HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Providence Bruins (@) St. John's IceCaps; 7:30 (NST) at Mile One Centre ; (11-24-12)

Old
11-25-2012, 06:59 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
Was at the game tonight, the building was rocking, great atmosphere. A win for the Baby B's for my first Providence game live.

Svedberg was solid, both goals were scored on decent chances, very impressed, he kept them in it early in the 1st especially while they tried to get their legs going. Was their best player from start to finish.

Spooner right now is high risk-high reward player, once he learns to make the simple play I believe he will be an NHL caliber player. He took two penalties, one lead to tying goal to send the game to OT. But he scored the 2nd Bruins goal right after St. John's tied it to make it 1-1, on a nice breakaway beating Pasquale backhand five-hole, then roofed a beautiful backhand top-right corner for the only goal in the shoot-out.

Another great chance he had in front of the net with a wide open look he tried this fancy spinning backhand pass when he had a open look for a shot, gotta take those shots in that close and open. Another time on the PP half-wall he kept stickhandling and dangling for about 10 seconds and the defender just closed the gap and forced the turnover, clearing the zone. He still has work to do but the skill-set is evident. I thought he looked better than Burmistrov for St. John's who has been a full-time NHL player for two seasons now.

Caron looked alright, nothing special in his game today. He completely wiffed on a breakaway in the 2nd period, didn't score on his shoot-out attempt. Wasn't overly noticeable. Would like to see him in a more scoring role, perhaps on the top-line with Bourque and Spooner. He spent most of the game on the 3rd line with Cunningham and Florek.

Providence as a group looked confused sometimes, especially on the PP and gaining the offensive zone, like they didn't really know where to be or what to expect their teammates to be doing.

Hanson was called in OT for a dive. Funny thing was the PA announcer said it was 2 minutes for embellishment. I thought diving calls were described by PA announcers as "unsportsmanlike conduct". Maybe this is a change they are testing to crackdown on diving at the NHL level?

Overall great experience and glad I got to see the Baby B's live and in person.
Thanks for the recap/game opinions BruinDust, remember, our old and well missed friend Savvy was also a high risk/reward guy, worked out ok for him but I hear what your saying, even Savvy, from time to time, made the safer play

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Newfie Bruin

Send a message via MSN to Newfie Bruin
Quote:
Was at the game tonight, the building was rocking, great atmosphere. A win for the Baby B's for my first Providence game live.

Svedberg was solid, both goals were scored on decent chances, very impressed, he kept them in it early in the 1st especially while they tried to get their legs going. Was their best player from start to finish.

Spooner right now is high risk-high reward player, once he learns to make the simple play I believe he will be an NHL caliber player. He took two penalties, one lead to tying goal to send the game to OT. But he scored the 2nd Bruins goal right after St. John's tied it to make it 1-1, on a nice breakaway beating Pasquale backhand five-hole, then roofed a beautiful backhand top-right corner for the only goal in the shoot-out.

Another great chance he had in front of the net with a wide open look he tried this fancy spinning backhand pass when he had a open look for a shot, gotta take those shots in that close and open. Another time on the PP half-wall he kept stickhandling and dangling for about 10 seconds and the defender just closed the gap and forced the turnover, clearing the zone. He still has work to do but the skill-set is evident. I thought he looked better than Burmistrov for St. John's who has been a full-time NHL player for two seasons now.

Caron looked alright, nothing special in his game today. He completely wiffed on a breakaway in the 2nd period, didn't score on his shoot-out attempt. Wasn't overly noticeable. Would like to see him in a more scoring role, perhaps on the top-line with Bourque and Spooner. He spent most of the game on the 3rd line with Cunningham and Florek.

Providence as a group looked confused sometimes, especially on the PP and gaining the offensive zone, like they didn't really know where to be or what to expect their teammates to be doing.

Hanson was called in OT for a dive. Funny thing was the PA announcer said it was 2 minutes for embellishment. I thought diving calls were described by PA announcers as "unsportsmanlike conduct". Maybe this is a change they are testing to crackdown on diving at the NHL level?

Pretty accurate post IMO, was also at the game. Was really impressed with Svedberg. As for the burmistrov note, the first two games of the year he was an absolute beast, but ever since he's been showing that he doesn't want to be here, even getting award a star 3rd star in a team win couple weeks back and not even coming out. He's clearly rotted he didn't go back to Russia.

Newfie Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:06 PM
BruinsHockey

Since the Bruins are playing the same team today, at the same arena I will just post my stuff here.

4:30 start

BruinsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:33 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey View Post
Since the Bruins are playing the same team today, at the same arena I will just post my stuff here.

4:30 start
Will there be another nice stream like last night?

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:31 PM
cat400

Here is the write-up in the local NL paper on last night's game.

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/Ho...n-a-shootout/1

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:33 PM
cat400

Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on the game.

It is posts like yours that make this board a great place to visit.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:47 PM
BruinsHockey

IceCaps Goal:

Derek Meech (PP)

(1-0)

Old
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
BruinsHockey

At the end of one its 1-0 St. John's.

Pro- Niklas Svedburg made 11 saves on 12 shots.
St.J- Eddie Pasquale made 6 saves on 7 shots.

PP/PK

PP- 0/2
PK-2/3

Bruins came out slow, had a 5 on 3 (for 55 seconds) and did nothing.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:47 PM
BruinsHockey

St. John's Goal:

Derek Whitmore

(2-0)

Bruins are 0-5 on the pp 0-2 on 5on3's

Old
11-25-2012, 05:04 PM
BruinsHockey

At the end of two its 2-0 St. John's.

Pro- Niklas Svedburg made 10 saves on 11 shots.
St.J- Eddie Pasquale made 16 saves on 16 shots.

PP/PK

PP- 0/5
PK-3/4

Old
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Shaun
beauty

5-0 Ice Caps. This team sucks baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Alan Ryan

It's now 6-0 with 5 minutes left in the game.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:10 PM
bruinmann77

how long does cassidy have his job here?

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
cat400

George Street in St. John's is a powerful force and I wonder if it had any effect on the Bruins play today.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:35 PM
BruinsHockey

I came to the assumption that Boston could care less about us as long as there good in Boston. So cASSidy keeps his job until the contract runs out then we get Dean (the assistant) now.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:35 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Typically the PA announcer will say "2 minutes, unsportsmanlike conduct, diving". Embellishment may be the new term, but it's still unsportsmanlike conduct.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:22 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat400 View Post
George Street in St. John's is a powerful force and I wonder if it had any effect on the Bruins play today.
my guess is the boys spent the night Screechin` in at Trapper John`s

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote