in their last 5 games,2 losses and an ot loss on the road,during that stretch have scored 13 goals,but allowed on 12 and that was 6 in the game at Barrie
With M.Clarke expected out,and he is 3rd in goal scoring with 7,now that Schoenmakers is gone,others have to pick up the slack,ie Johnson 1 goal in his last 17,Maletta 1 in his 15,E.Clark 2 all season though he scored 1 the another night and was a bright light,the newcomer Lorentz who missed on 2-3 glorious chances
I predict he and HoSang will score today

Old
11-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Sec108

Hope Lorentz keeps hustling out there he was a real fire cracker last game reminicent of his days in Kitts vs spits.Hope to see him score first goal as spit today.

Talking about quine is Wings let him play an OA yr hope he still has some fire in the belly.

Anyone watch the Mil Admirals vs Chicago Wolves last night??? great to see Kass,Watty and Ellis playing.Kass and Watty scored in the shootout.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Good 1st period, dreadful 2nd period and then they show up with 8 minutes left to try and salvage a point. Ends the home ice their streak at home they now need to get a big one on the road at some point. Tough week coming up with Barrie and Kitchener then Ottawa on Sunday.

Legend-I would move Johnson, he was given a lot of ice with the top 6 forwards and couldn't really muster up anything, one tip on goal late. I said last year Billy Jenkins would have been a nice buy low candidate 42 points in 56 games since joining Kingston, 11 points in 73 games with the Ice Dogs.

If Kingston had fan support they could have put out a great bid for a Memorial Cup. All those kids Watson, McKweon, Bennett looked good. They already have Kujawinski, Jenkins, Steele, Greenway, Povorozniuk. Definitely a team to keep an eye on.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Spitsfan67*

Ive been saying it all season not enough fire power. Absolutely pathetic, the guys in the trade are doing pretty well even tho Murphy have take some stupid penaltys, but the trade didn't help are big problem which is scoring,...you can't win if you can't find the back of the net. Meletta to me is just brutal and should be the first guy on his way out, I mean what a complete waste of a first round pick every time I see him on the ice I actually get mad, same goes with Johnson he's pathetic.....if WR doesn't do a trade soon this team is going to be ninth in the conference no doubt I mean extreamly inconsistent in all areas of the game.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Ottomatic

Something needs to be done with Sieloff having to fight every time he lands a clean hit. At this stage I think he should just skate away. I know I was pushing for him to have to stick up for himself, but he's more than proven he is willing now. It's time he just skates away if all the refs can do is give out an instigator - losing Sieloff for 5 minutes is bad for us, not to mention he might have a banged up hand and that could lead to games missed due to injury.

Ho-Sang is much more comfortable at center offensively, but he's probably too small to play there defensively - even if he fully committed in our own end.

Vail had an off game today - he's not clicking with his linemates.

The Clark/Studnicka/Bilcke line is absolutely brutal. A complete horror show.

Koko coming back would be a godsend.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 11-25-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 05:07 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Good 1st period, dreadful 2nd period and then they show up with 8 minutes left to try and salvage a point. Ends the home ice their streak at home they now need to get a big one on the road at some point. Tough week coming up with Barrie and Kitchener then Ottawa on Sunday.

Legend-I would move Johnson, he was given a lot of ice with the top 6 forwards and couldn't really muster up anything, one tip on goal late. I said last year Billy Jenkins would have been a nice buy low candidate 42 points in 56 games since joining Kingston, 11 points in 73 games with the Ice Dogs.

If Kingston had fan support they could have put out a great bid for a Memorial Cup. All those kids Watson, McKweon, Bennett looked good. They already have Kujawinski, Jenkins, Steele, Greenway, Povorozniuk. Definitely a team to keep an eye on.
A struggling Ben Johnson would be tough to move,he only has 1 goal in his last 19,M

Old
11-25-2012, 05:12 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
A struggling Ben Johnson would be tough to move,he only has 1 goal in his last 19,M
Meant to add Maletta has 1 in his last 16
Kingston has a nice young team in fact youngest in the CHL,they were really hanging on,lucky for them Murphy got a penalty with 2.01 to play
Too bad Windsor had such a terrible 2nd period missed a glorious opp
Windsor 1st reg loss at home since Oct 4 against Guelph 5-0
almost 2 months pretty impressive

Old
11-25-2012, 05:21 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
What can you do with him? Last year he struggled early on with another streak like that but we could chalk it up to getting experience to junior hockey and the OHL. Maybe this is the type of guy he is just a very streaky guy but his valleys are more common than his peaks. I bet other teams see this as well so even if he started to play well teams wouldn't necessarily bite. If DeAngelo wants out of Sarnia and that is the talk move anybody on the Spits to get that guy, he would be terrific on the blueline.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Ottomatic

Who were Johnson's linemates last year? Has Johnson been tried on a line with Ho-Sang at all this year?

Old
11-25-2012, 05:36 PM
massey

Quote:
What can you do with him? Last year he struggled early on with another streak like that but we could chalk it up to getting experience to junior hockey and the OHL. Maybe this is the type of guy he is just a very streaky guy but his valleys are more common than his peaks. I bet other teams see this as well so even if he started to play well teams wouldn't necessarily bite. If DeAngelo wants out of Sarnia and that is the talk move anybody on the Spits to get that guy, he would be terrific on the blueline.
I wouldnt be too hung up on DeAngelo.If you are looking for a D man then he isnt it.Yes great skater and carries the puck but tends to loose it and gets caught in opposing end and doesnt get back leading to a lot of odd man rushes.He needs to be moved to forward and try out there.He is not being talked positively about out in the hockey world by the scouts.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Section103

Terrible 2nd period. Dekort didn't look too good either.

Ebert played great.

Sieloff once again proved he can back himself up.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:03 PM
OHLTG

The Sieloff thing almost makes me laugh now. You know every time he hits someone like a truck, he's going to fight, which is both sad and "well, here we go..." The thing about him skating away is you know as soon as he does, the opponent will throw a couple, Sieloff with push back, and they'll get two each for roughing. Not sure that helps us, other than three fewer min in the box?

I love the chemistry that Rychel and Ho-Sang have. Keep them together! Kerby's goal was a thing of beauty.

As for DeKort, I thought he played alright. I'd take one or two of the goals back, but not his fault the defence played hellish in front of him.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Who were Johnson's linemates last year? Has Johnson been tried on a line with Ho-Sang at all this year?
Wasnt Johnson Ho Sang's line mate in the training camp and scrimmages??? I happen to recall they were and with the speed of both of them they seemed to click.Maybe WR cared about his Kerby more.

De Korts weak spot is up high and the Front's were going there.A few times thought the D left him out to dry.

Lorentz invisible today, was hoping for his first as a Spit.

Shoot Ebert Shoot, nice game from him, use that booming point shot more.

Seen maletta's father there again.Doesnt look happy.Maybe his bags are being packed, but like you guys are saying other teams see this too.Maybe a deal with the Dogs for some used pucks in the works.

No easy answer here.We need scoring but not any easy fix.Maybe through the draft is all.And PLZ scouts .....more physical D that finishes their checks next draft .

Old
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Not sure what to do re Johnson,as for DeAngelo he wanted out last yr,he is a riverboat gambler,would u trade Ebert for him straight up or a better question would they

Old
11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
The Sieloff thing almost makes me laugh now. You know every time he hits someone like a truck, he's going to fight, which is both sad and "well, here we go..." The thing about him skating away is you know as soon as he does, the opponent will throw a couple, Sieloff with push back, and they'll get two each for roughing. Not sure that helps us, other than three fewer min in the box?

I love the chemistry that Rychel and Ho-Sang have. Keep them together! Kerby's goal was a thing of beauty.

As for DeKort, I thought he played alright. I'd take one or two of the goals back, but not his fault the defence played hellish in front of him.
The reason for the attacks on Seiloff after one of his big hits, is because players now have that mind set that those are bad agressive hits and retaliate.In old hockey the guy would dust himself off,play would go on and if had cobwebs would head to the bench and clear them out.This is how far we have fallen into politically correct hockey.I know this opinion is few and far between even on this board.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:21 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
The reason for the attacks on Seiloff after one of his big hits, is because players now have that mind set that those are bad agressive hits and retaliate.In old hockey the guy would dust himself off,play would go on and if had cobwebs would head to the bench and clear them out.This is how far we have fallen into politically correct hockey.I know this opinion is few and far between even on this board.
Well said,I agree here.We have taken good checkin out of the game.Its a joke

Old
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Ottomatic

What about acquiring somebody like Mathew Campagna from the Wolves? Would he be available? Not familiar enough with Sudbury, just looking at centers on bad teams and figure we could dangle our 17 yr olds for teams looking at a longer rebuild.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 11-25-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Sieloff not breaking his hand helps us. Sieloff has five fights, four don't count because he was instigated against.

I guess maybe if we had a better pp opponents would think twice about jumping him after a clean hit.

Maybe instigator should be a double minor rather than a 2 and a 10. Make it a 4 and a 10.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:34 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Sieloff not breaking his hand helps us. Sieloff has five fights, four don't count because he was instigated against.

I guess maybe if we had a better pp opponents would think twice about jumping him after a clean hit.

Maybe instigator should be a double minor rather than a 2 and a 10. Make it a 4 and a 10.
Re Seiloff apparently they are going to review the instigator assessed to Hutchinson in todays game,so he get credit for 2 fites

Old
11-25-2012, 06:37 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Re Seiloff apparently they are going to review the instigator assessed to Hutchinson in todays game,so he get credit for 2 fites
I think it should stand. Sure Sieloff gets up and he's ready and willing but only because he knows it's coming. If the guy challenging Sieloff isn't the player he checked and comes in from out of the play than I think that's a fair use of the instigator.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:37 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
What about acquiring somebody like Mathew Campagna from the Wolves? Would he be available? Not familiar enough with Sudbury, just looking at centers on bad teams and figure we could dangle our 17 yr olds for teams looking at a longer rebuild.
I could see the Spits offering Bateman for Campagna,Bateman a year younger,both players have gold edc packages and the Wolves need D
I must say Bateman has played much better since the trade so maybe not

Old
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Ottomatic

Bateman is also getting more/consistent ice time since the trade since Sanvido is suspended - he knows he can't be benched/not dressed for the three games the rookie is suspended unless Boughner wants to go with McNaughton and Bowen over him.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
big papa

Quote:
Bateman is also getting more/consistent ice time since the trade since Sanvido is suspended - he knows he can't be benched/not dressed for the three games the rookie is suspended unless Boughner wants to go with McNaughton and Bowen over him.
Bowen actually got some ice time this afternoon and didnt look that bad, saw Verbeek after the game with a crutch under his left side any idea what happened to him and why was M.Clarke not in the game today?

Old
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Also with Clarke now out,Sanvido suspended 1 more at least,now Verbeek who played 1 or 2 shifts and did not play because of injury,he is getting more ice then McNaughton and Bowen
I thought Bowen played well despite the effects of the flu

Old
11-25-2012, 06:49 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
Bowen actually got some ice time this afternoon and didnt look that bad, saw Verbeek after the game with a crutch under his left side any idea what happened to him and why was M.Clarke not in the game today?
M.Clarke out with upper body injury out 1week-10 days

Closed Thread