HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part 6:|GM#24 Grand Rapid @ Toronto|12/16/12|3PM|RogersTV|Taming a Hippogriff, Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
NeverGoingToWin

vCash: 500
Hopefully you are right.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
meng666

Fraser with a laser beam top corner. Pass from Aucoin.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:18 PM
meng666

Ranger having a pretty bad day. Really poor offense and now some bad defense + penalty to kill the overwhelming momentum the Marlies have had all period.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM
meng666

What a game by Kadri but he just can't buy one. Best game I've seen him play this year. Totally dominant.
Then he gets called after a Bear dives. Karma.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
meng666

Done.
-Owuya made some great (lucky) saves but let in some softies. He needs more games for sure.
-Gardiner and Frattin showed up in the third period and played huge. Too late though.
-Kadri was playing the very best he had to offer. Could have used a bit more luck and accuracy though.
-Colborne wasn't much of a presence. Missed some opportunities.
-Mark Fraser was fantastic. Sweet goal and a brutal win in a fight. Big hits.
-Carter Ashton played hard as usual and was really in people's faces. No points but A+ for effort.
-Paul Ranger was noticeably poor on offense and took a bad penalty at the end after messing up some coverage.
-Spencer Abbott looked pretty good. It was a quiet game for him but he showed some decent stickhandling and quickness.
-Eakins was playing his top guys alot and it made a big difference. Despite the losses the team really seems like it is starting to gel. They will get it going no question.

Last edited by meng666: 11-25-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
-Eakins was playing his top guys alot and it made a big difference. Despite the losses the team really seems like it is starting to gel. They will get it going no question.
They have lots of time 9th. place right now but if they can get a goalie going it should make a difference.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-25-2012, 07:24 PM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
They have lots of time 9th. place right now but if they can get a goalie going it should make a difference.
Marlies really need Rynnas back.....he could make the difference. His stats are far better than the other two guys. Will he be healthy enough to play next game?

Old
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
leafsfuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
What a game by Kadri but he just can't buy one. Best game I've seen him play this year. Totally dominant.
Then he gets called after a Bear dives. Karma.
I dont care how many points he puts up in the AHL, this is all I want to hear. He has always benefited from the structure of the NHL game, both defensively and offensively, and to hear the word "dominant" really gives me the belief he is ready for the NHL full time.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfuture View Post
I dont care how many points he puts up in the AHL, this is all I want to hear. He has always benefited from the structure of the NHL game, both defensively and offensively, and to hear the word "dominant" really gives me the belief he is ready for the NHL full time.
I don't think there are many players dominating the AHL, but an offensive player who dominates will likely be at the top of the scoring list.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

What we should be happy about is just seeing the prospects improve. We should refrain from hyperbole unless there is some irrefutable evidence to support it.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
I don't think there are many players dominating the AHL, but an offensive player who dominates will likely be at the top of the scoring list.

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

What we should be happy about is just seeing the prospects improve. We should refrain from hyperbole unless there is some irrefutable evidence to support it.
Nazem is tied for 22nd with 12 other people, and is also only a point off from being tied @ 15th with 7 others. That's not too shabby considering how slow he started off.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Goaltending is scary to say the least, against Bingo with Lehner and Bishop either one would be the Leafs No.1 Goaltender and both are Backups for Ottawa. They'll probably trade one down the line and get a 1st rd pick.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:00 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Goaltending is scary to say the least, against Bingo with Lehner and Bishop either one would be the Leafs No.1 Goaltender and both are Backups for Ottawa. They'll probably trade one down the line and get a 1st rd pick.
It's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes, last year Scrivens was a real difference maker for the team. This year not so much, don't know why...let's hope it's not because of Allaire. Maybe St. Croix is changing the goalie styles and messing with their play?

Old
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
It's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes, last year Scrivens was a real difference maker for the team. This year not so much, don't know why...let's hope it's not because of Allaire. Maybe St. Croix is changing the goalie styles and messing with their play?
Still think it might be a slow start for him. As far as the Allaire and St. Croix input, I doubt they would be allowed to help in the AHL due to the lockout.

11-26-2012, 02:24 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
The way the Cookie Crumbles is that Murray identified a real weakness in Ottawa and did some thing about it, while Burke fiddled around with free agents instead of signing a proven FA or trading for one. There isn't one player on the Leaf roster I wouldn't have traded for a solid proven No.1 Goaltender without one you can't win, Cujo and Belfour proved that.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
The way the Cookie Crumbles is that Murray identified a real weakness in Ottawa and did some thing about it, while Burke fiddled around with free agents instead of signing a proven FA or trading for one. There isn't one player on the Leaf roster I wouldn't have traded for a solid proven No.1 Goaltender without one you can't win, Cujo and Belfour proved that.
All hail Bryan Murray, the one who won the stanley cup in in 2006-2007 with the Ottawa Senators and is the current president and general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Wait a second....my Hfboard senses tell me this is the Toronto Maple Leaf Board, and the guy who actually made it was Brian Burke! That's not all but he ripped of Bryan Murray of Kadri instead giving them Cowen who is out yet again for another season with another injury in his young career. Oh my god he signed Brett Lebad and traded him for actually players who produced for our team!? No really!!!?!? Wait you are telling me he also signed a player away from his original team and then sent him back to that same team for pieces that this organization didn't have? Go figure.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
How so? By signing Anderson to a long contract when there are better, more consistent goaltenders out there? By what, drafting Robin Lehner? Bishop was only an AHL goaltender when Ottawa traded for him, Ottawa only had Lehner whereas Toronto already has Owuya, Scrivens, Rynnas and Reimer under contract as young goaltenders. There wasn't a spot.

That being said Bishop is doing really well, I wish we had traded for him. That's the thing though Freebird, hindsight is 20/20. We wouldn't even be talking about this if the Marlies were having a rocky start to the season.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:19 PM
darrylsittler27

The big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
All hail Bryan Murray, the one who won the stanley cup in in 2006-2007 with the Ottawa Senators and is the current president and general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Wait a second....my Hfboard senses tell me this is the Toronto Maple Leaf Board, and the guy who actually made it was Brian Burke! That's not all but he ripped of Bryan Murray of Kadri instead giving them Cowen who is out yet again for another season with another injury in his young career. Oh my god he signed Brett Lebad and traded him for actually players who produced for our team!? No really!!!?!? Wait you are telling me he also signed a player away from his original team and then sent him back to that same team for pieces that this organization didn't have? Go figure.
We finished 5th worst last year despite changing almost every piece of the puzzle.We still don't have a number one center(anywhere) and if Reimer stumbles,look out below.Phaneuff is not a number one Dman(Maybe a number 2) and our team is built around a high flying winger.While Burke wins most of his trades,he doesn't fix the underlying problem of design.He also did a horriblle job with free agents.When Burke arrived we were the 7th worst team,last year we regressed and broke a record for home losing streak.If Wilson is to blame,then Burke stubbornly held onto him too long. Then throw in overpayment for Kessel who we really didnt need at that time and you have a GM treading water and a team that still isn't going anywhere.Somewhere Burke slipped up in his "plan" because the truth is this team really isn't any better despite his trades.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Buffalo's GDT (AHL – Amerks vs Marlies – Fri Nov 30 – 7:05PM ET) has been posted. Cheers.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Buffalo's GDT (AHL – Amerks vs Marlies – Fri Nov 30 – 7:05PM ET) has been posted. Cheers.
Wow nice!

Old
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Please let there be a stream to this game.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

People I won't be here so someone giving a recap would be awesome.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:41 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Please let there be a stream to this game.
If you quote it, it will come

Old
11-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
If you quote it, it will come
The two sites that have given streams so far don't have anything. I think they usually show up after the game has started though.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:08 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

stream?

Old
11-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

http://atdhenet.tv/52558/watch-toron...ster-americans

Not sure if active yet. Will probably take 10-15min.

Closed Thread