HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ Charlotte Checkers, Saturday 11/24 5:00PM MDT

Old
11-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Eberle with a clearly unsustainable shooting % of 20%.
What a bunch of garbage that is. Im sure they will just move onto some other made up nonsense without batting an eyelash.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:49 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
What a bunch of garbage that is. Im sure they will just move onto some other made up nonsense without batting an eyelash.
I don't know, getting rid of an exceptional player because your model (in this case a simple average) can't contemplate exceptional players makes sense to me.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:50 AM
TowMater14

I must have missed the write up on Eberle. Who did it?

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:53 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
Over the summer, pretty much he whole advanced stats crowd concluded Eberle is a flash in the pan because he had a high shooting percentage last year.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Hockey Fan #751

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Over the summer, pretty much he whole advanced stats crowd concluded Eberle is a flash in the pan because he had a high shooting percentage last year.
Here's one from 3 days ago:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ust-that-good/

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Yup. Had his career year last year. It was all downhill from there. Need to trade him as his value would never be higher.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowMater14 View Post
mc79hockey did probably the most widely cited one, I think he predicted Eberele to get like 50-60 pts this season? He did also predict Hall to explode however, interested to see how those predictions play out once the season starts.

https://ja.twitter.com/mc79hockey/st...91584098177024

The actual blog post: http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=4301

Tom Awad's VUKOTA system predicted 72 pts for Eberle I think, the system is pretty trendy right now in light of Nate Silver's recent success predicting the American election and Silver's work in baseball with his PECOTA baseball forecasting system. I think it actually predicted Hemsky to get 43 pts last year and he got 36 so it was pretty decent - factors in games played, etc. obviously.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
gpearson1968

At the game

Hi folks,

I had the good luck to be at the game last night, as my sister-in-law was able to swing her company's box suite for me and the family. WOW !

Top Shelf :
Eberle. Easily the best forward on the ice tonight. His sick move in the 2nd to get the goal showed how far above the other skaters he really is.
Hartikainen. Far and away, the greatest combination of skill and hustle for Edmonton. He brought it every shift.

2nd level :
Lander. Decent hustle, GREAT positioning.
Schultz. Great to see him quarterback the powerplay. GREAT skills ! However, a lack of hustle showed a slight too much reliance on those skills, when a little more hustle would have helped the team that much better.
Fedun. Forgot about him playing. Skittish early on, but held his own in the 2nd and 3rd.

3rd :
Hall. I know he got 3 assists, but he was invisible until the 3rd.
Paajarvi. Disappeared behind Hartikainen and Lander. Too bad though, he's one of my favorites to get up to NHL level again.
Danis. Great start, great 2nd, lucky as hell 3rd. made a deal with the posts to cover him in the 3rd.

Bottom.
Rajala, Teubert. Do either of them know that this is a hockey 'game' ? Neither showed skill or positional play, or anything else noticeable.

Cheers,
gpearson1968

Last edited by gpearson1968: 11-25-2012 at 03:31 PM.
gpearson1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:42 PM
GMofOilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpearson1968 View Post
Hi folks,

I had the good luck to be at the game last night, as my sister-in-law was able to swing her company's box suite for me and the family. WOW !

Top Shelf :
Eberle. Easily the best forward on the ice tonight. His sick move in the 2nd to get the goal showed how far above the other skaters he really is.
Hartikainen. Far and away, the greatest combination of skill and hustle for Edmonton. He brought it every shift.

2nd level :
Lander. Decent hustle, GREAT positioning.
Schultz. Great to see him quarterback the powerplay. GREAT skills ! However, a lack of hustle showed a slight too much reliance on those skills, when a little more hustle would have helped the team that much better.
Fedun. Forgot about him playing. Skittish early on, but held his own in the 2nd and 3rd.

3rd :
Hall. I know he got 3 assists, but he was invisible until the 3rd.
Paajarvi. Disappeared behind Hartikainen and Lander. Too bad though, he's one of my favorites to get up to NHL level again.
Danis. Great start, great 2nd, lucky as hell 3rd. made a deal with the posts to cover him in the 3rd.

Bottom.
Rajala, Teubert. Do either of them know that this is a hockey 'game' ? Neither showed skill or positional play, or anything else noticeable.

Cheers,
gpearson1968
Thanks man

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Hitchslap

How many points do you think Eberle puts up next NHL season? I feel like I don't give the guy enough credit. Having watched him the past couple years I always thought Hall and Nuge would steal the show from him, and he would be a 65-75 point guy. He always proves my doubts wrong, and honestly, the sky is the limit for him. There's not many guys in the league as good as him within 10 feet of the net. It's more than just his hands and his shot, he knows where to go and when to fire the puck.

edit: sorry for the bump, didn't realize there was another game today.

Last edited by Hitchslap: 11-25-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote